Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get an Thor Warframe?

You want thor to be in the game?  Well this calls for cosplay

291?cb=20141124023359               +220?cb=20141024143413=  Your Cosplay Thor (you also can do the wide smash radius thanks to 2.9 melee)

DE isn't going put Thor and eliminate Volt's of his job, plus it is copyright right in there which Marvel own "Thor" as title, have a game character name Thor and pretty much that is the all buzz kill zone.  The fact Thor isn't all content is due of region and U.S is next to Canada pretty much the U.S would of have their government march down because of protection agreement of titles uses and all thanks to movie studios, rules of agreement of titles of comic characters (which include side characters, villains, heroes, and non-characters in somewhat).  These papers rules thing are double edge sword either you get cut by the statement or either the other people get cut by it for it is completely is an "Eye for an Eye" so I have to apologize to you for burning your dreams and hope for Thor like frame into the game but its the best for warframe to not get a lawsuit by United State government, unless warframe was able to buy the licenses from Marvel then everything will be A.O.K but the problem is warframe don't consider him a part of Viking's lore story which "Thor" is made up by America which put faults information about Viking's people gods stories telling. The origin was really is just Loki killing Odin basically because he sort of was pretty much wasn't happy for the stories in there is pretty much you'll lose details wtf is going on.

Anyway I don't think we need another electrician  man who just simple shock people like volt which it just destroy the sense meaning of volt's job

6 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

This is a game about robot ninjas in space. We are unlikely to get a lot of fantasy-genre cosmetics in this game.

But if you need it, the Palatine and Ogrun skins exist.

Warframe is less sci-fi and more high fantasy though.  Spaceships and lasers doesn't always mean the work is sci-fi. 

Edited by Goodwill

2 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

plus it is copyright right in there which Marvel own "Thor"

I know you're trolling, but Thor is a badass Nordic god first, trashy american wannabe second.

Marvel can go suck it, noone can copyright Poetic Edda, cause that belongs to Snorri Sturluson, lmao

• Like 3

13 hours ago, thanosinevitable said:

We got many mythological Warframes like Loki, so is there a posibility of an Thor warframe? I would love to have an exalted hammer

I Know Volt exists but he doesn't really have that Thor appereance

Or maybe a weapon similar to Thor's hammer? xD

Well Loki looks nothing like the comic book character, so I guess a Thorframe wouldn't need to look like Chris Hemsworth.

But there are already hammer-type weapons in game, so it wouldn't really offer anything new...unless you could also shoot lightning bolts out of it and swing it really fast to enable you to fly...

Not totally against the idea, but not sure the concept fits with the game all that well.

3 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Well Loki looks nothing like the comic book character, so I guess a Thorframe wouldn't need to look like Chris Hemsworth.

But there are already hammer-type weapons in game, so it wouldn't really offer anything new...unless you could also shoot lightning bolts out of it and swing it really fast to enable you to fly...

Not totally against the idea, but not sure the concept fits with the game all that well.

Except things you mention have nothing to do with the REAL Thor. You're talking about a marvel character, not a mythological one.

OP clearly stated they'd like something mythology inspired.

8 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Except things you mention have nothing to do with the REAL Thor. You're talking about a marvel character, not a mythological one.

OP clearly stated they'd like something mythology inspired.

Except that in the Marvel universe, Asgard tech is quite advanced...which fits well with the Warframe universe.

Also, I'm pretty sure that even in the original Viking / Nordic mythology, he could control thunder & lightning...so those abilities ought to be represented somehow. The flying may be debatable...but he is a god, so...

Edited by FlusteredFerret

1 minute ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Except that in the Marvel universe, Asgard tech is quite advanced...which fits well with the Warframe universe.

Also, I'm pretty sure that even in the original Viking / Nordic mythology, he could control thunder & lightning...so those abilities ought to be represented somehow.

Lightning yes, flying with a hammer, no.

Warframe's Loki shows you don't need Marvel for this.

