Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Amalgam Wolf is 99.999% unkillable.

AlexanderDMoon

Just now, Zilchy said:

Did you consider moving away from the molotovs? They hurt, avoid them. Those fugitives move really slow, just go around a corner and Wolf will do his dash to get to you so you can deal with him without his very annoying sidekicks. Then once he's dead you can shoot those pests, it feels really good lol. Not sure what archgun you like to use but larkspur ruined his day quite nicely.

My Mag was level 5... The molotovs downed her in half a second flat, dual decurions is what I love to use.

You seem to think he only shows up when you're ready for him, guess what he doesn't.

Again, the solution seems to be "use specific weapons/frames" that is a horrible solution in a games that's all about playing what you want.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

My Mag was level 5... The molotovs downed her in half a second flat, dual decurions is what I love to use.

You seem to think he only shows up when you're ready for him, guess what he doesn't.

Again, the solution seems to be "use specific weapons/frames" that is a horrible solution in a games that's all about playing what you want.

Well anytime you're levelling a frame you'd want to be equipping every EHP mod you can, that's a given. No idea what mission it was for you but yeh, most missions you can get away in operator form pretty quick. Again stalker was really no different, that immunity he had after a certain amount of damage amounted to the same thing and nobody complained. The only time he downed me when I was unprepared was an Ivara with a bleeding dragon key to do a riven. Other than that, prepared or not he can be dealt with, it's really not a big ask to slightly modify your loadout to deal with eventualities, many games ask this of you not just warframe. If you choose not to, that's your issue to deal with and hey, play however you like but it's not the game's fault that you're unprepared.

Just now, Zilchy said:

Well anytime you're levelling a frame you'd want to be equipping every EHP mod you can, that's a given. No idea what mission it was for you but yeh, most missions you can get away in operator form pretty quick. Again stalker was really no different, that immunity he had after a certain amount of damage amounted to the same thing and nobody complained. The only time he downed me when I was unprepared was an Ivara with a bleeding dragon key to do a riven. Other than that, prepared or not he can be dealt with, it's really not a big ask to slightly modify your loadout to deal with eventualities, many games ask this of you not just warframe. If you choose not to, that's your issue to deal with and hey, play however you like but it's not the game's fault that you're unprepared.

It was Hydron, Sentient Wolf's convicts were level 70, my guess is so was he, it was a wipe.

Also don't compare him to the Stalker please, the Stalker is a threat only if you make a mistake and if you do he doesn't prevent the mission for continuing, he downs his target once and then leaves, he can be killed with low level weapons and your operator's amp if push comes to shove.

Wolf has leagues more health, specific damage reduction you may not be equipped for, invincible mobs with him and stays for a long period of time, I can take out the stalker no problem solo on a frame I'm leveling not so with Wolf, they are nothing alike...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

Pretty well put Drivrius! I would agree that his current design isn't really well put together for a game like Warframe. Immune to all abilities, sorta invalidates those name dropped warframes aside for health and weapon carriers; immune to status so that invalidates those weapons doing status builds to strip his armor or confuse him for example; sports high innate resistance, life, and armor while being able to one-shot many non-tanky warframes due to the recent 'lowered durability and increased damage' patches and carries around three fugitives with him that are immortal and decently damaging until the Wolf himself is taken out allowing them to be beaten and captured for their Nightwave rep. It breaks many fundamentals of the game's design while pushing the player into using only a few particular builds if they want to be effective.

Want to lower that durability? You have three ways of doing it, Shattering Impact, a mod for melee weapons that can do impact; Sundering Dash, a Focus node that modifies Tenno Void dash to strip enemy armor, and using a Kavat pet with Sharpened Claws, which if you can keep it alive - likely through using something like Inaros with high base durability and life restoring mods to keep the Kavat topped up, the Kavat will remove a bit of enemy armor per swipe. I feel too much of the Wolf and honestly many recent 'challenge' enemies were made to try to give players that have it all some kind of resistance while not really having any reason for breaking how and why the game works to do it. Don't worry about folk just trying to say 'its too easy' or 'get gud' as they say; these folk aren't really thinking about why the enemy works or doesn't work and are just going with what they have been told works, and in their world, if you aren't playing the 'meta' that the bandwagon agrees on, you aren't a player worth considering - and that should tell you everything you need to know about where they are coming from.

2 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

It was Hydron, Sentient Wolf's convicts were level 70, my guess is so was he, it was a wipe.

Also don't compare him to the Stalker please, the Stalker is a threat only if you make a mistake and if you do he doesn't prevent the mission for continuing, he downs his target once and then leaves, he can be killed with low level weapons and your operator's amp if push comes to shove.

