Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let our Sentinels roam, give them some personality?

(XBOX)YoungGunn82

Let the Sentinels we own roam.

Some examples could include: 

Hellios- floats around scanning random things

Carrier- Roomba cosplay 

Wyrm- lounging on random things

Dirgia- teasing your kubrow/kavat

Taxon- fidget spinning 

Deth cube- making random pew pew sounds

Djinn- hanging out in the nidus room, lounging in the hemilith chair randomly. 

Shade- acts shy, hides in random places around our Orbiter/Liset, plays peek a boo.

Would make our Orbiters/ Liset feel more alive. 

Thank you. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 11

Helios: Soo curious, he just observes things and scans around.

Carrier: If not found in the biggest pile of decoration on your ship it moves around small size decorations on the ship to his randomly choosen lair.

Wyrm: Runs combat simulations with the othet half of Ordis. Randomly shots at decorations.

Diriga: Floats around aimlessly, uses laser pointer to mess with your other pets.

Taxon: She follows another sentinel, it seems like she want to learn from them.

Deth cube: You dont know where he is but the orbiter radio pick up distress calls from flagships about a floating machine massacring their crew.

Djinn: Hes either chilling with Helmith or hes swimming in the fish tanks. You dont know how he got into them.

Shade: Shes perma cloaked and you only spot her if you look directly at her or when you notice that Taxon follows the air half-cloaked.

• Like 7

I agree.

I had previously posted a similar Topic on Warframe Forums for Ordis to have a robot body to join the Player on missions.

[ Ordis already has a personality and voice in-game, but he would be more enjoyable if he can help kill enemies on missions, especially for those who play the game alone.]

*Your idea sounds like you want a droid unit counterpart like R2-D2 from Star Wars films, which is cool too.

Seems like a better use of time and effort over "Hey Kiddo" for two damn years.

...or "The Chair of Unfinished Plots" or Stati-Lotus and now that I think about it. Finish something for once DE.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Helios: Soo curious, he just observes things and scans around.

Carrier: If not found in the biggest pile of decoration on your ship it moves around small size decorations on the ship to his randomly choosen lair.

Wyrm: Runs combat simulations with the othet half of Ordis. Randomly shots at decorations.

Diriga: Floats around aimlessly, uses laser pointer to mess with your other pets.

Taxon: She follows another sentinel, it seems like she want to learn from them.

Deth cube: You dont know where he is but the orbiter radio pick up distress calls from flagships about a floating machine massacring their crew.

Djinn: Hes either chilling with Helmith or hes swimming in the fish tanks. You dont know how he got into them.

Shade: Shes perma cloaked and you only spot her if you look directly at her or when you notice that Taxon follows the air half-cloaked.

This is all pretty damn adorable. 😍

3 hours ago, SECURATYYY said:

Deth cube should make angry beeps and noises. Like gets pissed at random things and makes locking on sounds and angry buzzing. Bumps into a wall, turns around and gets pissed at wall.

Deth cube vibrating.. triggered by everything. That's funny. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SECURATYYY said:

Deth cube should make angry beeps and noises. Like gets pissed at random things and makes locking on sounds and angry buzzing. Bumps into a wall, turns around and gets pissed at wall.

So much yes.

It'd be even better if we could put in personality chips like we can with the MOA's.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

I see a Carrier with a sock stuck to its front, hauling tail away from a one shoe'd Operator running full tilt after it.

"Carrier? Where's the ammo to this damn gun,?!" 

Carrier proceeds to spit out different ammunition types. Then looks at you intently. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Magazines, arrows, throwing weapons, a corpus boots.

Ok, I really want a 4 panel comic of a Carrier just belching up random things from years of missions.  And in the final panel when the Operator/Warframe is buried in loot, Carrier just huggles the face out of love and hope that it did good.

Edited by MagPrime
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Ok, I really want a 4 panel comic of a Carrier just belching up random things from years of missions.And in the final panel when the Operator/Warframe is buried in loot, Carrier just huggles the face out of love and hope that it did good

Yes. So much win! Lol

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

10 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Seems like a better use of time and effort over "Hey Kiddo" for two damn years.

...or "The Chair of Unfinished Plots" or Stati-Lotus and now that I think about it. Finish something for once DE.

Xzorn... you know full well that cinematic quests and update quests are easily a year apart. The New War is going to do something about Faux-tus, and heck, apparently this new Nightwave is going to be related to the Infested, and according to the notes 'Interact with your Operator', which may either do something with the Chair, or the medical bed in back.

Those you have to wait a little for. But if DE can make our dogs and cats roam around freely, then having our Sentinels just idling elsewhere in the ship, not even free-roaming (I mean, I'd like free-roam, too, but... clutter if they start overlapping routes) would be just a bit of life and even somewhat of a progression reward for getting more sentinels. While a lot of people would enjoy having a Matrix-esque weapons locker, that's clearly not going to happen with the insane amount of weapons we actually can collect, but enough players ask for a basic gun rack that they can choose certain weapons for... This is kind of the same thing there.

Unlike the dogs and cats, too, these guys aren't stored in Stasis... I don't like the idea of the little guys just being stuck in a box or something while we're not using them...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Xzorn... you know full well that cinematic quests and update quests are easily a year apart. The New War is going to do something about Faux-tus, and heck, apparently this new Nightwave is going to be related to the Infested, and according to the notes 'Interact with your Operator', which may either do something with the Chair, or the medical bed in back.