15 hours ago, thanosinevitable said:

Yeah but it I mean something with a special passive and that actually looks like an Thor's hammer, plus Frager is kinda..emh...bad, unless you have some +crit +dmg riven etc

fragor prime can get easy red crit without a riven

Thor in Warframe:

You could use rhino + cape, just add the color scheme

For a hammer: 

The closest would probably be fragor as previously suggested. If you add electric mods, the status should be seen on the hammer. Could also add an attachment to have the leather handle piece.  

The volnus is a bit underrated imo, but it's not a Thor hammer

2 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Warframe's Loki shows you don't need Marvel for this.

Somewhat ironic since the Warframe Loki seems more Marvel than mythological. 

I've found no mention of mythological Loki having the ability to teleport, go invisible or create decoys. Something that the Marvel Loki does do.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

I've found no mention of mythological Loki having the ability to teleport, go invisible or create decoys. Something that the Marvel Loki does do.

The entire point of Loki is he is a trickster who deceives which is exactly what decoys and invisibility do, they deceive. Marvel didn't invent that.

8 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

DE isn't going put Thor and eliminate Volt's of his job, plus it is copyright right in there which Marvel own "Thor" as title, have a game character name Thor and pretty much that is the all buzz kill zone.  The fact Thor isn't all content is due of region and U.S is next to Canada pretty much the U.S would of have their government march down because of protection agreement of titles uses and all thanks to movie studios, rules of agreement of titles of comic characters (which include side characters, villains, heroes, and non-characters in somewhat).  These papers rules thing are double edge sword either you get cut by the statement or either the other people get cut by it for it is completely is an "Eye for an Eye" so I have to apologize to you for burning your dreams and hope for Thor like frame into the game but its the best for warframe to not get a lawsuit by United State government, unless warframe was able to buy the licenses from Marvel then everything will be A.O.K but the problem is warframe don't consider him a part of Viking's lore story which "Thor" is made up by America which put faults information about Viking's people gods stories telling. The origin was really is just Loki killing Odin basically because he sort of was pretty much wasn't happy for the stories in there is pretty much you'll lose details wtf is going on.

for one a thor frame would be heavily different from volt. second marvel can't own the Norse god thor only their definition of thor you can't realistically own something thats been out there for hundreds of years.  marvel didn't invent the name thor only make their own iteration. for a fun fact check for thor in DC comics. as there is a thor character in DC comics though i don't think it was popular enough. and all you have to do in oder to actually see the proof that thor is not an american made up character is just search thor norse mythology. it will for sure clear all of that thor marvel stuff. 

PS just learned that Thursday apparently originated from thor's day

Edited by maddragonmaster

If it is a mythological Thor, I would not mind. But thunder is already taken. Are thrown weapons usable this days? Anyway, even if Thorframe will be added, there is no guarantee that it will have a hammer.

3 часа назад, DeMonkey сказал:

To be honest, if Loki abilities were closer to his mythological counterpart, Irradiating Disarm would probably affect allies, I do not want to draw you a picture how his distraction ability would work, his kids would be running around as most annoying bosses (bigger then Jordas and probably related to it) and old Limbo would not be the “most annoying frame ever”.

Edited by rand0mname

7 minutes ago, rand0mname said:

I do not want to draw you a picture how his distraction ability would work

And you definitely don't want to draw a picture of Sleipnirs conception.

Some mysteries are best left as is.

9 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

I know you're trolling, but Thor is a badass Nordic god first, trashy american wannabe second.

Marvel can go suck it, noone can copyright Poetic Edda, cause that belongs to Snorri Sturluson, lmao

You know the American made it upright, basically, you can't do jack $##t unless its a fan-made that isn't going be online.  if the developer makes Thor of its likeness basically you are asking the government to step in.  The Government in our country is already stepping into the loot box and pay to win as a gamble already due to the policy and if Marvel discovers you copy Thor as the base on title name basically you are looking for trouble and no I wasn't trolling just stating out the facts.  This is the agreement in all the countries about licenses stuff so on stuff.  plus Edda isn't alive and no it doesn't belong to Snorri no more because due to being dead as well unless they wrote a will about it then Marvel is looking for suing instead.  It is like Disney company for they have bricks of rules of papers and probably Marvel has the same bricks of protection they are hiding behind.  So pretty much no for not going happen that easy.

