Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baro Ki'Teer with Umbral and Sacrificial mods

MPonder

3 minutes ago, Diavoros said:

Those are quest exclusive but tradeable AFAIK, no reason to put them in the wares of Baro.

No reason for you. there is for me and other people that want the mod with different ranks for builds.

Plus, Baro only bring S#&$ most of the time anyway.

Edited by MPonder

il y a 40 minutes, MPonder a dit :

No reason for you. there is for me and other people that want the mod with different ranks for builds.

I agree with that, not counting we have only one umbra forma, so it break the multi builds.

1 hour ago, MPonder said:

This won't be a problem if DE makes Umbra Forma more accessible. I think that's the real issue: What will they do with Umbra Forma in the future? Will it really remain a once-per-10-weeks item?

On 2019-04-29 at 7:26 AM, Chewarette said:

-Snip-

I'd be curious to see that build, given that a single Umbral Forma seems to be able to fix that issue right away. In fact, not just fix, but free up even more capacity, allowing for even more wild builds.

You can get one every [Nightwave Episode] - incidentally, where the OP states to intend buy it from. Moving along, one surely wouldn't suggest that an Umbral mod would come for 15 credits; but more, which would put that closer to/potentially at parity with the Umbral Forma. It takes seven weeks (aka 294k Standing) to get to the Umbral Forma - in that time, you gather 300 credits.

What's your price for a single Umbral mod?

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

[...]

Please read it in context, rather than quoting a single line, MP. In the reference to Nightwave credits, I was asking the - rhetorical - question of what an Umbral Mod should cost at Nora's thrift shop.

Just now, Ced23Ric said:

Please read it in context, rather than quoting a single line, MP. In the reference to Nightwave credits, I was asking the - rhetorical - question of what an Umbral Mod should cost at Nora's thrift shop.

Please don't leap to the assumption I didn't read it in context, but rather I simply didn't understand what you were attempting to say.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Please don't leap to the assumption I didn't read it in context, but rather I simply didn't understand what you were attempting to say.

Wouldn't that mean that you didn't connect the previous message body with the question, i.e., didn't read it in context..? I know, begging the question, but before we go down a path of hurt feelings and the need to ascertain dominance over one another: All forgiven, things happen. We miss things, or misunderstand, especially in cases like this where a good portion of the thread revolves around an impossibility - and you've been part of that half of the discussion, rather than the OP's initial outlook of Nightwave as a source for Umbral mods. So, water under the bridge, eh? No need for us to get into a catfight. I am sure you're a swell person all around.

To return to my point: Umbral Forma exists, eliminating the need for a second set. You can much more easily mitigate capacity deficiencies with, say, an R8 Flow over an R10 Flow, or swapping Power Drift for Augur Secrets, or having sets of Fleeting Expertise for R4/R4 175% efficiency combinations, or using an augment at R0 in Rhino's case.

Examples:

Triple Umbra Nidus /w Umbral Forma:
Swap [Hunter Adrenaline] for [Rage] and 3x R10 Umbral Mods fit. I'll burn that bridge when I cross it, though.
vfpUx0x.png

Swap [Hunter Adrenaline] for [Rage] and 3x R10 Umbral Mods fit. I'll burn that bridge when I cross it, though.

Triple Umbra Rhino
Slap an Umbra Forma in, +8, Swap Steel Charge for Corrosive Projection, -4, upgrade Fiber/Vit, -2, swap [Gladiator Aegis] for [Armored Agility], -2. Iron Shrapnel needs no ranks, it's only here to refresh Iron Skin when needed.
vfKQnPX.png

You can make builds that work out just right, especially using the Drifts and Augur set mods to tune. That being said, I'd genuinely like to see an Umbral build that can't be fixed with a single Umbra Forma. This isn't just to show how cool I am, or how y'all wrong 'n dumbos, but because I adore building and tuning things. Curiosity and all that.

The request for more Umbral mods comes from a perceived necessity, one I have a hard time seeing. I'd like to have a discussion about this, which means I'd need some arguments of the other side of the debate to interact with, either to learn something new and adjust my point of view, or to showcase what my point is. Can we do that?

