Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Can we be allowed to jump when the Sol Gate is open? It's quite annoying that you are stuck unable to jump when that is active while Chroma can jump when spewing Spectral Scream. I can understand being unable to jump with Revenant but FFS Sol Gate is essentially a gun you can't stop firing, not a disco laser.

That being said, Reservoirs is much better than I thought it would be. Not my favourite ability, but it works well enough.

Wisp's laser works fine. I wonder what the Revenant style overcharge does, I didn't notice anyone dying faster when using it.

Have not needed to use the teleport when levelling Wisp, but I should try it in spy.

Dunno what her 3 really does though. The effect seems so minor.

Edited by Guest

41 minutes ago, brimiste said:

As of now Wisp is quite fun to play with, but could it be possible for her special floating animation to be used when having the melee weapon or the archgun out? It feels so weird to see her walking at these times.

I'm sure that's just a bug - the melee animation must override any special animations, and they didn't think of that when they implemented it. It's certainly weird lookin', though. 

36 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Can we be allowed to jump when the Sol Gate is open? It's quite annoying that you are stuck unable to jump when that is active while Chroma can jump when spewing Spectral Scream. I can understand being unable to jump with Revenant but FFS Sol Gate is essentially a gun you can't stop firing, not a disco laser.

That being said, Reservoirs is much better than I thought it would be. Not my favourite ability, but it works well enough.

Wisp's laser works fine. I wonder what the Revenant style overcharge does, I didn't notice anyone dying faster when using it.

Have not needed to use the teleport when levelling Wisp, but I should try it in spy.

The teleport is pretty cool, but I forget it's there, and since there are two or three ways to use it, things move too fast sometimes for me to think "In this situation, I shall use this method of teleporting!" 

Her 3 seems like little more than some light CC for a few nearby enemies, but I haven't finished leveling her or modding, so maybe it does cooler stuff then. 

7 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Her 3 seems like little more than some light CC for a few nearby enemies, but I haven't finished leveling her or modding, so maybe it does cooler stuff then.

Here's what I've noticed about it. 

It blinds the enemies in its radius, which is why I say she's a good melee frame. If you attack the blinded enemies, you get a weaker Pax Seeker effect from it. 

If you're aiming at a Reservoir while you press 3, you teleport to it, and the blind radius is much larger if you do this. 

I think there's a limit on how often the Pax Seeker bolts can happen, but I'll have to test it more to see what it does. 

1 minute ago, Gurpgork said:

Here's what I've noticed about it. 

It blinds the enemies in its radius, which is why I say she's a good melee frame. If you attack the blinded enemies, you get a weaker Pax Seeker effect from it. 

If you're aiming at a Reservoir while you press 3, you teleport to it, and the blind radius is much larger if you do this. 

I think there's a limit on how often the Pax Seeker bolts can happen, but I'll have to test it more to see what it does. 

Huh, interesting. I've got a lot of experimentation to do with this warframe it seems!

I was pretty #*!%ing skeptical and indifferent at first. Now I am very pleasantly surprised and happy with my *very* brief experience playing her so far. 

She's incredibly fun to play, versatile, feels strong enough to hold her own, while not being overpowering (so won't kill everything in the room, thus stealing all the fun) 

I love that you changed the interaction between breach surge and the motes, to allow her to teleport to them instead. This is going to be so strategically and logistically useful for large maps, or maps with objectives!!!  (I do wish that teleporting to the motes didn't require direct LoS though)

I also like that you still allowed us to use breach surge as an AoE when used with Will-o-wisp, or use it as a crowd control/damage amp. THAT WAS GENIUS.

Whoever came up with these suggestions did a great job. She feel so satisfying to use!!!

Finally, the damage modifies, and corrosive element that the motes add to her Sol Gate, are pretty f-ing satisfying. I love that you're allowing us to have more than one damage type (both Heat and Radiation are weaker/ less popular individually except when fighting set specific enemies, but together, they become very versatile and viable for multiple situations!) but also allowing us to add a corrosive component, to help us manage against the ever-increasing armor scaling !!! (though i've yet to try it against enemies above lvl 100, so idk how well it works at that enemy scale)

You guys did an awesome and exquisite job with her design, and how she *feels* to play. She's beautiful (And Booty-full), flud, has very interesting dynamics which all sync together very nicely, and she has a lot of hidden/obscure lore/myth elements to her concept.  She's my new favorite!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thank you guys! (And for all the other players who helped the devs with their ideas & suggestions to make her mobile while still keeping her concept and fluidity, thank you guys as well)

You guys really did an amazing job with her. 

P.S. I hope you guys continue to us the new inspiration/success/ideas/concepts you've used and learned when creating Wisp, for other new warframe designs or potential reworks (like Titania, Vauban, or Ember)

Edited by Maka.Bones

1 hour ago, Raso719 said:

Anyone know if a full squad of Whisps can buff each other's Sol Gate with massive amounts of damage buffs or do you only get buffed from your own mote boys? 

