Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

LIES !!! ALL LIES !!!

Lutesque

Question

Im sorry but I call Bull S#&$ on Adaptation having the same Drop Chance as the other mods... which the Wiki says it does... 

Its obviously the most Desired mod from Arbitration and if theres one thing you can bet on with Warframe is that its always The Best mod will just straight up refuse to drop.... this isn't just RNG. Theres something off with the way it works. 

THERE IS NO WAY Adaptation's Drop chance matches the other arbitration mods (They're Rubbish... I can't even be bothered to remember what they were)

Im sorry but I and many other players have been screwed over far too many times not only out of Adaptation but Khora, Atmo Systems, Harrow Systems, Fleeting Expertise and so on.... Its Aggravating. And what makes matters worse is you don't even get to choose the location to maximize resource farming.

There needs to be a Universal Cap through out every RNG cluster #*!% of a Drop table that just drops whatever isn't in your inventory after a set number of times. 

17 answers to this question

RNG at it finest, I had my share when I ran about 100 exploiter runs before getting a single ephemera and its 6% drop.

In your situation you can buy the mod but you cant buy ephemeras.

Edited by AwkwardLazarow

25 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Im sorry but I call Bull S#&$ on Adaptation having the same Drop Chance as the other mods... which the Wiki says it does... 

Its obviously the most Desired mod from Arbitration and if theres one thing you can bet on with Warframe is that its always The Best mod will just straight up refuse to drop.... this isn't just RNG. Theres something off with the way it works. 

THERE IS NO WAY Adaptation's Drop chance matches the other arbitration mods (They're Rubbish... I can't even be bothered to remember what they were)

Im sorry but I and many other players have been screwed over far too many times not only out of Adaptation but Khora, Atmo Systems, Harrow Systems, Fleeting Expertise and so on.... Its Aggravating. And what makes matters worse is you don't even get to choose the location to maximize resource farming.

There needs to be a Universal Cap through out every RNG cluster #*!% of a Drop table that just drops whatever isn't in your inventory after a set number of times. 

not entirely true

I got so far 16 adaptation, sold 10 still have 6

• Like 1

That's RNG for ya. I have 2 Adaptations, 1 Rolling Guard, 1 Vigorous Swap and 0 Sharpshooter.

Mind you, I wasn't specifically looking for the mods. I just played Arbitrations when I was done with my regular daily stuff and had about half an hour to spare. The minimum for the three rotations, once a day, tops.

For me, having zero expectations and being super patient seems to work wonders when playing this game.

Edited by KnossosTNC

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Oussii said:

not entirely true

I got so far 16 adaptation, sold 10 still have 6

LIES !!!!!

12 minutes ago, KnossosTNC said:

Mind you, I wasn't specifically looking for the mods. I just played Arbitrations when I was done with my regular daily stuff and had about half an hour to spare. The minimum for the three rotations, once a day, tops.

For me, having zero expectations and being super patient seems to work wonders when playing this game.

Thats great but there's just nothing else for me to do in this game... the ony content where im not Struggling is Eidolon hunts. I can't do Spiderlons consistently because of the enemies' damage even with Arcane Guardian. I can't even do Arbitration properly because the right frame for the Job will just get slaughreres without Adaptation.

I was playing Monster Hunter in a Zinogre farming team once. I was looking for a 25% drop rate part and it was a tail part so I had a 50% drop chance from carving the tail - I had everything else I needed, I just wanted this one part real quick. Everyone else was farming 1-2% Jaspers and Gems of course. I had no need for them.

I wound up getting I believe 2 jaspers, and a gem before I got the very common part I wanted, and I stuck around to help them out for a bit, where I believe I picked up another gem. Again, I did not need nor want these parts as I already had them - in fact me picking one up by chance was the catalyst for farming the Zinogre set to begin with.

Moral of the story?

RNG is malicious, but it is not weighted against you.

45 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Thats great but there's just nothing else for me to do in this game... the ony content where im not Struggling is Eidolon hunts. I can't do Spiderlons consistently because of the enemies' damage even with Arcane Guardian. I can't even do Arbitration properly because the right frame for the Job will just get slaughreres without Adaptation.

