Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(The Jovian Concord: Update 25) Wisp Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Other than the visuals on her 4, I don't think Wisp really needs any changes.

One thing I might suggest is a single Reservoir instead of 3 cycles, that act all as one. This seems to be how everyone is using her, but then again, perhaps we just haven't explored all the possibilities. So for now, probably best to leave it as is.

In general, however, she's great but not overpowered. I have 2 builds for her at the moment. One is a blend of healing and simple crowd control, while the other is more focused on healing. The difference is duration vs range. Both are primarily built around Reservoir.

Reservoir Builds:

The first build has a higher range, and allows for the Shock Mote to stun enemies as you zip around, which is incredibly useful. However, the reservoir effect only lasts 46 seconds, which is pretty solid, but the build relies on taking damage from enemies to gain energy, so you have to be tactical with your reservoir placement. The first build is pictured behind the first spoiler below. The health buff is 537 with 53.7 hp/s regen. Solid, but not overwhelming. I also had to use an umbra forma and sacrifice any armor in order to do this. Balanced.

Spoiler

9b2Pela.png

The second build I run is a pure healer. More power strength and duration, but completely sacrifice my range. This really takes a toll on the shock effect, as you will only really have the shock crowd control when you're very close to enemies (14m), if you even decide to use it. In this case, I find it's more useful to use only the Vitality Mote and keep them at tactical locations, so your squad can benefit from the heal. The effect lasts longer (67 seconds) and has a slightly higher heal (597 hp with 59.7 hp/s regen). Much better duration, but you sacrifice the crowd control and your own base health. Again, balanced.

Spoiler

mzZ2it3.png

Other Abilities:

Her other abilities come into play a bit for my builds. Wil-O-Wisp can be helpful for the healer build to draw fire away, since I have lower base health, while Breach Surge is more useful on the higher range build. The damage multiplier is nice, but the main use for this is crowd control after the brief stun from Shock Mote wears off.

Haste Mote is pretty neat. A slight speed boost is nice, but nothing close to having a volt in your squad. The fire rate buff is cool too, and can be pretty useful.

In general, I don't much use Sol Gate. I feel like it is underwhelming and frankly I just don't have the energy capacity to use it in most cases. Perhaps this could get a slight buff?

I do also think it would be cool if we could somehow teleport to her resevoirs without looking directly at them, but that seems overpowered.

In short, I love these builds. They're useful but not overly powerful. Playing them requires tactical placement and attention to your team. Wisp is not a tank by any means, and her heal is not overwhelming, but it is helpful and she is a great addition to the squad for improving your team's survivabilitiy.

New favorite Warframe. Well done!

Edits: mostly formatting

Edited by Deadpool-Umbra
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Weapons are stat sticks and have always out performed most damage based abilities for quite some time now.

peacemaker exists so its just a bad excuse 😕

3 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Having the green buffs lets you do corrosive procs with sol gate.  So it might be "worse" against ferrite armor but you can more than make up for that with her kit's synergies and holding the damage button.

i quite literally referenced the motes effects on sol gates pay more attention, its still not enough, why waste 400 energy using sol gate to kill tough armored enemies when i can use an amprex, ignis or synoid gammacor that do more dmg, strip armor better, kill faster and use (very abundant) ammo instead of energy?

if sol gate worked like post-rework beams while retaining its current dmg/tick it'd be really strong, but that currently isnt the case, its a weird laser that seems to fuction like pre-rework beams

another issue: its really tough to see while using it

Hello!!

I've being playing with WISP, and i have to say:

- She needs MORE EXCLUSIVE ANIMATIONS!!

1- Aim walk, she doens't have feets, so the normal animation does NOT FIT ON HER! she should levitate or something

2- Crouching animation! again, she does NOT have feets/legs, so the current animation does not make any sense

3-  Bullet jump animation! a consequence of the crouching animation

4- MELEE and DUAL WIELDING ANIMATION, when in this mode, she will have the same animations that others warframes (they have legs, she don't), it's VERY weird to see that animations on her!

