Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Peacemakers are a bad ability- because I can’t use them on half the games relevant content?

(PSN)FK2P

12 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

No S#&$? Literally everything else needs mods, too. Just because Mesa needs mods to fight level 165 enemies doesn't mean she's not a broken press-4-to-win frame.

It's also took him 15 secs to kill those enemies. So = nerf hahahahahhah. Yeah dude. Gotcha. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

It's also took him 15 secs to kill those enemies. So = nerf hahahahahhah. Yeah dude. Gotcha. 

Nice try, but wrong.

1 hour ago, Pizzarugi said:

Most of the game is played in the star chart, where enemies are level 60 at best (pluto). Most of the difficulty that even approaches endgame is time gated between 1 hour to an entire day (kuva floods and sorties). Majority of your time spent will be grinding relics, doing invasions, syndicate missions, grinding bosses for frames if you don't have them, grinding in the Plains of Eidolon or Orb Vallis, etc. Endurance runs are a personal goal set by the players, but aren't implemented nor encouraged by DE in any way beyond you farming hardcore for something you really want. The only time they actually encourage endurance runs is to get the John Prodman poster in the Index, which takes an hour of playing to achieve.

Keeping that in mind, just about everything in this game was developed for the star chart, and there's literally nothing in this game right now that merits needing ridiculous frames like Mesa to wipe out rooms with one press of a button and a seizure-inducing swivel of the camera. This also applies to the other press-4-to-win frames as well.

This game has no mission where enemies start anywhere near level 165.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

again enemy lvl is 165. nothing starts at 165 on star chart. also no armor strip other than corrosive that was specced regulator. like are you for real? any enemy lower than 100 gets phased out of existence by mesa and enemies with no armor get phased out with a viral/slash spec regulator. your lvl of denial is unreal.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Nice try, but wrong.

This game has no mission where enemies start anywhere near level 165.

49 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

again enemy lvl is 165. nothing starts at 165 on star chart. also no armor strip other than corrosive that was specced regulator. like are you for real? any enemy lower than 100 gets phased out of existence by mesa and enemies with no armor get phased out with a viral/slash spec regulator. your lvl of denial is unreal.

First you both claim Mesa is a press 4 to win frame. That statement is hyperbolic and blatantly false. 

Second because some epeen with a pretty ok Mesa build can kill some lvl 165s in 15-18 sec in a controlled environment with no other teammates around that = nerf? Lol just lol

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

last i checked mag has to use both her powers and guns. magnetize doesnt kill without shooting into it. all mesa has to do is press 4 and left click. i dont think you have any idea what you are talking about.

Good sir why argue with a fanatic Mesa player that defends her cheesiness.  Its obvious you can't convince them so let them be, rest us have more common sense to know Mesa is a broken Frame that is press one button to win. 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

First you both claim Mesa is a press 4 to win frame. That statement is hyperbolic and blatantly false. 

Second because some epeen with a pretty ok Mesa build can kill some lvl 165s in 15-18 sec in a controlled environment with no other teammates around that = nerf? Lol just lol

tenor.gif

Just a reminder that this is a thing.

Now apply that to every single mission in the star chart. Activate Shatter Shield, bullet jump near enemies, press 4 while aim gliding and destroy whole group. Repeat until you reach extraction while teammates tag along behind you hoovering up the loot and doing nothing much else.

Are you kidding us right now?
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Son_of_Anubis said:

Good sir why argue with a fanatic Mesa player that defends her cheesiness.  Its obvious you can't convince them so let them be, rest us have more common sense to know Mesa is a broken Frame that is press one button to win. 

hahaha you are so right.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Son_of_Anubis said:

One could easily substitute the word "Mesa" with other words like "Saryn", "Equinox", and "Volt" and you'd have the current and sad state of affairs that masquerades as "balance" in co-op ESO and defense missions.

As someone that likes and appreciates various kinds of cheese, I can safely say that it belongs on sandwiches, pasta, salads...but has no business stinking up a game.

26 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

One could easily substitute the word "Mesa" with other words like "Saryn", "Equinox", and "Volt" and you'd have the current and sad state of affairs that masquerades as "balance" in co-op ESO and defense missions.

As someone that likes and appreciates various kinds of cheese, I can safely say that it belongs on sandwiches, pasta, salads...but has no business stinking up a game.

Why must you do this to me?

You know how hungry I was when I read this post?

TORTURE I SAY TORTURE. Your an evil man

Let be serious for a bit cant really blame the fanatic Mesa/Volt/Saryn/Equinox Players since Warframe has evolved from a situational game to a more damage orientated game where Meta is king. So I get why they defend the frames so because its easier with those frames to clear new and old content but for players that want more like myself and others we don't like meta or press one button to win mechanic and tend to make the worse Warframes that no one uses amazingly good in any situation so cant fault em for taking a safe route.

Now apply that to every single mission in the star chart. Activate Shatter Shield, bullet jump near enemies, press 4 while aim gliding and destroy whole group. Repeat until you reach extraction while teammates tag along behind you hoovering up the loot and doing nothing much else.