Then take a break or slow down. Right now, all I do is get 100,000 credits, clear 12 relics, get 6 Axi relics, 1 set of Tridolon, a Kavat DNA run and maybe an Exploiter Orb if I get a resource booster. No more, no less. When I'm done with that, I just play or do something else. Just today after I finished the daily stuff above, I went straight to Soulcalibur VI (❤️ Xianghua). Personally, overplaying a game makes me miserable.

As for Arbitrations, I found that any frame with 90% damage reduction could solo them no problem. I use Gara for Defense and Nova for Interceptions. I don't use Adaptation in either of them.

Edited by KnossosTNC

Seems like some people simply don't get what RNG really is.

Since it is in Players helping Players, let me help you in two ways  - understanding the system and a simple trick to get the mod without the need to rant on the forums.

1) I'll try to explain it in the simplest way I can...
RNG is a Random Number Generator, which you can divide in two main categories - hardware and software generators. Hardware generators (such as colour wheels or dice) give you a true random output. But software generator output is a quasi-random number, generated by functions (and thus not truly random).

That aside - the software RNG output is pretty close to the hardware RNG - ofc you can modify the software one or even foresee the results once you get the key of the function (AKA seed) - but otherwise, just like in case of hardware, you still rely on your luck.

How does the probability works?
For example:
If a particular thing has, let's say... 50% chance to drop. 50/50. It will drop, or not. Same probability on both.
But you must remember it is not like "oh, now I had 50% chance... so the next time I go there it will be 75% chance because 50% of 50% boost!".
No.
Each time it is 50% chance.
Every single time you have that 50/50.
You have just the same chance to get it on first run as in your 10000th run.
Imagine a box with 100 balls. half of them is white, the other half is red. The box is closed, you cannot see the balls, you can only put your hand it and choose one. Everytime you pick one, you put it back to the box and mix the balls before picking another. What is the chance you get a red ball whenever you want?

Now let's move to lower drop rates like 2% (which are still pretty high chances, trust me, I've played games with drops of 0.002% chance).
If the drop is 2% chance. It does not exactly mean 2 out of 100 times it occurs (namely, "if I go there 100 times, I get two of those items").
Quoting Shakespeare again; Hamlet - Act 3, Scene 3, Line 87 (92 in some):
"No."
It does not work like that.
Every time you go the mission you get your 2% chance, if you're lucky - you can get the drop within 5 runs... if you're not lucky - you can farm it daily for a year and never get it. Just like in case of 50/50 example - the chance does not stack (unless the stacking system is applied - which is not the WF case).
Imagine the same box with balls, 100 balls, but now only 2 are red and 98 of them is white. Each time you pick a ball, you put it back and mix them again. What is the chance of you getting the red ball each time you want?
That is how "randomness" works.

2) A hint and the simpliest way of salvation from your torment:
Go to random fissures, get primes, sell them for plats, buy the damn mod with the said plats - gross... profit... grofit.
https://warframe.market/items/adaptation

Edited by Sanxxieh

il y a une heure, Lutesque a dit :

LIES !!!!!

You have nothing to do in the game, yet you struggle with profit taker..  Please, go back to farming, it's hilarious and sad

You don't need adaptation for arbitration, nor spiderlon, I've done both many times without it.

Doesn't do much arbitration.

By far only get 3 mods (beside endo and sculptures) and 2 was Adaptation.

Not fair...

Probability can be tricky (you can have 10% chances and do 1000 runs and dont drop it, it's not very probable but possible) and karma is a bit*h.

Just farm some relics and buy the mod.

You're sanity is not worth the fight with the RNG. RNG easely win...

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

May I ask why this thread is in "Players helping Players"?

How are we supposed to help you? 

1 hour ago, Sanxxieh said:

Since it is in Players helping Players, let me help you in two ways  - understanding the system and a simple trick to get the mod without the need to rant on the forums.

1) I'll try to explain it in the simplest way I can...
RNG is a Random Number Generator, which you can divide in two main categories - hardware and software generators. Hardware generators (such as colour wheels or dice) give you a true random output. But software generator output is a quasi-random number, generated by functions (and thus not truly random).

That aside - the software RNG output is pretty close to the hardware RNG - ofc you can modify the software one or even foresee the results once you get the key of the function (AKA seed) - but otherwise, just like in case of hardware, you still rely on your luck.

