Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entitled Warframe players

Urthehmiel

1 hour ago, nslay said:

When I play defense missions (e.g. Mithra for those darn vaulted relics!), I usually play as Revenant. I can nuke the map by pressing '4'. But I usually exercise some restraint because I always wonder if other players might want a chance to kill some monsters to have some fun or blow off some steam. Or heck, even satisfy some obscure Nightwave daily achievement back when Nightwave was running... So I try not to do that too much... And it seems to work because instead of playing 1 round where at least 1 person leaves, everyone usually sticks around for the full 4 rounds. I am exercising consideration of other players enjoyment... I am trying to treat people the way I would want them to treat me.

I do observe in everyday life, Diablo 3, Warframe, etc... that this newer generation does not think this way. They are inconsiderate to others. People who do things without thinking of others are acting entitled. So much so, they are oblivious to their own entitled behavior... a sort of oblivious entitlement.

I don't think this other player reacted correctly OP (namely, just leave?), but maybe you acted like you're entitled to kill everything (oblivious entitlement)? It's like the guy that blasts music at 2am (without even realizing the problems with this) and then complaining that the neighbor feels entitled to peace... Well, it's an exaggerated analogy! Still... I am not perfect either. I used to nuke the map and then everyone playing with me would just leave after the first wave.

I understand where you're coming from, and that's a very mature angle of you to take. But, without sounding arrogant, I was oblivious to nothing. I wasn't the one complaining that other people were playing the game. This matter in particular really al boiled down to his ego. Early on I got the impression, by something he said, that he either wanted to show off, or was simply impressed with himself over (as bizarre as it sounds) his ability to get kills - not that he was doing anything at all but spinning around with Atterax. I'm not twisting this. He, again, confirmed my allegation that he simply wanted to hog kills with; 'yeah, cuz its fun'. 

I can see the appeal to pressing 4 to Nuke the map - especially on lower levels - but I've never found it appealing. If anything I find it quite boring, personally. I have the most fun in this game when I try to find solutions to problems brought up when using my favorite frames by experimenting with different builds for weapons, sentinels and focus schools. This way I get to find out more about the game, and develop a deeper understanding for the various mechanics - even if said discoveries are underwhelming for all the grinding I went through for, say, a specific mod. I wouldn't have enjoyed warframe nearly as much if I still used Saryn constantly like I did when I first started a year ago - because only the bare minimum is required to be effective. That's just how I like to play games though, yeah I've got a pretty convoluted build/ impractical build - but it works, andto each their own and that.

Therefore I don't have this issue of oblivious entitlement. I don't care what you play, or how you play it; but why should I be considerate of someone who can't even spare a thought for his entire squad because he wants to be the only one having fun? Ridiculous.

48 minutes ago, Son_of_Anubis said:

This is exactly why there are so many Mesa and Saryn mains. They all want to be top tier in damage and believe if they are not then they don't win the game. 

Thats why I make it my business to out dps a Mesa frame (the ones who only soley use 4 and use it every chance they get and never use there main/secondary) on any map just to rub it in their faces and with Inaros/Vauban to make it worst.

Its new generation and the meta is causing this. People need to understand having best dps doesn't mean you helped to complete the objective I wish they would learn this

It's just easy aoe, the 'press 4 to wipe map' thing just pretty boring imo. That being said though your Saryn's and Mesa's aren't the be all end all of dps by a long shot. I've played with Chroma's, Nova's and Nidu's that have completely out performed map wipers. At the end of the day it's what weapons Synergize best with abilities .

That’s why posts about “ nerfing the warframe because he/she is killing everything”, “nerfing/getting rid of the rivens because they are powerful, too expensive for me to farm/buy, “nerf the weapon because I don’t have it and it’s too powerful” are posted weekly or even daily. 

Instead of improving themselves or come up with better builds, some players do not want to see other doing better than their builds. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sepphoris said:

This dude was complaining that he couldn't get his combo up high enough (Valkyr) because I was also killing enemies, imagine that! He then proceeded to try tell me to go and camp with the other two players so he could gain sole monopoly on kills saying; 'I don't relay (rely) on people, and never will' 😂😂😂

Despite trying to explain to him that he wouldn't be relying on people by letting others... y'know... play the gameand that he simply wants to do everything (spinning around the room) and is salty he didn't have the most kills he confirms saying 'yeah, cuz it's more fun'. I was pretty much at loss for words at this point, yet so many questions.

'why don't you play solo then?'

'why is your ego so sensitive?'

'Are you literally 10 years old?'

'How do you not see an issue with trying to dictate to people what they can and can't do for your own entertainment?'

Despite this he was pretty adamant and kept repeating himself. So I wished him happy hunting and left.

