Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why every human npc so unattractive?

Looks like a lot happened in this thread while I was without WiFi! *Starts making another bag of popcorn*

10 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

If you want to post animu, why stop halfway?

Credits go to our fellow player ZXPFER, appreciate his art today!:

worm_queen_by_zxpfer_dctpa47-fullview.jp

So are you saying there's a 4th option to do with that flask of kuva?

2 hours ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

Looks like a lot happened in this thread while I was without WiFi! *Starts making another bag of popcorn*

So are you saying there's a 4th option to do with that flask of kuva?

That's open to interpretation, is it not?

Art is subjective.

We will never uncover Zxpfer's true intent, or the motive he had in portraying the Kuva.

1 hour ago, Datam4ss said:

That's open to interpretation, is it not?

Art is subjective.

We will never uncover Zxpfer's true intent, or the motive he had in portraying the Kuva.

This piece of art depicts the struggle of the young worm queen, desperately trying to harvest Kuva to bring back her twin sister that was cruelly taken away from her.  The position of her hands, shielding her body, suggests she is being coerced into surrendering the flask at gunpoint.

The kuva flask, represents life. In game, it is the blood of the orokin and a crucial part in sacred orokin ceremony of continuity which marks the rebirth of a soul in a new corporeal vessel through a chosen Yuvan. To the Tenno, it represents Riven rerolling, a process that while deemed sacred to some, is often denounced as cult-like by the larger community. To the higher powers at DE, in many ways rerolling is the modern equivalent of continuity. Rivens are reborn and thus extending time played, as the hapless souls of a once idealstic player is scooped out and replaced by a type of soul known as a "bitter vet".

Worm's childlike face represents innocence, and the pained expression she displays represents unfortunate events that befall to those who are powerless to stop it. We see that although Worm has taken great pains to construct kuva siphons and recruit entire divisions for the sole purpose of protecting these devices, she ultimately cannot stop the Tenno from robbing her of the Kuva she requires to restore her sister and fulfill her familial duty. As an uncanny parallel, we as players, through our painstaking efforts of gather kuva to build the perfect rivens so that we can better protect the universe by killing enemies slightly more dead, are powerless to stop the riven rebalances enacted by DE.

In many ways, we are like the worm queen. She, motivated by love for her sister. Us, motivated by love for powercreep. Perhaps through this art Grineer and Tenno can finally find common ground and bring peace to the origin system. This is a powerful piece of artwork.

TL;DR:

lol anime waifu

Edited by CephalonDizzy
Why is it when art critics BS like this they are "cultured" and "professional" but when I do it all of sudden it's "weird" and "I have no life"

Humanoids do look a bit strange in the game.  I've always written it off as just an in-universe style item.  Years of evolutionary change, between societies separated by great distance/environment, can bring about significant physical feature differences.  It's basic Darwinism.  Also, you notice that Orokin-like people (aka Natah) look more traditionally beautiful human.  Ballas looks like a classic Roman sculpture in his features (before Umbra).  Inbreeding, genetic engineering, evolution, and environment all probably play a part in how drastically different each cultures appearances come across.  

Also interesting, take a look at this article:  #785d49445a96How the Human Face Might Look in 100000 Years

maxresdefault.jpg

79ba108bfd0a7bcd6c422f44323cc912.jpg

Edited by Alaeacus

This thread is hilarious. People getting tilted and arguing about stuff that has nothing to do with character design or making meshes and textures. The people that make WFs npcs/ frames are great at doing crazy looking space monsters and metal armored zombies. They aren't that great at making human faces look like something other than a potato. This actually very common among artists. Some people are great at portraits, but suck at making or drawing creatures; some people make awesome looking abstract art, but can't do a still life, and vice versa. That's it. No need for subjective pseudo intellectual nonsense. It's a simple matter of individual artists being better at creating specific styles of art.

Also, that's not Pedlek sleeping in that chair. Hok is insane, Pedlek is just a figment of his imagination. :tongue:

On 2019-07-22 at 12:49 PM, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Now this looks dope

Well that explains it. OP wants warframe to be anime with bewbs and lolis.  Maybe try playing korean MMOs instead?

On 2019-07-22 at 10:36 AM, InfinitusPhoenix said:

- that npc is ugly

- no, because in some third world country in some distant past this npc would be considered good looking, so it's ok!

It should be like this. 

Op - having many ugly people with no anime faces is unrealistic! Heres some logic to explain why~

Others - your logic is flawed and heres why~

Op - my reasoning is considered flawed so I will proceed to use logical fallacy to save face.  

Edited by goatwin

42 minutes ago, goatwin said:

Well that explains it. OP wants warframe to be anime with bewbs and lolis.  Maybe try playing korean MMOs instead?

It should be like this. 

