Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Masculine Operators

DorneliosV

>expecting a bunch of kids who spent a century or five in suspended animation to be built like brick outhouses

>expecting a bunch of mage-equivalents who sit in comfy chairs all day playing VR games and not eating to have mooscles

2 hours ago, FlyingDice said:

>expecting a bunch of kids who spent a century or five in suspended animation to be built like brick outhouses

>expecting a bunch of mage-equivalents who sit in comfy chairs all day playing VR games and not eating to have mooscles

Okay, I'm honestly not seeing where you're coming from here.

WARFRAME IS NOT AND NEVER HAS BEEN A REALISTIC GAME. This is a game where you feed your cat by spraying magical get-well juice on it.

Have you seen Operator cosmetics? They're already often absolutely ridiculous and strain credulity.

I don't know if you've listened to the male Operator voice lately, but how many 12-year-olds do you know that sound like that? If someone's balls have dropped enough to sound like that, there is NO REASON WHATSOEVER they can't have an early bit of facial hair as well.

Le 11/03/2019 à 18:24, Rin-senpai a dit :

and to be honest, they are probably so much older than 100 years 😉

Remember it would take around 200-300 years for the solar system to become like it is now.

The corpus and grineer rose around the same time. (I'm a little rusty in lore) They both have politics and life style that are hard to maintain for a long period of time without expansion, expansion lead to conflict, division and grow.

There are some faction that barely start to distinct themself: none of these faction are a century old.

My take on this, is the corpus and grineer became 2 superpower recently and their conflict of politics AND interest started recently prior to our awakening.

Yet we have corpus that are 200 years old....they either kept some great technologie from the orokin or they recreated it, wich make little to no sense.

Only thing that could fill the gap would be a faction that seized the power and was overthrowed by the corpus or grineer.

Edited by angias

1 hour ago, ThumpumGood said:

You were asleep in a container in the void for however long and you think that while in stasis that you would have muscles? And not just stasis but stasis in space.

I know I'm sounding like a broken record here, but SERIOUSLY. What is with people trying to apply realistic ideas to a game that doesn't even pretend to begin to pay a hint of interest in realism? This is getting ridiculous. There are honestly so many things wrong with this sort of standpoint it's hard to know where to start.

"They're psychic-powered ghost entities from thousands of years in the past. WE NEED TO HAVE REALISTIC MUSCLE MASS ON THEM!"

Like... do you even HEAR yourself?

3 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

I know I'm sounding like a broken record here, but SERIOUSLY. What is with people trying to apply realistic ideas to a game that doesn't even pretend to begin to pay a hint of interest in realism? This is getting ridiculous. There are honestly so many things wrong with this sort of standpoint it's hard to know where to start.

"They're psychic-powered ghost entities from thousands of years in the past. WE NEED TO HAVE REALISTIC MUSCLE MASS ON THEM!"

Like... do you even HEAR yourself?

No, we dont NEED it. YOU want it
Yes I hear myself. And what I left out for brevity is that I would rather have QoL and Bug fixes LONG before we have cosmetic garbage.

You realize, or maybe you dont, that there are still issues with the cosmetics we have where they have angle issues or tearing or... several issues.The entire cosmetic covering for the operator would have to be redone do suit the new model plus the old model. What you're asking is a monumental task be done because you want he man operators. Sorry... but No. There is too much else to be done.

2 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

You were asleep in a container in the void for however long and you think that while in stasis that you would have muscles? And not just stasis but stasis in space.
63ab4120d84982849afb9ab81ded4851--robin-

Well, I wouldn't want them to be blobs.

4 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

No, we dont NEED it. YOU want it
Yes I hear myself. And what I left out for brevity is that I would rather have QoL and Bug fixes LONG before we have cosmetic garbage.

You realize, or maybe you dont, that there are still issues with the cosmetics we have where they have angle issues or tearing or... several issues.The entire cosmetic covering for the operator would have to be redone do suit the new model plus the old model. What you're asking is a monumental task be done because you want he man operators. Sorry... but No. There is too much else to be done.

Don't change your arguments in mid-stream. Is your stance that we shouldn't have more masculine Operators because it would conflict with realism, or because it would take more work to do? Because I was specifically discussing the first point and I don't have any opinion on the second.

Edited by Ryusuta

46 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

Don't change your arguments in mid-stream. Is your stance that we shouldn't have more masculine Operators because it would conflict with realism, or because it would take more work to do? Because I was specifically discussing the first point and I don't have any opinion on the second.

I didnt change my argument. I expanded on it. You tried to shoot down my simple objection so I went with my full objection. Nothing has changed. Muscle on an individual who has been in statsis in space for a LONG time is ridiculous. But going with your argument that none of it is realistic, I went realistic. Too big of a project that encompasses multiple restructuring of the game to appease your want for something completely unnecessary. I would rather see flowers on the walls of every grineer and corpus ship before they put muscles on an operator because then we dont have to worry about the inevitable bugs with the visuals for months.

Dont ever put words or motives in my mouth. It makes you being a troll, completely obvious.. Go throw a temper tantrum at some one else.

On 2019-03-18 at 3:49 PM, Vorox4 said:

Or you could stop nitpicking at the gender neutral options and be grateful that warframe doesn't force you to play as a steve. Or stop obsessing over the size of your space child oc's private parts. Or accept that hairstyles don't have innate gender and that your magical ninja kid doesn't need to look like a late twenties stubble faced dudebro. Accept the magical space androgyny or go back to playing COD.