44 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

You can get one every [Nightwave Episode] 

You have no idea about that.

Plus, "Umbral Forma fixes that" is not an acceptable answer as long as we don't have any source for those formas.

Edited by Chewarette

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

You have no idea about that.

Plus, "Umbral Forma fixes that" is not an acceptable answer as long as we don't have any source for those formas.

Equivalent knowledge disadvantage. We have neither proof for or against that, but precedence with a singular datapoint. If the source would be "once every 10 weeks", would that be acceptable, or would that be too long? Will it be too long after Nightwave Episode 5, i.e. within a year? It's a time-gated element, then - one with finite allure, one with finite use, and it'd slot right in next to Baro's rotation, next to Aura Forma in Abry's, next to event-based rewards, and such and forth. Seems fitting for such an endgame fine-tuning element such as Umbral builds.

I'd still like to see one of those builds that require an R8 Umbral mod - got one for me?

13 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

Equivalent knowledge disadvantage. We have neither proof for or against that, but precedence with a singular datapoint. If the source would be "once every 10 weeks", would that be acceptable, or would that be too long? Will it be too long after Nightwave Episode 5, i.e. within a year? It's a time-gated element, then - one with finite allure, one with finite use, and it'd slot right in next to Baro's rotation, next to Aura Forma in Abry's, next to event-based rewards, and such and forth. Seems fitting for such an endgame fine-tuning element such as Umbral builds.

Even if it's "one every 10 weeks", imo that's too long, and having the possibility of getting other sets of Umbral Mods would be really beneficent, for people with exotic builds which don't fit a maxed-ranked one.

I enjoy playing a lot of Warframes, thus most of my mods were R8 in order to be sure they fit on all of them. I only recently started buying duplicates (because Baro finally decided to bring them back) to max them out, to improve the Warframes on which they fit. But I still need to have my R8 mods available, because sometimes they simply don't

13 minutes ago, Ced23Ric said:

I'd still like to see one of those builds that require an R8 Umbral mod - got one for me?

I'm not at home, so nop. Will try to see this evening. :tongue:

Just now, Chewarette said:

Even if it's "one every 10 weeks", imo that's too long, and having the possibility of getting other sets of Umbral Mods would be really beneficent, for people with exotic builds which don't fit a maxed-ranked one.
I'm not at home, so nop. Will try to see this evening. :tongue:

Looking forward to that! I'm really curious, because outside of a few choice mods, especially corrupted, I've not seen this issue anywhere.

Just now, Chewarette said:

I enjoy playing a lot of Warframes, thus most of my mods were R8 in order to be sure they fit on all of them. But I still need to have my R8 mods available, because sometimes they simply don't.

I got Primed Flow at R8, because it has little benefit beyond that rank and it's a convenient way to save one capacity, but even that's a mod you can get multiples off. Just way, way less often than 10 weeks. You bring up Baro as a source to double up on Primed Mods and how you like that, but that source is often half a year or more out to allow you to get another. A guaranteed 10 weeks sounds a lot more reliable to me. Of course I am going to eat my words if Nightwave Ep.2 doesn't have Umbral Forma.

Il y a 11 heures, MPonder a dit :

Make it happens DE, I really like to have 2 of Vitality and Fiber.

Those mods are made to be unique. You get a frame and a weapon with this polarity to use those mods. DE did not lock those mods to the umbra frame and weapon only so you can use them on other frames but it doesn't mean that they should be considered as normal mods. 

The logical initial decision from DE would have been to lock those mods to the umbra stuff only. Just be glad to already have 1 complete free set. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

How about new ones of those mods? I'd like that.

Mag Umbra, with Umbral Stretch, Umbral Streamline and Umbral Continuity.

Umbral Stretch peaks at 66% for R10. 77% with one other Umbral mod. 99% with two other Umbral mods.
Umbral Streamline peaks at 44% for R10. 55% with one other Umbral mod. 66% with two other Umbral mods.
Umbral Continuity peaks at 44% for R10. 55% with one other Umbral mod. 66% with two other Umbral mods.

Yeah?