That's all! thanks!

Edited by curvelo
Missclick the send button

14 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

peacemaker exists so its just a bad excuse 😕

Not really.  If peacemaker is the only exalted weapon that drastically outperforms standard weapons then it's the exception not the rule.

14 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

i quite literally referenced the motes effects on sol gates pay more attention, its still not enough, why waste 400 energy using sol gate to kill tough armored enemies when i can use an amprex, ignis or synoid gammacor that do more dmg, strip armor better, kill faster and use (very abundant) ammo instead of energy?

if sol gate worked like post-rework beams while retaining its current dmg/tick it'd be really strong, but that currently isnt the case, its a weird laser that seems to fuction like pre-rework beams

another issue: its really tough to see while using it

That's my bad but no need to be rude.  I'd personally like to see your build and a sample clip because that sounds like an outrageous claim.

Just now, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Not really.  If peacemaker is the only exalted weapon that drastically outperforms standard weapons then it's the exception not the rule.

exalted blade, dex pixia(the sword sucks tho), if we count khoras wip and atlas fists, them too(tho they are a stretch), hysteria does work too

That's my bad but no need to be rude.  I'd personally like to see your build and a sample clip because that sounds like an outrageous claim.

just get over 200% strength and compare it to a decently built beam weapon or even smth like a baza or a kit gun, dont forget that sol gate has godawful crit chance

dont forget that super high STR will mean higher energy cost for sol gate due to lower efficiency and/or duration increasing channeling cost

again: if it ticked as fast as post-rework beams while keeping current dmg/per tick(or at least close to it) Sol Gate would be really damn good

2 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

exalted blade, dex pixia(the sword sucks tho), if we count khoras wip and atlas fists, them too(tho they are a stretch), hysteria does work too

k now i'm confused because I originally understood you to mean that only peace maker outperformed standard weps.

2 minutes ago, TKDancer said:

just get over 200% strength and compare it to a decently built beam weapon or even smth like a baza or a kit gun, dont forget that sol gate has godawful crit chance

dont forget that super high STR will mean higher energy cost for sol gate due to lower efficiency and/or duration increasing channeling cost

again: if it ticked as fast as post-rework beams while keeping current dmg/per tick(or at least close to it) Sol Gate would be really damn good

I'm on console so I don't have her yet.  i'm only going off of what i've seen around the net.  I'm not questioning it's ability to kill versus weapons.  I was questioning needing 400 energy with it's buffs and holding the fire button to kill a high level ferrite enemy.

I was questioning needing 400 energy with it's buffs and holding the fire button to kill a high level ferrite enemy.

its less "U NEED MAX STR TO EVEN HURT ENEMIES" and more, a normal build will struggle to see sol gate as worth using over weapons after like level 60 or so, specially vs grineer, keeping in mind i'm considering ~200% str "normal" here, which is being really over-generous

k now i'm confused because I originally understood you to mean that only peace maker outperformed standard weps.

it was just the best example of strong exalted weapon that came to mind, plus both are a direction blast of dmg, tho one's a (fake) beam, the other is bullets

Honestly, so far the only ability of hers I don't really like is Sol Gate, because it doesn't scale.

Reservoir buffs are very strong for the duration and ease of use they offer. Blue one isn't that great as a reservoir, but pretty decent as a mote.

Will-o-wisp could be faster, but it combines great with Breach Surge as is.

Breach Surge is decent. It's not Radial Blind, but you can throw it around a corner with will-o-wisp, and there's some damage amplification and rad procs.

Sol Gate generally meh, but at least it has a lot of punch through (maybe even infinite?). Good at clearing hidden trash.

I'm loving Wisp, but noticed one thing; Can't Breach to my pods if they're in a snow globe. Intended? (Seems the problem is they're untargetable)

It's probably the first frame I consistently use all of the kit. Well, not Sol Gate as much. Ref. what someone said about the damage ticks. It FEELS like it's not doing a lot of damage when it LOOKS like it should wipe everything off the map. 