How does the probability works?
For example:
If a particular thing has, let's say... 50% chance to drop. 50/50. It will drop, or not. Same probability on both.
But you must remember it is not like "oh, now I had 50% chance... so the next time I go there it will be 75% chance because 50% of 50% boost!".
No.
Each time it is 50% chance.
Every single time you have that 50/50.
You have just the same chance to get it on first run as in your 10000th run.
Imagine a box with 100 balls. half of them is white, the other half is red. The box is closed, you cannot see the balls, you can only put your hand it and choose one. Everytime you pick one, you put it back to the box and mix the balls before picking another. What is the chance you get a red ball whenever you want?

Now let's move to lower drop rates like 2% (which are still pretty high chances, trust me, I've played games with drops of 0.002% chance).
If the drop is 2% chance. It does not exactly mean 2 out of 100 times it occurs (namely, "if I go there 100 times, I get two of those items").
Quoting Shakespeare again; Hamlet - Act 3, Scene 3, Line 87 (92 in some):
"No."
It does not work like that.
Every time you go the mission you get your 2% chance, if you're lucky - you can get the drop within 5 runs... if you're not lucky - you can farm it daily for a year and never get it. Just like in case of 50/50 example - the chance does not stack (unless the stacking system is applied - which is not the WF case).
Imagine the same box with balls, 100 balls, but now only 2 are red and 98 of them is white. Each time you pick a ball, you put it back and mix them again. What is the chance of you getting the red ball each time you want?
That is how "randomness" works.

2) A hint and the simpliest way of salvation from your torment:
Go to random fissures, get primes, sell them for plats, buy the damn mod with the said plats - gross... profit... grofit.
https://warframe.market/items/adaptation

I quoted the question from the 1st guy and the quote from the 2nd guy already answered everything you need to understand so that you can stop yelling LIES again (that is, in case you really understand).

What a click-bait title.... I accepted to bite the bait and saw only complaint... The moment you join a RNG game, the "LIES" are something you should accept.

A piece of advice (I don't care whether you can do it) : the only way to enjoy RNG is never expecting anything from it !

2 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Then take a break or slow down.

No.... 

Infact im literally going slow already. Like I said... Because im not properly geared for other content theres nothing to do but hunt and try to get Adaptation.... and thats it.... theres nothing else so when im sick if that I just log out. Its already slow. Im already spending less time on the game because if this wall.

2 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

As for Arbitrations, I found that any frame with 90% damage reduction could solo them no problem. I use Gara for Defense and Nova for Interceptions. I don't use Adaptation in either of them.

Yes they can solo them but the issue is one #*!% up and you're dead. I've had this Happen with Gara a few weeks ago... I procced Arcane Consequence without Realising Accidentally bullet jumped further than I wanted to and fell into a pit... losing all the damage on my Splinter storm and the Splinter Storm itself and getting stuck in that landing animation while level 109 Chargers vaporizes my health bar...

Last weekend I got hooked on some piece of geometry and got stuck whilest Disruptors drained my energy and my timer was running out so to stay alive I had drop like 5 Energy Pads to prevent the situation from getting worse.... this is unsustainable for me. I can't afford to spread tbis grind over the course of the next few months... I need it now before I run out items...

2 hours ago, Sanxxieh said:

Seems like you misses the point... This Is annoying... it was designed to be annoying and time and time again we've asked DE to fix this issue and nothibg is being done about it.

DE is well aware how RNG works and they are well aware this sort things tends to piss people off and yet they implemented it anyway. 

55 minutes ago, SolusCaeles said:

I got my Adaptation in my first-ever round of Arbitration and got the shock emphemera from the first exploiter run, but can't get a single gold prime part out from like 20 radiant relics. Yeah... that's how RNG works.

It doesn't work... this is my point...

1 hour ago, Fallen77 said:

You have nothing to do in the game, yet you struggle with profit taker..  Please, go back to farming, it's hilarious and sad

You don't need adaptation for arbitration, nor spiderlon, I've done both many times without it.

1) I don't struggle... I merely don't want to do it with Inaros anymore.... its boring.

2) im not you... you do you with the mods you have and il do me.

20 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

May I ask why this thread is in "Players helping Players"?

How are we supposed to help you? 

I don't know... You think I made this thread in a normal state of mind ?

21 minutes ago, Diangelius said:

I quoted the question from the 1st guy and the quote from the 2nd guy already answered everything you need to understand so that you can stop yelling LIES again (that is, in case you really understand).