Are you kidding us right now?

Sure, that's bound to happen if Mesa is with a bunch of Tank/Support/Melee/CC frames. She's a ranged dps frame. 

Now pair her with a caster dps frame like Saryn, Volt, Octavia or Equinox and suddenly now Mesa has nothing to aim at. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

The problem isn't with DPS ranged or DPS caster frames. The problem is with how the game is fundamentally now, from the enemies to level design to the long tedious grinds.  This game needs dps caster/ranged frames. Warframe would implode on itself if suddenly they nerfed every caster/ranged dps frame like they did ember. 

5 hours ago, Son_of_Anubis said:

You know how hungry I was when I read this post?

TORTURE I SAY TORTURE. Your an evil man

My bad 😁

*offers a grilled cheese sandwich*

5 hours ago, Son_of_Anubis said:

so cant fault em for taking a safe route.

Point taken. Indeed, DE created the situation and they need to fix it.

Still, just because a given person is able to do a particular thing doesn't necessarily mean that they SHOULD go ahead do that thing. I can go into Hydron with my Saryn and nuke the map with ease...except I choose NOT to do so. Why? Because I know what it's like to have someone make my gameplay experience boring and trivial and I treat other players in the same manner that I expect to be treated.

Edited by MirageKnight
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

The problem isn't with DPS ranged or caster frames. The problem is with how the game is fundamentally now, from the enemies to level design to the long tedious grinds.  This game needs dps caster/ranged frames. Warframe would implode on itself if suddenly they nerfed every caster/ranged dps frame like they did ember. 

That's because players have become more reliant on cheese frames to bypass the tedium the developers have created. However, "bypassing game design with cheese" kind of falls under the purview of balance. 😛

You can always talk about how bad this game is in regards to grind, enemy, and level design, but we should have that discussion on its own thread.

• Like 1

On 2019-06-13 at 2:39 AM, Pizzarugi said:

You're the one who refuses to answer my question and resort to insults, yet you accuse me of speaking out of emotion.

Okay then.

There are massive issues with this game. Ability balance has always been completely on its head. If people want to be white knights for DE, that’s their choice but we will never stop giving feedback where it needs to be given. Ember needs a new set of abilities ASAP, chroma’s 4 needs a buff because his 2-3 aren’t enough to stand on their own anymore, and he may never recover from this rut. Vauban needs some ability diversity, since some enemies are now immune to CC, Mesa’s 1 yields a petty 1000 damage, pathetic- add utility. They FINALLY listened and changed psychic bolts. Trinity’s kit is very do or die right now, link can’t tank at all, and she can’t help when one shotted, because you can be at full health one minute and then dead in one shot and I think if she’s going to be a healer exclusively with no DPS and no CC, she needs to be far more potent. Saying that though they listened and changed hydroid and oberon and they are now compatable frames, although not absolutely top end frames depending on what you are doing which is how warframe works. Some frames are trash at one thing, others are trash at others, but I’d say each warframe should have at least 2 scaling ability’s, and 2 roles wether that be armour stripping and mind control like nyx has now, or team buffing, tanking and CC like rhino. The more diverse your frame the better chance it has to stay relevant. Banshee for instance is singularly useful against mobs, but you only need her in the ridiculous levels, because weapons can clear level 200 easily. There’s no real situation where her kit is useful, and the big strong monsters you will fight aren’t effected by sonar, so any real world use for her is lost as a team DPS, unless they make it so sonar can be held down to paint one large target on anything, and pressing emits the wave as it is now, I don’t see how she can be a DPS in a game where people don’t welcome this role because it trivialised their gameplay when one person can one shot anything. They need to decide wether they want big damage or not, or if they want CC or if holding all the enemies still is ruining the gameplay and if so they need to change the ability’s, instead of adding enemies that are immune and then leaving some frames in the dark.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

And you need mods, and SS active. I know exactly what I'm talking about. How long did it take u to kill those 165s? Just press 4 eh? Lol Hyperbolic! 

At this point, you're digging the bottom of the barrel for arguments. Mesa is overpowered, end of rant

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hayzemet said:

Mesa is my second main, I'd like for peacemaker to be less braindead, I abuse the aimbot way too much.

Oh my Gosh.

Someone that uses Mesa actually realizes aimboting is not skill. 

Sir where have you been through throughout the entire thread. I'm surprised to see a Mesa user that realize how broken she is

• Like 1

On 2019-06-18 at 8:22 PM, Son_of_Anubis said:

Oh my Gosh.

Sir where have you been through throughout the entire thread. I'm surprised to see a Mesa user that realize how broken she is

TBH thats also my main complain about her. I would exchange auto aim for the ability to freely move during her ult any day, like other exalted weapons, even if losing auto aim means losing lots of DPS and adding more effort in the end.

