The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

handcannons? 🤔

12 minutes ago, GunRaptor9000 said:

Magnus is literally this....

not quite: it's strong, but it's still just an amped up semi-auto. I'm talking a gun that you can fire maybe once a second, if you're lucky, but each shot turns the poor soul unfortunate enough to be targeted into a red mist. we're talking base Opticor with no RoF mods slow, or Daikyu Slow, but with a much bigger payoff.

1 hour ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

tomb finger is close but not really anything bit a kitgun 

id more or less want a specific weapon class

but right concept in function 

Uhhhm...so Sicarus Prime and Euphona Prime...which can wreak utter devastation per shot if modded right...they don’t count?

i would say to pray for Akmagnus Prime, my friend.

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

Warframe Handcannons here: 

@(XB1)Fluffywolf36 Get in 'ere.

AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS I'M FREE

(JOSE CONSECO!)

But no seriously though, I have a large quantity of handcannons! And one target pistol that's on equal footing with the Akvasto Prime. I'mma post them in order of most recent to least. All but the Hiro are Tenno, because... well.... Tenno, revolver, it... it just makes sense.

Naga Gas-Seal Revolver

Spoiler

tenno__naga__hunting_revolver_by_haruaxe

STATS

Damage - 84
        Puncture - 41
        Slash - 28
        Impact - 15

Crit Chance - 26%
Crit multiplier - 2.6x
Status Chance - 14%
Capacity - 7
Reload Time - 1.8s
Fire Rate - 6.0
Trigger - Semi

special mechanics

Integral Suppressor - Waiting 0.8 seconds between shots will silence the next shot fired. This is represented by a charge-like icon within the reticle.
   (NOTE: This is not affected by Lethal Torrent. It just didn’t work. More on that later in artist notes)
Hunter’s Grip - Turns you invisible on stealth kills.
Hunter’s Scope - Scope in by pressing altfire! This adds +25% headshot damage and +25% crit damage.

Silenced hunting revolver with higher damage than the Pandero. But less burst damage because come on. Pandero. It has two gimmicks - one, tap the altfire for extra zoom and some crit and headshot bonuses. Two, pausing for 0.8 seconds between shots (I tried to make this compatible with fire rate mods. But it was just too breakable for what I was going for here) will silence the weapon. You don't need to hold the trigger to charge it, it just automatically happens. As inspired by Doldren's basic revolver in Spacelords. Fun stuff. Read more about it here.

Also yes. This could actually work in real life! Google the Nagant silenced. It's like that, but the size of a BFR revolver.

...Though the absurd reload probably would not, in fact, work. I kiiiiind of cribbed from the Wingman's reload in Titanfall.

Tenno 'Depezador' Prime Hunting Revolver

Spoiler

depezador_prime__2019_rework__by_haruaxe

STATS
Primary Fire
Damage: 69
    slash: 40
    puncture: 11
    impact: 18
Critical Chance: 32%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 13%
Magazine Size: 9 (+1 shotgun)
Fire Rate: 3.4 rounds per second
Reload: 1.4s

Special Traits
Adds +15% critical damage on headshots up to 5 times.

Secondary Fire: 
Damage: 700
    Cold: 453
    Impact: 170
    Puncture: 77
Magazine Size: 1
Fire Rate: N/A
Status Chance: 26%
Critical Chance: 11%
Critical Multiplier: 3.6x
Punch-Through: 1.0m

This is basically a Tenno LeMat revolver. It's slash focused, and it has a high crit multiplier that increases on headshots. You set up devastating combos by stunning enemies with the shotgun altfire. Body shots don't remove charges from the crit combo counter, but misses do. By sheer coincidence this would be a perfect weapon for Doldren from Spacelords. How does that happen.

Read more about it here.

I realize that "3.4 rounds per second" isn't exactly what some of you had in mind for slow, methodical hand cannons, but I added that in solely to frustrate people using this.  Even if you can spam this, well... you probably shouldn't.