Wolf has leagues more health, specific damage reduction you may not be equipped for, invincible mobs with him and stays for a long period of time, I can take out the stalker no problem solo on a frame I'm leveling not so with Wolf, they are nothing alike...

I guess you never faced the stalker before we had operators huh? Back then you needed to equip at least 2 weapons with different damage types to kill him without real difficulty.

I also have very little sympathy for hydron levelling. It's a given that you should equip EHP mods for levelling a frame there and if he did show up the first thing I'd do is jump to the roof so I can't be hit by molotovs. I ran hydron all of yesterday as an experiment to try get wolf to spawn for me. Most of the people I got grouped with didn't even bring a weapon for killing anything, let alone a good frame. I have no sympathy for players like that getting wiped by an assassin. It's not hard to bring 1 weapon to be able to actually contribute effectively.

1 hour ago, Zilchy said:

I guess you never faced the stalker before we had operators huh? Back then you needed to equip at least 2 weapons with different damage types to kill him without real difficulty.

I also have very little sympathy for hydron levelling. It's a given that you should equip EHP mods for levelling a frame there and if he did show up the first thing I'd do is jump to the roof so I can't be hit by molotovs. I ran hydron all of yesterday as an experiment to try get wolf to spawn for me. Most of the people I got grouped with didn't even bring a weapon for killing anything, let alone a good frame. I have no sympathy for players like that getting wiped by an assassin. It's not hard to bring 1 weapon to be able to actually contribute effectively.

I don't care how the Stalker was, I care about how he is now and he is in no way similar to Wolf.

The Stalker is at worse a speed bump in a mission, Wolf is a ten feet tall, reinforced brick wall, comparing the two is disingenuous at best.

So you have Hydron leveling prejudices? Okay, that's new...

Edit: The molotovs land on the roof and down you anyway, best bet is just to fire while running around, I was on Mirage Prime 268 streng, Hall of Malevolence, Corrosive Pojection with a 100% radiation 4 forma crit Catchmoon/haymaker/splat kitgun with Pax Charge. Took about 7 minutes to defeat with 3 other randoms, kitgun hit for around 10K a pop.

I'll try to see if a Tombfinger/Haymaker/Splat Pax Charge will do better.

Edited by Drivrius
Just ran into him.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

There are plenty of strats on beating him. And every single one has the same flaw.

"They small have the player playing or completed geared for The Wolf but nothing else.

Don't do the defense as frost/limbo/gara. Bring Garuda just in case the planets align & Wolf should happen to spawn.

Don't level your weapons, come geared for Wolf.

If Wolf was a guaranteed spawn or a boss fight node. Then all these strategies would be flawless.

Actually Gara can do almost the same as Garuda but slower, you would need tons of energy and scale up your second ability for maximum damage, yes, is a pain to face the wolf with only a handful of strategies but at least Garuda is one of those cases where you can level up gear with less to worry about, my recommendation only goes as far as power leveling stuff that is not a warframe, being prepared in other missions is another thing but I usually try to cover a lot of damage types with a full arsenal setup.

4 hours ago, Drivrius said:

Fun fact, I was leveling an Opticor Vandal but didn't change to Garuda since it had space for radiation element so I kept Nekros which I was using earlier, nothing happened, maxed out, forma'd again and went to Hydron but I didn't put the elements again and opted for just slapping the mandatory damage mods, guess who appeared and made the host ragequit twice?

On 2019-04-12 at 9:57 PM, Zilchy said:

Really not seeing a problem with this other than new players expecting to be able to beat a rare assassin spawn right off the bat. I never could do that with stalker, he just wrecked me until I progressed further in the game. That's not a bad thing, that's progression.

That would be an ok mentality if he wasn't on a timer. 

3 hours ago, Zilchy said:

well when it cuts your leveling time down in half, it is actually a terrible decision. Why do you expect players to run a weapon/frame for a tiny tiny chance of something spawing? the get gud mentality doesn't work on a random spawn chance boss. 

On 2019-04-12 at 10:30 PM, Zilchy said:

No no, I don't hate new players. I hate ENTITLED new players. I don't see why everybody should be capable of beating all content in the game right after they start playing, in a game designed for long grind. He is not a mission failed, he is 1 rievive gone, that's all. Unless it's a defense mission. 

He spawns rarely, it's not like he's ruining every second mission for them. 

So we should all be prepared with the specific weapons we need to kill him at all times(seriously when else do you run radiation on your weapon?) But he's also not an issue for new players because he spawns rarely?  

20 minutes ago, (PS4)randy_lahey__-- said:

Why do you expect players to run a weapon/frame for a tiny tiny chance of something spawing? the get gud mentality doesn't work on a random spawn chance boss. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)randy_lahey__-- said:

So we should all be prepared with the specific weapons we need to kill him at all times(seriously when else do you run radiation on your weapon?) 

