Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

While I quite like the challenges we’ve had so far (save for things requiring RNG or heavy grinding), I do have to agree that for somebody who works most of the week, the hour long survival challenges should be cumulative.

The rest I’ve been fine with so far as it sort of pushed me into doing other content I haven’t really touched in a while, and it’s been fun. Personally though, I think there should be more challenges throughout the week at once/altogether, as for the moment it feels as though earning standing to reach rank 30 will be tight.

I also feel the fugitives should drop a small amount of creds per cap, say 5 per fugitive or 10 rewarded on capturing the whole group, since not everyone will be able to prestige, and new players won’t be able to really get much out of the new alert shop system due to being excluded from the Elite weeklies.

It would at least give more of a reason for actually bothering with the fugitives when they spawn, and give new players a better time unlocking rewards from the new alerts system like important mods and materials. That, or some actual missions still that just award flat wolfcreds.

Edited by WingedCrusade

my thoughts and regards about nightwave and what DE missed with Night Wave are on this post

Also, also, I find it a S#&$ thrown into my face when DE ask what they should do now. As for years and all these dev streams they are showing us promising things that have never seen the day light in this game or are hinted at but never shown. Also things that are half done and never looked upon again. 
I think DE should stop releasing content in a state that is under the bar and release them in a proper manner and then adjust them along the away and not the other way around. 

Where is the rest of the story and war, why not continue to work on that and build upon?
What about the deeper relationship between the Tenno and Warframe and the world around them?
What about the Tenno delving into an unknown world where they still have to deal with the fact that all these years as Warframe was the second dream ?
And that the world around have changed?

In the post above I have also stated that DE seem to miss allot with the things they release in the game and that I have more to add to it.

Summoning Warframe/Tenno
The Tenno and Warframe can teleport back and forth towards one and the other, yet in the game we only have the one where it teleport back to my location where I am as the Tenno and when the Tenno die the other way, around. Why give not the player both the control over this during game-play. the perfect button for this would also be the L1 (going invisible) and then pressing the Tenno button. 

The language of the mobs in game
There used to be this awesome thing where every faction of this game had their own language and developments on that. For whatever reason, suddenly all of them speaks English ... Why?

Ordis Foundry
The ability to access Ordis foundry on the hubs scattered through the star-chart is plausible, for the game perspective and lore. 
Ordis is the an AI capable of many things, let's not forget the scattering of Ordis Kardan memories, the ability to receive and record voice messages through images, the rendition of the room in the orbit that we call our own now, and many more functions. Yet this is one of that we cannot access. I don't know why that isn't possible, but at this point I wish it was there.  

Edited by (PS4)Elloshin

Look into Nightwave Alert type missions where you opt into them just like past Alert missions.  For example, the Survival mission being 60 minutes is ridiculously long but create a 30 minute version of it that starts at a higher difficulty.  This can allow for greater control over those Elite difficulty achievements.  I would even rather opt into a 20 minute Elite Survival mission where the timer for air drops 100% faster and starts with level 80 enemies than going into something that is gonna take an hour of my life and only the final 10 minutes maybe the challenge.

Other ideas for special Elite missions that we opt into:

-Defense & Mobile Defense: Being within 10 or 15 meters of the protected item causes players to lose 10% Max HP/Sec thus forcing players to fight around it vs on top of it.  Could have a 10 wave Defense where 1 Boss spawns at 5th wave and then 2 Bosses spawn at 10th wave.

-Nightwave Capture: Fugitives are on the run. These guys are much faster and stronger and this time you have to actually stop them before they reach a specific destination to escape.  The mission starts with 1 Fugitive that shows up on 1 side randomly on the map and has to get to a destination on the other side.  After he is captured, 2 Fugitives show up.  After them, 3 Fugitives.  All of them will have different spawn points and destinations.  So the 3 Fugitives at the end could up being completely separate of each other which may force Tenno to split up.  Completing this mission will not only count as an Elite mission but also give some Wolf Creds (say 5 or so) for completing.  Also, as an Elite mission, not 1 Fugitive is allowed to escape.

-Interception:  Many things can be done to this one.  Such as if no Tenno are on a point for 30 seconds, you automatically lose that point to the enemy instantly.  Could also have the points turn into hazards like Gas if the Tenno have control of it.  Forcing players to fight from off the points vs on top of them.