Ganymedean 'Hiro' Gyrojet Pistol

Spoiler

ganymede__hiro__tactical_rocket_pistol_b

Stats:

Shared
Crit Chance: 16%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
Magazine Size: 7
Fire Rate: 3.0s
Reload Time: 2.8s
Recoil: NOPE

Primary Fire - Impact
Damage: 129
      Blast: 44
      Slash: 35
      Puncture: 21
      Impact: 29
Radius: 2.6m
Deals 60% of damage on initial hit, 40% in AoE.

Secondary Fire - Airburst 
Damage: 153
     Blast: 108
     Slash: 45
Radius: 4.2m

Holy crap! It shoots rockets! Also they can airburst - which, for all y'alls that don't know, means they explode in midair in close proximity to enemies. This is meant to flush enemies out of cover, and also for laughs. Fun stuff. read more about it here.

Tenno 'Estampida' Revolver

Spoiler

tenno__estampida__revolver_by_haruaxeman

Estampida Stats

Damage: 138
      Impact: 64
      Puncture: 46
      Slash: 28
Crit Chance: 21%
Crit Multiplier: 2.1x
Magazine Size: 6
Fire Rate: 2.6s
Enemy Punch-Through - 1.5m
Object Punch-Through - 0.7m
Reload Time: 3.0s
Non-hitscan

Special traits

1.5x bonus on headshots (Yes, in addition to the normal 2x bonus on headshots. And crits. This isn't affected by mods. I'm not a monster, after all.)
 Increased Zoom

I wanted the Wingman Elite in all its absurd miniature Halo Sniper Rifle glory, with the ricocheting, enemy overpenetrating, high-zooming, headshotting goodness. Also I really wanted to make a version of Vash the Stampede's revolver to add to Mesa, because I've already fashionframed her to look like a Trigun cosplay and I need this like the desert needs the rain. So I did this. 

Its rounds overpenetrate enemies and bounce on hard surfaces. It also has high status, crit, and a damage bonus on headshots.

Read more about it here.

Tenno 'Verdictus' Shotgun Revolver

Spoiler

tenno__verdictus__shotgun_revolver_by_ha

Think of it like a baby puncture-focused drakgoon. Except the projectiles don't drop and only bounce once. I totally forgot I did this until now. There's no stats and it was early work, so it's kinda barebones.

Honorable Mention - the Vlcak Machine Pistol

Spoiler

tenno__vlcak__heavy_machine_pistol_by_ha

STATS

Damage - 45
      21 Impact
      16 slash
      8 puncture
Crit Chance: 26%
Crit Multiplier: 2.4x
Status Chance: 17%
Magazine: 26
Rate Of Fire: 3.8
Recoil: Med-high

Special Traits  - Horizontal recoil.

...I don't know if this counts, but it's about as close as a machine pistol can get to a handcannon. It's the Alternator from Titanfall 2. That's all it is.

Edited by (XB1)Fluffywolf36

18 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Mak, I had no idea you were secretly a Destiny lover. 

Reveal hidden contents

:Mako:

the hand cannons were one of the few things i enjoyed of that game, cinematic were nice as were raids in y1. 

18 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Warframe Handcannons here: 

@(XB1)Fluffywolf36 Get in 'ere.

17 hours ago, (XB1)Fluffywolf36 said:

AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS I'M FREE

(JOSE CONSECO!)

But no seriously though, I have a large quantity of handcannons! And one target pistol that's on equal footing with the Akvasto Prime. I'mma post them in order of most recent to least. All but the Hiro are Tenno, because... well.... Tenno, revolver, it... it just makes sense.

Naga Gas-Seal Revolver

Reveal hidden contents

tenno__naga__hunting_revolver_by_haruaxe

STATS

Damage - 84
        Puncture - 41
        Slash - 28
        Impact - 15

Crit Chance - 26%
Crit multiplier - 2.6x
Status Chance - 14%
Capacity - 7
Reload Time - 1.8s
Fire Rate - 6.0
Trigger - Semi

special mechanics

Integral Suppressor - Waiting 0.8 seconds between shots will silence the next shot fired. This is represented by a charge-like icon within the reticle.
   (NOTE: This is not affected by Lethal Torrent. It just didn’t work. More on that later in artist notes)
Hunter’s Grip - Turns you invisible on stealth kills.
Hunter’s Scope - Scope in by pressing altfire! This adds +25% headshot damage and +25% crit damage.