You can only get buffed by one of each type of buff at a time.  Doesn't matter if it's yours or another wisps.  They don't stack with other wisp motes.

13 minutes ago, CeejAttack said:

You can only get buffed by one of each type of buff at a time.  Doesn't matter if it's yours or another wisps.  They don't stack with other wisp motes.

It would be pretty sick if it could work that way though. Increase the cost of E/s, but also allow to exponentially increase DPS briefly :v

She should have amazing synergy with ember, Novo, and Octavia though. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

21 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Huh, interesting. I've got a lot of experimentation to do with this warframe it seems!

You can also use her 3, with her 2 (Will-o-wisp) and make it explode as an AoE. It seems like a great way to fish enemies with dynamite, if you know what i mean. ;D

4 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

It would be pretty sick if it could work that way though. Increase the cost of E/s, but also allow to exponentially increase DPS briefly :v

She should have amazing synergy with ember, Novo, and Octavia though. 

She's already so powerful.  The buffs are really awesome already.  I feel like if they stacked, she would just be OP and they'd have to nerf her anyways.  I feel like there will be some amazing synergy with other frames though.  Gonna be fun to test them all out over time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:

You're right, you can't jump while channeling, but you can use her will-o-wisp ability to teleport upward if you wanted to.  You'd just have to aim that way with your reticle.  Kind of a work around

Wisp Kit is really cool, especially her 1, except Sol Gate seems very lackluster in the amount of damage it deals. Pretty much any of my better weapons outdamage it by a lot, Especially against heavy armored targets but also against every other beefy target it needs faster tickrate with this damage, especially with the high energy drain the ability has. It deserves more of a punch considering it's the sun that we are channeling.

the frame is gorgeous

i have 2 issue

SOL GATE  her 4 is not that good imo, why should i use this instead of what ever 'insert cleaner weapon aoe low content' or even my catchmoon, i think you should buff the damage output by twice (or the tickrate think like multishot on beam weapon) and increase the duration cost its cost way too low and i don't want to see this frame ending has a low nuker content like ember pre rework.

BREACH SURGE too much low number for the status chance  making only viable for beam weapon or condition overload build (shock mote) even with ton of ability strength + its quite bugged actually the blind duration is not affected in game, i have 40sec on UI screen but in game enemy get blind like 7sec

overall im pleased about this warframe but i think her 4 & 3 need some tweek 

Edited by Hex-Maniac

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Datam4ss:

Jumping would look pretty dumb. Imagine a bunnyhopping little thing with a firebeamlaser in her arms. 

We can actually roll and use her decoy to get higher ground.

Ok, after playing her a bit more, I can say:

1. Reservoirs are bae AF. They can let you camp, or you can drop em when you need em. The health buff is quite good because it also regenerates HP. Coupled with Adaptation and Arcane Guardian, I never really found myself in trouble even without support from Magus Repair. The Shock reservoir is lol AF but the Speed Reservoir is also good.

2. Wisp's 2 seems more as a mobility tool that needs some preplanning or a panic invincibility. Since I never got into a life threatening situation thanks to the health reservoir and Adaptation, I have not used it as a panic button.

3. Breach Surge does blind enemies and is some minor CC. Haven't tried if it opens to finishers, though.

4. Wisp's 4 is just good. It comes full circle and turns her into the infested Warframe version of Anime Waifu. So, it gets a pass, especially because with the motes flying around the portal and the way the whole thing shoots.

7 minutes ago, DarkPlugin said:

Jumping would look pretty dumb. Imagine a bunnyhopping little thing with a firebeamlaser in her arms. 

We can actually roll and use her decoy to get higher ground.

I know that. But QoL is QoL, even if it looks silly.

Being able to jump and bullet jump would make navigation a lot easier.

10 minutes ago, Hex-Maniac said:

SOL GATE  her 4 is not that good imo, why should i use this instead of what ever 'insert cleaner weapon aoe low content' or even my catchmoon, i think you should buff the damage output by twice (or the tickrate think like multishot on beam weapon) and increase the duration cost its cost way too low and i don't want to see this frame ending has a low nuker content like ember pre rework.

Have you tried holding down the left click when the Sol Gate is open and with all 3 motes? Just curious because like Revenant, Wisp CAN overcharge the beam for more DPS and higher consumption.

Then again, I won't ever say no to more damage.

Anyway, one gripe I do have:

fwtsSeE.jpgDE can you not burn my eyeballs?

Thanks to those 2 guys for putting up with my nonsense, Kudos to them.

When I get a double XP day and put in the next two Formas expect me to have a new opinion.

Edited by Guest

I have to say, I'm enjoying Wisp far more than I thought I would. I only have two issues with her so far, and both involve her 1 skill.

1: The pods are too large, honestly. They stand as tall as Wisp herself, and visually get in the way a lot.