4 hours ago, maddragonmaster said:

for one a thor frame would be heavily different from volt. second marvel can't own the Norse god thor only their definition of thor you can't realistically own something thats been out there for hundreds of years.  marvel didn't invent the name thor only make their own iteration. for a fun fact check for thor in DC comics. as there is a thor character in DC comics though i don't think it was popular enough. and all you have to do in oder to actually see the proof that thor is not an american made up character is just search thor norse mythology. it will for sure clear all of that thor marvel stuff. 

PS just learned that Thursday apparently originated from thor's day

true true, it is not like the person is alive who wrote the Norse's gods story.  Basically its simple statement this "Thor character" is being licenses which I am surprised that DC and Marvel agreed to each other hands to have tempory licenses.  We did have bunch junk movies take Thor as a different character which thous are untouched but end up losing lots money because due of "Changing lore and not having copyright" this is one way you get away with it.  Pretty much yes I know norse myth but Thor wasn't originally in the story of norse myth, they always speak about him but he doesn't exist the main story for also add on by another person far away land obviously added to the story thor is really is norse gods stuff which noted they don't really have full proof textbook for all they got is the hammer saying either its the blacksmith gods or either they got something random.

Also pretty much everyone is dead so basically what Disney does obviously loot the book titles and same goes for other company (loot the dead). In other words, 1st come is 1st served

Edited by ChaoticEdge

26 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

plus Edda isn't alive

Worth it for this response, lmao. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Poetic Edda is a compilation of poems about Norse mythology. It is in PUBLIC DOMAIN, free for all, as a part of humanity's cultural heritage. I could make a comic about Norse gods, with Thor as the main character that uses a hammer named Mjolnir, right now, and Marvel wouldn't be able to do a single thing.

Get it to your head, Norse mythology is free for all to use however they want, Marvel is just one of the people who chose to use it.

Just now, HugintheCrow said:

Worth it for this response, lmao. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Poetic Edda is a compilation of poems about Norse mythology. It is in PUBLIC DOMAIN, free for all, as a part of humanity's cultural heritage. I could make a comic about Norse gods, with Thor as the main character that uses a hammer named Mjolnir, right now, and Marvel wouldn't be able to do a single thing.

Get it to your head, Norse mythology is free for all to use however they want, Marvel is just one of the people who chose to use it.

The license has limited time you know that right?  So if the person is alive basically they can sue Marvel for taking title Thor unless they sold the agreement to have permanent.  However, like I said if they have will to pass it down for once again not exactly public now for there is a flaw that simple loophole for depending who gets own it get the part-time license and if they have enough money basically they get full on the simple to be keeping type character which to be following lore but different matter ways and if the game follows the lore for Thor which it will be complete mess if they do so then your not copyright it.

10 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

The license has limited time you know that right?

Dude, Norse mythology has no license. It's free, it's historical, public domain piece of culture. You can't copyright it. You just can't. It doesn't matter who you are, how much money you have, or how idiotic your government is.

You cannot claim Marvel owns Thor. People of the Scandinavia own Thor, forever.

I could see a Thor frame, not the himbo Marvel kind though.

High armor and HP, decent energy, no shields. 

Hammer throw that leave a lightning debuff (all skills that hit targets discharge a electricity proc).

Damage buff (increased melee damage and all attacks gain 50% extra electrical damage

Ground slam move that is considered melee and benefits from the mods on your exalted hammer. 