Just responding to these two comments in particular. 

There's no real expectation (at least from me), but if you want to kill the Wolf and get his drops as efficiently as possible, then yeah. Bring the meta required. Otherwise you're just asking for a long drawn out fight, and a lot of frustration. 

When the Wolf started that's exactly what I did. Carried the Wolf meta loadout, and ran around nodes, no life-ing for all I could do. The result? 

xxYf0Io.jpg

Worth it. 

Now whenever I see the Wolf and I'm not prepared, I just leave the mission and hope to find him another day. I still haven't gotten the mask, but ehhh. I'm not hurting for it. 

1 minute ago, sleepychewbacca said:

Just responding to these two comments in particular. 

There's no real expectation (at least from me), but if you want to kill the Wolf and get his drops as efficiently as possible, then yeah. Bring the meta required. Otherwise you're just asking for a long drawn out fight, and a lot of frustration. 

When the Wolf started that's exactly what I did. Carried the Wolf meta loadout, and ran around nodes, no life-ing for all I could do. The result? 

xxYf0Io.jpg

Worth it. 

Now whenever I see the Wolf and I'm not prepared, I just leave the mission and hope to find him another day. I still haven't gotten the mask, but ehhh. I'm not hurting for it. 

I guess that's the difference between you and me I have no interest in the sledge, I'm upset because I've only ever seen him in hydron. I didn't realize there were people like you considering his drop chance, but I don't play that often anymore so I've seen him twice. 

Just now, (PS4)randy_lahey__-- said:

I guess that's the difference between you and me I have no interest in the sledge, I'm upset because I've only ever seen him in hydron. I didn't realize there were people like you considering his drop chance, but I don't play that often anymore so I've seen him twice. 

1) I no life-ed. It hurt, I was incredibly frustrated, but I completed it in the span of a week or so. 
2) You don't have to have an interest in the sledge. It's also about getting rid of him so you can finish your mission/whatever.
3) Honestly, farming/selling jank for plat and buying it from a trader would have been a better and faster use of my time. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)randy_lahey__-- said:

well when it cuts your leveling time down in half, it is actually a terrible decision. Why do you expect players to run a weapon/frame for a tiny tiny chance of something spawing? the get gud mentality doesn't work on a random spawn chance boss. 

Carrying a radiation archgun will not affect their levelling. And do I expect them not to leech? Of course, they should be bringing at least 1 thing that can contribute to the mission. It also won't cut their levelling in half, affinity gains don't work that way.

Edited by Zilchy

44 minutes ago, (PS4)randy_lahey__-- said:

So we should all be prepared with the specific weapons we need to kill him at all times(seriously when else do you run radiation on your weapon?) But he's also not an issue for new players because he spawns rarely?  

I think you'll find that enemies are so weak in this game you could run magnetic even on your gun and they'd still all get 1 shot so the argument of damage type is entirely moot but just to play, radiation has seen viable to run since fortuna, it's decent against corpus unless you run gas.

7 minutes ago, Drivrius said:

Tried Tombfinger/haymaker/splat kitgun with pax seeker a  lot less damage per shot but a lot more damage overall, next I<m gonna try Inaros tank build with a high crit dagger zaw wish me luck.

Catchmoon works quite well. Just make sure it's not a slash based zaw. And if it's an impact zaw, add shattering impact.

Edited by Zilchy

2 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Carrying a radiation archgun will not affect their levelling. And do I expect them not to leech? Of course, they should be bringing at least 1 thing that can contribute to the mission. It also won't cut their levelling in half, affinity gains don't work that way.

I've been playing for over 400 hours last time I checked and I still don't have the ability to use archwing weapons in normal missions. Most players don't even have as much playtime as I do. Franky, your expectations for everyone to bring a precise end game load out to deal with a randomly spawning annoyance are either elitist or disingenuous. 

The truth is for the absolute vast majority of players, the Wolf is a monotonous bullet sponge. Is it good design to create a boss that can invade any mission that is also nearly immune to the weapons of 99% of the game's players?

I most definitely do not think so and I've killed the guy like 15 times. I have fought and killed this guy more times than most players will ever even see him at multiple levels. He is the worst designed enemy I have encountered in a video game in years.

1 minute ago, BeldarTheBrave said:

I've been playing for over 400 hours last time I checked and I still don't have the ability to use archwing weapons in normal missions. Most players don't even have as much playtime as I do. Franky, your expectations for everyone to bring a precise end game load out to deal with a randomly spawning annoyance are either elitist or disingenuous. 

The truth is for the absolute vast majority of players, the Wolf is a monotonous bullet sponge. Is it good design to create a boss that can invade any mission that is also nearly immune to the weapons of 99% of the game's players?

