Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

Just now, MagPrime said:

Anyone Want Some Crab Raccoons? : BoneAppleTea

Pikaa Kaaa. pi Chu chuu Chu pi pikapi ka pi chuu chu pika-chu? Ka pi Pikaa Kaaa Piii pipi pika-pi Piii Pi-i... chuuuu kaaa kaaa piikaa piikaa. pipi chu pika-pikaa Piikaa Piikaa. Ka ka Chuuuu pikachu piikaa chuuuu. Pika-pi kaa

but if you cant read pokemon here you go

Spoiler

Funny meme. do you mind if i laugh at it with you brother? as i stare into your soul boding with you... asking does life really matter. does my existence really matter. do we feeble beings really matter. ahhhhh yes 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

Pikaa Kaaa. pi Chu chuu Chu pi pikapi ka pi chuu chu pika-chu? Ka pi Pikaa Kaaa Piii pipi pika-pi Piii Pi-i... chuuuu kaaa kaaa piikaa piikaa. pipi chu pika-pikaa Piikaa Piikaa. Ka ka Chuuuu pikachu piikaa chuuuu. Pika-pi kaa

but if you cant read pokemon here you go

ash ketchum pokemon GIF

...I just got done with a DnD session with some friends.

I called down a Meteor Swarm by accident because of Wild Magic and killed a boss in one attack.

In a prior session I accidentally got some holy smite that did the same thing to a different boss.

I am now a meme amongst my friends because of this and that makes me equal parts happy and unnerved.

13 minutes ago, Aldain said:

...I just got done with a DnD session with some friends.

I called down a Meteor Swarm by accident because of Wild Magic and killed a boss in one attack.

In a prior session I accidentally got some holy smite that did the same thing to a different boss.

I am now a meme amongst my friends because of this and that makes me equal parts happy and unnerved.

I play Dragon Age and my character has a pet rock named Steve.  When the dice start hating us, I break Steve out and start using him as a blunt weapon and for some reason, that always turns the tides in our favor.

Plus, the comedy of "Steve says he'll watch our backs" "Steve is standing watch"

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

I play Dragon Age and my character has a pet rock named Steve.  When the dice start hating us, I break Steve out and start using him as a blunt weapon and for some reason, that always turns the tides in our favor.

Plus, the comedy of "Steve says he'll watch our backs" "Steve is standing watch"

Reminds me of a similar rock I've heard fables of, named Clive.

Spoiler

Wonder if anyone will get who I'm referencing.

Aaaand it's going to be one of those nights. I'm vibrating like crazy, high-strung and tired at the same time, and I got the munchies. So much for intermittent fasting. Already killed a couple of cans of mackerel in tomato and tuna, a block of udon and several oranges. Maybe some double-strength coffe will calm me down. Or I could make some hot chocolate with extra pure cocoa powder, keto-friendly. Get the dopamine levels up to normal levels.

cocoa.jpg

• Like 1

On 2020-09-14 at 3:49 AM, Loza03 said:

I'm personally going to need to sleep on it for a bit, but I watched this and it interested me. Particularly it's potential ramifactions for Warframe and games like Warframe.

I might bear this in mind with future threads, perhaps base some feedback on it given time. Or maybe not.

Of course, eventually someone with less sense than me is going to find, drop it into a thread at random and act like that's the entire point as well, so, get ready for when that happens.

Well, it finally happened, thread using this as the point showed up.

Surprised it took this long.

Anybody know a good place for a budding DM to find assets for a roll20 game?

I'm hoping to be able to put on a DnD game for a social group I'm a part of in Uni, but I'm toying around with the default roll20 assets and they're a little, uh... limited. At this point in proceedings I've no clue as to to what degree people will actually want to engage with it and I've already shelled out for a DMG and a Monster Manual.

Is it even a good idea to do it via Roll20 or to try invest in using its tools? I don't want to do it face-to-face because, y'know - the plague - but this'd be my first time running a game so I need a bit of advice.

