Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

FIX THE TRIDOLON META! Make other frames viable

(PSN)ImTheOx

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Ryfore2 said:

I solo Tridolon sets in 35ish minutes as Trinity so you can use whatever you want your team just doesn't want to carry you so figure out soloing your way and carry 3 even worse frames through

yea, can do that to but with Oberon or Limbo. But its just not fun isnt it? 

At the core, Eidolons have four basic roles:

• DPS from weapons (Chroma, Ivara, Octavia, Titania, Volt, Rhino, etc.)
  • Critical buff from Volt
  • Critical/headshot buff + magnetic resistance from Harrow
  • Support/Additional buff (only if the player is paying close attention to lures)

You can supplement the DPS with various Warframes. This is just one person I know (@-.Se-Q-uEnCe.-) :

You can do 5 and 6 caps with tons of different combos. The request you are asking for is essentially why can't Mesa kill a Profit-Taker or Magnetize it with Lanka/Detron. It's designed so you must use the power of weapons. It is one of the few game modes where Riven Mods make a real difference as well. You don't need them, but they enhance the mission. The way Eidolons are designed are fine. If you want to go off-meta, use various other setups. Chroma is easiest to go through, but you don't need Trinity, and you don't need Chroma. Volt is required due to how Amps work, and Harrow gives a very nice critical/headshot multiplier and resistance to magnetic waves.

There is a meta because it's the least hassle, but you can do the mission with plenty of variety. If DE allows something like Magnetize to work, you may as well just turn off your monitor with the various abilities that would make it a joke. For example, if we include Magnetize, should we also include Mallet? How about Sonar? This idea would make way too many exceptions that are unnecessary. Eidolons should stay the same, and there is nothing to fix.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1

Just now, (PS4)ImTheOx said:

yea, can do that to but with Oberon or Limbo. But its just not fun isnt it? 

Eidolons in general aren't really that fun after the first 3 or so.

Same with the Profit-taker and the Wolf. There isn't enough depth to the fights for them to be very fun when repeated over and over, they're just durable sponges that pose marginal threat, and in the case of Profit-taker and Wolf, are less threatening than the mooks who follow them.

Boss design isn't Warframe's strong point.

tell me how this'll work. How can you make every frame in the game viable for meta? because if they allow eidolons to be affected by abilities, it'll just be 1 limbo/vauban and 3 chromas stacking damage. With a game this diverse, it's impossible to even think you can make it possible for all frames to be fully functional for all pieces of content in this game. Warframes were designed as "tools" rather than something to main. Similar to a knife, sure you can do surgery with a swiss army knife, but wouldn't the tool specifically designed for that be better than anything else? There will always be gamebreaking metas, nothing can always be viable

3 minutes ago, joshwaaaa_ said:

tell me how this'll work. How can you make every frame in the game viable for meta? because if they allow eidolons to be affected by abilities, it'll just be 1 limbo/vauban and 3 chromas stacking damage. With a game this diverse, it's impossible to even think you can make it possible for all frames to be fully functional for all pieces of content in this game. Warframes were designed as "tools" rather than something to main. Similar to a knife, sure you can do surgery with a swiss army knife, but wouldn't the tool specifically designed for that be better than anything else? There will always be gamebreaking metas, nothing can always be viable

I think there'd be a banshee in that team somewhere

What I do not get out of this whole thread is how some people can seriously combine the following.

PuG/PuB + Efficiency. As in "You go in pub, you deal with it. People want to be the most efficient.".

No, just no. You do not go into PuGs if you want to be the most efficient, not in any game at any point in time of online games. You go into PuGs to expect avarage performance, not to be the most efficient.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, joshwaaaa_ said:

you have completely faild to understand. 

I said give other frames abilities a possibility to work on eidolons so players will learn to use and appreciate other frames for Eidolon hunts. 

i did not say "We want overpowered frames! We want a squad of 16players agains 1 teralist!" 

38 minutes ago, Voltage said:

At the core, Eidolons have four basic roles:

• DPS from weapons (Chroma, Ivara, Octavia, Titania, Volt, Rhino, etc.)
  • Critical buff from Volt
  • Critical/headshot buff + magnetic resistance from Harrow
  • Support/Additional buff (only if the player is paying close attention to lures)

You can supplement the DPS with various Warframes. This is just one person I know (@-.Se-Q-uEnCe.-) :

You can do 5 and 6 caps with tons of different combos. The request you are asking for is essentially why can't Mesa kill a Profit-Taker or Magnetize it with Lanka/Detron. It's designed so you must use the power of weapons. It is one of the few game modes where Riven Mods make a real difference as well. You don't need them, but they enhance the mission. The way Eidolons are designed are fine. If you want to go off-meta, use various other setups. Chroma is easiest to go through, but you don't need Trinity, and you don't need Chroma. Volt is required due to how Amps work, and Harrow gives a very nice critical/headshot multiplier and resistance to magnetic waves.

