The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So.... Don't Farm Toroids ?

Lutesque

Question

So now with all the events gone and night wave completed I can get back to my regularly scheduled Grinding....

So... unlike most other players I completely ignored the Vox Solaris Syndicate because I knew I was going to get Blockaded by the dreaded Atmo Systems.... so I never bothered with Farming Toroids directly from the enemies.... atleast certainly not to trade in for standing. 

I don't think DE mean for us to progress through Vox Solaris this way.... instead ive been getting Toroids directly from the Profit Taker Bounties themselves. I do Phase 4 to get the big Toroid and that's how il cap my standing and then il do the Other Phases to aquire the rest if the toroids which il only use to sacrifice to gain the next Rank... which is how I feel like the drop chances were balanced around....

I don't know maybe I only feel this is the case because I have the worst luck getting Toroids to drop from enemies. 

Right now I need Vega toroids just to sacrifce for the next rank... this means doing Phase 1 over and over again....I would usually do this with Chroma ir Inaros but I don't hsve a convenient way of healing them in all the Chaos so I decided to do them with Octavia The Destroyer....fishing and baby sitting the drone is easy. 

The part where I struggled the most was baby sitting the console because the game forces the global alert levels to Rise.... and while this has zero effect on The enemies being able to find Octavia (except for the Raknoids).... it does litter the entire Area with AOE Damage effects all capable of one shotting me.... I didn't Forma my Octavia so I don't have room for Vitality or quick thinking (which doesn't work anyway.... I've been rolling with Max Duration and slightly positive range and very low Power Strength because I only need to CC the enemies....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewarette said:

Arcane Grace and/or Vazarin school with Protective Dash are great to heal healing-less Warframes

I've just been using Health Restore specifically for the profit taker on phase 4..... 

For everything else I don't bother because I don't know how long its going to take to get all the crap I need.

I can use Vazarin because then I won't have energy to use my Abilities to begin with.....

I might just buy Arcane Grace.... maybe..... just maybe....

Just now, rastaban75 said:

For Vega toroids, go to the Spaceport. You need to raise the alert level there as well, but the area is much more manageable and less chaotic for a variety of frames/weapons combinations.

Like I said.... I have terrible luck getting Toroids like this.... I went there with Nekros and Hydroid with Loot Augments and after the enemies scaled up to oneshot leves I only walked away with 2 Toroids....

I'd rather do the bounty. 

since l00t Abilities got nerfed, who even knows. does mean that fighting at the Bases to get Toroids is dramatically worse in the best case scenario. in turn meaning Players spending more time there to achieve what they need to achieve.

Don't farm toroids for XP. Only get the amount required for ranking up. Also, don't use PT toroids for XP, use Exploiter ones. PT toroids give 6k xp a pop, Exploiter are double that. With a drop booster, you get 24k xp per run.

The only reason to farm regular toroids is crafting, thankfully there aren't that many things (yet) that require toroids. Also, with a good squad and drop boosters you can get around 20 toroids per 30 min (if RNGesus decides to be helpful) with Nekros.

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Like I said.... I have terrible luck getting Toroids like this.... I went there with Nekros and Hydroid with Loot Augments and after the enemies scaled up to oneshot leves I only walked away with 2 Toroids....

I'd rather do the bounty. 

1 go to space port

2 kill enemies until you have at least a 4 alert alarm going

3 keep killing enemies

4 have a resource booster active

5 within 10 minutes of starting the first alert you'll be able to walk away with 2 toroids and a bucket load of other resources

6 keep going to get more.

Space port is relatively easy compared to the Temple one.

BTW, If you're wf of choice can't handle the fight, no matter if you do space port of 1st phase,  then you have to beef up the frame or pick a different one. According to what you say, you're beloved Octavia can't handle it. So .... here's an idea... pick another one. Or come back later when you do have the muscle to do it.

• Like 3

I would usually do this with Chroma ir Inaros but I don't hsve a convenient way of healing them in all the Chaos

Inaros has several healing strategies depending on how you're built.  The Sand-in-The-eyes Finsiher is the go-to, but the #2 drain can be useful too (you take no damage while healing) and I was using that a lot when dealing with the Wolf.  If you have enough power boost and range the #4 is actually pretty good.

That said, it's a general comment not related to what you're doing specifically... haven't really tried it. 

What about using Hunter's Adrenaline for Chroma's energy supply? Then it frees you from having to use zenurik for when you need to bring him.

Not sure if running stage 1 is the fastest way but regardless, for bounties my experience is that Slowva is super useful. Doesn't really matter how cluttered the field is if everything moves at 25% speed. Especially if you bring an AOE weapon too.

