Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NIGHTWAVE is a failure

Ax10mCRO

Just now, Ver1dian said:

Oh don't worry, they'll go away the second the next thing drops.

There's a good portion of people who find purpose in complaining, so every time something new comes out, they sharpen their knives, put on the rose tinted goggles and start bashing the new and praising the old.

For reference - every single new thing released. Ever.

Or, maybe every things has some flaw and there is always someone who complain about it?

I'm not sure if they are "same person" all the time.

1 "We are forced into missions with "friends or clanmates"  mmm----open chat---->type "hey, can someone add me as a friend for the mission?"--->"sure mate"---> profit. it's not the end of the world....

2 yes, some missions aren't avaiable for some people, because there is a grind-wall to climb, it can be annoying,i agree with you, but you can avoid that mission, because if you complete the 60% of the total missions, you still canreach rank 30.

3 "And now we got syndicate missions RUINED" dude, syndicate missions have always been like this... since the beginning we had people rushing  through the mission, if this  bores you so much, go solo or with some friend..(welp, ithink you don't have friends since you're complaing about doing missions with friends)

this is the 4th week of nightwave right? the ONLY bug that i discovered, was the one about the index, were it was displayed "mission not completed" even though you finished it, it was just an UI bug.

"nightwave is a failure",..i disagree, now some you have a good reason to do certain "forgotten" mission, there is a purpose in going back into warfraem and do differnt thing in different ways, the rewards are good and worthy, do nightwaves needs tweaks, sure, are the nightwaves a completely failure, absolutely not

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

@Marvelous_Abe sure to grab the Hek, marelok and karak skins, they aren't in the market. 

They also color nicely 😀

Thanks for the advice, although I'm not exactly a fan of Grineer weapons.

I just wonder when are they going to put Hildryn helmet in stock.

Edited by Marvelous_A

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

By reliable you mean slow right? 75 creds for single potato? And 50 creds every week? I think to 30 tiers you get a Catalyst like...once only if you're not going to redeem for it.

But if you redeem it, then what about the Nitains? Vauban? Weapon blueprints? 

Wow such a long way to go for you. Good I've got all these before Nightwave even dropped.

And again you ignore the prestige system the devs mentioned multiple times. Vauban parts, nitain, and weapon bps are not expensive in the system. Hell, nitain gives you 5 of them per purchase. At 15 creds a pack, your'e only 5 away from crafting Vauban prime if you reached the first cred tier. Want the last 5? Wait a bit to get the next cred tier for a reliable way or hope you're blessed by rng in sabatoge missions. 

But you do you man, I have all that mastery stuff from alerts as well. I'm after the level rewards and have some credits for auras i missed. Nightwave ain't going anywhere, I just hope next season is a little more refined.

15 hours ago, Agamemnicon said:

Please see my reply to Blackwolfe above.  Your attitude astounds me.  If you want to rush through easy content for Nightwave requirements, do it by yourself!  If you join a public syndicate game, maybe just maybe the players have the intelligence to think "finding 6-8 medallions will be a lot faster with 3 other players helping me" and will expect or at least hope that you won't rush to extraction.

Agreed on this.

I'd get it if they'd pop into a sundicate pug to rush it for nightwave if pugs made it go quicker in the first place, but that just isnt the case. Syndicate missions are as trivial as the game can get and can just be soloed as quickly as puged. However the difference is, if you wanna find medallions as quickly and efficiently as possible, a pug is the way to go.

So the people rushing nightwave syndicate missions in pugs are just selfish imo, because there is zero benefit to it.

Edited by SneakyErvin

As a MR 26 (near 27), I thought Nightwave was cool...at first.

Now, it really feels like I have chores to do in game. I’ve done everything in the game already and a lot of it. Nightwave makes me do things I had already found monotonous. Just yesterday I spent more than 30 minutes looking for the 3rd cache in a sabotage mission with a team of 3. So boring. I’ve been over looking for caches for a long time.

In addition, the way Nightwave is designed leads people wanting to do the stuff quickly and not correctly. They rush through syndicate missions without looking for relics or leave after 3 waves of onslaught when others wanna go for longer.

Nightwave is tedious and I’m not having fun doing things I was already tired of. All I really want is the Umbra Forma but it’s locked behind hours/weeks of mission types I’m tired of. I don’t really need anything else. This just further fatigues me and wonder if other vets feel the same. Well, I know my good buddy (who is the same level as me) feels the same way. That’s at least 1 other vet that’s feeling the same way.

Edited by (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81
Grammar

12 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

Thanks for the advice, although I'm not exactly a fan of Grineer weapons.

I just wonder when are they going to put Hildryn helmet in stock.

Funny thing, I noticed I was missing one of the mirage and banshee helms only because it was showing as "not crafted" in the credit shop. 

