The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My thoughts on Wisp

JackHargreav

I definitely wanted to make a post about her if she turns out to be good.

Wisp is -imo- even more fun and useful than Hildyrn. She has a really nice fluid feel. All of her abilities (except her 4th) is castable on the move and have really nice visuals to them.

Her 1st is pretty nice and gives you really nice buffs. The healing buff and the speed boost are the most useful imo since with Wisp you have to rely mostly on your weapons. Combining the speed boost with a kitgun or her primary that has infinite ammo is my favorite combo/s. The electric buff is alright. Gives an ok CC but I don't use it all that much. I like that the pods don't have a duration and you can just go back to them to get the buffs or if you're on the move you can just recast them.

The second ability really helpful on those higher levels. It can be used as a distraction or to become invulnerable and save yourself from death. On the starchart missions i didn't use it much since the enemies are too weak to do serious damage but in Sortie missions it was useful.

The third is pretty interesting, since it has synergy with both the 2nd and the 1st ability. It has a small range even with stretch but at least you can use it to teleport to a pod from great distances (and blind enemies) or activate it when your clone is active to blind enemies far away from you, without teleporting to a pod.

The 4th ability is good also. I tried it when Wisp came out and it was pretty bad. Now with the recent fixes It can do 27k damage and take out smaller groups easily. Something I forgot is that she can use her 2nd while using this ability.

Her passive is to become invisible in while in the air. Shooting ends the invisibility. It's almost OP. Compared to the other passives It is definitely the best one out there. It's like an extra ability.

In conclusion Wisp is pretty solid and definitely viable for endgame I think. Whatever endgame is. (She can be used in Arbitration and Sortie missions. Especially with an Adaptation Umbral build.) I know there are frames that do the supporting "better", but for me she's has the kind of fluidity that those frames don't have. And for me that makes her a lot better.

If I left out something feel free share it.

On a side note: The Nyx Deluxe looks f*cking amazing.

I did an edit on her 4th and passive ability. Thank you for your feedback guys!

Edited by JackHargreav
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

More specifically?

Do a search in the top right. Wisp is so hot right now... It just someone annoyed another wisp post was made. You have already made it, just let it be.

On her 4th though, you can left click to double the damage output for double the energy cost. Not sure if that makes it worth while. I am just starting leveling her.

The only thing I dislike about wisp is the forced movement speed baked into her offensive buff. I would have far rather seen a slight decrease in attack speed and fire rate with the removal of the movement buff and an added reload speed instead.

It would go perfect with her signature weapon aswell.

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The only thing I dislike about wisp is the forced movement speed baked into her offensive buff. I would have far rather seen a slight decrease in attack speed and fire rate with the removal of the movement buff and an added reload speed instead.

It would go perfect with her signature weapon aswell.

The movement speed is one of the best parts... I actually think she works best as a melee frame condition overload with the constant electrical products the super speed atks and movement invisible dive bombs.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

The movement speed is one of the best parts... I actually think she works best as a melee frame condition overload with the constant electrical products the super speed atks and movement invisible dive bombs.

The amount of speed gain is still over the top and unneeded. 25-30% would be more than enough, but sadly we cant stay there if we want to buff the other parts of her skills, we get the movement speed forced on us. She would be much more useful with a decent movement buff and a fairly equal distribution of attack speed, fire rate and reload speed.

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

The amount of speed gain is still over the top and unneeded. 25-30% would be more than enough, but sadly we cant stay there if we want to buff the other parts of her skills, we get the movement speed forced on us. She would be much more useful with a decent movement buff and a fairly equal distribution of attack speed, fire rate and reload speed.

I make full use of the 70% movement speed plus amalgam serration... For me without that I probably would have leveled her for the MR never touched her again, but instead I'm having a lot of fun and she's got six forma.   It's a lot of fun zipping around the map targeting the largest group of enemies on the mini map... Plus her signature mode , disruption, the movement speed is very helpful in finding the demolst quickly.

Even more over-the-top I did a capture Fissure mission with my wisp and a higher power strength volt we finished the mission and we're at extraction with 10 fragments in 30 seconds that's pretty fun...

Edited by (PS4)Eluminary
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Actually Wisp is the only warframe I prefer more speed. The acceleration and animation feel much better compared to other warframes for some reason. Even with very high buffs from my most hated nemesis volt it´s acceptable.

I don´t use other movement options like bullet jump or rolling that much on her though which is a bit counterintuitive considering the way her passive works.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Northern_Psycho said:

Want her 4th ability to deal damage? Add all three buffs, stun enemies with 3, hold fire button... BOOM lvl 130 bombards molten in seconds.

I dont get the dislike of Wisp's 4th ability. It can deal tons of damage if you just use it right.

I can one shot 130 bombards instantly.  It won't cost me any energy either.  And, I can do this with Wisp.  In fact, I can do 25k+ damage with any of a number of weapon with a single shot.  I don't expect DE to make Wisp's 4 do that (unless they also go back and rework every single other offensive ability), nor do I think it's possible to balance a game where at least a third, if not more, of the weapons in the game.  Btw, that includes my Fulmin after I finished feeding it forma.