Back when Profit Taker fight was still unavailable, I just went to the corresponding location (solo Nekros or with a team) and made sure my Kavat loot buff is on before picking any Toroids up. You might want to build around Shield of Shadows and slap an Arcane Guardian on, too. Magus Elevate is a great help as well. 

Nowadays you might want to build your Kavat without Fetch for that, too. If you run a Resource Booster on top of Kavat loot buff that's at least 4 Toroids per pickup, 8 if it's a Resource weekend of Thermia Fractures are under Tenno control. 

Before the spiders were a thing, but knowing toriods might be useful once later standing would be unlocked for little duck, I farmed about 6-800 of each.

I found a tank hydroid was easier than nekros because his tentacles were not as easily defeated by the barrage of nullifiers, and I'd just quick-cast if necessary on enemy spawns when the blue light bubble indicated where they were going to come in.

Smeeta cat and wait for buff if possible.

indoors was always easier since you don't have the larger spiders (although now they drop toriods too although I haven't gotten one to drop one other than the mites on the exploiter fight).  Also, indoors the enemies don't get stuck on the roof of the buildings or the wrong side of the wall outside of enemy radar range, and the loot is in a more manageable area.

I used R3 energize as there are plenty of energy orbs dropping, and an R3 grace, s2w whip w/healing return, and one R3 magus elevate and the other magus operator healing one (this was before Repair existed - now I use 1 R3 Repair and 1 R3 lockdown). Also I used a sniper to pick off enemies that were too close to alert beacons so I wouldn't accidently melee the beacon.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg

2 hours ago, (PS4)kite9000 said:

1 go to space port

2 kill enemies until you have at least a 4 alert alarm going

3 keep killing enemies

4 have a resource booster active

5 within 10 minutes of starting the first alert you'll be able to walk away with 2 toroids and a bucket load of other resources

6 keep going to get more.

Space port is relatively easy compared to the Temple one.

You don't get it do you ? 

What part of I have terrible luck don't you understand ? 

2 hours ago, (PS4)kite9000 said:

BTW, If you're wf of choice can't handle the fight, no matter if you do space port of 1st phase,  then you have to beef up the frame or pick a different one. According to what you say, you're beloved Octavia can't handle it. So .... here's an idea... pick another one. Or come back later when you do have the muscle to do it.

What fight ? Its a Baby Sitting Mission.....

1 hour ago, Krenlik said:

Inaros has several healing strategies depending on how you're built

Nullifier Drone comes and ruins all strategies....

5 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

Just use a more suitable frame for the bounty then? 

Such as ? 

1 hour ago, CephalonDizzy said:

What about using Hunter's Adrenaline for Chroma's energy supply? Then it frees you from having to use zenurik for when you need to bring him

Because with Chroma's Health and only 75% Efficiency I won't be able to sustain Vex Armor for 2 Minutes straight....

Not sure if running stage 1 is the fastest way but regardless, for bounties my experience is that Slowva is super useful

Nova would actually be good if I had molecular fission.... and a convenient source of healing. 

Doesn't really matter how cluttered the field is if everything moves at 25% speed. Especially if you bring an AOE weapon too.

Not Everything.... The Terra Shield Drones will protect some enemies and the turrets in the area don't seem to be affected. 

1 hour ago, Reifnir said:

You might want to build around Shield of Shadows and slap an Arcane Guardian on, too. Magus Elevate is a great help as well. 

LoL.... I don't have any of these...

1 hour ago, (XB1)Tucker D Dawg said:

I found a tank hydroid was easier than nekros because his tentacles were not as easily defeated by the barrage of nullifiers, and I'd just quick-cast if necessary on enemy spawns when the blue light bubble indicated where they were going to come in.

A what ? 

(although now they drop toriods too although I haven't gotten one to drop one other than the mites on the exploiter fight).

They drop them when you no longer need them.... ive killed a bunch of them and they dropped didly squat.... that includes ammo or credits. 

I used R3 energize as there are plenty of energy orbs dropping, and an R3 grace, s2w whip w/healing return, and one R3 magus elevate and the other magus operator healing one (this was before Repair existed - now I use 1 R3 Repair and 1 R3 lockdown). Also I used a sniper to pick off enemies that were too close to alert beacons so I wouldn't accidently melee the beacon

How does Healing return work exactly ? 

latest?cb=20171007150906

The Description made it seem like its useless....

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

You don't get it do you ? 

What part of I have terrible luck don't you understand ? 

What fight ? Its a Baby Sitting Mission.....

Nullifier Drone comes and ruins all strategies....

Such as ? 