2: She's another frame that has no mitigation abilities. The increased health from her 1 would be far more useful as a damage mit, making her able to do high level content in a way other than "don't get shot EVER". Mitigate completely trumps health, and has for quite a long time. Hope you don't plan on using her 4 in a map above 75, lol. Standing still for her is absolutely fatal.

Other than those two issues, I think she's absolutely great. I love popping her speed booster and just burning down hallways without even needing to bullet jump to keep up with allies.

Edited by Riger82

30 minutes ago, CeejAttack said:

She's already so powerful.  The buffs are really awesome already.  I feel like if they stacked, she would just be OP and they'd have to nerf her anyways.  I feel like there will be some amazing synergy with other frames though.  Gonna be fun to test them all out over time.

True. I'd only want it for shennanigans though, not for actual serious gameplay (like an URF mode) because of the exact same reason. She's already at the sweet spot of being fun, strong, and not too strong that she'll steal all the fun or in any potential imminent nerf threat. 

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:

her 3 has several uses... it's a multi-layered ability.

1)When used by itself, it blinds enemies and amplifies damage done to those targets

2) It can be used to teleport to a placed mote, thus allowing for higher mobility (just aim at a mote, and press it when you see the reticle change shape)

3) When aiming at Will-o-wisp (her 2) you can create an AoE explosion. So it combo's with will-o-wisp to lure enemies in, then blow them up. 

6 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

True. I'd only want it for shennanigans though, not for actual serious gameplay (like an URF mode) because of the exact same reason. She's already at the sweet spot of being fun, strong, and not too strong that she'll steal all the fun or in any potential imminent nerf threat. 

Would be really fun if they could add something like that to the simulacrum for us to make fun balance changes in there.  Like allowing mote to stack on each other.  Just to mess around and have fun with your friends.  I imagine that would be a really difficult thing to implement, though.  But still a cool idea regardless. 

Although, now we're getting off topic.  Probably should keep this thread for wisp feedback only.  Would need to carry this conversation over to General.

Edited by CeejAttack
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Wisp Kit is really cool, especially her 1, except Sol Gate seems very lackluster in the amount of damage it deals. Pretty much any of my better weapons outdamage it by a lot, Especially against heavy armored targets but also against every other beefy target it needs faster tickrate with this damage, especially with the high energy drain the ability has. It deserves more of a punch considering it's the sun that we are channeling.

21 minutes ago, Hex-Maniac said:

BREACH SURGE too much low number for the status chance  making only viable for beam weapon or condition overload build (shock mote) even with ton of ability strength + its quite bugged actually the blind duration is not affected in game, i have 40sec on UI screen but in game enemy get blind like 7sec

overall im pleased about this warframe but i think her 4 & 3 need some tweek 

Have you guys tried using Sol Gate with the mote buffs, and modding for ability STR (including corrupted mods)?  i have a feeling that it's not supposed to do large amounts of single target damage, unless you leave it on them for a few seconds. It seems better as an ability to clear multiple weaker enemies. Yeah a strong primary is really hard to beat. I like it as it is though, but maye a faster tick rate could help. 

as far as Breach Surge, that ability has 3 different uses.

1)It's used to blind and amplify damage

2) it's used to teleport to motes

3) it's used to create an AoE explosion when targeting Will-o-wisp.

Edited by Maka.Bones

Gerade eben schrieb Maka.Bones:

Have you guys tried using Sol Gate with the mote buffs, and modding for ability STR (including corrupted mods)  i have a feeling that it's not supposed to do large amounts of single target damage, unless you leave it on them for a few seconds. It seems better as an ability to clear multiple weaker enemies. Yeah a strong primary is really hard to beat. I like it as it is though, but maye a faster tick rate could help. 

as far as Breach Surge, that ability has 3 different uses.

1)It's used to blind and amplify damage

2) it's used to teleport to motes

3) it's used to create an AoE explosion when targeting Will-o-wisp.

I have used it with all 3 motes, 235% strength and with placing breach surge on enemies before using sol gate. It just doesnt tick fast enough to do real damage.

11 minutes ago, Riger82 said:

1: The pods are too large, honestly. They stand as tall as Wisp herself, and visually get in the way a lot.

2: She's another frame that has no mitigation abilities. The increased health from her 1 would be far more useful as a damage mit, making her able to do high level content in a way other than "don't get shot EVER". Mitigate completely trumps health, and has for quite a long time. Hope you don't plan on using her 4 in a map above 75, lol. Standing still for her is absolutely fatal.

I like the size, because it makes it easier to see/target from a distance with her 3 (also easier for teammates to find). Though an alternativemight be smaller solid model but add some particle effects to make it both easier to spot while keeping a small profile?

Health is death mitigation though. It gives her a high amount of HP regen. I will agree that it would be nice to have a small amount (20%?) of damage reduction, but i'm not really convinced she needs it. With the HP she gets, it might become "TOO OP"