Finally Finished my cosmetic collection (I think and hope) yesterday, it's potatoes all the way now. (already have a hundred nitains) ^-^

I expect her helm to be available with the next season (expecting it in the next few weeks would be too optimistic) 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

3 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

Or, maybe every things has some flaw and there is always someone who complain about it?

I'm not sure if they are "same person" all the time.

Complaining (especially on topics related to video games) only exemplifies one's "emotional maturity".

Sure everything has a flaw. For that you have constructive feedback and this is not what this thread is full of.

When the two biggest topics are FOMO and rewards, it would be nice to actually evaluate the situation, rather than complain baselessly.

FOMO - It's confirmed that nothing will be exclusive. It's clear how it's going to go, those who gave more effort will have their fun for a while and then the thing will be available to all. So what is the actual issue? Using as an excuse the requirement to play regularly and to have reached certain milestones is not appropriate for an MMO, much less a shooter looter MMO.

Rewards - It is a fact that the rewards require more effort to earn. But there's a trade off for that - they are more reliable to acquire and their overall quality has improved.
Would it be better if they were just as easy to get? Sure. But this is an unreasonable thing to ask in a F2P game, where such balance is crucial.

Although we all want to collect everything, it may not be a bad idea to look back for a second and consider, of all the rewards of the alerts, which held any true value. The items of significance were actually very few.

The quick play option for new players is also still there, but invasions seem to be forgotten by older players. Also, those give more potatoes overall than alerts (bar GOTL) did.

Lastly this is general. Nothing is viewed as feedback unfortunately.

Not a failure, very cool feature, some quest might not be perfect or to high level for noobs but more than 90 % of it is doable for everyone Wich is ok because u only need to do 60% of it to get all the rewards, so very fair, u can play in solo for missions or in group for help, stop complaining about petty stuff, it would be different if u needed to complete 100% of it to get all rewards but u don't. It's very doable so not failing at all. 

Edited by (PS4)MOGREASE

4 minutes ago, (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81 said:

As a MR 26 (near 27), I thought Nightwave was cool...at first. Now, it really feels like I have chores to do in game. I’ve done everything in the game already and a lot of it. Nightwave makes me do things I had already found monotonous. Just yesterday I spent more than 30 minutes looking for the 3rd cache in a sabotage mission with a team of 3. So boring. I’ve been over looking for caches for a long time. Also, the way Nightwave is designed leads people wanting to do the stuff quickly and not correctly. They rush through syndicate missions without looking for relics or leave after 3 waves of onslaught when others wanna go for longer. It’s tedious and I’m not having fun doing thing I was already tired of.

Yes, most of the challenges can be boring. But I think DE is still ironing them out. Personally I like it so far, but I hate to log in everyday just for those challenges. It seems like I'm contradicting myself, right? Well I like the idea of getting the whole week's challenges behind my back on the firsy two days. And for the dailies, since they're quick and easy, I just get them done along with my other main goals. Also, if I'm burned out I can just not do anything for 3 days and still not risk losing any challenges. I can just play other games or take care of my needs irl.

I did the cache ones. Failed the first try. Managed the second time and only then I found out I misread. It was not "find 3 caches in a single sabotage", but "but find all 3 caches in 3 different sabotage runs". Oh god I was baffled. But still done easily. And I know that if I fail so e challenges no biggie, I'll still max it out.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81 said:

As a MR 26 (near 27), I thought Nightwave was cool...at first. Now, it really feels like I have chores to do in game. I’ve done everything in the game already and a lot of it. Nightwave makes me do things I had already found monotonous. Just yesterday I spent more than 30 minutes looking for the 3rd cache in a sabotage mission with a team of 3. So boring. I’ve been over looking for caches for a long time. Also, the way Nightwave is designed leads people wanting to do the stuff quickly and not correctly. They rush through syndicate missions without looking for relics or leave after 3 waves of onslaught when others wanna go for longer. It’s tedious and I’m not having fun doing things I was already tired of.

I'm mastery 23i know what u mean by chore but it's giving u rewards worth the chore plus u don't have to do it if u don't want, plus u only need to do 60% of everything to get all rewards so u don't need to do things u hate, it's still a win, if u doing the chore it means reeward is worth it and it means at least DE is looking in right direction of end gamers or long time dedicated players, 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)MOGREASE said:

I'm mastery 23i know what u mean by chore but it's giving u rewards worth the chore plus u don't have to do it if u don't want, plus u only need to do 60% of everything to get all rewards so u don't need to do things u hate, it's still a win, if u doing the chore it means reeward is worth it and it means at least DE is looking in right direction of end gamers or long time dedicated players, 

I feel ya but not all of the rewards are that great to me at my level. I have decent rivens. I’ve mastered all items besides daily login locked ones. I have the wep/frame builds I want. I have 2 r3 energizes. So...why do I need Kuva, Forma, energize, etc.? I just want the Umbra Forma but it’s locked behind hours of tedious missions that I lost interest in a long time ago.

