The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radian Sentirum and Heart Nyth are a joke now?

AntonioKr123

Basically with the removal or arcane crafting DE kinda forgot they removed nearly every purpose that Radian Sentirum and Heart Nyth had, they were used to craft powerful arcanes for both weapons and operators, and when DE removed the arcane crafting and everyone got their arcanes without any resources everyone including  myself liked it but it also made Radian Sentirum and Heart Nyth useless outside of operator fashion. So i am not saying to make arcanes need resources again but at least give Radian Sentirum and Heart Nyth some other reason to exist, for example make Reinforced Zaw parts that will give some more positive effects than the normal zaw parts.

16 minutes ago, Fishyflakes said:

You can donate them for Standing to buy Zaw Arcanes 🤔

They are worth less than Amarast though.

Given their rarity and drop amount you would have expected standing equal to Thysts and Zodians.

Edited by Guest

Yeah I bought a load from plague star, this was when the drop was really bad for me, then DE buffs their drop rate and now they're literally useless...

I really wish DE would 'think long term' when they add stuff to the game, they've had the game going for well over 6 years now so you'd think by now they'd have a 'rough' idea of how to make things work long term over 'right now'.

DE pandering to too many whiny burnt out players who don't want to play the mining mini-game anymore

so they remove the resource requirements, plus make mining/fishing doubly obsolete by having Thumpers drop them

and someplace along the way they forgot about the gameplay experience and progression for everyone else (new players especially)

They never should have tied progression and important items to minigames anyway. It's a shooter game, neither mining, fishing or conservation have anything to do with being a shooter. It'd be like tieing the primary kitguns to framefighter or wyrmius. 

Im glad for the change, but they could at least have compensated with some cosmetic crafting

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

DE pandering to too many whiny burnt out players who don't want to play the mining mini-game anymore 

My 'personal' issue with mining, isn't so much the mining (if I ignore the time it takes from 'normal' gaming, which in itself is an issue for some) it's the fact that you can't just mine for the resource you want, you need to rely on rng, which then often means getting what you want takes even longer.  Take away the rng, give each resource it's own colour and it will be much much better imo. 

17 minutes ago, Katinka said:

You can use them to turn all your Sentient Cores into Exceptional Sentient Cores for 5x as much Quill's Standing so you can buy those Arcanes that don't need built anymore.

that's actually not a bad idea.... and i can get those cores from just vormalysts instead of bothering with eidolons

i wonder if DE considered that... probably not

3 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

that's actually not a bad idea.... and i can get those cores from just vormalysts instead of bothering with eidolons

i wonder if DE considered that... probably not

Uh, yeah, probably.

Resources that allow you to progress the faction and get standing to buy the items conveniently winds up being the exact same one that was removed from a recipe for the very items it now makes accessible, while simultaneously removing this factions sole reliance on a group fight after a period of time in which the group fight will begin to have less participants because it's older? 

And we're gonna think that's coincidental?  Come on now, of course it was considered.  It's a surprisingly well thought out, big picture change.

10 hours ago, LSG501 said:

My 'personal' issue with mining, isn't so much the mining (if I ignore the time it takes from 'normal' gaming, which in itself is an issue for some) it's the fact that you can't just mine for the resource you want, you need to rely on rng, which then often means getting what you want takes even longer.  Take away the rng, give each resource it's own colour and it will be much much better imo. 

Eh, you'd still be relying on RNG, though. Instead of getting a random drop from a universal mining node, you'd be getting a random mining node.

My issue with mining is that it's the same as fishing. It's literally the same minigame, except the sliding thingy is circular instead of linear. I preferred the old shape tracing minigame, that was at least different. Though on the plus side they're both completely pointless and optional now, so I guess it's not too bad.

Edited by SordidDreams

9 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Eh, you'd still be relying on RNG, though. Instead of getting a random drop from a universal mining node, you'd be getting a random mining node. 

Only if they made them randomly spawn instead of having them in 'zones' where a particular ore is easier to farm, ie like in real life.... but I doubt any of this is going to happen...

11 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Only if they made them randomly spawn instead of having them in 'zones' where a particular ore is easier to farm, ie like in real life.... but I doubt any of this is going to happen...

No, probably not. And given that killing bosses is a much better way of obtaining these materials now, I wouldn't even want DE to waste their time on something like that. Mining (and fishing, for that matter) is now finally what it should've always been, an optional diversion.

Edited by SordidDreams

21 hours ago, kyori said:

That is the only important thing.

yes i did like it but it still contributed badly to the game because many players have farmed for hours for those gems and all of the sudden became useless and only really contributed to fashion for operator

2 hours ago, AntonioKr123 said:

many players have farmed for hours for those gems

As with many other things in this game, players need to farm them when they were first released but as time goes by, guilty conscience hit DE and DE made many of those stuffs easy or no effort to get, so those players who spent hours farming are made fools. It is a common practice to slap players in their faces.

Not reading all of this.

I like the sound of stronger zaw parts that require Sentirum/Nyth.  

I also like the idea of being able to convert them into a huge chunk of standing points (with both Ostron AND quills,  you could use it at either place).  Would be totally awesome if this let you bypass your standing cap limit for the day!!   (because with the new economy I definately will be buying alot more stuff, especially from quills)

Maybe Sentirum/Nyth could be prized by the Quills and we could have a special store where thats the only type of currency and it sells the arcanes from eidolon fights......

6 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Maybe Sentirum/Nyth could be prized by the Quills and we could have a special store where thats the only type of currency and it sells the arcanes from eidolon fights......

It could be possible depending on the direction DE takes that the gems could become a kind of currency in the nightwave chapters where you can trade them in for wolf creds if you cash in enough for it. For example 50 creds for 5 rare gems or as a separate meter where if you give a certain amount of gems in a week you get a standing bonus and a set amount of creds. Although now that i think about it that would add a lot of grind to the whole system.

On 2019-04-21 at 7:03 AM, LSG501 said:

Funnily enough the other PoE resources, plants, already do this.

7 hours ago, OwlOfJune said:

Funnily enough the other PoE resources, plants, already do this.

And it makes it a far less time consuming task to get said resources.   OV seems to have improved on the idea a little by having multiple plant resources clumped together in little patches (except ores...) which makes it even better imo.