Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Nightwave Elite Weekly ‘Defense’ swapped to ‘Eximus’

[DE]Drew

just cleared the 40 waves with clan, got the popup message that we had done the waves, but when we exited...this change showed up, so now its eximus hunt, after an hour and 17 mins struggle to stay awake...erm sorry defence mission...

since we didnt get points(its a 5k reward mission and i got 3,450 currently), lets just hope they wont be some weird bug preventing us from getting the points once we clear the eximus job then...

would have been nice to have an ingame warning about the mission change a little earlier to avoid entering the mission for nothing tho

il y a 4 minutes, RadYogh a dit :

Why not? :( It's so hard to convince people to do somewhat long endless missions.... 😕

One thing is convince people to do something, another one is force people to either do something or "lose" X. Either way, i'll assume you were testing a bait, sadly it wont work.

PS, 40 waves of def was already kinda overkill, like the 60 mins suv. That should be the limit and appear only once a month worth of challenges.

hace 8 minutos, IceBen dijo:

Index is just a visual bug, if you did it, you have the standing.

Also, I got the points for the eximus, so I'm not that mad, but it took 20 more minutes 😞

The problem that seems to me to be bug, you can continue to do and continue adding points. "I haven't tried".

But for the doubts they should also change it as soon as possible.

This one worked fine for us.
On the contrary.
the index one keeps being completed, then shows up as incomplete when back inside our orbiter.

Did it two times, and gave us success each time.
untill checking back afterward...

Spoiler

j1TVExf.jpg

kkwSWFh.jpg

26 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

To my understanding:
It's less that DE can't change nightwave challenges, and more that they don't want to change the challenges since Nightwave is synced across PC and consoles. If they make a change to PC, then they'd have to change Console nightwave as well... except that requires sending changes to cert, which just takes way too long.

Here I think they swapped a challenge as this happened on all platforms. I think they can't modify acts but they can swap them. Still, all consoles were updated last week. Could have dumped some extra acts in to be safe. 

On 2019-03-08 at 10:20 AM, [DE]Saske said:

Hey Tenno! We should have a fix for this issue in the upcoming Hotfix.

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

Greetings, Tenno! 

The Nightwave Elite Weekly that required 40 waves of Defense has been swapped with ‘Kill 100 Eximus’ after we received bug reports of the 40 waves not counting in Orokin Derelict Defense.

If you experienced this bug while trying to complete the Defense weekly, we're sorry for the serious frustration this caused. We’ve reviewed other challenges as well to help prevent something like this from happening again. We appreciate your patience as we work to iron out any bugs, issues, and inconsistencies in the Nightwave system. We’re also actively reviewing feedback to improve Nightwave overall; please add your feedback here:

Great work just finished 40 waves defense and was wondering why I didn't get the rep, then I see that the challenge had just disappeared.

6 minutes ago, Derelicthor said:

One thing is convince people to do something, another one is force people to either do something or "lose" X. Either way, i'll assume you were testing a bait, sadly it wont work.

PS, 40 waves of def was already kinda overkill, like the 60 mins suv. That should be the limit and appear only once a month worth of challenges.

Why forcing? You don't realy loosy anything if you don't do that... You don't have to do all the weekly challanges to get max rank.

This could be added as some kind of additional challenges that go for entire nightwave season.Giving you 10k points. But only once per season... Would be nice, no?

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Probably because long endless missions are just that, long

Also, I don't get why people spend so much time on defense missions... I doubt that they don't know about speed nova. Maybe they are trying to do it the hard way, with unmodded MK-1 Braton and using maximum CC setups like vauban+frost+slow nova+nyx?

The last time I looked at how much time defense is taking - it was like 38 minutes 40 waves arbitration defense for 2 people without nukers (speed nova + gara).

Before that, few months ago, it was about 120 waves T4 orokin defense, first 80 waves took about 50-60 minutes, last 40 waves took about 50-60 minutes too (but we didn't realy try to make a fastest defense setup. we had like speed nova + mag + gara + equinox or something like that).

It seems like there's an issue for all / multiple acts this week sometimes not giving standing. 

I did Index and it's showing up as not completed. I believe I did keep the standing though, so maybe just visual.

I did 3 waves sanctuary onslaught and that did not give standing once the mission ended. 

I've seen complaints about both fishing and defense.

1 minute ago, (NSW)ohgodzilla said:

It seems like there's an issue for all / multiple acts this week sometimes not giving standing. 

I did Index and it's showing up as not completed. I believe I did keep the standing though, so maybe just visual.

I did 3 waves sanctuary onslaught and that did not give standing once the mission ended. 

I've seen complaints about both fishing and defense.

Didn't check if you got the standing after SO but I also didn't get the index one checked off despite the popup saying it was completed.

6 hours ago, Shiroi-Tsuki said:

Also @[DE]Drew, I've been seeing people saying that the Day Trader challenge is bugged, as well. I believe they'll get a message from Nora saying they completed it during the mission itself, but it will still show as uncompleted on the main Nightwave challenge menu. That one might need the ol' swapsies as well.

Having the same issues as well. I'm glad it's not just me.

Xc9j5oz.jpg

XwwtAFN.jpg

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

Greetings, Tenno! 

The Nightwave Elite Weekly that required 40 waves of Defense has been swapped with ‘Kill 100 Eximus’ after we received bug reports of the 40 waves not counting in Orokin Derelict Defense.

If you experienced this bug while trying to complete the Defense weekly, we're sorry for the serious frustration this caused. We’ve reviewed other challenges as well to help prevent something like this from happening again. We appreciate your patience as we work to iron out any bugs, issues, and inconsistencies in the Nightwave system. We’re also actively reviewing feedback to improve Nightwave overall; please add your feedback here:

*sigh of relief*

My moa hacked everything last mission, then I saw this Nightwave rep change. A parade of moas and bursas couldn't possibly damage a brain, could it? Glad to see this post before I made a bug report -- or took a trip to the padded hospital.  

However, it sucks that players who completed this task without trouble are reporting they (believe) lost rep after this switch. If anyone can prove this with a screenshot or two, please post it in this thread.

hace 1 hora, IceBen dijo:

Index is just a visual bug, if you did it, you have the standing.

Also, I got the points for the eximus, so I'm not that mad, but it took 20 more minutes 😞

I came here for the same thing , is already a visual bug? i didnt noticed how many points had before the mission

@[DE]Drew can you please help clarify a few questions?   It seems like we're still pretty left in the dark and there is a lot of speculation running about here.

1. For those of us who completed the 40 wave defense, and got credit, did we lose the standing and now have to redo the Eximus challenge to get that standing back?
  2. Is the Index bug really visual or not?  Like others here, my team completed it, and saw the confirmation popup that said we completed it, but it never registered.  I was not sure how many points I had before completing the challenge, so I can't really tell if it was visual or not.

Thank you very much and hope to hear from you soon.

I've still got the rare fishes from plains -one and 3 wages in index although I've already completed them and everything seemed fine until checking nightwave later. Can you give feedback on that issue if it's a bug we can ignore and the standing have been given or how we have to react to them?

@[DE]Drew it seems the index one day trader is also bugged and has been reported multiples times by différent person on the pc bugs sub forums . Will this get fixed ? Or will this get switched too ?

It also seems people are now having issues with the New eximus challenge not giving standing  . Thanks for letting us know about this 

Archived