14 minutes ago, IceVamp said:

I'm loving Wisp, but noticed one thing; Can't Breach to my pods if they're in a snow globe. Intended? (Seems the problem is they're untargetable)

It's probably the first frame I consistently use all of the kit. Well, not Sol Gate as much. Ref. what someone said about the damage ticks. It FEELS like it's not doing a lot of damage when it LOOKS like it should wipe everything off the map. 

Glad you're getting full use out of the kit! What are your main uses for the will-o-wisp ability? Like I said I don't like how I'm stuck standing still while its casting and it can be a bit hard to tell exactly where its at sometimes.

She is kind of fun to use, but I do agree that Sol Gate feels a bit weak for all of its blinding glory. Personally, I wish that her animation sets applied that floating effect to other Warframe Running Animations. Also, does anyone else think that other Warframes feet look weird with her animation sets?

It's still a bit early for me to give great feedback. I have 5 forma on her, only once in Hydron. I've only done one mission above level 70 with her so far. But, would still like to give initial impressions. I'm going to be mentioning two other frames because I think it's important for DE to apply their knowledge to older frames.

TL;DR Most improved frame from reveal to launch. More enjoyable than I thought, but still some issues with her. 

Theme!

When she was first revealed, I was so excited! I love the ghost aesthetic in media, it's my second favorite "theme" of all time. I do mono-ghost runs on Pokemon and even was a gym leader on two occasions for a Pokemon board. I love ghost videos for fun. I still don't think I'm in the wrong for thinking a frame named Wisp that floats around and looks very ghost-like would have been a ghost. She isn't. BUT! I do see what her theme is. Maybe I'm just giving DE an easy excuse, but I guess she's an amalgamation. That's why her theme feels so all-over.  It's suppose to be a mixture. In Wisp's case, it seems to mix portal with ghost to give that "will-o-wisp" theme. I'm still very slightly upset that we didn't get a super spooky ghost frame. I called her "worse than Revenant" and I now disagree with that. She's better!  

Abilities

1. Reservoir. This is basically what Tribute for Titania should have been. All three buffs are useful, has a pick-up radius, affected by mods, and is much easier to use. It also shows how slow and poor Vauban's kit can be. Setting up 6 motes is way faster than Vauban setting up his traps. And! Wisp's motes last forever. Quicker, easier, and stronger. I hope Vauban's rework considers this. The ability is much better than I thought when Rebecca showed it off on the stream. The buffs are actually impactful. They're also just fun! The synergy with her three that I'll talk about is also huge. I would suggest little numbers near the ability wheel to show many of each type of mote we have. Maybe I'm missing where it shows that. 

2. Wil-o-Wisp. This is a fun ability! It's really satisfying to send a wisp in one direction, kill some goons in a different direction, pop her third ability, then teleport to your wisp and start stomping on some more goons. It goes a long ways to removing any downtime (however low in Warframe) between goons. I really enjoy the thought of this ability and the uses. Sometimes I teleport to a place where there are no enemies. Sometimes into a wall or the wisp got stuck on a small ledge. Still, really enjoy this. 

3. Breach Surge. This deserves an award for "most improved ability" or something. I seriously thought it was the worse ability I've ever seen in a Warframe preview. Forced dependency with little effect. It looked so bad when revealed! The version we got in-game is honestly amazing. Like her second ability, I love love love teleporting. This adds to that! Setting up motes in strategic places for teleportation is one of the most gratifying feelings. Combined with her 2 you can really be anywhere you want to be. The effect it gives is also really nice! It doesn't just clear maps with little effort like some frames do. It just rewards shooting goons. I think more abilities should follow this example. Enhanced gameplay rather than dominant gameplay. 