What a click-bait title.... I accepted to bite the bait and saw only complaint... The moment you join a RNG game, the "LIES" are something you should accept.

A piece of advice (I don't care whether you can do it) : the only way to enjoy RNG is never expecting anything from it !

LIES !!!

Il y a 2 heures, Lutesque a dit :

LIES !!!!!

Just as a side note, this might be more about your build than about adaptation. There are several frames that can do very well in all of that content without Adaptation, chiefly Rhino which actually gains nothing from it. 

3 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

Just as a side note, this might be more about your build than about adaptation. There are several frames that can do very well in all of that content without Adaptation, chiefly Rhino which actually gains nothing from it. 

I've done Alot if the content already. Infact the only thing I haven't done are the events that came before November.... 

Now I just want to redo that content with a frame I actually like.... i'd like to make more of my builds alil bit more viable in more situations.... I just want some consistency. 

Is that asking for too much ?

30 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

No.... 

Infact im literally going slow already. Like I said... Because im not properly geared for other content theres nothing to do but hunt and try to get Adaptation.... and thats it.... theres nothing else so when im sick if that I just log out. Its already slow. Im already spending less time on the game because if this wall.

Well, you only mentioned "Spiderlons," which I assume means the Profit Taker since Exploiter is very easy, and Arbitrations. I soloed Profit Taker with a Chroma, a Tigris Prime, an Akstiletto Prime, a Redeemer Prime and an Imperator Vandal without Adaptation. Yeah, the enemy damage output was high and I almost died a few times, but so was mine and I minced the Profit Taker in just over 10 minutes.

But seriously, you sound like you need a break. Or again, try what I did; once a day, zero expectations.

30 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Yes they can solo them but the issue is one #*!% up and you're dead. I've had this Happen with Gara a few weeks ago... I procced Arcane Consequence without Realising Accidentally bullet jumped further than I wanted to and fell into a pit... losing all the damage on my Splinter storm and the Splinter Storm itself and getting stuck in that landing animation while level 109 Chargers vaporizes my health bar...

Last weekend I got hooked on some piece of geometry and got stuck whilest Disruptors drained my energy and my timer was running out so to stay alive I had drop like 5 Energy Pads to prevent the situation from getting worse.... this is unsustainable for me. I can't afford to spread tbis grind over the course of the next few months... I need it now before I run out items...

Well, I don't use Arcane Consequence, so that would never happen to me. I also picked my Arbitrations to minimize frustration. As I mentioned; Nova for Interceptions is my first choice, followed by Gara for Defense, and maybe either the aforementioned two or Inaros for Survival if I'm a little desperate. I ignored every other mission type.

And honestly, sometimes putting something on the back burner and spreading the grind over time is the best approach. I remember going to war with the RNG to get my Mirage Prime, and by the end of it I was thoroughly miserable. In contrast, when I took my time with the Harrow Systems, doing one maybe two Defection missions a day, and went in with zero expectations, I came out the other end still feeling fresh and enjoying myself.

Edited by KnossosTNC

It's RNG.

It's possible to roll a dice and have it land on a "2" multiple times in a row. Granted it's improbable that it would keep landing on a 2, but it's not impossible. It is possible that you will only ever roll 2's, now and forever--although the probability of this happening is the limit approaching infinity to one, against. 

It doesn't help that as humans we have a very, very bad concept of 'randomness.' We assume that a 'random spread' means that if you have 50% chances of X happening and 50% chances of Y happening, that we should get results of "X, Y, X, Y, X, Y, etc." This is not the case of true randomness. With true randomness, you only get that 'equal spread' of % results when you take an infinite sample size, or when you take a limited sample size that happens to also match the % probabilities of results, however taking a limited sample size that matches the % probabilities spread is not guaranteed (i.e. a sample of XXXY would indicate 75% X, 25% Y, but if that is a subsample of XXXYXYYXYY, it gives you an incorrect view into the actual spread of 50% X, 50% Y).

Long story short, you may keep getting the thing you don't want, and you may only get the thing you do want from now on until the end of time. It is a random system, it cannot be predicted, and the results you see may not be the results you expect because it is not possible for you to get a sample size where 'n' = infinity, where such a sample would let you see the results you expect based on the % probabilities of results.