Exalted Hammer. Decent reach with wide arcs and slam attack combos. All hits trigger chain lightning effects. Similar damage to exalted blade. Damage distribution I/P/S 20/10/70% with added electrical damage aswell. Reason for high slash is because it makes sense for hammers in general due to internal bleeding. 25/25 crit/status, 2.0 crit damage.

4 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Dude, Norse mythology has no license. It's free, it's historical, public domain piece of culture. You can't copyright it. You just can't. It doesn't matter who you are, how much money you have, or how idiotic your government is.

You should read the idiots arguing about how Loki is Thor's brother on the American Gods boards. Yikes, never thought there were so many stupid people that thinks Marvel is the canon when it comes to the asa gods.

Marvel is nothing but a fringe (very fringe) interpretation of the whole norse pantheon. Americanized bullcrap.

Edited by SneakyErvin

Just now, HugintheCrow said:

you can't claim thor either existed with the Norse myth that is a problem. 2 things and simple to be, no one claims it, become licenses which countries have it basically is sitting on gold mine there which if the stories originally from those countries they can simply tax them even out the countries which china did it before which they are base on their wukong worldwide unless china pays like warframe to have wukong in the game. Which I don't think you'll have the funding pay thor to be in the game, which therefore if the countries change of law basically pretty much the public get it free of their own country had this then if it is open to other countries basically they would of simple pay licenses whoever use it outside.  Noted don't say the countries are not going put that such thing in-laws when you can add them.

Same as simple to be the future is sitting on dynamite government rules which I find few countries about few things changes type you called idiotic rules basically your just simply you are calling yourself the idiot because of person referring "Thor" from marvel which currently he is referring to now.

23 hours ago, thanosinevitable said:

Thor's hammer

which unknown how Thor's same hammer which he would accidentally be referring the movie Thor for exact copyright strikes for we don't have an exact history of thor hammer looks like. For continue forth for which thor you want to pick.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&q=thor+hammer&chips=q:thor+hammer,g_1:mjolnir:JRG2NDdYdtQ%3D,g_1:viking:-UR4YT2jtqs%3D&usg=AI4_-kTiNVQ1Jz2JdejGQjDHsWqytpgS2g&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjvrpb29q_iAhUCZKwKHWseBzQQ4lYINSgI&biw=1920&bih=966&dpr=1

Good luck finding the real thor hammer which probably this is open to public oh wait there is 1

Spoiler

jpeg

yup that is the only hammer close it, a necklace and no saying about the actually real hammer looks like or described as in like the story of Excalibur for you just clap for wanted hammer or which type your were hoping some picture which your looking at art design made by painter from 1800s

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thor

Which the countries could of charge Disney and other company for uses licenses of the public stories for reading which they paid their already and settled to be.  Then again as explain you an't going get a thor in the game because you requested isn't going happen.

7 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

you can't claim thor either existed with the Norse myth that is a problem.

Look at this man and laugh.

I can't claim a Norse God comes from Norse mythology. Of course I can't. That seems ridiculous.

Zeus is not a Greek god, guys. Jewish God? Not actually Jewish. Jesus Christ the Son of God? Not a God of Christianity, I'm afraid.

11 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

become licenses which countries have it basically is sitting on gold mine there which if the stories originally from those countries they can simply tax them

NO THEY CAN'T. I didn't mean "Scandinavians own Thor so they have the copyright", I meant "Scandinavians have roots from the civilisation that came up with the tradition and history of Thor as a mythological character"

AGAIN: You CANNOT copyright-claim mythology. You can't. I'm not arguing that. I'm educating you.

You cannot obtain, nor hold, rights to mythological characters like gods, heroes, monsters etc.

You know Hydra? That big snake monster with many heads? Tell me how many times you've seen it in totally different movies/ games or anything else. More than once, more than a dozen easily. Why? Because Hydra, as part of greek mythology is free to use by anyone.

Why is Hercules/Heracles everywhere? Cause he's in public domain.

Thor is public domain. Marvel (or anyone else for that matter) can do nothing about it.