4. Sol Gate. I spoke about really disliking this ability and asked that if they removed it from Wisp to not give it Ember. I get the whole "praise the sun" joke. After playing Wisp, I find that I still don't like it. It's better than I thought it would be. Able to use her 2nd ability and having the chance to speed yourself up by not holding down left-click are great. It's still a channeled ability that I don't want to use. I'd rather be teleporting around. When you have all your motes up and enemies are affected by Breach Surge, it deals pretty decent damage. More than I thought it would! But, I can also just shoot the enemy and not have to worry about slowing myself down or spending energy. I do think it needs to tick damage just a bit faster. Even at the slight cost of damage. It does slow down gameplay quite a bit. I still use it occasionally in hopes something clicks. In the Simulacrum where I don't have to worry about dodging or anything, it does kill level 120 heavies in just a couple of seconds. So does most weapons in Warframe. 

5. Passive. Her passive is pretty nifty. It doesn't work as well as I hoped with the new mods (a lot of that falls on the mods), but it can still be useful for escaping a tricky situation by just jumping around. Which is great since that's what you do in Warframe, anyways! The animation is nice since I like being shiny and really didn't like the animation for it on the stream. 

So! I think Wisp is probably the most improved frame we've received. Her theme makes more sense to me even though I'm still not 100% on board. Teleportation is so fun. Her channeled 4 still isn't fun to me, but that may change as I get better with using her 2. I also want to mention that I run with rank 3 Energize, so I have no idea what her energy situation is like. I hope she serves as a standard for future frames and reworks due to her synergy and fluid play. Titania and Vauban would benefit greatly from lessons learned! I hope she gets more unique animations but understand if DE considers that part of her finished with. I also hope to see more unique animations in the future! Such as having Wukong more agile walking/running. 

As for the future of Wisp in my game, I'm not sure if I'll still be using her like a month or so from now when the new car feeling is gone. She isn't nearly as bad as I thought she would be, but let's not get ahead of ourselves! I do plan to keep playing for quite a bit. 

Edit: I do understand not giving her unique animations for melee. That would be a ton of work in order to make it look right with each stance. I do really hope to see a unique aiming animation in the future. It's kind of strange to being aiming and seeing Wisp bounce like she's walking. Not a big deal at all. But, would be nice to see. Thank you for all the work! 

Edited by Banette

Alright, wisp is amazing, but she could be even better! She has one HUUUGE downside... cosmetically: any bright color will completly blind you when using her sun beam... abd that's it really...

Now for some improvements! 

Will-o-wisp: range mods increase the speed of the ghost, making you wait less and giving the ability that little bit of quickness that would elevate it to greatest movement ability ever (not counting nova, that's cheating!)

Breach surge: opening enemies to finishers would make this ability top tier, especially with a dagger

Sol gate: damage is good, feels amazing to use, buuuuut.... come on... it's a beam of pure sun energy... it needs punch trought!

Conclusion: wisp is a great success! With small buffs, she'll be able to enter the meta without much resistance!

• Like 1

Let me start out by saying how much I really like this Warframe. Here are just a few improvement I think could be made to her as QoL changes.

1. The lighting on her 4 is blinding. I was able to make it semi-comfortable by changing one of my energy colors to black and the other to a super dark purple, but anything lighter is impossible to aim with.

2. When she's airborne and her passive kicks in or when she casts her 2, I can't really tell she's invisible. I would like to see a little more clarity for when she's invisible by making her disappear a bit more.

3. Her 4 is amazing, but the damage lacks satisfaction. I would like to see its damage tick faster. I think it deals damage 2 times a second right now, I would like to see it deal damage about 4-times a second. You would probably need to nerf the damage as to not unintentionally double her damage (and consequently her scaling). I think the damage output right now is comfortable, it just needs to tick more often to help take down nullifier bubbles and just overall feel more satisfying.

4. I've noticed the little number over her 1's ability symbol in her ability bar that states how many reservoirs are deployed sometimes disappears. I haven't yet found out how/when, but they sometimes do. I would also like to see the original UI that was shown way back when she was first teased that showed 6 circles that filled in with the corresponding color when they were cast. Then you could easily tell how many you have deployed, what kinds they are, and which kind will be replaced when you cast a new one.