Edited by (PS4)ImTooHungover
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, microwavekonijn said:

Those elite weekly challenges are way too long. I tried the kuva survival one and 20 seconds before the end we ran out of support. 1 hour wasted. Make it that it that the time accumulates per run or that the timer even without support continues.

I kept running out at 50 ish minutes for 4 rounds.Decided to do a quits on that. And the other one about the survival. Wanted to do them at the same time. 
Until these two, I have had done every Challenge in the game and rack up 84500 point.  *(Rank 8 and 4500 points). 
But it shouldn't be such a dent in to my point system if I believe what is being said about this system out there. Should do those when it is still early to mid of the week when everybody wants to do them asap. Even though I wanted to stack those points up to buy potatoes and forma. 

This is also a point that I want to bring out. 
I have noticed that after that mid week period, the request and acceptance of it seem to drop immediately. Some of the clannies are willing to help you but is not the same as the days before.And it becomes more of finding those willing, than to put effort in to the mission. The enthusiasm seems to be gone ...
What if there are more challenges like that and none is able to play complete because the other person needed to complete is just unavailable then ...

How can you possibly justify eliminating the entire alert system with this?  I now have to choose between an orokin reactor and nitain instead of being able to get both through alerts?  Nitain was 4x per day and now I have to use wolf credits.  I've spent three days twiddling my thumbs waiting for this next weekly update to even be able to do something meaningful again.  Please return the alerts, even if they are limited compared to how they used to be.  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, (PS4)CastleBootsauce said:

How can you possibly justify eliminating the entire alert system with this?  I now have to choose between an orokin reactor and nitain instead of being able to get both through alerts?  Nitain was 4x per day and now I have to use wolf credits.  I've spent three days twiddling my thumbs waiting for this next weekly update to even be able to do something meaningful again.  Please return the alerts, even if they are limited compared to how they used to be.  

by the end of the 10 weeks, u can get 300 molf creds if u hit the last set of wolf creds, if u get past 30 u get 50 wolf creds for each rank past 30, up to rank 50 if i recall with the amount of time we have, thats 20 whole ranks of 50, if 1300 wolf creds isnt enough, idk what to tell u

I'm not enjoying nightwave, I did at first but now I'm rapidly losing interest.

What you've done is turn the game in to a slowly changing set of repetitive tasks with a deadline, locking at least one resource (Nitain) behind that task list.

The thing is, I get paid to do a slowly changing set of tasks with deadlines, it's characteristic of a job and I don't want that experience in my recreation.

Remove the deadlines, let us dip in and out as we want to rather than compelling us to jump through the hoops with daily and weekly tasks, put up all of the tasks and let us complete them as we want, or not as we want. If people want to burn through everything then let them. Give wolf creds with each rank up as rather than at set points, remove the cosmetic and display rewards, they're just filler.

Oh yes, please silence the drivelling idiot dj and do away with the insulting reward speech "Hind brain......etc"

With this and the new melee changes you're driving me away from the game. I'm losing the ability to bother playing. I remember when warframe used to be fun, trying new frames, "what shall we do today?" and so forth, now it's become a chore.

Week 3 - another entire set of challenges that I dont find fun and otherwise would not be doing if you didnt require it to get nitain/reactors/unique rewards

You are turning my play time into a job, and giving me less time to enjoy the things I want to do.

Then on week three, there were both mining and bounty missions at the same time. 

You're tolling us.  As the meme goes, who would you DO that? You know people complain about leechers mining in bounty missions all the time already. Now you're just begging them to do it. 

In a related note, seconding an earlier post requesting kavat DNA in the wolf cred shop. The improved drop rate in no way makes up for their rare appearance in alerts. 

Dear De, you want to speak to all of us with these challenges, why not make it an option to pick several number of said challenges every week upon login in and then spice it up every so often. This way every one can pick their choice of the challenges you provide without having to bark at you about the challenges taking to long, because now you are challenging every player with in their own receptive way. 

You will please all kinds of players with this, without having to cater just one. 

Also have the ability to pick random challenges but not force it upon the players, because right now, everyday, feels like that we are if we want to have access to the things in game. 

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

by the end of the 10 weeks, u can get 300 molf creds if u hit the last set of wolf creds, if u get past 30 u get 50 wolf creds for each rank past 30, up to rank 50 if i recall with the amount of time we have, thats 20 whole ranks of 50, if 1300 wolf creds isnt enough, idk what to tell u

it isn't. It isn't enough. By this time, I would have been able to craft a few alertium heavy weapons and have the ability to potato a few.

