The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Relic RNG sucks.

So here's an issue I just recently ran into which just made me quit the game instantly. Relics. I had used about ten Neo S10 relics (All of them radiated) and not a single time did I get the item I desired. It takes hours if you do not know what you are doing to get the void traces required to maximize your chances of getting the item you desire. And you can't simply buy a rare component either cause they are about 80-100 plat. 1000 void traces thrown into the garbage basically. Void traces should be easier to get and rare components should be easier to get when you enhance your relic to the max. 

I just quit for now until major changes happen to the game.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheExplodingWarrior said:

So here's an issue I just recently ran into which just made me quit the game instantly. Relics. I had used about ten Neo S10 relics (All of them radiated) and not a single time did I get the item I desired. It takes hours if you do not know what you are doing to get the void traces required to maximize your chances of getting the item you desire. And you can't simply buy a rare component either cause they are about 80-100 plat. 1000 void traces thrown into the garbage basically. Void traces should be easier to get and rare components should be easier to get when you enhance your relic to the max. 

you don't know how lucky you are do you? good luck getting whatever part you want back in the keys era

10 relics is nothing, especially for a vaulted item which explains why the price is so high.....except the price isn't high, compared to the 200+ for the rare part back in the day 

also, getting traces is hard? just wait for a CAP mission, get your cat, then spam that as many times as you want. you'll have enough after an hour. and you'd be smart to just farm common parts, or whatever parts you got from those 10 relics you opened, sell those then buy the part you want

if you don't want to understand the game and play it smart, then don't complain. there's workarounds for everything

at any rate, this isn't gonna change so don't let the door hit you butt on the way out

• Like 5

Lol I ran 26 rads consecutively between two fissure missions without a gold component about a month ago. It is annoying to run many rads back to back and get nothing in return but I’ve also ran 9 Rhino BP relics and gotten 6 BPs. RNG is RNG just be happy you aren’t trying to roll a riven. 

• Like 1

Just 10? I had open mine for 50 and don't get any rare... Also, I've Solo most of it so yeah... 50 relics and all my void trace.

If you want to quit just quit. Warframe is a game where people come and go all the time. I've stop playing like 2 years or so and just come back recently (and by recently I mean about a year now lol). So, just losing curent player by 1 mean nothing since there are also return player too.

A rad relic gives 10% chance of a rare so it's about a 39% chance of not getting anything rare in 10 runs. So the odds aren't exactly great and your experience isn't terribly far out of expectations. 

If you want better chances go look for a radshare team in recruit chat. That bumps up your chances of a rare in one run to about 34%. Still not great but much better than solo.

Edit: made a mistake in the calculation of not getting a rare in 10 runs. Should be 35%

Edited by Oldskinzz

A bunch of Tenno are in denial. The RNG is garbage. Stop lying to yourselves. I have made more Warframes and weapons accidentally than intentionally. Meaning that I accumulated more parts that I didn't want than ones that I did. If you make a relic radiant you should never get the bottom items. Period.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)toneone3000 said:

A bunch of Tenno are in denial. The RNG is garbage. Stop lying to yourselves.

I don't know, I've always gotten everything I need in 6-7 runs.

Maybe I'm just lucky...

Or maybe that's because I use the tools at my disposal and do rad shares or staggers instead of screaming at the wall that I threw 10 exclusive relics at RNG and came out empty.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)toneone3000 said:

A bunch of Tenno are in denial. The RNG is garbage. Stop lying to yourselves. I have made more Warframes and weapons accidentally than intentionally. Meaning that I accumulated more parts that I didn't want than ones that I did. If you make a relic radiant you should never get the bottom items. Period.

You are complaining about the drop rates, not RNG. Know the difference.

The RNG works just fine. Every so often you see salty people claiming it's rigged but every single time someone has actually gathered an adequate sample of data (not "hurr durr i ran 6 radshares and didnt get the rare drop DE pls fix"), the results were as could be expected.

Apparently, OP can't sell all the prime parts he got from the 10 relics to scrape some plat together for the rare part...

Unless it's 10 forma.

Edited by Guest

I get you don't like to run endless, though it doesn't surprise me considering how many bad teams you get in matchmaking that just quit at 5 or so.

Ever tried farming relics at ESO, then playing fissures?

You can get a lot of void traces that way as you don't need to spend the majority of them since you drop some rad relics too.

Just stock up on relics and you will never run out of traces while running fissures frequently enough.

Also bringing the kavat is a good advice, Smeeta rarely triggers, but when it does its effects are really useful.

Most relic missions are just bad, but from time to time you get one, where even unrefined relics drop gold parts. Just save your radiant relics for those "good" fissures and you'll have no trouble getting your wanted part with 10 radiants.

3 minutes ago, _Mannaroth_ said:

Most relic missions are just bad, but from time to time you get one, where even unrefined relics drop gold parts. Just save your radiant relics for those "good" fissures and you'll have no trouble getting your wanted part with 10 radiants.

I dunno if this is pure troll or ignorance...🤔

vor 14 Minuten schrieb Datam4ss:

I dunno if this is pure troll or ignorance...🤔

Oh I'm totally serious. I had such missions lots of times.

The reason for that is simple: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlier

When you throw a coin often enough, you'll sooner or later get lots of heads or lots of tails in a row. In the same way there are sometimes missions in which you get more rare drops than usual. It does not happen very often but from time to time I got some lucky hits, when I paid attention to this statistical behavior.

PS: It might also be dependent on the group but that's not easy to verify.

Edited by _Mannaroth_

Tough luck. I can imagine getting upset. For what it is worth back in the day way back years ago it took me 6 months of daily grinding (Orokin Key - as they were back then, one or few each day) before I got my first Prime item. I kid you not. So I mean... it could be worse, right?

2 hours ago, _Mannaroth_ said:

Oh I'm totally serious. I had such missions lots of times.

The reason for that is simple: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlier

When you throw a coin often enough, you'll sooner or later get lots of heads or lots of tails in a row. In the same way there are sometimes missions in which you get more rare drops than usual. It does not happen very often but from time to time I got some lucky hits, when I paid attention to this statistical behavior.

PS: It might also be dependent on the group but that's not easy to verify.

Yes, always choose the rifts marked with the beneficial outlier symbol.  And definitely avoid the detrimental outlier missions--hoo boy, them things are terrible.

I'm surprised more people don't pay attention to this.

On 2019-06-27 at 3:34 PM, TheExplodingWarrior said:

Yeah been there, done that. Refine relic, crack open and collect. Seems simple right? Except many foundry builds have that one part with a sucky drop rate so the what seems the simplest route is often the slowest. That's intentional. Stretching things out to almost beyond reach challenges and draws you in to git gud at finding a better way. As others have said, radshare with a group or sell parts for plat to buy the rarer parts you need. Radiant relics may not deliver on demand but all relics give you tradable stuff, leverage it. It's not just a clever player workaround to a flawed mechanic, it's a lesson in lateral thinking that will serve you in other areas of the game. Have fun with it.

RNGesus loves me this I know,

For the Lotus tells me so.

But seriously: I get where you are coming from. I've been incredibly lucky with my drops but I often do RadShares with my clan. Maybe this has helped. All I can say is keep at it.

The odds are you'll never hatch a shiny Pokémon from just ten eggs.