Warframe is literally the only co-op game I've played with entitled players like this. Not that it's the games fault,of course, but because it endorses power fantasy's for the wide  range of amazing abilities and how ridiculously strong any one frame can be; it's only inevitable for it harbor people like this. But it still amazes me when I see it.

Ya'll ever seen this S#&$?

You should see how many survival runs have been cut short (read, life support runs out before min 15) because people refuse to stay in one room to optimize the enemy spawns.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

That’s why posts about “ nerfing the warframe because he/she is killing everything”, “nerfing/getting rid of the rivens because they are powerful, too expensive for me to farm/buy, “nerf the weapon because I don’t have it and it’s too powerful” are posted weekly or even daily. 

Instead of improving themselves or come up with better builds, some players do not want to see other doing better than their builds. 

I've never actually understood the whole 'remove rivens thing'. Like I've never seen people complain in MMORPGs that the legendary items (or something equivalent) are too powerful and they should be removed because they can't keep up with the grind. That would be ridiculous. If you don't have the money... tough. If you don't have the time... tough. Like you knew what you were getting into.

33 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

You should see how many survival runs have been cut short (read, life support runs out before min 15) because people refuse to stay in one room to optimize the enemy spawns.

this but its in any you can sit in one spot or general area missions there always that one tenno that goes beyond the call of duty to steal the spawns by being far as feck away 

20 minutes ago, seprent said:

this but its in any you can sit in one spot or general area missions there always that one tenno that goes beyond the call of duty to steal the spawns by being far as feck away 

The thing is, even big rooms would work but some players even said "camp is for noobs" and stuff like that when I suggested we stayed together, sometimes I kid you not, I am using a "buffing" frame like Octavia or Harrow and players actively get away from me when I try to stick around them as to not stagger the spawns too much.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

5 hours ago, Sepphoris said:

Warframe is literally the only co-op game I've played with entitled players like this. Not that it's the games fault,of course

Uhm... its exactly the Game's Fault....

The only thing that is "Co-Op" about Warframe is that it throws players into the same mission. After that its a toss up if any of the interactions between players is going to help or Hinder The Objective or each other's experience....

Nidus, Harrow, Trinity, Revenant,and a few other Warframes need their own set of enemies to actually work.... their abilities are dependent on Saryn not killing everything so that they can do their thing.... so they have to wonder off and disrupt enemy spawns to do their thing....its Anti-Co-Operative at its core.... conversely you have Support Frames like Limbo and Hildryn who need Allies to fo their thing...

All I can see is they first need to go back and look at every Warframe's ability and change so that it doesn't require fighting your team for it to work. And then after that they should again go over every ability and try to add to some Co-Op Synergy to them.

6 hours ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

rule 1 : if not agreed to a strategy , anything goes 

LoL... pretty much....

5 hours ago, Sepphoris said:

We made the group to farm L4 axi relics. I joined with the assumption we were going to camp based on the frames chosen and requested. Then I saw the Valkyr and was confused. Asked if we were camping, and the guy in question said 'I'm not', and starts doing his thing. So, he expected everything else to camp while he got to enjoy himself for.... reasons

Well as long as you got The Relics then technically he honored the agreement.

39 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

The thing is, even big rooms would work but some players even said "camp is for noobs" and stuff like that when I suggested we stayed together, sometimes I kid you not, I am using a "buffing" frame like Octavia or Harrow and players actively get away from me when I try to stick around them as to not stagger the spawns too much.

What you described is and example of not knowing the mechanics while chasing stats on end mission screen.  I intentionally steal the most damage dealt stat everytime I play Ivara when I see this happening.  

Mwuhahahahaha.

Edited by DatDarkOne

One of the reasons I barely team is this kind of player.  I've been yelled at for bringing Nehza to a Fissure Defense "because that frame sucks."  (Paraphrasing, the actual line was both less literate and more ban-worthy.)  And *then* got rude tells about how I must be cheating when I got Most Kills and Most Damage and never died.  It was in the Void Defense mission with the stupid teamkill lasers, and the jerk apparently started firing them off when he realized I was "winning."  I'm pretty used to trolls using the stupid lasers, and mostly deal with it by never standing on the floor if I can avoid it.  He killed everyone else, including himself, several times though.

I've also gotten rude tells for playing Mag, Nyx, and a fair number for Hildryn (who seems to offend people just by existing, regardless of how useful she may or may not be.)  Rather than annoy them by trying to top the damage meter with "sucky frames" I just never team.  At all, if I can avoid it.  And I avoid any content that would require I team.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Sepphoris said:

This is why I left. He kept moaning after I tried to explain to him he can't always get his own way. Didn't work and I was only going to get annoyed, so it is whatever.

I'd have stuck around and tried to steal as many kills from him as possible...just to piss him off even more.

But thats just me...

I mean, if you'd been playing Limbo...just think of the possibilities... :laugh:

Edited by FlusteredFerret

8 hours ago, Son_of_Anubis said:

This is exactly why there are so many Mesa and Saryn mains. They all want to be top tier in damage and believe if they are not then they don't win the game. 