( have played 170 hours in the past 2 weeks because of several reasons playing out at ones. I was at 200h played over 5 years time on the ps4, MR10.) 

with the increase in play time, my progression should have been boosted by some folds, but it is being halted ...
I have played WF on the PC, so I know where I should be, because of this. 

So, no, the wolf credits do not pay out as they should of right now,

Maybe in 8 weeks, we'll know but until then ... 

No

They even call it a type of syndicate, so put it in with the syndicate alerts, or make so that it has its own selection, rather than forcing it down our throats.

Have no idea what they are thinking, as I haven't heard any thing from them, so I'm downloading Warface to see if it would be a good (or even a fair) replacement.Once I find something, I tend to stick with it until the devs do something like this - just as I have said bye bye to dust514, Bungie's Destiny and any new destiny releases, ubisoft's division and many others. once gone they only become "... remember when..."

Week 3 feedback:

Can we restrict the number of mining, fishing, floof hunting per week to one....  While they're not exactly hard they do take a fair amount of time, especially when looking for rare items, and to put it bluntly we could be doing something far more interesting...or the boring fracture missions.

Can we not have 5 sorties in a week for 5k, again this a balance thing, 3 at most.  Sorties aren't hard for 'veterans' but they can take a long time if we get a bad rotation of missions.

Stealth kills is easy enough if you have the right frame but it's not a quick mission to do.

So in essence the amount of time needed to do the missions is the main issue again, mostly due to the balance of time versus return, but in some cases because it takes us away from the main game for too long.

edit: just had another thought about this week.  There's not much 'crossover' of missions so we're basically having to do each one individually making it take even longer. 

At least derelict vaults can be done solo now lol

/edit

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PapaKrampus said:

I wish it was just stealth kills. I'd take 1000 over the current challenge.

I've had it for rivens a few times, ivara with sleep arrow and jobs done, sleep equinox is another option as far as I know too.  It just takes time.

11 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

I've had it for rivens a few times, ivara with sleep arrow and jobs done, sleep equinox is another option as far as I know too.  It just takes time.

Yeah it appears the reason i wasn't getting it because the mission needed minimum level 30 enemies not just have level 30s like it implies.

Wow a new week of Nora's stupid acts - and you guessed it they suck - DE stop forcing players to play these stupid acts - it's more time consuming and grindy and less rewarding, but most importantly it's not fun to play. I left my maxed out guild in Star Wars: The old republic because EAware changed the guild conquest system overnight without telling anyone about it and made it completely not fun to play. Then they refused to change it back as thousands of players quit the game from a dwindling population already on life support. Don't make the same mistake DE.

Bring back the quick alert system now - don't wait 10 weeks for feedback you should have gotten before releasing it in the first place.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Wow a new week of Nora's stupid acts - and you guessed it they suck - DE stop forcing players to play these stupid acts - it's more time consuming and grindy and less rewarding, but most importantly it's not fun to play. I left my maxed out guild in Star Wars: The old republic because EAware changed the guild conquest system overnight without telling anyone about it and made it completely not fun to play. Then they refused to change it back as thousands of players quit the game from a dwindling population already on life support. Don't make the same mistake DE.

Bring back the quick alert system now - don't wait 10 weeks for feedback you should have gotten before releasing it in the first place.

so being rewarded for doing stuff u should already be doing is a bad system?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, (PS4)Spider_Enigma said:

so being rewarded for doing stuff u should already be doing is a bad system?

Being forced to do stuff you don't want to do is a bad system - Yes - especially when you could get around the same rewards with less grind earlier.

Let players choose what they want to play instead and let them do those things over and over again while getting a generous amount of XP.

If players enjoy killing a Teralyst let them kill it multiple times while getting the same amount of XP each time as they rank up in the system.

Don't force players to do 15 specific missions each week for 10 weeks that are not fun to play to get to the same amount of XP.

Edited by Shadow-Spawn
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shadow-Spawn said:

Being forced to do stuff you don't want to do is a bad system - Yes - especially when you could get around the same rewards with less grind earlier.

Let players choose what they want to play instead and let them do those things over and over again while getting a generous amount of XP.

If players enjoy killing a Teralyst let them kill it multiple times while getting the same amount of XP each time as they rank up in the system.

Don't force players to do 15 specific missions each week for 10 weeks that are not fun to play to get to the same amount of XP.

"i dont want to play a game so i wont play it, reward me anyways with cheap and easy capture missions insted"

no