The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to turn opticor vandal from average to GODLY

17inchguns

Opticor vandal+ neg puncture riven + arcane acceleration = absolute monster. 

Without this set up the vandal felt no different gameplay wise to my regular opticor with fire rate mods.

While I am finally happy with the vandal, it shouldnt take such a specific riven and set up to do so. And ironically, the mechanic that redeems it is quite opposite of what the original Opticor was.

Footage

Edit:

For those saying that a riven can make any weapon godly take a moment and test stuff... Some weapons will never be better than average-bad, regardless of what riven (eg: glaxion). And few, if any, will perform as the vandal in the video (regarding primaries, before someone brings up melee). 

Edited by 17inchguns
  • Like 1

hace 4 horas, o0Despair0o dijo:

That's literally how you can make any weapon "godly".

I don't see the point of this thread.

Not for the vandal. I tried a cc cd ms neg on it and was dissapointed. What nakes this weapon shine is the particular set up I mention, the neg puncture is key. This thread is to show people who are disappointed in the vandal, like i was, a means to make it great

No riven can make any weapon godly, take glaxion for example, plenty other examples too.

Edited by 17inchguns

hace 2 horas, Xzorn dijo:

Doesn't look that great to me.

I do lvl 300+ Solos and I don't think that would keep up with kill rates at all.

I wouldn't even use Opticor with Garuda. Just better options.all around.

It seems fantastic to me. Ive taken it to lvl 500 + (didnt record, but when I have time again I will) and it kept up great with the kill rate. Melee is king obviously but few rifles can do what it does at that lvl, if any. Another nice feature is its insane ammo economy, you never run out.

hace 2 horas, MagPrime dijo:

Ehhh, I like my weapons to fire when I hit the trigger, not wind up and then go off.  I'll stick with my bullet hoses, thanks though. 

2 arcane acceleration r3 and its almodt like a full auto

hace 5 minutos, Ikyr0 dijo:

Riven.

I feel without Riven, the Vandal is way above average even for high lvl content, when built right. 

I would never take it for high lvl content, unless neg puncture riven. To put things into perspective, even with a cd cc ms riven in simulacrum it took way too long to kill a 160, it just cant proc slash consistently because of puncture.

4 minutes ago, 17inchguns said:

I would never take it for high lvl content, unless neg puncture riven. To put things into perspective, even with a cd cc ms riven in simulacrum it took way too long to kill a 160, it just cant proc slash consistently because of puncture.

it performs great up to lvl 150 or so. especially against Corpus, modded for gas. I don't do higher content than that, so for me the Vandal is great. but yeah, as everyone is telling you, a riven can make just about any weapon godly. Opticor rivens are really expensive atm. 

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 1

hace 1 minuto, Ikyr0 dijo:

it performs great up to lvl 150 or so. especially against Corpus, modded for gas. I don't do higher content than that, so for me the Vandal is great. but yeah, as everyone is telling you, a riven can make just about any weapon godly. Opticor rivens are really expensive atm. 

Lvl 150 isn't high lvl content for me, but regardless, corpus are very weak, even more so if modded with gas, it won't indicate a weapons potential tbh. My catchmoon can 1 shot lvl 160 corpus but it falls off at high lvl content and wont scale.

I disagree with the "any riven can make a weapon godly". Plenty of weapons out there that cant be fixed, no matter what riven, even fewer which can be turned into a 1 shot monster that scales amazingly at high level.

• Like 1

Woo hoo you can shoot a level 300 enemy and wait 5 seconds for it to die. You have to go out of your way to fight level 300 enemies, and gain no extra reward for fighting them.  Level 100-120 enemies from enhanced armor or eximus stronghold sorties still melt from the vandal. Enemies that don't rely upon weak point hitboxes melt in a shot or two(splash damage messes with hitboxes too much).

