Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Empyrean Release Date?

Torbamf

Just now, giovanniluca said:

You people are forgetting this 

A number of people in my clan have encountered not just the Occulysts, but Battlysts and Vombo's in Uranus missions.  Things are ramping up.
We may NOT get 'New-War' proper before haxmass, but the opening shots have already been fired.

43 minutes ago, giovanniluca said:

Christmas 2019 is the date for New War.

Railjack part 2 is meant to come a week or more before christmas as most likely part 3 includes New War.

Yes, it's " meant to come"

people didn't forget, they just kown that deadlines never happen

41 minutes ago, Shemarria said:

A number of people in my clan have encountered not just the Occulysts, but Battlysts and Vombo's in Uranus missions.  Things are ramping up.
We may NOT get 'New-War' proper before haxmass, but the opening shots have already been fired.

Sounds great

I think the Railjack missions are pretty close to completion(this/next week with about 70% probability) based on some reasons:

1. They missed the thursday patch and the only development related staff replies are console release patch notes which means the waiting period ended and it was accepted by sony. This looks like a typical crunch time thing (before every big update they stop releasing patches and just compile them with the big update).

2. Steve mentioned a new update having a high chance of being released before 2020.

3. The railjack has a completed launch sequence so most likely some stuff from phase 2 is already in and just locked until everything else arrives.

32 minutes ago, Eyn_Sof said:

I think the Railjack missions are pretty close to completion(this/next week with about 70% probability) based on some reasons:

1. They missed the thursday patch and the only development related staff replies are console release patch notes which means the waiting period ended and it was accepted by sony. This looks like a typical crunch time thing (before every big update they stop releasing patches and just compile them with the big update).

2. Steve mentioned a new update having a high chance of being released before 2020.

3. The railjack has a completed launch sequence so most likely some stuff from phase 2 is already in and just locked until everything else arrives.

Bear in mind the opening sequence was just the Tennocon one using the current colour scheme, and it wouldn't go anywhere if you cancelled the mission. I don't think that entirely counts.

Points 1 and 2 are promising though.

hace 17 horas, giovanniluca dijo:

Christmas 2019 is the date for New War.

Railjack part 2 is meant to come a week or more before christmas as most likely part 3 includes New War.

These are separate big updates... first come empyream then new war  next year..

42 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Bear in mind the opening sequence was just the Tennocon one using the current colour scheme, and it wouldn't go anywhere if you cancelled the mission. I don't think that entirely counts.

Points 1 and 2 are promising though.

Good point with it being Tennocon one, but I somewhat doubt that it was a Tennocon remnant, maybe this is how you launch your railjack the first time?(its plausible and later on the launch animation can be different)

What I mean is that some content from railjack may be in the game but "locked"(basically rerouted to not let us interact with it) like they locked the starchart console on railjack(made it so interaction with it played a voice line) but the menu bypasses the console interaction so it was possible to launch the railjack because the launch part got accessed but because it was still disonnected from missions it just lead to "infinite loading" (this is not 100% but still possible).

Edited by Eyn_Sof

One thing I need to add, that hints they have hands full of work right now, is that in Friday I left support ticket, because I lost both Grendel locator and got no systems after finishing its mission. They have still not replied, I only got auto mail, that this may take even longer because they have a lot of stuff to do.

6 minutes ago, Furebel said:

One thing I need to add, that hints they have hands full of work right now, is that in Friday I left support ticket, because I lost both Grendel locator and got no systems after finishing its mission. They have still not replied, I only got auto mail, that this may take even longer because they have a lot of stuff to do.