60% still feels like a lot as I’m still not at the Umbra Forma yet doing all the Nightwaves thus far.

Grammar

1 minute ago, Catastor said:

i dont understand why people never think critically about what DE keep feeding them ? 

go to any hotfix or update page and the first comments you will see there is ''thank you DE'' you're Amazing DE, Rebecca waifu for life, and all the feedback get buried under that crap.

why DE are refusing to do this ? give us our alert back  ! okay we admit nightwave is totally making you play the game and its the best thing that happens to warframe ever and its flawless and all that crap, so it should be easy for you to bring the alert back system beside it right ?, its not that complicated, most people who love nighwave will still use night wave and people who want to get they're auras from alert will have the option too = everyone happy.

Why? Because most players have already mentioned they prefer the new system, apart from some tweaks like the wolf creds rate.

And players are critical about DE. There's lots of threads about mess ups that DE made and the entire playerbase imploded on them. Players don't need to complain about what they like. Remember Hema, Gradivus, Tower White Pigment, Rahetalius, etc? And many more? They're not perfect but I'm not going to bash them in stuff I agree with them on.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Why? Because most players have already mentioned they prefer the new system, apart from some tweaks like the wolf creds rate.

And players are critical about DE. There's lots of threads about mess ups that DE made and the entire playerbase imploded on them. Players don't need to complain about what they like. Remember Hema, Gradivus, Tower White Pigment, Rahetalius, etc? And many more? They're not perfect but I'm not going to bash them in stuff I agree with them on.

Amen to that brother! 

8 minutes ago, (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81 said:

I feel ya but not all of the rewards are that great to me at my level. I have decent rivens. I’ve mastered all items besides daily login locked ones. I have the wep/frame builds I want. I have 2 r3 energizes. So...why do I need Kuva, Forma, energize, etc.? I just want the Umbra Forma but it’s locked behind hours of tedious missions that I lost interest in a long time ago.

60% still feels like a lot as I’m still not at the Umbra Forma yet doing all the Nightwaves thus far.

If your mastery 26 or  whatever all the night wave stuff is doable very quickly, nothing really took me that long to do, just don't play if it's boring why u doing chore S#&$ for not good rewards like what are u missing out on, night wave replaced alerts, freaking alerts, if u think alert rewards we're any good when your mastery 10 plus then I don't know what to tell u, but at least u can get an umbra forma on night wave and don't play if u don't want to, I didn't play alerts cuz it was worthless, if night wave is useless to u don't play, but if u playing it you can think it's boring all u want but u still doing it why u complaining, u still get the umbra forma it's a freaking farming game since 6 years ago duh monotonous chores 

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

Yes, most of the challenges can be boring. But I think DE is still ironing them out. Personally I like it so far, but I hate to log in everyday just for those challenges. It seems like I'm contradicting myself, right? Well I like the idea of getting the whole week's challenges behind my back on the firsy two days. And for the dailies, since they're quick and easy, I just get them done along with my other main goals. Also, if I'm burned out I can just not do anything for 3 days and still not risk losing any challenges. I can just play other games or take care of my needs irl.

I did the cache ones. Failed the first try. Managed the second time and only then I found out I misread. It was not "find 3 caches in a single sabotage", but "but find all 3 caches in 3 different sabotage runs". Oh god I was baffled. But still done easily. And I know that if I fail so e challenges no biggie, I'll still max it out.

Yup, I don’t like that feeling of HAVING to log in either. I want to WANT to login to do the things I enjoy on Warframe. Yes, that list of things is getting smaller and smaller only because I’m a vet and have done them to death.

Let’s be real, to be MR26/27 you have to have a somewhat addictive personality when it comes to games. One cannot simply leave Nightwaves only 60% complete. 

Grammar

8 minutes ago, (PS4)MOGREASE said:

If your mastery 26 or  whatever all the night wave stuff is doable very quickly, nothing really took me that long to do, just don't play if it's boring why u doing chore S#&$ for not good rewards like what are u missing out on, night wave replaced alerts, freaking alerts, if u think alert rewards we're any good when your mastery 10 plus then I don't know what to tell u, but at least u can get an umbra forma on night wave and don't play if u don't want to, I didn't play alerts cuz it was worthless, if night wave is useless to u don't play, but if u playing it you can think it's boring all u want but u still doing it why u complaining, u still get the umbra forma it's a freaking farming game since 6 years ago duh monotonous chores 

I just really want the Umbra Forma. That’s it. All else is pretty much useless. So to lock Umbra Forma behind hours n hours of stuff I thought I had put behind me...is a chore. I’ll do it for the Forma but I’m not gonna sit and pretend that I’m having fun doing it. That’s all I’m saying.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81 said:

Yup, I don’t like that feeling of HAVING to log in either. I want to WANT to login to do the things I enjoy on Warframe. Yes, that list of things is getting smaller and smaller only because I’m a vet and have done them to death.