I'm absolutely dumbfounded at this post. We play a game that has humanoid bodies, called Warframes, display prominent female features yet you seem to be a bit too angry about someone wanting to have their operator present as a male. You also seem to have blanketed people that prefer to play as females (and there seems to be tinge of assumption that every single one of them is a guy).

Nobody is invalidating how you prefer to present nor is anyone saying anyone else can't present the way they want to but you sure seem to be content to tell someone that they should be happy presenting in a way they're not happy with despite it not hurting you or taking away from your options.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ryusuta said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but my stance is that I don't really care because I spend as little time looking at my operator as possible, but also that it is pretty funny how worked up you're getting over being able to give your operator patchy peach fuzz.

For what it's worth, they're pretty realistic teenagers in all other regards: they're hypocritical, whiny, self-centered social incompetents who never clean the the trash out of their personal space, ignore their parents, and spend as much of their waking hours as possible playing Fortnite doing the future equivalent of vivisecting squirrels and stealing from gas stations.

4 hours ago, FlyingDice said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but my stance is that I don't really care because I spend as little time looking at my operator as possible, but also that it is pretty funny how worked up you're getting over being able to give your operator patchy peach fuzz.

For what it's worth, they're pretty realistic teenagers in all other regards: they're hypocritical, whiny, self-centered social incompetents who never clean the the trash out of their personal space, ignore their parents, and spend as much of their waking hours as possible playing Fortnite doing the future equivalent of vivisecting squirrels and stealing from gas stations.

Not my Operator, no. My Operator is a girl. But I just think that the reasons for not having more visual options in a setting like this are somewhat weaksauce.

On 2019-03-18 at 10:27 PM, Methanoid said:

in todays weird PC culture I wouldnt be surprised if they just left out the masculine side of things, "men" seem to be getting phased out of everything these days, probably why the operators here are left as androgynous teens, cant get grief from any particular PC culture group with a personal agenda to voice..

On 2019-03-11 at 9:46 PM, DorneliosV said:

So female op. are getting new hairstyles but when for men? like the appearance of the operator looks to feminine and the "male" faces doesn't help a lot, it will be great if they added more hairstyles for men or a beard something like that. 

Or if it's to hard well i think a redesign of the body will be great to, more a bit more taller or a bit athletic idunno xd 

I don't like how masculine operators they look to weird xD

Thats because they are children...not adults. There tends not to be huge differences in body shape, or even facial appearance in kids in their early teens...hence the somewhat androgynous appearance.

So DE may add some new male hairstyles, but don't expect any major changes to the physique.

35 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Thats because they are children...not adults.

If that's the case, why do both of the male voices sound like they're 20 years old minimum? It's okay to have an obviously adult voice, but not a little variation in physique?

8 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

If that's the case, why do both of the male voices sound like they're 20 years old minimum? It's okay to have an obviously adult voice, but not a little variation in physique?

Well some people seem to think everything is like Hans Christian Andersen from FGO with the Shota body and Dio Brando's voice.

46 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Thats because they are children...not adults. There tends not to be huge differences in body shape, or even facial appearance in kids in their early teens...hence the somewhat androgynous appearance.

So DE may add some new male hairstyles, but don't expect any major changes to the physique.

As mentioned, the voice. Kids do not talk like that. But the current voice is still preferable to a squeaky loli.

This is also quite a false statement you are making. Girls get breast buds (the precursor to well, oppai) quite early and puberty in our time actually starts around 10 - 12 years old. Even a hairlessasianguy like me can get a beard at 13. It's a step forward they gave the female operator A cups but it's kinda limited.

Most people would believe the Operator to be older than that, which is why there is perfectly nothing wrong with a more typically feminine/masculine physique.

15 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

Muscle on an individual who has been in statsis in space for a LONG time is ridiculous. .

BullS#&$. There is obviously artificial gravity which has been equalised with that of Earth. Also, you would have kept your muscle mass from before stasis - the whole point of stasis is to freeze the body at "that moment in time", not allow it to degenerate. If it atrophied that is S#&$ty stasis that doesn't serve its purpose.

Also, pretty sure, on a ship with artificial gravity, there is nothing stopping the operator from stepping out of the Somatic Link to do push-ups, jumping jacks and squats, or even lift if you can get weights. Even if there was no muscle to begin with, there is nothing stopping the gain of muscle.

15 hours ago, ThumpumGood said:

But going with your argument that none of it is realistic, I went realistic. Too big of a project that encompasses multiple restructuring of the game to appease your want for something completely unnecessary. I would rather see flowers on the walls of every grineer and corpus ship before they put muscles on an operator because then we dont have to worry about the inevitable bugs with the visuals for months.

Equally spurious. DE has always been making changes nobody wanted or cared for, filled with bugs and glitches. Yet some of these have been warmly received.

Only YOU as an individual doesn't want it. I can say I would love to have an operator with a better shaped body and a nicer face.

56 minutes ago, Ryusuta said:

Probably they felt actual kids / teenagers' voices would be too annoying.

Remember this is a M / 17-rated game, actually aimed more towards adults than children. You'll also notice their manner of speaking is distinctly adult, rather than child-like.

Nobody ever accused game designers of consistency. :wink:

Could even make it part of the game lore, where the Operators somehow aged mentally, but not physically, during their "dream time".

Edited by FlusteredFerret