First off, you'll need a Player's Handbook as well, if it is D&D, we're talking about. Other books might be a help as well, but with PH, DMG and a MM, you should be set.

Adam Koebel is using Roll20 extensively. I haven't followed him for a couple of years, but some of his early vids are quite good on DMing. He's heavy on virtuesignaling and somewhat inconsistent in many ways, but he has a fair bit of experience in running RPG campaigns and gamedesign.

itmeJP hosts a lot of roleplaying, and they also use Roll20. Again, I haven't watched his channel for a couple of years, but they used Roll20 for a large variety of games, and often spoke of the mechanics and functionality of the system, so it might be something to look into, if you have the time/patience/energy. There are also some good inspiration for possible campaigns and general DM advice.

Have you checked out the assets from Roll20's own website? I'm not a user myself, but the site seem to have quite a few resources, as well as a user forum, where you might get better help with the system than here.

Personally, I'm playing face-to-face with my group, even with my health as it is. At some point you have to choose how to live, and research have shown that our health tend to deteriorate without social contact as well. Hiding away might even make you more susceptible in the long run, not just to "the plague", but to infections in general, as we've seen statistical indicators of. Granted, I'm seeing older people, people with jobs, kids and a lifestyle that rarely allows nights out in town with a lot of close proximity to random people. So the infection vector is relatively weak in that company.

On 2020-09-17 at 1:09 AM, DeMonkey said:

That's because spicy food is delicious. I react badly to Phal curries (who doesn't), I still order them though. The endorphin kick, the sinus clearing, the... everything else clearing. All part of the delicious package.

man the joy i felt after having phaal after suffering through 6 weeks of no taste and smell from c*vid in june (it was brought to me i haven't left home since march)

I am never taking food for granted ever again

On 2020-09-19 at 1:18 AM, Yrkul said:

6-brewing-methods_636e4091-20ac-4c56-8b1

On 2020-09-19 at 4:39 PM, Yrkul said:

Aaaand it's going to be one of those nights. I'm vibrating like crazy, high-strung and tired at the same time, and I got the munchies. So much for intermittent fasting. Already killed a couple of cans of mackerel in tomato and tuna, a block of udon and several oranges. Maybe some double-strength coffe will calm me down. Or I could make some hot chocolate with extra pure cocoa powder, keto-friendly. Get the dopamine levels up to normal levels.

cocoa.jpg

Mmmm mocha...

hot coffee GIF

2 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

man the joy i felt after having phaal after suffering through 6 weeks of no taste and smell from c*vid in june (it was brought to me i haven't left home since march)

I am never taking food for granted ever again

I don't really get joy out of eating, which is a large contributing factor to being so skinny I guess. Losing taste and smell would be a bit of a game changer though.

Interesting choice going for a Phal after not being able to taste anything though. I wouldn't say a Phal is the tastiest curry, imo. If you've never had a Pathia, I totally rate it.

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I don't really get joy out of eating, which is a large contributing factor to being so skinny I guess. Losing taste and smell would be a bit of a game changer though.

Interesting choice going for a Phal after not being able to taste anything though. I wouldn't say a Phal is the tastiest curry, imo. If you've never had a Pathia, I totally rate it.

It contributes to my serotonin levels so not being able to taste meant major depresso for a good month and a half, plus I'm already skinny so not wanting to eat made me go even further underweight during the period.

I adore the taste of phaal and most Indian curries to death cus the combination of herbs and blistering heat make me feel alive in a way I can't describe. Haven't had pathia since I was a child though so there's something to add to the list

1 hour ago, LazerSkink said:

It contributes to my serotonin levels so not being able to taste meant major depresso for a good month and a half, plus I'm already skinny so not wanting to eat made me go even further underweight during the period.

I adore the taste of phaal and most Indian curries to death cus the combination of herbs and blistering heat make me feel alive in a way I can't describe. Haven't had pathia since I was a child though so there's something to add to the list

That's fair. I personally don't buy Phal's for the taste, they're still tasty ofc but the heat overshadows the flavour somewhat.

Not a bad thing of course, different curries for different purposes and all that.