I consider "end game" the highest level content available that gives a reward grade unique to itself. Using that definition, sorties, arbitrations, open world bosses, and ESO are the end game content. If you can handle some or all of that content reliably with a weapon, I would consider it a high tier weapon, if it can handle all of that, a top tier. The vandal does suffer from the previously mentioned weakness, but it can handle all other types of enemies reliably.

Challenge for the sake of challenge doesn't define a weapon. Where it can take you, and what you can do with it defines the weapon. The vandal is not some "average" weapon, because if the average weapon could delete level 100's within a third of a second(vile acceleration, yes I have it going that fast, the damage is already high enough), then the challenges players face in progression would be non existent.

• Like 4

You know, those arguments of "this weapon can be amazing if you have THIS Riven..." just dont fly. Why? Because this can be said for any half-decent weapon with a good disposition.

If you are going to advocate that a weapon can be awesomesauce, you need to make a build people can do easily. And a Riven with specific stats is not that because on its full relyance on RNG or having plat to buy it.

You come across as someone who is just advertising their product otherwise.

• Like 2

hace 2 minutos, Deadoon dijo:

Woo hoo you can shoot a level 300 enemy and wait 5 seconds for it to die. You have to go out of your way to fight level 300 enemies, and gain no extra reward for fighting them.  Level 100-120 enemies from enhanced armor or eximus stronghold sorties still melt from the vandal. Enemies that don't rely upon weak point hitboxes melt in a shot or two(splash damage messes with hitboxes too much).

I consider "end game" the highest level content available that gives a reward grade unique to itself. Using that definition, sorties, arbitrations, open world bosses, and ESO are the end game content. If you can handle some or all of that content reliably with a weapon, I would consider it a high tier weapon, if it can handle all of that, a top tier. The vandal does suffer from the previously mentioned weakness, but it can handle all other types of enemies reliably.

Challenge for the sake of challenge doesn't define a weapon. Where it can take you, and what you can do with it defines the weapon. The vandal is not some "average" weapon, because if the average weapon could delete level 100's within a third of a second(vile acceleration, yes I have it going that fast, the damage is already high enough), then the challenges players face in progression would be non existent.

That same lvl 300 will die in less than a second if I shoot at it 2-3 times in general, something easy provided arcane acceleration. 

No opticor vandal will 1 shot a lvl 120 corruped heavy gunner eximus (maybe other variants, havent tested) unless you have my specific set up. Ive seen many youtube riven tests where the yeven failed to 1 shot lvl 100 greneir lol and that was without the damage loss of vile acceleration lol...

Each person has their own idea of end game. Some like going past lvl 120s, myself included. Regardless, without the particular set up I mention, the vandal is average at best, even in your lvl 120 eximus scenario (many other weapons will kill way faster and be more practical and comfortable)

Finally, they may eventually make survival scale, in which case it will matter, a lot

hace 8 minutos, Zeclem dijo:

opticor vandal isnt a sidegrade to the base opticor. it does perform way better in any kind of content. its a straight upgrade, riven or not. 

Its well known its a side grade, at best you could call it a small buff. I can make the regular opticor shoot just as fast with fire rate mods+ arcane and if I want to revert to more damage I can. With the vandal you are stuck with it, all you can do is add more fire rate (don't see the point though). 

So, a slight increase in sc cc and cd worth a less flexible weapon with all the grind that comes with it worthy of "upgrade"? I don't think so....

4 minutes ago, 17inchguns said:

Its well known its a side grade, at best you could call it a small buff. I can make the regular opticor shoot just as fast with fire rate mods+ arcane and if I want to revert to more damage I can. With the vandal you are stuck with it, all you can do is add more fire rate (don't see the point though). 

So, a slight increase in sc cc and cd worth a less flexible weapon with all the grind that comes with it worthy of "upgrade"? I don't think so....

you need several mods to get all the advantages that vandal brings, it doesnt only have more firerate. it also have more mag size and faster reload too(which are massive buffs to the dps), while i can make up for the damage difference with a single mod called heavy caliber, which i never had space for in my standard opticor cus i had to slot all those firerate mods and my riven to make it actually somewhat usable. 