Thats why I make it my business to out dps a Mesa frame (the ones who only soley use 4 and use it every chance they get and never use there main/secondary) on any map just to rub it in their faces and with Inaros/Vauban to make it worst.

Its new generation and the meta is causing this. People need to understand having best dps doesn't mean you helped to complete the objective I wish they would learn this

THe DPS is total trash in this game because i can kill an enemy using slash proc or gas while another guy can deal tons of blows depleted on armors and shields... Guess which one deals more damage and who is  faster? This is the main reason why many bosses and subbosses are immune to status, to make people happy about their damage.

Edited by bibmobello

I thought you were just gonna be like the other guy, but I understand you, I had a game like this a while ago and I have the BEST advice for you! Don't argue with an idiot, you get nowhere, ignore them they aren't worth jack to the world! They legit have nothing on you so its like throwing a wishbone into a well and expecting the Great Fairy to pop out. Sorry wish not granted for idiots. I should know I'm a self proclaimed idiot. Totally different from the idiots that don't realize it yet. So its okay to listen to my advise with however much salt you need.

As far as entitled goes, they mindset is "Its my game, I'll play how I want." Its a mindset... I think its a rare one, cause I barely ever see it. I don't think its something to worry about.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, EmberStar said:

I'm pretty used to trolls using the stupid lasers, and mostly deal with it by never standing on the floor if I can avoid it. 

That's one of the very reasons I keep Infiltrate augment on my main Ivara.  They can turn those void lasers on all day and I'll just dance emote right in the middle of them.  😁 

13 hours ago, EmberStar said:

One of the reasons I barely team is this kind of player.  I've been yelled at for bringing Nehza to a Fissure Defense "because that frame sucks."  (Paraphrasing, the actual line was both less literate and more ban-worthy.)  And *then* got rude tells about how I must be cheating when I got Most Kills and Most Damage and never died.  It was in the Void Defense mission with the stupid teamkill lasers, and the jerk apparently started firing them off when he realized I was "winning."  I'm pretty used to trolls using the stupid lasers, and mostly deal with it by never standing on the floor if I can avoid it.  He killed everyone else, including himself, several times though.

I've also gotten rude tells for playing Mag, Nyx, and a fair number for Hildryn (who seems to offend people just by existing, regardless of how useful she may or may not be.)  Rather than annoy them by trying to top the damage meter with "sucky frames" I just never team.  At all, if I can avoid it.  And I avoid any content that would require I team.

You're welcome to team with me, I don't trash talk people for their frames, just one of my clanmates because he's a masochist. 

8 hours ago, wolfwind12345 said:

CC needs to be king again 

I want to kill enemies by throwing them into a pit again.

@o0Despair0o As I mentioned above, there are players that actively try to avoid your buffs for no good reason, I mean, who wouldn't want to be invisible with Octavia's abilities? I know they want to get away from me cuz I have Mallet and all that.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

10 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

I want to kill enemies by throwing them into a pit again.

@o0Despair0o As I mentioned above, there are players that actively try to avoid your buffs for no good reason, I mean, who wouldn't want to be invisible with Octavia's abilities? I know they want to get away from me cuz I have Mallet and all that.

I don't usually bother trying to use allied Octavia buffs, even if one is around.  The system for matching the beat if they have an actual song is clunky, and I despise staccato earbleed songs.  Ie, anything where they make it "simple" by having a note on every possible beat.  Usually without even making the attempt at any kind of pretense at actually being music, just taktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktaktak.  I don't use their buffs because their music sucks, and I probably flipped the "mute Allied Octavia" toggle five seconds after the mission started.  Assuming they weren't polite enough to turn the volume down on their own, which they usually aren't.

Of course, I've also been yelled at for my own Octavia, because I'm not talented enough to have a song of my own and just use her default.  Which is very much *not* compatible with "teabag to be invisible" playstyles.  Sigh.

2 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

you can get a few buffs by simply standing around her or the AMP field, you don't need to go for rhythm unless you want some specific ones.

And in that sense, I'll probably end up getting the passive buffs without trying, same as if I'm playing my own Octavia.  The only one I'll make any attempt to do intentionally is invisibility, and I don't often bother with that one, even on my own Octavia.  I actively dislike the movement speed buff, and the one for firing on the beat is too finicky to bother trying to do on purpose.

2 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

And in that sense, I'll probably end up getting the passive buffs without trying, same as if I'm playing my own Octavia.  The only one I'll make any attempt to do intentionally is invisibility, and I don't often bother with that one, even on my own Octavia.  I actively dislike the movement speed buff, and the one for firing on the beat is too finicky to bother trying to do on purpose.

You usually get the damage boost one by firing near Octavia without trying.