The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Too much content coming soon on console?

With the new gas city rework, missions and the big chicken just having landed on pc we're looking at probably 2ish more weeks until it hits console.

We've also got the return of plague star coming on 12th June.

On top of that nightwave season 2 should be starting soon.

Anyone else think this is gonna cause players a few problems?  We all know how intense nw1 was, hopefully s2 will be better but it's still gonna take a lot of players time.  Similarly plague star takes a lot of time and the rewards are pretty good, especially if you haven't done it before.  Add in the new missions and the chicken and I think you're maybe looking at overload.  Not even mentioned normal stuff like grinding resources, cracking relics, star chart progression, levelling etc.

Not as big a problem on pc as things are more spaced out for you guys, but on console you could realistically see all this drop in the space of about 10 days.

Don't get me wrong, I'm quite excited for all the content coming but it does look a bit overwhelming as it all takes a lot of time, especially with ps and me being time dependant. 

Thoughts? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Anyone else think this is gonna cause players a few problems?  We all know how intense nw1 was, hopefully s2 will be better but it's still gonna take a lot of players time.

One or two hours per week for all the NW1 challenges wasn't a lot of time. And NW2 will be easier... 

And you don't have to play the new boss right away...

Just take your time and don't overdo it.

• Like 2

I agree with with WhiteMarker, don't try do everything at once. I usually focus on temporary content / events and then just do whatever I feel like doing because Warframe isn't a game where you need to progress and play the same route everyone else does. Also I try to bundle things together for more efficency like farming resources using a frame or weapon I want to rank up. Yes, ranking up would be faster in specific places, but farming with a new weapon / frame helps break the monotony and it cuts down the time I need to dedicate to farming thus freeing up more time for other activities.

• Like 1

I have yet to experience a content addon that actually takes more time. The whole Jupiter remaster and the flydolon took a few hours, the NW1 took ~2 hours in a single day, not sure about plague since I haven't done it yet. But from what I've seen so far, there is no event or content addon that takes more than a day to finish, unless you're really casual and play only an hour or two.

51 minutes ago, (XB1)Hyperion Rexx said:

Anyone else think this is gonna cause players a few problems?

I am sure that many players will play with the unbalanced attitude of an incontinent, yes.

NW1 showed us that, no matter what, there's players ready to play themselves into the ground by doing every single jump and hoop. It's not healthy, but they still do it.

As for the content you're going to get? The Hostile Mergers event is the only thing you have to play, but getting all the weapons requires not more than a couple of hours. The Ropalolyst can wait for a couple of days. Plague Star will come back and seems to me to be very low priority. NW S2 is a month-long experience and you can take it easy for one week.

So, basically, take it easy.

"Too much content"

In the realm of Warframe, this will never be the case. Trust me, I thought there was a lot to go through given the clan Operation, new boss, new tile set, and new codex stuff, but there isn't an overwhelming amount of stuff to do.

• Like 2

Ropalyst only drops Wisp parts and Amalgam mods. Will only take a couple of hours for everything even with bad rng.

Disruption gives only the new resource and useless set mods that some drop from enemies found in Disruption. If there wasn't an event tied to this, this would have been my first content drop I would have skipped.

NW takes so little to do everything, it shouldn't even be considered as actual content. Season 1 only reminded me how far I have come since the start of my Warframe journey while also reminding me how empty the destination is.

Plague Star only takes a few hours to get everything that matters. It also comes back twice a year, so you won't be missing anything for too long if you skip it.

Edited by (XB1)dude1286
  • Like 1

No...

I haden't really played for 2 months since I hit rank 30 Nightwave s1 and I finished Jovian in a day.

Like if you wana explore and waste time there's some extra stuff but the secret room mods suck so I just did it for the Captura. Got the mods / Wisp from Ropolopo and did the Event in one go. That's about it. It's cool graphically but there's not much under the hood. I imagine S2 Nightwave will be even easier so not much there either.

EDIT: Come to think of it I think half my time was spent updating my energy color schemes on my frames.

Edited by Xzorn

Actually I rather like it when we get all these things at once. No doubt there's nightwave challenges that require something from POE. So Plague Star fits right there. Killing certain types of enemies. Go for disruption while progressing toward glaxion vandel. Doesn't look like we're going to go out of our way just to finish nightwave. Just do the normal stuff we've been doing and it'll just be done.

The only thing that worries me is the event going on PC right now. If it's anything like buried debts (on NSW we still crash and DC a lot) then it's gonna be a PITA, specially since there's clan scores to be met and such. I also hold every "NW2 is gonna be easier than NW1" with a bit of skepticism, they said that nightwave was an easier system and such and that wasn't particularly the case. Yes, the number of acts were reduced and the more grindy acts got toned down but you never know what else they come up with.