Because with Chroma's Health and only 75% Efficiency I won't be able to sustain Vex Armor for 2 Minutes straight....

Nova would actually be good if I had molecular fission.... and a convenient source of healing. 

Not Everything.... The Terra Shield Drones will protect some enemies and the turrets in the area don't seem to be affected. 

LoL.... I don't have any of these...

A what ? 

They drop them when you no longer need them.... ive killed a bunch of them and they dropped didly squat.... that includes ammo or credits. 

latest?cb=20171007150906

The Description made it seem like its useless....

first thing i'd note is if you are using a fire chroma his 2 restores health equal to the buff as the way it works the buff dropping only effects your max health but the buff being cast effects your max and current health

second is healing return works by per status per hit so if i hit a target 4 times when they have 3 status effects on them it will heal me for 132 at max rank or 11*3*4 or 11 per status (3 in this example) per hit (4 in this example) this should also be noted to be per tick of damage so weapons like redeemer prime can do things like restoring anywhere from just under 100 to over 1000 using healing return depending on how many status effects you can get on your unfortunate victim.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

latest?cb=20171007150906

The Description made it seem like its useless.

Everythgin Girador said.

I use it for personal survivability not keeping drones alive (a concern you mentioned in your OP) etc as I don't bother with the bounties and it doesn't work on allies etc anyway.  It works great with melee saryn (or any other melee frame) on any endurance - ESO, MoT whatever.  

I would also add since the status effects are RNG, I don't shoot guns until low on health, then try to melee my way out of it as that is unreliable - I use it when I know I'm planning on melee'ing often anyway so its always working for me keeping me generally topped off whenever Arcane Grace decides to take a nap.  Also, if your melee one-shots everything like mine below level 150 enemies or so, it won't start helping you until the enemies can survive the first whack and actually get a status and be hit again.

Edited by (XB1)Tucker D Dawg
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Well in honesty I just mentioned it because someone suggested vazarin dash and this is a way to work around the energy concerns. 

At 75% Vex + Ward will take less than 200 energy, so you just need 400ish health damage to regain the energy, and vazarin dash can heal you. My personal combo of choice is almost always going to be lifestrike + hunters adrenaline as long as you have other methods for dealing with the nullies.

Nova won't stop everything but at least she helps make it more manageable since she has good survivability and can reduce enemy DPS. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Girador said:

First thing i'd note is if you are using a fire chroma his 2 restores health equal to the buff as the way it works the buff dropping only effects your max health but the buff being cast effects your max and current health

Knew That Already.... but I lose HP Way too quickly so I just go with Ice Ward Chroma instead. Infact I always go for More durability over more health to lose just because methods of Healing Don't Scale.

3 hours ago, Girador said:

second is healing return works by per status per hit so if i hit a target 4 times when they have 3 status effects on them it will heal me for 132 at max rank or 11*3*4 or 11 per status (3 in this example) per hit (4 in this example) this should also be noted to be per tick of damage so weapons like redeemer prime can do things like restoring anywhere from just under 100 to over 1000 using healing return depending on how many status effects you can get on your unfortunate victim.

Nice.... how do I get this mod again ? 

2 hours ago, (XB1)DoctahGxb1 said:

I also think you can only get like 2 torioids before you should leave the area, head to Fortuna, and reset, then you can go back and get more.  It seems most help articles say it's easy to get like 2 then you are best to reset and go back.

Getting a single one takes too long....and if im going to reset this many times I may as well do the Bounty for standing. 

2 hours ago, CephalonDizzy said:

At 75% Vex + Ward will take less than 200 energy, so you just need 400ish health damage to regain the energy, and vazarin dash can heal you. My personal combo of choice is almost always going to be lifestrike + hunters adrenaline as long as you have other methods for dealing with the nullies.

LoL.... that is way too much damage for my 740 Health pool... 😞

30 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Knew That Already.... but I lose HP Way too quickly so I just go with Ice Ward Chroma instead. Infact I always go for More durability over more health to lose just because methods of Healing Don't Scale.

Nice.... how do I get this mod again ? 

Getting a single one takes too long....and if im going to reset this many times I may as well do the Bounty for standing. 

Hmm i can't help but wonder what your Chroma build is as i have never run into a situation where the bonus armor from Ice ward outweighed the healing and increased Max HP from fire ward

As to the where to get healing return just do any missions with a lot of crawlers and you will eventually get it to drop pre-Jovian Concord my go to was Sinai but not sure how that map has changed these days.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

Then use some sort of lifesteal melee. You DO realize that's the suggestion I am making yes? Hunter's adrenaline just makes it convenient to use lifestrike.