Support staff are not the development team. The former tend to be hit or miss if you get someone who cares or not, the latter tends to try and care though sometimes misses the mark. Though at least they actually try, compared to a lot of devs out there. So you getting delayed on support ticket responses is unfortunately normal, especially right now. Lots of occasional bugs that break things in sometimes hilarious ways, other times horrible. They have their hands full but it's not the dev crew :clem:

11 minutes ago, Furebel said:

Support is completely separate from the dev team in everyway so that should have no bearing whatsoever on anything to do with WFS development. They are completely unrelated

36 minutes ago, StinkyPygmy said:

Support is completely separate from the dev team in everyway so that should have no bearing whatsoever on anything to do with WFS development. They are completely unrelated

39 minutes ago, RhiawhynZerinth said:

Support staff are not the development team. The former tend to be hit or miss if you get someone who cares or not, the latter tends to try and care though sometimes misses the mark. Though at least they actually try, compared to a lot of devs out there. So you getting delayed on support ticket responses is unfortunately normal, especially right now. Lots of occasional bugs that break things in sometimes hilarious ways, other times horrible. They have their hands full but it's not the dev crew :clem:

Yeah, yeah, I know these are different departments, but I know how it looks, you have plenty of guys that can do also other work, I'm sure that many of these from support also know their drill on bugfixing, so they might have shifted some hands from one place to another. I know that on my experience, I am animator, but I'm sure I did more hours on modeling, rendering, post processing, and 2D photoshops than I did on making animations. So it might be the same thing there.

8 minutes ago, Furebel said:

Yeah, yeah, I know these are different departments, but I know how it looks, you have plenty of guys that can do also other work, I'm sure that many of these from support also know their drill on bugfixing, so they might have shifted some hands from one place to another. I know that on my experience, I am animator, but I'm sure I did more hours on modeling, rendering, post processing, and 2D photoshops than I did on making animations. So it might be the same thing there.

Support is actually completely outsourced in WFs case (or was last time DE mentioned it). its done by people from a company that specifically handles these things. I'm sure in some cases this is true, but in this case support 100% has nothing to do with development, doubt any of them are even in the game dev industry. Which is probably why they at times seem to not give crap honestly. Sucks, but sometimes that's what happens with 3rd party companies handling another business busy work.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Generally there's a devstream every other week, and the one where Reb tryhard soloed it because the others were trying to ship Rising Tide was 2 weeks ago. 

And they haven't announced another devstream for this week, which often happens because they have their collective nose to the grindstone trying to get an update out.  So. . .

. . . Ellipsis intensifies . . .

Also, ah,

8 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Spoiler

Rebecca is very confident that it will drop before December 31st, 11:59:59 PM.

Not well-known factoid:  Decades, centuries, and such start on years that end in 1; as an example, Jan 1st 2001 A.D. was actually the start of the 21st century, even though Jan 1st 2000 got all the hype. 

So technically, they have until the very end of 2020 to get Railjack in on this decade. . .  But please don't get any ideas, Steve. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CriticalFumble said:

Generally there's a devstream every other week, and the one where Reb tryhard soloed it because the others were trying to ship Rising Tide was 2 weeks ago. 

And they haven't announced another devstream for this week, which often happens because they have their collective nose to the grindstone trying to get an update out.  So. . .

. . . Ellipsis intensifies . . .

They'll usually say it's not coming, but yes, it is suspicious.

Excitingly suspicious.

25 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:
-snip-

First of all, where is the proof she said this, 2nd this an't rebbs twitter, just some random persons

10 minutes ago, CriticalFumble said:

-snip-

Because it's only Wednesday, Devstreams announcements are later in the evening, so no, there's no "Ellipsis intensifies", this is false hype

1 minute ago, ANTIDON said:

This friday's evening.
Place your bets

That might be cutting it a bit too close. This is the Year's Big Update, they wanna make sure they have time to squeeze out some hotfixes before the weekend. It's either today, tomorrow, or next week. 

Or I'm entirely wrong, either way I'm happy

3 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Oh, I should have clarified that it was RT'd by Rebecca, not posted by her.

And this means what excaly, not to burst your bubble or anything but all this is showing on how "successful and amazing" the devs are, not excalty showing "Yes this year"

Edited by Circle_of_Psi