In fact, by not using her 4 at all, I've made her much more survivable because I'm not stuck on the ground like an idiot unable to use my best tool for survival, my passive.

The only frame with a purely offensive (ie. not exalted weapon or self buff) ability is Saryn, and that's only because it has infinite damage scaling potential.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xavori said:

I can one shot 130 bombards instantly.  It won't cost me any energy either.  And, I can do this with Wisp.  In fact, I can do 25k+ damage with any of a number of weapon with a single shot.  I don't expect DE to make Wisp's 4 do that (unless they also go back and rework every single other offensive ability), nor do I think it's possible to balance a game where at least a third, if not more, of the weapons in the game.  Btw, that includes my Fulmin after I finished feeding it forma.

In fact, by not using her 4 at all, I've made her much more survivable because I'm not stuck on the ground like an idiot unable to use my best tool for survival, my passive.

The only frame with a purely offensive (ie. not exalted weapon or self buff) ability is Saryn, and that's only because it has infinite damage scaling potential.  

I just wanted to chime in and say that you can launch her #2 while her #4 is active, giving yourself invisibility for the duration that her wisp is active. You can even activate it again to teleport. 

To the OP, her passive isn't broken, it's what makes her fun and playable at higher level missions/content. Whoever designed her knew she'd need a way to survive in that content so they created her passive and I hope it stays the same. 

13 hours ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

this is what i found as well. Melee frame with at least 2 Umbral mods and Adaptation. Zaw polearm, and you're good to go. She's definitely better as a pure melee frame than my Oberon, who was previously the main wielder of my Zaw.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Xavori said:

Sol is great for clearing trash. It spans the entire room, so at lower levels it's actually more efficient than the Amprex (again, due to range). While Sol's rad/heat isnt amazing against Grineer, it absolutely fukin shreds Corpus and Infested.

Otherwise, I think Wisp is best played as a melee frame. I built mine with a fair bit of power str, duration and efficiency.

Edited by Ikyr0

Wisp is an incredible frame. I took her into an Arbitration expecting to quickly get my backside handed to me. She never even came close to dying. She’s a frame that needs more skill as the enemy level increases due to the synergy of her abilities and the placement of her reservoirs (I’m not saying she’s particularly complex, just harder to use than some). 

Even in that content, I found her 4 to be effective at clearing trash mods. And the range is also helpful as it’ll strip armour from a distance. I don’t think it was ever meant as a 4 to win. 

Also I agree that she’s an effective melee frame, thanks mainly to the buffs and especially that shock mote. Although with a max of five targets, you’re at risk of getting overwhelmed (which is needed to keep the balance). 

1 hour ago, Ikyr0 said:

Sol is great for clearing trash. It spans the entire room, so at lower levels it's actually more efficient than the Amprex (again, due to range). While Sol's rad/heat isnt amazing against Grineer, it absolutely fukin shreds Corpus and Infested.

Otherwise, I think Wisp is best played as a melee frame. I built mine with a fair bit of power str, duration and efficiency.

Green Mote adds Corrosive pros to Sol's Beam. :3

It makes Sol Beam good against armor too.

Edited by Aeon94

12 hours ago, Northern_Psycho said:

Want her 4th ability to deal damage? Add all three buffs, stun enemies with 3, hold fire button... BOOM lvl 130 bombards molten in seconds.

I dont get the dislike of Wisp's 4th ability. It can deal tons of damage if you just use it right.

I personally don't like it for its concept, 

It's a portal... To the sun -_-

Usability wise it's good, nothing special, but is a serviceable ability, especially after the recent changes. 

21 hours ago, Zelmen said:

Do a search in the top right. Wisp is so hot right now... It just someone annoyed another wisp post was made. You have already made it, just let it be.

On her 4th though, you can left click to double the damage output for double the energy cost. Not sure if that makes it worth while. I am just starting leveling her.

Yeah I knew that but originally it didn't do anything. Now with the updates It is actually a strong ability especially by activating the damage buff on it. It is kinda usable for the "endgame" content now.

17 hours ago, Northern_Psycho said:

Thanks for the info! I made some fixes in my post.

21 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

Well I think the ignore function will come in handy again for me.

Btw to explain. My post has nothing in common with the mentioned post. I only saw two posts about wisp by far. One said she's OP and has to be nerfed. The other one is this. I'm talking about Wisp from an entirely different point of view so bringing up this post is just dumb and pointless and definitely not "constructive". Hence why I just put the user on an ignore list instead of bothering to talk with him/her.

Awesome thing with her 2: you can use it while wall latched and if you time the click right you can immediately relatch to the target wall.  

Im using her with the proton set right now testing it out.  It is impressive with her 2 allowing for both distractions and movement to other walls.  Won’t be useful in open areas but that’s ok.

7 hours ago, Aeon94 said:

Green Mote adds Corrosive pros to Sol's Beam. :3

It makes Sol Beam good against armor too.

it's not really. because youre not doing corrosive damage, just proccing the status. rad/heat still sucks against most of Grineer units. as i said, it's fine for Corpus & Infested.