Thank you so much for such an awesome and beautiful frame!

Really like Wisp so far tho have some issues with her 3 and 4

3rd Skill:

- Low damage, there is a working version of that skill tho: Pax Seaker. Kitgun arcane. Just make the damage similar or higher (as this is Warframe skill) and in case you would say buffing the skill would be too op. Pax Seaker can proc every head shot and you spend no energy on it and kitguns have lots of ammo. If this is balanced, Wisp's 3rd ability can be stronger defenietly. Or just add blind or stun for the enemies.

- Even if it does damage animations are... little so its hard to say if the skill actually worked or not. Pax Seaker gives loud sound indicator and projectiles are visible, with Wisp's 3... im not sure if the skill even worked when I use it tbh.

4th Skill:

- Damage is too low

- Ticks of damage need to be more Frequent

- Animation makes it hard to see enemies, so you just blast it in front of you hoping you will hit something

To sum up... I really like Wisp and her design. She just need some number tweaks and animations Tweaks as said above. Tho I must say, bravo animation team you did an amazing job! I spend a lot of time in captura watching her animations in slow mo, especially when she TPs to her Buff thingies with her 3. 10/10 animations, just with 4 too flashy and with 3 to little so would like to see little tweaks to them as well as some number tweaks.

Thanks for reading V_V

The new warframe Wisp is an incredibly well made frame that is also extremely well rounded, but her numbers on her first ability are too good. Primarily I am talking about her motes.

Vitality Mote: On the surface a 300hp 30hps buff is good but not overpowered, but in reality it is insane. The reasons behind this are pretty straightforward. There is no downside to building pure strength on Wisp. The Blind Rage+Rage combo on her alone can make you feel like you are using a fully modded frame. Walking into a Reservoir instantly refreshes her motes making duration unneeded and efficiency minimal. Basically with a single cast of a 3 option ability a Wisp can make her team ever harder to kill than Oberon's entire modded loadout can for way less maintenance.

Suggested change: 300hp and 30hps lowered to 250hp and 25hps.

Haste Mote: This mote gives 20% movement speed and 30% fire rate and melee speed. The problem with this is pretty similar to the problem with the vitality mote. Since there isn't a single reason stopping you from maxing strength the value of the attack buff makes her start to even out with frames like harrow that also have a fire rate buffs, but the buff applies to Wisps entire team instead of just herself. On the other hand the movement speed buff can't match Volt's in strength so it isn't as insane.

Suggested change: 30% attack rate buff lowered to 20%.

Shock: This mote is only effected by ability range and no strength so it is probably the only balanced one.

Overall the numbers on her Vitality and Haste Motes should be toned down a bit is what I'm getting at. A single frame shouldn't be able to keep up and even outdo multiple other frames in their respective specialties with only a single ability. I think Wisp is an amazing jack of all trades frame and is extremely fun, but it's unfair that she makes other characters irrelevant at their best traits. 

her and glaxion seem to put me into darkness when i cross some magic line and it makes it very hard to see if we nerf anything about her nerf her ability to blind her allies or tell me what settings to use to make this stop because being away from wisp doesnt help when im trying to level wisp and cant see where im aiming the fecking sun 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Though I don't know why DE decide they don't expire unlike other warframe abilities that drops certain buffs on the floor.

There is no reason to have them expire. I just find it faster to place new ones than go back to where I left them. Yes, there is a benefit in endless missions, but it is fine as is.

26 minutes ago, Buzlok said:

I think Wisp is an amazing jack of all trades frame and is extremely fun, but it's unfair that she makes other characters irrelevant at their best traits. 

Wisp doesn't. I would use other frames over Wisp if I just wanted the mote buffs. I would make one change to Reservoir - the damage on the shock mote is pathetic, it needs a buff. What benefit is 12 - 14 damage here and there?

I will add my No.