There is a meta because it's the least hassle, but you can do the mission with plenty of variety. If DE allows something like Magnetize to work, you may as well just turn off your monitor with the various abilities that would make it a joke. For example, if we include Magnetize, should we also include Mallet? How about Sonar? This idea would make way too many exceptions that are unnecessary. Eidolons should stay the same, and there is nothing to fix.

I checked this videos. Thats just broken, i bet DE didnt have this in mind. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)ImTheOx said:

Equinoxs REST should put the EIDOLON to sleep for half a second so you can actualy block the Eidolom from casting a Storm or a shockwave.

I believe Sentients are machine? How does one put a machine to sleep? where i can find these power source u speak of. 

1 minute ago, AriaSTG said:

I believe Sentients are machine? How does one put a machine to sleep? where i can find these power source u speak of. 

not power source but Power Options. you click on it than click on sleep. 

The machine will wake up if you touch the mouse. 

3 hours ago, Sir_Carl said:

It's like saying make Rhino viable for spy missions, Ivara for interception, or Loki for profit taker.

I mean yes you ca bring those but it's not efficient.

Although I agree Limbo does offer teamplay abilites for Tridolons. 

Well... I suppose you haven't used an Ivara Concentrate build, because damn, she is one of the most efficient frames on interception with that... So you are invisible and only have to fire every now and again and can destroy entire mobs of enemies with one headshot. Said headshot on an immobile target attempting to hack a console. My friends and I went into a sortie interception with 4 Ivaras and it was a cake walk. No risk of death and very little effort. Just because a warframe seems (at first) like a bad idea to use, it can end up being the opposite.

I get what the guy who made this post was getting at, some people want to grind, but use something other than the "meta" gear without being harassed or called stupid for it. The first time I tried using Ivara for sortie in an interception mission and in the Sortie Ambulas Assassination I was called a noob by everyone and they mocked my choice. Guess who finished with top kills, least damage taken, most revives and top damage dealt on both. It was me. They shut up pretty quickly after that.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Eidolons in general aren't really that fun after the first 3 or so.

Same with the Profit-taker and the Wolf. There isn't enough depth to the fights for them to be very fun when repeated over and over, they're just durable sponges that pose marginal threat, and in the case of Profit-taker and Wolf, are less threatening than the mooks who follow them.

Boss design isn't Warframe's strong point.

It really isn’t.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Departure2808 said:

Well... I suppose you haven't used an Ivara Concentrate build, because damn, she is one of the most efficient frames on interception with that... So you are invisible and only have to fire every now and again and can destroy entire mobs of enemies with one headshot. Said headshot on an immobile target attempting to hack a console. My friends and I went into a sortie interception with 4 Ivaras and it was a cake walk. No risk of death and very little effort. Just because a warframe seems (at first) like a bad idea to use, it can end up being the opposite.

You still have more to find out about Ivara in interception. You can afk it solo with Ivara for as long as you like.

Despite all the valid points brought up in opposition to this, I still think it’s a good idea to make certain abilities of other frames (such as ones OP mentioned) work on eidolons. People are generally still going to use meta frames and tactics but it would allow for some experimentation and possibly the meta could change.

1 hour ago, (PS4)ImTheOx said:

I checked this videos. Thats just broken, i bet DE didnt have this in mind. 

You: "That's just broken."

Also you: "Can I CC the Eidolon with Equinox please? Can I also kills vomvalysts without the Operator?"

UnhealthyLimpEyelashpitviper-max-1mb.gif

What's next? Asking for Magus Lockdown to do scaling damage to Eidolons?

You are asking to invalidate mechanics set in place to circumvent lack of mechanical knowledge/skill to make the fight easier under the guise of "breaking the meta". I just showed you plenty examples of breaking the meta, and you just say that's broken. You either want 4/5/6 tri-caps and use the game-mode's mechanics to your advantage, or you should settle at less to allow your preferred setup. There is no way you will get high tri-caps without Itzal/Supports/Buffs/DPS. Adding CC to the fight doesn't make it any less meta than now. You will still see the majority of players pushing to shoot limbs at a speed where CC does nothing.

• Like 1

Limbo can actually be used on Eidolons but a vast number of players give Limbo a lower reputation than Mag in their heads. 

They are taught to think he is bad and will openly bash you with their ignorance before rage quitting.

That said, Harrow is better than Limbo for Eidolons imo.

11 minutes ago, Voltage said:

You: "That's just broken."

Also you: "Can I CC the Eidolon with Equinox please? Can I also kills vomvalysts without the Operator?"

UnhealthyLimpEyelashpitviper-max-1mb.gif

What's next? Asking for Magus Lockdown to do scaling damage to Eidolons?