The only thing I know full well is DE has a history of half finished projects and it's not isolated to quests those are just easy to pick on.

Dark Sectors, Solar Rails, Archwing, Zephyr Deluxe, Sentient Cannon est 2016, Kingpin, Mission Builder, Mod: Combustion Beam / Thunderbolt reworks, Environmental Hazards 2.0,  Stance Mod drops using melee weapon types. Not counting stuff simply abandoned like Damage 3.0 or Nemesis. They don't even polish a new frame before making another. Seeing how well they focus on developing PoE / Vallis makes it all the more irking having dealt with this for years.

At any rate my point was to compare how little work something like this would involve while giving a lot more character than these half finished projects and "... To be Continued " plot devices that go on for literal years. It plays to the whole concept that DE's development is always uphill. You play a quest once or twice -whoo wow. Done, make a new one. This is in the game forever, a little bit of character added to your experience the player will always be exposed to while I still find cinematics a questionable use of resources.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

At any rate my point was to compare how little work something like this would involve while giving a lot more character than these half finished projects

I know, but I can't help but do this... you don't even have to read, I just felt contrary enough to say it all ^^

4 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Dark Sectors, Solar Rails

Not half finished, ended. The Devs moved away from the Solar Rail conflicts because they basically became the property of the big clans and alliances, with some alliances literally strip-mining the places they captured just because they could, knowing that even though they were claiming 90% of the resources you might farm on a Dark Sector, players would still go there just for the Affinity boosts and some of them even for the challenge.

6 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Archwing

Steve has literally got a full Archwing reduxe coming with the Empyrion update. He's really enthusiastic about it and I think (from the tweets he's put out) that he wants to do Anthem, but Warframe... and if Warframe can literally steal the best part of Anthem's movement from them to add to regular Warframe movement? Augh, that's going to be amazing...

Zephyr Deluxe

Got me there, that's lost and gone forever. RIP.

Sentient Cannon

A preview of something we never saw even a modicum of purpose from, and may even have simply been replaced by Arch-gun deployment. That, or Arch-gun Deployment was the actual precursor to it and Steve's hoping to spring it on us with an update.

7 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Kingpin

When there hasn't even been a clan Event until next week you can see that the rest of the content is just taking a priority. This system is also completely unsupportable based on the number of people that just... aren't in clans with other people. Either they have their own, or they don't even bother. You can see that easily by the sudden surge in people complaining that they're going to have to leave their dojo behind and join somebody else's clan just to participate properly in this new Event next week...

12 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Mission Builder

That one fell through when they made literal advanced 'gift of the Lotus' weekend events using that system and the results were a horrible unbalanced mess with a Defense that spawned nothing but Nullifiers and Sapper Ospreys...

14 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Mod: Combustion Beam / Thunderbolt reworks

What needs reworking on those? I use them to hilarious effect when I remember them, but otherwise they're just fine.

15 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Environmental Hazards 2.0

I think you've got to watch the new Jovian Concord thing, there's certainly more environmental hazards coming up there.

As far as just the cold/on fire/magnetic anomaly/radiation hazards go, though, there's room for improvement, but that's hardly a priority here.

17 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Not counting stuff simply abandoned like Damage 3.0

Woah-woah-woah... there was never a Damage 3.0 announced... how could it be abandoned? If you're talking about Khora's release, that was IPS Status only, where they tried to increase the effectiveness of Impact and Puncture's Status types, and then stealth nerf Slash's Bleed proc by making it only scale off the the Slash damage on your weapon.

46 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

They don't even polish a new frame before making another

Name a Warframe that hasn't had weeks or sometimes even months of updates and hotfixes after its release in the last three years. Far from 'not polishing', frames are literally crowd-tested in their over-powered or under-powered release state and then tuned based on what the community does with them thereafter. They stomp on the worst bugs and sometimes even change up the entire thing again (Oberon, Saryn and so on). Plus they come back to some frames at a whim, like Volt with his 2, or his 4, or even his 3 that one time.

Anyroadup...

Your argument is my argument. It's such a nice little touch to flesh out our Orbiter, and to help us with a visual progression. Collecting the Sentinel companions would then grant us a visual increase in our ship's status.

I can think of a few others, like the way we have a display stand in our Personal Quarters for our favourite Warframe, and we have Articula that we can make specific loadouts for and pose around, or even for those people with lots of money, they have Prime Access Noggles...

But what's to stop us from having a display for our favourite, or the best achievement-based, weapons? We can put up the Hema when we unlock it, or our Prime gear. Just display it on a plaque like those fish trophies we can get. Heck, for fun and profit, be able to link Ability weapons to it, to show off Excal's Exalted Blade itself, or Valkyr's Claws, maybe even Wukong's Iron Staff, or Ivara's Artemis Bow.

I just want to be able to pick what I feel was an achievement and display it sometimes... don't you?

Tbh I love this idea.

I'd love even more if they allowed the sentinels to use the Osprey AI that you see, allowing it to move freely from you in battle instead of being invisibly tethered to your shoulder. Obviously not far enough away that we'd lose the bonuses from it, but far enough that they'll move around instead of blocking part of my view.