Silenced hunting revolver with higher damage than the Pandero. But less burst damage because come on. Pandero. It has two gimmicks - one, tap the altfire for extra zoom and some crit and headshot bonuses. Two, pausing for 0.8 seconds between shots (I tried to make this compatible with fire rate mods. But it was just too breakable for what I was going for here) will silence the weapon. You don't need to hold the trigger to charge it, it just automatically happens. As inspired by Doldren's basic revolver in Spacelords. Fun stuff. Read more about it here.

Also yes. This could actually work in real life! Google the Nagant silenced. It's like that, but the size of a BFR revolver.

...Though the absurd reload probably would not, in fact, work. I kiiiiind of cribbed from the Wingman's reload in Titanfall.

Tenno 'Depezador' Prime Hunting Revolver

Reveal hidden contents

depezador_prime__2019_rework__by_haruaxe

STATS
Primary Fire
Damage: 69
    slash: 40
    puncture: 11
    impact: 18
Critical Chance: 32%
Critical Multiplier: 3.0x
Status Chance: 13%
Magazine Size: 9 (+1 shotgun)
Fire Rate: 3.4 rounds per second
Reload: 1.4s

Special Traits
Adds +15% critical damage on headshots up to 5 times.

Secondary Fire: 
Damage: 700
    Cold: 453
    Impact: 170
    Puncture: 77
Magazine Size: 1
Fire Rate: N/A
Status Chance: 26%
Critical Chance: 11%
Critical Multiplier: 3.6x
Punch-Through: 1.0m

This is basically a Tenno LeMat revolver. It's slash focused, and it has a high crit multiplier that increases on headshots. You set up devastating combos by stunning enemies with the shotgun altfire. Body shots don't remove charges from the crit combo counter, but misses do. By sheer coincidence this would be a perfect weapon for Doldren from Spacelords. How does that happen.

Read more about it here.

I realize that "3.4 rounds per second" isn't exactly what some of you had in mind for slow, methodical hand cannons, but I added that in solely to frustrate people using this.  Even if you can spam this, well... you probably shouldn't.

Ganymedean 'Hiro' Gyrojet Pistol

Reveal hidden contents

ganymede__hiro__tactical_rocket_pistol_b

Stats:

Shared
Crit Chance: 16%
Crit Multiplier: 2.0x
Magazine Size: 7
Fire Rate: 3.0s
Reload Time: 2.8s
Recoil: NOPE

Primary Fire - Impact
Damage: 129
      Blast: 44
      Slash: 35
      Puncture: 21
      Impact: 29
Radius: 2.6m
Deals 60% of damage on initial hit, 40% in AoE.

Secondary Fire - Airburst 
Damage: 153
     Blast: 108
     Slash: 45
Radius: 4.2m

Holy crap! It shoots rockets! Also they can airburst - which, for all y'alls that don't know, means they explode in midair in close proximity to enemies. This is meant to flush enemies out of cover, and also for laughs. Fun stuff. read more about it here.

Tenno 'Estampida' Revolver

Reveal hidden contents

tenno__estampida__revolver_by_haruaxeman

Estampida Stats

Damage: 138
      Impact: 64
      Puncture: 46
      Slash: 28
Crit Chance: 21%
Crit Multiplier: 2.1x
Magazine Size: 6
Fire Rate: 2.6s
Enemy Punch-Through - 1.5m
Object Punch-Through - 0.7m
Reload Time: 3.0s
Non-hitscan

Special traits

1.5x bonus on headshots (Yes, in addition to the normal 2x bonus on headshots. And crits. This isn't affected by mods. I'm not a monster, after all.)
 Increased Zoom

I wanted the Wingman Elite in all its absurd miniature Halo Sniper Rifle glory, with the ricocheting, enemy overpenetrating, high-zooming, headshotting goodness. Also I really wanted to make a version of Vash the Stampede's revolver to add to Mesa, because I've already fashionframed her to look like a Trigun cosplay and I need this like the desert needs the rain. So I did this. 