You are asking to invalidate mechanics set in place to circumvent lack of mechanical knowledge/skill to make the fight easier under the guise of "breaking the meta". I just showed you plenty examples of breaking the meta, and you just say that's broken. You either want 4/5/6 tri-caps and use the game-mode's mechanics to your advantage, or you should settle at less to allow your preferred setup. There is no way you will get high tri-caps without Itzal/Supports/Buffs/DPS. Adding CC to the fight doesn't make it any less meta than now. You will still see the majority of players pushing to shoot limbs at a speed where CC does nothing.

Was a warframe meant to damage an idolon while was comming out of the water?  Before they even took down its shields with the operator? 

NO! 

So of course they have to fix that crap, if you ask me that is cheating. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)ImTheOx said:

my problem is not adaptation.

I mastered all the Meta for Tridolon, and can Take any role in the capture. The problem is that all the good loot is in Tridolon capture and playing the same frame for the 88th Hydrolist capture makes me wanna kill my self. 

And anytime i wanna go with a different frame in a random game everyone freaks out like i have no freakin clue. 

Its just ridicolouse that only a combination of 4 specific warframes is a good meta for a 4capture in a night. 

They need to allow other frames abilities to actualy work on eidolons to kill the monotonous grind.  (Pun intended) 

It sounds like you could fix this problem by finding a consistent team that wants to run new strats rather than relying on randoms to want you to be limbo. You're entering a public match without anyone knowing you're off meta. Of course people are gonna be mad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zilchy said:

You say you mastered Tridolons but you brought an Amesha to it. That doesn't add up.

Also: Host migration in progress, connection lost. *dumped back to your orbiter*

Amesha trumps bringing a Harrow.  3 makes the entire group immune to the mag pulses, 2 heals the group and nullifies all ranged attacks, and 4 gives you infinite energy.  You can also use 1 on a target to ensure they don't get hurt by the next 10+ attacks.  I figured this out recently and it drastically increased my group's kill times. 

You use itzal to teleport to an eidolon maybe twice per outing, and maybe use the ability to vacuum up all the drops, but it's a waste of resources when you can make your team invulnerable.

6 hours ago, (PS4)ImTheOx said:

Please DE for the love of god, fix the eidolons so other frames can also be viable! 

i can't belive all the times the host left becouse i joined a tridolon with my LIMBO! 

Even the squad was 1 volt and 2 Rhinos, my Limbo is a Versatile Healer/Protector/Dmg Dealer with maxed Madurai, a brutal vectis with god riven, and my amesha can pritty much back up for any trinity. 

my record with a good squad 1chroma 1volt 1Rhino and my Limbo was 11min for a whole Tridolon. 

Yet still almost every time the host leaves on random tridolons when they see my limbo. 

So my suggestion is to Allow other frames to be viable against Eidolons. 

Mag's MAGNETISE should work on Eidolons weak points, allowing for increase DMG and bullet attraction. 

Mesa's PACE MAKER should be able to target Eidolons weak parts. 

Nova's MULECULAR PRIME should slow down Eidolons Attacks for a shorter time and also the anoying Vomvalists. 

Inaros SCARAB SWARM should stop the vomvalists and let them become a healing pillon for players and the Eidolon LURES. 

Hildryn Shield pillage should drain Eidolons shields just like a Tenno. 

Equinoxs REST should put the EIDOLON to sleep for half a second so you can actualy block the Eidolom from casting a Storm or a shockwave.  Her MAIM should DMG and kill vomvalists. 

Hydroids Corrosive Barrage should lower the Eidolons total armor. 

i guess what im trying to say its make so that every warframes power is usefull against the Eidolons becouse right now if you dont have Trinity, Chroma, Volt and Harrow you are kicked from almost every single Tridolon game!

I agree highly with most of your post apart from the limbo aspect. I won’t say he’s useless or just a troll frame I just fail to understand how he is either damage dealer or healer (unless it’s going into the rift to drop pads or revive. I would really like to see other frames become as useful as chroma, trinity, volt, harrow and rhino. Especially Innaros, he is perfect for that roll if you ask me

Limbo is good for eidolons but randoms don't understand because

Randoms are the worst.

As for the suggestion to allow other frames ability to work on eidolons.

No frames abilities works on eidolons.

Nova's molecular prime does not work on eidolon but it does on vomvalysts

As for the hildryn shield pillage to drain eidolon shield!! Thats stupid because that will become the next meta!!!

BTW why not go solo?? 

Also the exploiter orb is the worse boss fight

Its not a boss fight.

Its more like killing coolant raknoids, farming thermia and watching the exploiter rubbing its butt to the ground

@(PS4)ImTheOx

Hm, I guess that's more a people problem than a problem with Limbo.

He's a perfectly viable Warframe for Eidolon hunts because he can mitigate a lot of damage against the entire team with his Cataclysm.

(Just wanted to comment on that, not going to bother reading all the responses, sorry.)