• Like 2

People in this thread fail to realize one simple thing: Mesa trivializes a lot of content.
Warframe is a 3D Diablo about space ninjas. It's a horde shooter. You shoot, you kill, you get loot, you build stuff to kill more and faster.

Devs have created a number of monsters over the years and people don't seem to realize that:

• Mesa does obscene amounts of DPS
  • Saryn does obscene amounts of AoE damage
  • Equinox built for Maim can nuke for obscene amounts
  • Rhino can get obscene amounts of Iron Skin
  • Octavia can do amazing AoE damage and buff her allies on top of that
  • Mirage triples any gun you hold (and devs had to nerf both Mirage and a number of weapons for crashing the game)
  • Nidus is basically immortal
  • Tigris Prime is an instant "Delete" button for almost every enemy in the game

And these are just examples that come to mind.

Mesa's Peacemaker is the way it is because it's somewhat balanced. Same goes for Saryn: she's made for high-end content. She can just hit 4 to wipe everything around her in your average Mars mission, but that's not something she was designed to do, she was designed to do things like Sanctuary Onslaught, where you actually have things to kill. This is probably the reason Ember was nerfed, because it was extremely easy to roflstomp early planets by just casting World on Fire and running through the map (not that it changed much - now we have to use Equnox with yet another build).

Moreover, nerfing stuff cases backlash. So, why don't we instead buff frames that can't fill any roles or fall short? I haven't had the time to play around with Wukong post-rework, but Ember, Vauban and Titania as they are right now need some love. A bunch of other frames need extremely simple tweaks to make them much closer to being as good as Mesa and Saryn, but fill other roles.

On 2019-06-09 at 9:35 PM, JohnLemon123 said:

'' Peacemakers are a bad ability - because they limit the potential complexity of future content as they  effortlessly dispatch everything in the most brain dead way imaginable''. 

Mesa is easily one of the most blatantly overpowered warframes in the game: she kills everything everywhere for a laughable energy cost, while having a constant, passive CC ability, while buffing her team's damage AND while having 95% damage reduction. 

Mesa, by virtue of her very existence, makes every brand new warframe that isn't outrageously powerful seem stupidly weak, and for good reason. If she was released today, she'd never be anywhere near as strong as she currently is, and will never be nerfed simply because of how popular she is. 

Asking for her to be buffed in ANY capacity besides her 1 is ludicrous. 

There's an even more versatile and overpowered frame: Octavia.

En 18/6/2019 a las 18:22, Son_of_Anubis dijo:

Oh my Gosh.

The thing is man, that she is crippled even if she is op. I mean they cannot buff her 1 for example, because 4 is too strong and everybody would cry. But in all honesty I cannot see how to fix the ability without it being  too much of a nerf. 

• Like 1

Perhaps not eidolons, but I don't see a reason that warframe abilities like peacemaker don't work on other targets such as capture targets or bosses that don't require you to hit specific weak points. I'm pretty sure peacemaker also doesn't work against any of the spiders in the orb vallis currently, strangely enough, though I could be wrong because I haven't played mesa in forever.

On 2019-06-09 at 12:12 PM, (PS4)FK2P said:

So, DPS. Your probably doing one or two things. Killing trash mobs, or killing huge boss targets. Peacemakers are an exhalted ability, and so that means they deal pretty average damage- especially seeing as though they are guns, and don’t have a combo counter. Now, I hear that they have nerfed arcanes being stacked with exhausted weapons, which I think is pretty uncalled for, but that’s not my point here. This is.

When I play MESA, I expect to be able to use my abilities, since warframes are designed to fill a roll. just like when I play NOVA, I expect to be able to slow everything down.

When playing Mesa, I can’t target half of the relevant targets my warframe is designed to be built for. Capture targets, eidolons, the wolf of Saturn six, some bosses, and more. The problem with this game design is that self inflicting DPS warframes are then better for future updates. I can’t count on sonar BANSHEE to DPS in new updates, because I can’t paint targets onto anything... I can’t count on MESA in new updates because I can’t target anything they put in those updates besides trash mobs. I can’t count on NOVA to slow any of the content down. 

The warframes that really shine in new updates are those which inflict powers on themselves, rhino, revenant etc. This is not entirely DPS centric though, nothing gets trapped by vauban anymore, nothing is effected by terrify, it seems to me DE are confused by their game design... The CC side of this is another battle, but the DPS frames I would expect to see implemented and effective on all targets. 

Goals for this thread:

Allow Mesa to target eidolon limbs, capture targets, mission invaders and large bosses.

Allow banshee to paint targets on all threats.

Lol funniest post ive ever read. 

15 hours ago, moostar95 said:

Edit: didn't mean to quote you. 😉

For as "meta" as Mesa is, she actually not lol. 

according to this, she's the 10th most played frame in 2018. Right next to Nidus and Trinity Prime..Loki Prime is used more than Mesa. Lol and with the release of both orb mother fights I bet Chroma Prime is top 10 now and Mesa is somewhere near 15-20. 

So let's nerf Mesa. Lol

• Like 1