Op - having many ugly people with no anime faces is unrealistic! Heres some logic to explain why~

Op - my reasoning is considered flawed so I will proceed to use logical fallacy to save face.  

Where did I say that I want anime faces?

People here can't even read right...

I want attractive faces. It doesn't need to be anime themed

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, goatwin said:

It should be like this. 

To be fair to OP, you obviously didn't read what he asked for correctly, before proceeding to words into his mouth.

I mean, I didn't know Megan Fox was anime but I guess everything that considered attractive by even a select group of people has to be anime now.

12 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Where did I say that I want anime faces?

People here can't even read right...

I want attractive faces. It doesn't need to be anime themed

Isn’t that subjective? what attractive to you =/= attractive to others.

Some may find ticker to be attractive, others maroo. For some neko anime characters are attractive for others the cats (from the recent trailer) are. 

DE has choose to present npcs with different theme. So far you haven’t found one that you think is attractive. But it doesn’t mean that no one haven’t found one either

38 minutes ago, novalery said:

Some may find ticker to be attractive, others maroo. For some neko anime characters are attractive for others the cats (from the recent trailer) are. 

DE has choose to present npcs with different theme. So far you haven’t found one that you think is attractive. But it doesn’t mean that no one haven’t found one either

All npcs and operators in WF have ugly faces.

You just speak about the body shape and overall theme of npcs (catgirls).

And cats are attractive? Wtf? Like real cats?

39 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

All npcs and operators in WF have ugly faces.

You just speak about the body shape and overall theme of npcs (catgirls).

And cats are attractive? Wtf? Like real cats?

No i did not. I’m talking about every aspect of them, their faces, body, the way they talk, etc.

and even if you select only one aspect of something.  Whether or not something is attractive is subjective.

24 minutes ago, novalery said:

No i did not. I’m talking about every aspect of them, their faces, body, the way they talk, etc.

and even if you select only one aspect of something.  Whether or not something is attractive is subjective.

It's not. 

If we take the prettiest actors and models

99% will say they look attractive.

Only 1% of people with some weird fetishes will say otherwise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

And btw. Cats?

That's already zoophilia.

Disgusting.

Yup there are people that are attracted to this too.

2 hours ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

It's not. 

If we take the prettiest actors and models

99% will say they look attractive.

Only 1% of people with some weird fetishes will say otherwise.

This... somehow tell something else about you.

В 22.07.2019 в 15:50, WhiteMarker сказал:

I mean OP wants to judge people. So obviously they are fine with being judged.
I really want to see that person that needs more attractive pixels in the game.

People? Last I checked they were pixels on the screen. 

• Like 1

20 минут назад, novalery сказал:

Yup there are people that are attracted to this too.

This... somehow tell something else about you.

Nothing. 

The idea of beauty is universal. Its doesnt matter if its a beautiful animal, human or a tree, or a painting, what we call beauty follows the same rules, 2 most important of which are symmetry and balance. 

What you do confuse however is 2 different things, saying that someone is beautiful or good looking does NOT mean you personally will be attracted to that person. 

Yes most actrors, models and so on are good looking, or at the very least not bad looking. But you can still call them ugly or the likes because they dont meet your taste. But that would be subjective because objectively they are good looking. 

There are also kind of unnatractive people and people with specific features that can be actrors and models but even then their appearance cathes your eye, like tilda swinton or benedicht cumberbatch and so on. So no, most people do prefer looking at conventionally beautiful people or exotic looking people. Not something straight up from the coockie cutter. 

Edited by -Temp0-

8 hours ago, novalery said:

I agree with your logic in general. But if you can show me one able-minded human being who finds those freakish abominations attractive, I'll eat a tide pod.

• Like 1

On 2019-07-10 at 11:15 AM, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Throughout even the last few decades of humanity our perception of beauty has changed, based on culture. It's also vastly different all across the world even to this day. What makes you think they aren't attractive for their time and culture?

Edit: Our purpose in this game is driven by commiting and preventing genocide. Giving you something to think about at night is on the bottom of the list of features DE has to work on. And Operators are CHILDREN. They should NOT be attractive....

Lol please, in the future, don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. Chances are, OP didn't mean "attractive" in the way your dot-dot-dot's and your capitalized words are implying. He most likely meant "attractive" as in, "not an ugly weirdly shaped pseudo-human what the hell am I looking at".

14 hours ago, novalery said:

Nekos! Hahahahaha catgirls are the absolute best

Edited by IllogicalLogic420
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

Lol please, in the future, don't be so quick to jump to conclusions. Chances are, OP didn't mean "attractive" in the way your dot-dot-dot's and your capitalized words are implying. He most likely meant "attractive" as in, "not an ugly weirdly shaped pseudo-human what the hell am I looking at".

Then perhaps he should choose his words more carefully. 

at·trac·tive
/əˈtraktiv/
adjective
 appealing to look at; sexually alluring.