Let’s be real, to be MR26/27 you have to have a somewhat addictive personality when it comes to games. One cannot simply leave Nightwaves 60% incomplete. 

I don't have an addiction you have an addiction! *drinks deep fried whiskey while sniffing flour and rolling in catnip infused gravy and chews tapioca*

B..b.. but auras 😭

Nevermind the weapons slots, the warframe slot, the 40,000 kuva, the noggle, the forma, the kinda fun weapon mods, the emotes, the cosmetics, the arcane, and everything else the game has been chucking at me as I complete these challenges.

Nope. It sucks because there is no longer a chance that I might be able to get corrosive projection tomorrow 😞

5 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

B..b.. but auras 😭

Nevermind the weapons slots, the warframe slot, the 40,000 kuva, the noggle, the forma, the kinda fun weapon mods, the emotes, the cosmetics, the arcane, and everything else the game has been chucking at me as I complete these challenges.

Nope. It sucks because there is no longer a chance that I might be able to get corrosive projection tomorrow 😞

Oh no! A CP user, burn it with water! 

1 hour ago, (PS4)TX_CHAINSAW_81 said:

Let’s be real, to be MR26/27 you have to have a somewhat addictive personality when it comes to games. One cannot simply leave Nightwaves only 60% complete. 

On that we agree a lot lmao. I've already accepted that Warframe is my main game and that I might as well get everything ever since I hit MR15. Also saves my wallet a lot, since other games can wait. And I do have a waiting list of games that I purchased but that I play very slowly when I'm taking breaks from Warframe. Finished God of War last week. Now on The Forest. Next is likely Assassin's Creed: Odyssey and meanwhile new games might get added to that list. Truly a wonderful system for me. 😄

Due to Nightwave I have:

Finally built a dagger Zaw.

Did my first tri cap.

Began farming plants again post Silver Grove quest.

Began farming SU standing as I guessed Profit Taker was coming.

Etc, etc. Imo it's reaching its intended goal of pushing me to do things I may have overlooked and giving me something to do everyday again. For me it's a success.

• Like 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Zilchy:

You're right you do. That's where you and many other experienced clan members come in, helping younger clan members get to grips with the game. Or they could just google such things. Both work. Pretty sure many clan members also have aura mods to give away to newer members, I know I have.

tbh? No I dont have much Auras left. I already gifted many away and as I were thinkin of restocking, suddenly Nightwave came. So the stock will be decreasing and I doub many vets will pay their wolfcreds on Auras now. Which will reducing the amount for new players bit by bit. It could take years, but also some months.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Mono-Pop:

Not the worst, but a poor new player experience yes.

As a new player, if you wanted Nitain extract or auras you had to check the alert tab every hour. It could be weeks before the aura you even wanted showed up. 

Now, you have a clearly defined path to obtaining them. Even if you refuse nightwave and hate it and don’t participate in any of the challenges, you will still earn night wave standing from playing the game.

Nightwave makes it easier for new players to get nitain and auras, because the path isn’t gated behind RNG. It’s a clearly defined set of challenges you can do, sometimes without even knowing you’re doing them.

The only reason it’s difficult for new players is because they read sensationalised crap on the forums and think they need to be angry about it.

The only reason to be mad about this is because you want to.

The only thing we’ve lost is hourly alerts for 80 endo.

Also, I really don’t care what your MR is.

As my GF started playing she got very easy around 2 Nitain every day some days even 3. Sure she got carried by me to some nodes to get it, but there was no real hardship behind it. Even some Auras. Yeah it was way more RNG but I happend more passivly while she could do her nodes, playing her quests and in an amount she liked. Now shes playing more like, "I need to, need the things which were in alerts." She is, like many players, a completionist. But what Auras you can buy is still rng based. Last and this week mostly useless scavenger mods. No CP, no SD (Ok thanks to DE nerfs the SD isnt this good anymore but would be still make the enhancend shield sorties more easy, especially for newer players)

tl dr

Its not easier. Credits are more limited than the alerts were, there is still a big portion of rng in it (I had days with 30 Mission without one fugi).

Plus I could say it like you
The only reason not to favor the old alerts is cause you want to.
I heard it from many different sides, as NW dropped it came "where tf are the alerts?"
Now a few weeks in it "NW is boring" "I dont understand why NW came in the first place" and tbh I hear more people thinking NW is a bad thing, than a good thing. The only people defending NW I find are here in the forums. But ingame. Guys like you are the minority.