Edited by Zeclem
  • Like 1

hace 2 minutos, Zeclem dijo:

you need several mods to get all the advantages that vandal brings, it doesnt only have more firerate. it also have more mag size and faster reload too(which are massive buffs to the dps), while i can make up for the damage difference with a single mod called heavy caliber, which i never had space for in my standard opticor cus i had to slot all those firerate mods and my riven to make it actually somewhat usable. 

You can never make the vandal do the damage the regular opticor does if both go for damage (which is what that opticor essence is about, 1 shot 1 kill). As said before you can make opticor like vandal, with the sacrifice of on paper dps. 

There was a thread "Here are opticor vandals stats" where two top tier rivens where compared. The vandal took 9 seconds to kill the 160, the opticor 2. See how its not all about paper dps. Similarly, my vandal set up doesent have the highest dps yet it kills faster and higher lvl than builds with higher dps. These things you learn by testing and use, sonething WF builder wont show you

Dude both opticor variants will suck balls vs anything thats over lvl200 armored enemy. Only saving grace for these weapons is Hunters munitions and you need very specific riven for it to maintain its utility and dmg. Only primaries that can scale "infinitely" WITHOUT OUTSIDE BUFFS/DEBUFFS are sniper rifles cause their combo system and again you need HM on them to be able to kill armored stuff (and land headshots). Also obviously if you go SOLO endurance you use CO melee with maimer and your primary/secondary is there just for CO IPS/elements stacking.

• Like 1

hace 5 minutos, Benour dijo:

Dude both opticor variants will suck balls vs anything thats over lvl200 armored enemy. Only saving grace for these weapons is Hunters munitions and you need very specific riven for it to maintain its utility and dmg. Only primaries that can scale "infinitely" WITHOUT OUTSIDE BUFFS/DEBUFFS are sniper rifles cause their combo system and again you need HM on them to be able to kill armored stuff (and land headshots). Also obviously if you go SOLO endurance you use CO melee with maimer and your primary/secondary is there just for CO IPS/elements stacking.

hace 3 horas, Benour dijo:

You failed at understanding word sidegrade. Nothing wrong with opticorV, its awesome weapon, your face is mastery fodder trash.

First you attempt at making a pitifull insult because I said a video game gun was a sidegrade and your next post basically resonates what my post is about. 

I really want to set you straight but Ill let a mod do that. Dont tarnish this community further with your presence, its better without you.

hace 35 minutos, Fishyflakes dijo:

Fake video.

PSA: Slash procs deal more damage when Simulacrum enemies are paused.

Nothing to see here folks.

You might want to see the video before you comment on it. Those slash procs on lvl 300 were enough to 1 shot them and in lvl 500+ same case lol. 

Good thing I included the other footage. BTW the wiki mentions the damage bonus is for melee not primaries: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Stealth

Edited by 17inchguns

1 hour ago, 17inchguns said:

You can never make the vandal do the damage the regular opticor does if both go for damage (which is what that opticor essence is about, 1 shot 1 kill). As said before you can make opticor like vandal, with the sacrifice of on paper dps. 

There was a thread "Here are opticor vandals stats" where two top tier rivens where compared. The vandal took 9 seconds to kill the 160, the opticor 2. See how its not all about paper dps. Similarly, my vandal set up doesent have the highest dps yet it kills faster and higher lvl than builds with higher dps. These things you learn by testing and use, sonething WF builder wont show you

if you go full damage on both, opticor will be worthless in any actual gameplay but vandal will be very much top tier. and its not just "paper dps" its actually a massive loss on its usability, especially when you consider that anybody who counts in rivens in a balance discussion should be reminded that rivens arent a point in balance. and even then, 9 shots on vandal is faster than 2 shots on an opticor. 

• Like 1