My first point is literally just pointing hunter's adrenaline CAN regain the cost of casting vex + ward. This is based on the fact that 740 > 400. It's up to you to make sure you regenerate health sufficient fast enough

Vazarin dash, lifestrike, healing return, are all methods of giving health back to your warframe. Again, this is based on actual game mechanics. Whichever you chose is up to playstyle, not because the game isn't giving you tools to use.

If you can prove to me that 740 < 400, then and only then would you be objectively and irrefutably correct.

If lifestrike or vaz dash don't heal you despite you activating them properly, then you need to report it as a bug.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Lutesque:

Such as ? 

Bounty frames that worked for me:

Khora with Pilfering Strangledome

Garuda simple survival build (range for blood altar, vitality, steel fiber, quick thinking)

Gara with mening spliters and good strength

Rhino survival build

Mesa Cheese

If you struggle with healing, let either your pet heal you

latest?cb=20181130034221

Or let your sentinel heal you

latest?cb=20171007152956

Then there is arcane grace as Warframe arcane which also makes it easier. 

And there is Magnus Elevate and Magnus Nourish for your operator. You basically go into operator mode in emergency situations to to heal. 

Finally there is Rolling Guard to play around with. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Girador said:

Hmm i can't help but wonder what your Chroma build is as i have never run into a situation where the bonus armor from Ice ward outweighed the healing and increased Max HP from fire ward

Well then in that case it really doesn't matter does it ? 

Neither one is going to work for with amount of Damage the enemies do to me....

14 hours ago, Girador said:

As to the where to get healing return just do any missions with a lot of crawlers and you will eventually get it to drop pre-Jovian Concord my go to was Sinai but not sure how that map has changed these days

Too Late.... already bought it...... didn't know it was one of those 30 000 Endo Mods...

13 hours ago, CephalonDizzy said:

Then use some sort of lifesteal melee. You DO realize that's the suggestion I am making yes? Hunter's adrenaline just makes it convenient to use lifestrike

Which would be great.... except it doesn't work....

11 hours ago, k05h said:

Garuda simple survival build (range for blood altar, vitality, steel fiber, quick thinking)

You do realise im farming Toroids right ? 

I don't have any left to spare to build Garuda....

I mean thats like me saying you should do Cetus Bounties with Gara....

11 hours ago, k05h said:

Gara with mening spliters and good strength

No it isn't....

11 hours ago, k05h said:

Mesa Cheese

Mesa Would Get Destroyed on the Profit taker Bounties.... puncture/Slash Procs plus exessive AoE damage.... im pretty the purpose of those bounties was designed almost exclusively to punish you for using Mesa. 

11 hours ago, k05h said:

Khora with Pilfering Strangledome

Still need the blueprint....

14 hours ago, (PS4)meow121325 said:

dude it doesnt matter your RNG with good frames and builds and a good team doing space port etc is still the best way to get them

Thats not how RNG Works....

12 hours ago, k05h said:

If you struggle with healing, let either your pet heal you

latest?cb=20181130034221

Isn't this how I heal my pet ? In any case I don't have any attacking precepts on my Pets.... thats just going to get them killed....well.... killed faster....

12 hours ago, k05h said:

Or let your sentinel heal you

latest?cb=20171007152956

I don't have Carrier Prime or Primed Regen...

12 hours ago, k05h said:

And there is Magnus Elevate and Magnus Nourish for your operator. You basically go into operator mode in emergency situations to to heal. 

I only have one nourish.... the best it does it half the number of Health Restores I need to use....

15 hours ago, vitreloy said:

I use nekros to farm toroid, he will increase your chances for getting toroid drop.

He would.... if he could stay alive long enough....

14 hours ago, CephalonDizzy said:

Vazarin dash, lifestrike, healing return, are all methods of giving health back to your warframe. Again, this is based on actual game mechanics. Whichever you chose is up to playstyle, not because the game isn't giving you tools to use.

Im sorry but if you got an message in your inbox where you got Protective Dash and a max Rank Healing Return then good for you.... I got no such message so yes the game doesn't give you didly squat.... 

Life Strike just simply Doesn't Work.... 

If you can prove to me that 740 < 400, then and only then would you be objectively and irrefutably correct

It don't know what the hell "740 <40" even means.... 

As for proof.... I do what works for me based on my circumstances. If whatever works for you then great.... it doesn't work for me.

If lifestrike or vaz dash don't heal you despite you activating them properly, then you need to report it as a bug.

Its not a bug.... its Melee 3.0.... Those of us who play on Controller can't channel... ergo... No Life Strike.... 

And why do you act like Protective dash is something everyone Has by Default....