I most definitely do not think so and I've killed the guy like 15 times. I have fought and killed this guy more times than most players will ever even see him at multiple levels. He is the worst designed enemy I have encountered in a video game in years.

Firstly 400 hours isn't much in this game.

However moving on, from the amount of complaints I've seen about Fortuna standing etc I'd be suprised if many people haven't actually done the content there and gotten an archgun, just because you haven't, doesn't mean others haven't.  And that was just 1 suggestion from many on how to easily deal with wolf without disrupting your loadout. It is what it is and DE's decisionto boost him with amalgamation should tell you they're not interested in making him easier to beat. You either carry something to deal with him or you ignore him when he shows up, your choice. Congrats on killing him 15 times, i wish I'd seen him that much. And to reiterate, if you're levelling in Hydron you should at least be bringing a means of contributing to the kills, if you're not you're leeching pure and simple and I have zero sympathy if you get ganked. He's only a bullet sponge if you don't strip his armour, I'm not actually sure if CP works on him but there are still other options and stripping armour is a good gane mechanic for new players to get used to anyway.

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

Firstly 400 hours isn't much in this game.

However moving on, from the amount of complaints I've seen about Fortuna standing etc I'd be suprised if many people haven't actually done the content there and gotten an archgun, just because you haven't, doesn't mean others haven't.  And that was just 1 suggestion from many on how to easily deal with wolf without disrupting your loadout. It is what it is and DE's decisionto boost him with amalgamation should tell you they're not interested in making him easier to beat. You either carry something to deal with him or you ignore him when he shows up, your choice. Congrats on killing him 15 times, i wish I'd seen him that much. And to reiterate, if you're levelling in Hydron you should at least be bringing a means of contributing to the kills, if you're not you're leeching pure and simple and I have zero sympathy if you get ganked. He's only a bullet sponge if you don't strip his armour, I'm not actually sure if CP works on him but there are still other options and stripping armour is a good gane mechanic for new players to get used to anyway.

Don't you need a Gravimag to make an Archgun usable in normal missions? And that requires a Dojo with that research. I was in a moon clan that didn't have it (though it had everything else). Apparently nobody really wanted to contribute a gyromag, atmo systems, or repeller systems to get the Gravimag research done. Gee, I wonder why that is?

And the blueprint? Look at that... 10 Gyromag, 5 Atmo systems, 2 repellers to make a Gravimag.

Tell me, what is a common complaint on this forum? I just reached Old Mate and I am pretty adept at farming. I have a feeling those complaints are justified somehow... I'll be finding out soon when I can get over my seething hatred of Orb Vallis and try the Heists.

My impression: Gravimag is not worth the cost.

Just something to add to the discussion...Are you all aware that headshots apparently do LESS damage to Wolf Boy compared to body shots?

*slow clap*

Combined with invincible lackeys that only become vulnerable AFTER you go through the slogfest that is fighting a massive gear-check sponge...who incidentally is not level capped at 60. He can spawn at level 70-75. In any mission.

Great work DE  /s

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nslay said:

Don't you need a Gravimag to make an Archgun usable in normal missions? And that requires a Dojo with that research. I was in a moon clan that didn't have it (though it had everything else). Apparently nobody really wanted to contribute a gyromag, atmo systems, or repeller systems to get the Gravimag research done. Gee, I wonder why that is?

And the blueprint? Look at that... 10 Gyromag, 5 Atmo systems, 2 repellers to make a Gravimag.

Tell me, what is a common complaint on this forum? I just reached Old Mate and I am pretty adept at farming. I have a feeling those complaints are justified somehow... I'll be finding out soon when I can get over my seething hatred of Orb Vallis and try the Heists.

My impression: Gravimag is not worth the cost.

Well I'm just basing it off the MASSIVE backlash of complaints about not being able to do profit taker for nightwave. I would've thought those people would by now have made sure they have a gravimag. That's really bad if a moon clan didn't have the tech mate 😞

It's well worth the cost, it's the fastest credit and toroid farm in the game by a long way. 

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

Well I'm just basing it off the MASSIVE backlash of complaints about not being able to do profit taker for nightwave. I would've thought those people would by now have made sure they have a gravimag. That's really bad if a moon clan didn't have the tech mate 😞

It's well worth the cost, it's the fastest credit and toroid farm in the game by a long way. 

Well, I'll be finding out! I am not very enthusiastic since the research costs are supposedly low (1 systems each?) while nobody contributed. Probably particularly because those atmo systems are very tedious to get while also part of progressing in Vox Solaris? So I've read... And Gravimag lumps another 5 on top of the 10 you have to get for Vox Solaris that everyone seems to complain about already.