Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rules of Survival Missions... am I missing something?

I think expectations should depend upon circumstances. If you've recruited a squad then it's perfectly acceptable to work out a game plan with them and be peeved if people deviate from it. If you're just jumping into a random pub match it's probably best to not be "that guy" barking orders over chat and just get on with your own thing.

I generally watch my squad mates and try to "fit in" with whatever I think they're doing, but ignore anybody going "full control-freak".

• Like 1

Try to stay within Affinity range as much as possible and don't hit towers needlessly are the two i use and the people i like to play with do much the same but all reason and sanity can go out the window when you add pubbies into the mix

First thing I always do is go to the nearest life support, next is find a good spot near it because I've had a bad experience when I was still pretty new.

I didn't really know what was everyone doing, they were camping on a low level survival but since I'm still new, I thought I should stick with them. No one was activating the life support and I was starting to have a bad feeling we're gonna fail if I don't activate one but too late coz we only have like 20% left and the life support is 200 something meters away and me being a total noob on the map got lost while panicking and dodging enemies. It was terrible, so now I always make sure I'm near a life support if I plan on being stationary.

Camping in a small room so you can easily kill the enemies while they try to cram themselves in the tiny hallway is a solid tactic on high level survival but if it's a normal mission, I think camping, especially at the very start of the mission, is boring. I prefer to move around a bit and only camp in a small room when the enemies start to actually become a threat and life support drops are scarcer. And by "moving around a bit" I don't mean straying too far from my teammates. I probably won't be staying in 1 room with them but I also won't be 500 meters away from everyone. Aside from affinity, spawn and drop mechanics, being near your team allows them to easily revive you if ever get OHKO'd. 

• Like 1

The more Warframe grows, the more of this stuff happens, and god I wish WF hadn't had this much exposure.... I do remember having this issue way before PoE 1.0 (sometimes) but now it has gotten much worse, pub missions (whichever they are) are getting more and more annoying with players not sticking to the general rule, stick to pre-made.

Edited by ZarTham
corrections

I usually run around the first few rounds looking for loot. It helps kill the monotony of knowing later on you will be in one room for like half a hour doing the rinse and repeat cycle. Often my team mates agree for a change of scenery and go to another spot just to make it a bit more interactive anyways so its not a big deal. Plus most like finding the occasional amber or cyan star. 

Sometimes to you get some players who want to just camp a spot and try to order everyone to "Stay with them and let the tentacles do the work" or something crazy. I don't play the game to sit in a room afk. I want to run around and have fun. That is not fun after 45 minutes. 

Lots of reasons to not stay with certain frames . Limbo can be downright obnoxious and trolly. Nekros and his army of gouls with red energy is often enough to make me stay far away from them. Get all confused later on and always think they are enemies with drone protection because they have a similar red glow. There is a lot of different reasons one might want to stay a bit farther away. 

In regular survival I tend to stick to a decently sized area that could be a good camp spot if others join up, if they dont so be it. I'll still have good room to move aorund without getting bored out of my mind. It also depends what frames are present. Too many annoying Limbo players or TWD-cosplay Nekros and I will be at the other side of the map.

In arbitrations it is every man for himself imo. If you cant survive and you need to rely on others to shield you or pick you up you shouldnt be there in the first place (atleast not with that loadout).

I personally prefer to stay close to the team but far enough so that they can't mess with my accuracy stats too much on certain weapons i use, which usually means having to go a room away from the team.

I know most players don't care about that, but everyone has their own personal goals that keeps them entertained.

13 hours ago, Noble_One said:

only people that did this were people that didnt know how to do survivals. back in the early years you didnt separate from the group as this would cause spawns in between everyone and would kill exp (since back in the early years this is how you farmed). in experienced groups everyone stay together in a medium room with LS points for emergencies. this made enemies come to YOU, made loot way easier to get, and also didnt forgo exp for everyone. 

the way people play now its no one wonder that everyone splits up. heck people now would prolly look at you nuts if you said "40 min survival anyone?" tbh OP once they changed seom stuff the old ways were really forgotten.

What I said....That was every PUG ...from year 1 through year 3 if not till today...

EVERY ONE OF THEM....Repeat...EVERY ONE OF THEM...NO different..no changes..and the people who didn't know how to play survival were the ones who hit the canister every two seconds because they were either panicking..or trolls...or they were mad about something some other player did to them...

Experienced players really don't need other players unless two things were happening..they were at the forty five minute mark and their gear was giving out because they were trying to level said gear... or carrying some new player...or you had COD kiddies trying COD tactics of sticking in a corner camping during the first 45 minutes on Mercury...Or they think they are experienced because they use Youtube Builds and die instantly due to hitscan so they cower in a dead end and type..come here..come here..everyone come save meeeeee... 

After forty five minutes or higher..experienced players will gravitate towards each other so if one get's downed they can be rescue..and as time goes on they will fight as a unit...but the first hour is cake for anyone and nobody wants to sit in a room killing units at level 1-20 unless they are your friends or toadies you've bullied with elite nonsense of "We're experienced this is what we do..sit here."..

LOL, well you guys do that..Nothings on Netflix at the moment to warrant it for me...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

10 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

By design spawns will be more scarce if people don't stick together, enemies have to spawn far from your line of sight, now multiply that by 4 on a full squad and you don't get enough enemies at the beginning, I can "forgive" that in more casual survival missions but going for the "serious" ones and going for your personal glory is sub-optimal for the run, other than that I have been in slightly longer survival arbitrations and people still get away from me, the most cringe worthy examples are when I play Octavia, they even seem to avoid the buffs as much as possible, I saw players dying in some cases because they didn't want me to "steal their kills."

Never seems to stop a PUG on going two hours and I've been in those plenty of times with everyone doing their own thing in the first hour...

Now if you said this is Recruited group and you're using mics and this tactic has been agreed on I can see the "WTF???" going on..but if you expect players to just gravitate towards a death machine with low level enemies running around and sit there and go wow dude you're awesome and I'm so excited to be doing nothing right now..then good luck...

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

13 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I always thought the optimal way to play on survival missions was to stick very close together, preferably in one room (and by room I mean small por big, just not "looking" at any open doors for the enemies to spawn closer, but time and time again when I go Arbitration survival everyone is getting away from one another if not at least away from me, no matter what frame I use, seriously, they even get away if I play stuff like Octavia or Garuda, is the "muh personal glory dunt killsteal" still a thing?

Is it possible in the arbs they are hunting for artifacts?

It depends on the frame.  I like to keep my distance when I'm Ivara cause crossfire meant for teammates can down her pretty quickly.  Plus with prowl I can usually pickpocket life support while I'm hacking away

Edited by (PS4)Ashagin

36 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

It depends on the frame.  I like to keep my distance when I'm Ivara cause crossfire meant for teammates can down her pretty quickly.  Plus with prowl I can usually pickpocket life support while I'm hacking away

That's valid, the only problem is what someone mentioned above, people immediately think grouping up means staying in a small room, you can be on the same big room doing your thing and that's it, the only requirement is not leaving the big room so the spawns will come from the closest entrances.

On 2019-05-03 at 11:55 AM, (NSW)Lunavay said:

Not sure why people assume sticking to together means getting stuck in a small room. 

Pick a bigger area with entrances from all directions. You can still bullet jump, climb, roll and do anything you want. 

bottle-necking. to many doors only leads to a great of...

Image result for surprise mother fucker gif

so hence why people normally go for small at most medium rooms lol