Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why every human npc so unattractive?

The fact of the matter is it doesn't matter if you find them attractive or not.

Any combination of natural selection, selective breeding, genetic manipulation, and genetic degradation, could result in these people thousands of years in the future looking the way they do (and plenty of all of that happened since the Orokin era). And for the most part they would be genetically dispositioned to find their features attractive, or it would have meant the end of their race entirely.

10 minutes ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

How is it subjective

Beauty is LITERALLY subjective. This is not up for debate. What you believe, or are taught, is beauty is a learned response based on your experiences and environment. It is not universal as you seem to stubbornly think.

Definition of beauty

1: the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the senses or pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/beauty

• Like 4

1 minute ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

It is not universal as you seem to stubbornly think.

Ozy, as you noticed the OP is not willing to have discussion and that for that person, the only acceptable answer is those that fit within their formed perspective of reality.  No amount of text, historical proof, and modern day actuality, is going to change their mind.  This thread is not worth our time.

• Like 5

We're looking into a universe so far into the future that they don't even recognize the concept of twin sisters and have forgotten conditions such as autism.

I don't think that they define/understand/see beauty the way we do.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

Idk if in any culture a face of someone that looks like a heavy drug addict looks attractive.

"beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and it is completely link to culture. Here is a real example. Around 420 AD - 589 AD, the "drug addict" looks is a major thing in China. It started out because pale skin is consider beautiful back than. A famous serious drug addict scholar  was consider to be the most hansom man because of his "drug addict" looks. The trend of taking drug to achieve "the look" become wild spread in China. So much so that one of the emperor during that period run around naked because he manage to get the "drug addict" look (most likely he was overdose on drug and lost his mind). This trend completely die off at around 680 AD to the point that no one even know what the drug was and how to make it.

4 hours ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

It's too weird. Every single human npc in this game is completely unattractive (like in Cetus/Plains of Eidolon).

Heck, even the operator faces are too weird so I prefer to use masks on them.

Because they are more realistic, thats why.

In case you hadn't noticed most people IRL aren't super attractive. Also this isn't some anime weeb fantasy where everyone looks unfeasibly cute and no more than 16 years of age (regardless of whether they're meant to be kids or adults).

I actually like that the game goes against the grain in that regard.

The only "beautiful" people are the Orokin (e.g. Ballas - before he got uglied up anyway). Lotus / Margulis / Natah is also pretty hot IMO.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

4 hours ago, InfinitusPhoenix said:

It's too weird. Every single human npc in this game is completely unattractive (like in Cetus/Plains of Eidolon).

Heck, even the operator faces are too weird so I prefer to use masks on them.

Subjectivity. 

I'd do Teshin and Lotus.  At the same time.

Il y a 3 heures, InfinitusPhoenix a dit :

Yep. So the culture there is also focusing on beauty if even kids use makeup.

Even more proves my point.

We can't really call operator "kids".

I am pretty sure your high caliber assassin has enough time and cash to attend to those things.

When you have to work 15 hours per week and still be quite rich.

If you compare them to cetus people that don't use makeup, trade so little with the outer world they develop their own currency and only the "rich" have proper "clothing".

Fortuna people has a debt that is so high that being a little fancy would add barely nothing to their debt.

8 минут назад, MagPrime сказал:

Subjectivity. 

I'd do Teshin and Lotus.  At the same time.

You will have to improvise a lot and be careful with your powers around Teshin. According to Duviri teaser, he has a lot of metal in him.

What? I am practical.

Edited by rand0mname