Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fighting the Wolf... Operation extreme boredom.

TheUHF

That's half an hour I won't ever get back.  So what's the point?  (Please DE tell me what the point of leaning on my Left Mouse Button for half an hour is. That is a reasonable question that deserves an answer.)  Its so annoying, and many casual groups can't handle him.  At least this time he got stuck in a corner so we spent 25 minutes standing still and shooting him.  "Drooling on my keyboard", is not a compliment.

Fighting this guy is unexciting, bad, not fun, and a total waste of time.   I'm complaining since I don't have a choice in this matter.  (For instance.. I don't like defection... I avoid those missions. Therefore they do not make me unhappy, and are tolerable when I have to do them.)

Essentially he is hijacking the game, and now at all times I must decide;

A) bail on mission when he shows up,

B) use warframes\weapon loadouts to kill him, even if he isn't the mission,

C) Not play till this is over.

D) Maybe let other people deal with him while I play with my Kavat?

3F288D6640C296C816A49C7E2F1DCC8B4D174B10

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheUHF said:

That's half an hour I won't ever get back.  So what's the point?  (Please DE tell me what the point of leaning on my Left Mouse Button for half an hour is. That is a reasonable question that deserves an answer.)  Its so annoying, and many casual groups can't handle him.  At least this time he got stuck in a corner so we spent 25 minutes standing still and shooting him.  "Drooling on my keyboard", is not a compliment.

Fighting this guy is unexciting, bad, not fun, and a total waste of time.   I'm complaining since I don't have a choice in this matter.  (For instance.. I don't like defection... I avoid those missions. Therefore they do not make me unhappy, and are tolerable when I have to do them.)

Essentially he is hijacking the game, and now at all times I must decide;

A) bail on mission when he shows up,

B) use warframes\weapon loadouts to kill him, even if he isn't the mission,

C) Not play till this is over.

D) Maybe let other people deal with him while I play with my Kavat?

3F288D6640C296C816A49C7E2F1DCC8B4D174B10

You're better off defeating him, if you can.  If you're under a timer (aka nightmare mode), you can avoid him.

He mostly drops a trash mod, though I was able to get a rare event mod and the handle piece to his sledge. 

Make sure to scan him for your codex! 

2 hours ago, TheUHF said:

(Please DE tell me what the point of leaning on my Left Mouse Button for half an hour is. That is a reasonable question that deserves an answer.) 

you won't get answers form DE here, they don't read General Discussion.

honestly, Wolf isn't that bad, there's a few things you can do to beat him easier, like carrying at least one powerful gun on missions. 7 encounters in and I still only have 1 hammer part..

I'm kinda just running kuva/relics/leveling. I've played around 50 missions and seen him three times. First time we killed him he dropped a mod and nothing else. Other 2 times i was leveling weapons and as you stated our host got bored and just left and reset his health and everyone else just gave up. Nightwave itself is fine, the challenges are doable and the progression is rewarding. What's not rewarding is locking MR behind a dude that will rarely spawn (seen stalker and G3 a combined 10 times yesterday within those 50 missions) and when he does the weapon drops are fairly low. It's another money sink just like the Hildryn release.

5 hours ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Or you can just ignore the wolf and carry on with the mission?

Because a boss where "just ignore it" is the most effective tactic is clearly well designed, right?

Plus , this doesn't exactly work if he shows up during a mission type where you can't simply move on and leave him behind.

5 hours ago, nslay said:

Or you can just play Revenant for the rest of Nightwave just to be safe. No weapons needed to kill Wolf.

4 hours ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

Or you can just run low lvl missions to get him low lvl too

This is the main problem with any of these random spawn bosses, not just the Wolf. Having no control over when they show up means you can't properly prepare for them. Or really, you have to play in such a way that you are always prepared for them, no matter what. Always bring at least one powerful weapon, just in case. Only play low level missions to ensure a weak spawn. Etc. But that is just plain dumb, and you shouldn't have to limit how you play the entire game just because of a super rare random occurrence. Especially during an event as long as Nightwave. Do you really think anyone wants to be forced to play nothing but low level missions for 10+ weeks, just because of a random boss spawn?

So more realistically, you'll just end up playing like you always do, and simply hope that the rare spawn happens to coincide with the rare time you are actually properly equipped to deal with it. And here I thought that Nightwave was supposed to be fixing the RNG problems that alerts had, not making whole new ones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

Because a boss where "just ignore it" is the most effective tactic is clearly well designed, right?

Plus , this doesn't exactly work if he shows up during a mission type where you can't simply move on and leave him behind.

This is the main problem with any of these random spawn bosses, not just the Wolf. Having no control over when they show up means you can't properly prepare for them. Or really, you have to play in such a way that you are always prepared for them, no matter what. Always bring at least one powerful weapon, just in case. Only play low level missions to ensure a weak spawn. Etc. But that is just plain dumb, and you shouldn't have to limit how you play the entire game just because of a super rare random occurrence. Especially during an event as long as Nightwave. Do you really think anyone wants to be forced to play nothing but low level missions for 10+ weeks, just because of a random boss spawn?

So more realistically, you'll just end up playing like you always do, and simply hope that the rare spawn happens to coincide with the rare time you are actually properly equipped to deal with it. And here I thought that Nightwave was supposed to be fixing the RNG problems that alerts had, not making whole new ones.

Yeah, it's an awful suggestion. But Revenant's Reave does a % of target's max health in damage. You at least get to carry whatever weapons you want and play any level you want (I took out level 80 Wolf with Reave, no problem)... you just have to play Revenant.

30 minutes ago, Shoryuu said:

I've only encountered him twice during extractions and never even got a chance to properly fight him e_e DE needs to fix this so he doesn't spawn when the group is extracting from the mission DX 

Personally I think that all invasions, not just the Wolf, should work a bit differently.  Basically, there should be an invisible entity that starts at extraction, and slowly makes its way to the target player.  Once it reaches the same room as the target player, the invasion is triggered.  A 5 minute failsafe timer will still exist in the event of pathing errors, defense missions, or other events that cause something to go wrong.  This would hopefully put a stop to things trying to invade at extraction.