Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is this a thing?

ponyjimmy

WHY in the entire  system does 99% of everything require plastids...electric gun, plastids, alloys, plastids, wrist mounted sound gun, you guess it...plastids. i get warframe parts lore wise would require plastids (them being semi organic) but why does everything else need plastids, are they that one resource that is just thrown in when the team cant figure out what to put in?

not to mention how hard getting nearly 4k plastids is...come on i only can get 200-300 per mission

i also apologize if this was said before, this is the one issue ive noticed over my years of warframe, no other resource gives me this much of a headache more than plastids

29 minutes ago, ponyjimmy said:

come on i only can get 200-300 per mission

You need to find a better way to farm them. I use Assur, Uranus. I think I always leave with more than you are stating. 

• I have masses of Plastids so I don't pay that much attention to the exact counts.

3 hours ago, ponyjimmy said:

not to mention how hard getting nearly 4k plastids is...come on i only can get 200-300 per mission

Honest question here:
What missions are you running?
Are you attempting this with a farm frame (Nekros is the easiest, maybe a Hydroid or Khora with the Augments)?
Are you doing it solo, or in a group?

A solid survival on Saturn to 20 minutes can net a decent chunk of plastids, even without a booster and without a farm frame.
With a Nekros?  20 minutes on Saturn can get over 1K plastids.  Booster of course drives this up even more.

If you're just running captures/exterminates you won't end up with too many plastids, adjust your farm a bit into an endless mission and you'll have plenty of them before too long.

16 hours ago, Aldain said:

People complaining about plastids...meanwhile I can't even get remotely enough Hexenon to make Wisp...

Standard jupiter survival with a nekros lends at decent amount (around 250ish in 15 mins) Did a survival fissure on Jupitter and got over 700 in 25 minutes (I stay for the free relic). Slightly rarer than oxium but it comes to you with a little work.

Just now, (XB1)Ubern00ber88 said:

Standard jupiter survival with a nekros lends at decent amount (around 250ish in 15 mins) Did a survival fissure on Jupitter and got over 700 in 25 minutes (I stay for the free relic). Slightly rarer than oxium but it comes to you with a little work.

I swear the Switch version is bugged, I've gone 30 minutes/ waves in an attempt to farm it and I've left with no more than 80 or so at most. I mean I know its likely RNG but boy does it feel like Hexenon is just avoiding me.

To be fair, there is a really good reason why so many things involve Plastids, and it's because all of the stuff you'll encounter early game and in Clan research was all made at the same time in the game's history.

Back when they were created there simply weren't as many resources, it's why so many of the older frames like Rhino, Nekros, Banshee, Ember and Nova (to name a few) need Rubedo, and so on.

And in a similar, but inverse, way, it's why there's only six new parts and weapons that need Hexanon.

The older a resource is in the game, the more things you'll find use it. DE have really slowed down on the weapon and frame production up until this year (where we've already had three, with two more revealed), whereas back in the 2013-2015 era they were producing new weapons every couple of weeks and new Warframes every three months.

Is it any wonder why a resource crops up so many times when we have around 10,000 potential parts to build that could require it and it's been a part of the game for six years?

In any case, if you're having trouble farming there's a couple of things you can do. The first is to go to where Plastids drop the most, they're an 'uncommon' drop on Saturn, they drop in bunches of 10-30, and the fastest, most sure-fire way to farm them is to go where there's the most enemies can be killed and looted in the given time, which is the Infested Survival there.

Go there, kill Infested as fast and as much as you can, bring a frame like Nekros to increase your drops, and you'll come away with way more than 300. Just by sheer volume of enemies killed, you'll do more than that in ten minutes or so. Give it a shot.

If that's not your style, however, try running the Exterminate and Capture missions (which are faster) and break every single box and open every locker you see. That also results in a lot more drops than you'd think.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Test-995 said:

I think it's a problem with extremely unrewarding nature of exterminate/capture missions?

It's a problem that they decided to stash their loot in crates and lockers, knowing the tenno don't bother to open them

On 2019-06-26 at 11:28 AM, 844448 said:

It's a problem that they decided to stash their loot in crates and lockers, knowing the tenno don't bother to open them

Well... why don't you?

I realised I wasn't doing this a few months ago and decided that whenever I could smash stuff and take a minor diversion into a side room for lockers, I started gaining stuff I was looking for way, way faster than I thought.

The one particular thing I picked up so much more of was Ayatan Stars, particularly the Amber ones, and with that I filled all the Sculptures I'd been earning in Arbies and didn't think I'd ever get done.

In the most recent event that trick found me all the secret rooms in the new Gas City tile set meaning I killed a lot of the Amalgams and I was able to fully fund two of the event statues with the new Hexanon.

25 minutes ago, tychondus said:

You think farming plastid is bad. Wait till you need oxium. 

Dunno what to do with my 30,000 ++ Oxium...

16 minutes ago, tychondus said:

You think farming plastid is bad. Wait till you need oxium. 

Oxium is kinda a wierd break-point resource, it tends to be needed in lump sums for several random things and depending on an individual player's tastes in equipment, but once you get what you need it tends to rarely show up as a needed resource outside of some new research (where it ends up being REALLY NEEDED).

Plastids tend to be needed in significantly more blueprints, and is also heavily needed in research as well, plus unlike Oxium, which drops 100% of the time when killing the Osprey of the same name, Plastids are more uncommon and often are fighting for drop space on the small number of planets it drops on.

A better example of a difficult and uncommon resource that shows up on limited planets is Polymer Bundles, which only show up on Mercury, Venus and Uranus, two early planets and one with an irritating tileset featuring Sharcwing segments. Polymer also comes in HUGE needed amounts while only dropping around 40-80ish per drop.