Its rounds overpenetrate enemies and bounce on hard surfaces. It also has high status, crit, and a damage bonus on headshots.

Read more about it here.

Tenno 'Verdictus' Shotgun Revolver

Reveal hidden contents

tenno__verdictus__shotgun_revolver_by_ha

Think of it like a baby puncture-focused drakgoon. Except the projectiles don't drop and only bounce once. I totally forgot I did this until now. There's no stats and it was early work, so it's kinda barebones.

Honorable Mention - the Vlcak Machine Pistol

Reveal hidden contents

tenno__vlcak__heavy_machine_pistol_by_ha

STATS

Damage - 45
      21 Impact
      16 slash
      8 puncture
Crit Chance: 26%
Crit Multiplier: 2.4x
Status Chance: 17%
Magazine: 26
Rate Of Fire: 3.8
Recoil: Med-high

Special Traits  - Horizontal recoil.

...I don't know if this counts, but it's about as close as a machine pistol can get to a handcannon. It's the Alternator from Titanfall 2. That's all it is.

fluff when you gib ?

17 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Uhhhm...so Sicarus Prime and Euphona Prime...which can wreak utter devastation per shot if modded right...they don’t count?

i would say to pray for Akmagnus Prime, my friend.

rip 

14 hours ago, seprent said:

Related image
bang
on topic i think the marelok is also a hand cannon 

it is a big gun , and does good damage . but id say if handcannons were a thing wouldnt they be a primary over a secondary . then youd be able to have marelok and a hand Cannon on same build 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

the hand cannons were one of the few things i enjoyed of that game, cinematic were nice as were raids in y1. 

18 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

I loved those things! I have very fond memories of the Painted Big Chief 45, the TFWPKY 1969, and - of course - THORN.

I like Thorn.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

it is a big gun , and does good damage . but id say if handcannons were a thing wouldnt they be a primary over a secondary . then youd be able to have marelok and a hand Cannon on same build 

now i want a duel marelok personally grineer have my favorite aesthetic big bulky ballistic  fire arms like their arch gun is literally a flak cannon we stole but somehow the tusk gunners have a micro version i would love to steal besides that i love most of their melee weapons we could really use more sheild utility from our melee weapons kinda do what the shield lancers do id be game for a big slow firing pistol that basically a mini ogris, big hammer and a big shield melee weapon, and or a rotational chain gun since the grineer have augmentation granted necessary to live but also they can modify themselves to hold up big brawn weapons easily and jet powered things are amazing and you cannot change my mind 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Not for me.

Secondaries IMO should be small and discrete...preferably with a high rate of fire, to make up for lack of stopping power.

We've already got grenade launcher and shotgun primaries for the kind of thing OP describes.

but those are a different weapon. and stoping enemies with a pistol is more for fun and preference and isnt warframe about customizing and playing in your own way?

18 minutes ago, seprent said:

now i want a duel marelok personally grineer have my favorite aesthetic big bulky ballistic  fire arms like their arch gun is literally a flak cannon we stole but somehow the tusk gunners have a micro version i would love to steal besides that i love most of their melee weapons we could really use more sheild utility from our melee weapons kinda do what the shield lancers do id be game for a big slow firing pistol that basically a mini ogris, big hammer and a big shield melee weapon, and or a rotational chain gun since the grineer have augmentation granted necessary to live but also they can modify themselves to hold up big brawn weapons easily and jet powered things are amazing and you cannot change my mind 

i kinda want to see grineer with this now

18 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

not quite: it's strong, but it's still just an amped up semi-auto. I'm talking a gun that you can fire maybe once a second, if you're lucky, but each shot turns the poor soul unfortunate enough to be targeted into a red mist. we're talking base Opticor with no RoF mods slow, or Daikyu Slow, but with a much bigger payoff.

My Akmagnus (and Aklex for that matter) usually get the job done.

The Opticor sounds intriguing...but I'll just have to wait to get my MR up before I can get one...