Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Awful, Whiny Suggestions Vol1

Shadowh4nd

You read the title.

• Companions (sentinels and pets) no longer die upon taking fatal damage and/or not being revived. Instead, they lose the ability to target or become targeted for the remainder of the mission. All offensive abilities no longer function.

Reasons why I want this:

• Vacuum

Edited by Shadowh4nd
  • Like 4

Then it should happen the same with sentinels. I use my carrier prime just for opening crates and vacuum... to have it permanently would kill the purpose of having regeneration prime and that kind of things. 

Companions == sentinels in this case. I mean all.

5 minutes ago, BLI7Z said:

to have it permanently would kill the purpose of having regeneration prime

Loss of a small amount of damage and functionality like sharpened claws, status, etc. 

9 minutes ago, Xaxma said:

Keep your pet alive better then. 

Literally not an option for sentinels. There's no way to revive them if they go down, healing options are limited, and even if they don't attack and aren't targeted by enemy fire, explosives or stray shots still chew through them pretty fast at higher levels.

imo, a better solution would be a gear item that revives your sentinel. In the case of non-sentinels, you have a lot of time to get to and revive them, so it isn't a substantial issue there imo. But, for sentinels, it's a very big problem.

As an addition to the above suggestion, limit the number you can have in your inventory to 50 or something like that, crafting 10 per 24h or some such, so crafting becomes an economy rather than a chore. Alternatively, limit the number you can have in your active inventory, with some way of upgrading the limit. Alternatively, a cooldown on use so it can't be spammed.

Edited by NezuHimeSama

vor 44 Minuten schrieb BLI7Z:

Then it should happen the same with sentinels. I use my carrier prime just for opening crates and vacuum... to have it permanently would kill the purpose of having regeneration prime and that kind of things. 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb NezuHimeSama:

Literally not an option for sentinels. There's no way to revive them if they go down, healing options are limited, and even if they don't attack and aren't targeted by enemy fire, explosives or stray shots still chew through them pretty fast at higher levels.

imo, a better solution would be a gear item that revives your sentinel. In the case of non-sentinels, you have a lot of time to get to and revive them, so it isn't a substantial issue there imo. But, for sentinels, it's a very big problem.

As an addition to the above suggestion, limit the number you can have in your inventory to 50 or something like that, crafting 10 per 24h or some such, so crafting becomes an economy rather than a chore. Alternatively, limit the number you can have in your active inventory, with some way of upgrading the limit. Alternatively, a cooldown on use so it can't be spammed.

Best solution, they should just change regeneration on a cooldown, so it revives itself after liek 1-5 minutes or so.

Considering regeneration often still bugs and not revives at all aswell, it needs a desperate rework.

1 hour ago, NezuHimeSama said:

There's actually a mod for that for Djinn. Always revives after 1.5 minutes. Primed version of that for every sentinel could work too

The "whiny" part about this thread is that I don't want it to be MORE work. In higher levels, they just disintegrate. It's a lackluster mechanic, at best, and I don't want more gear or different mods to manage bringing them back. It would be nice to just keep the vacuum functionality long after their damage potential doesn't matter anyway.

I would also like to see a way to STOP a companion from attacking, the way you can do with sentinels (by removing their weapon).  I don't want my sahasa kubrow attacking ANYTHING at ANY time.  Their purpose when I'm using them is to be my energy mutt while I'm on Ivara...digging up energy to maintain my prowl.

2 hours ago, Xaxma said:

Keep your pet alive better then. 

How? The entire problem with AI companions is that they go off on their own, and there is little the player can do to prevent them from dying at random. Perhaps in the case of Sentinels, it helps to move out of the great big balls of static fire, but otherwise, whether or not your companion dies really is out of the player's control. This is why I personally agree with the OP that companions shouldn't take damage at all: the entire concept of the health bar on players and player-allied NPCs itself generally serves to punish the player for making mistakes, but then if this health is lost without the player making any real mistakes... why punish them?

• Like 1

While we're talking about it, would be REALLY nice if Nezha could use his 3 to target his OWN HECCKKKKING SETINEL while he has Safeguard equipped. It's incredibly frustrating to realize that, because of a quirk in the camera, you will never be able to center you camera on your Setinel unless you get very, very lucky and they get stuck on something. 

On 2019-04-07 at 6:32 PM, Cerlinad said:

I would also like to see a way to STOP a companion from attacking, the way you can do with sentinels (by removing their weapon).  I don't want my sahasa kubrow attacking ANYTHING at ANY time.  Their purpose when I'm using them is to be my energy mutt while I'm on Ivara...digging up energy to maintain my prowl.

New Companion Mod: Leash
(Any Non-Sentinel pet)

Keeps your Companion within 5 meters of you and prevents them from taking aggressive action.

Less Likely Mod:
Cloaking Leash
Same as above, plus pet is no longer targeted by enemies for any reason - also, Spy vault sensors and units no longer detect them.

6 hours ago, Draxiss314 said:

While we're talking about it, would be REALLY nice if Nezha could use his 3 to target his OWN HECCKKKKING SETINEL while he has Safeguard equipped. It's incredibly frustrating to realize that, because of a quirk in the camera, you will never be able to center you camera on your Setinel unless you get very, very lucky and they get stuck on something. 

you can actually do that you just need to move your character at the same time so that your sentinel falls behind a bit so you can get your crosshair on it, heres a clip of how to do it, seems a little clunky at first but it becomes second nature quite quickly if you run safeguard a lot.

On 2019-04-08 at 1:12 AM, Marine027 said:

Best solution, they should just change regeneration on a cooldown, so it revives itself after liek 1-5 minutes or so.

That's been my suggestion, as well. Make Sentinels auto-respawn after 5 mininutes, with Regen mods reducing the timer. Say regular Regen brings it down to 3, Prime Regen down to 1, at max rank. Or just make Sentinels drop to the ground and become revivable like Beasts and Moas. Or let Sentinels use Link mods like Moas. Or some combination of the above.

• Like 1

I have talked about it before and feel that mods should be changed slightly. Give all Sentinels a revive time like Khora's Venari, with a base of say, 150 seconds.

Regen allows you to knock off 10 seconds per level and gives 1 sec of invulnerability per level for a total of - 60 seconds and 6 seconds invulnerable upon regeneration, giving the sentinel a regen time of 90 seconds.

Primed Regen allows the sentinel to regenerate in 40 seconds and gives 11 seconds invulnerability on regeneration.

Then Djinn's Reawaken just be altered to give it the current effect of Regen - the sentinel comes back instantly. It will have 1 charge per regen, so your Djinn gets 2 lives per regen cycle.

The timings can be altered as needed for balance. This isn't even hard given Reawaken is a thing.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, LordPantaloonsthe3rd said:

you can actually do that you just need to move your character at the same time so that your sentinel falls behind a bit so you can get your crosshair on it, heres a clip of how to do it, seems a little clunky at first but it becomes second nature quite quickly if you run safeguard a lot.

What

What

How

How

Hun-how?!

Considering how much I use Nezha, and that I never discovered this, I'd still say it's something that needs to be addressed. Like, if we press our three again and there's no other valid targets, just let it shield our Setinel. It's not that hard. 

7 hours ago, Draxiss314 said:

Considering how much I use Nezha, and that I never discovered this, I'd still say it's something that needs to be addressed. Like, if we press our three again and there's no other valid targets, just let it shield our Setinel. It's not that hard. 

I only found out about it because once I saw a post somewhere showing that you could cast another frames ability on your sentinel