Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Last post wins

Mr.ElevenXI

1 hour ago, DeMonkey said:

Too much gluten.

Too many simple carbs in my case. I have cheat days, so I can enjoy the occasional baked goods, but I miss the old days where I could stuff my face with ciabatta and garlic and sage butter.

Garlic and sage butter:

125g Butter.

2 large cloves of garlic.

1 tsp dried sage.

½ tsp freshly ground pepper.

Pinch of salt.

Put the butter in a mixing bowl and put in a warm place until soft (avoid melting it). Chop the garlic finely, add sage, pepper and salt and mix. Pour onto butter and mix with a fork. Put into lidded container and put it in the fridge. Let it sit for a day or two (Flavour gets richer over time). Enjoy your new addiction.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Yrkul said:

Too many simple carbs in my case. I have cheat days, so I can enjoy the occasional baked goods, but I miss the old days where I could stuff my face with ciabatta and garlic and sage butter.

Garlic and sage butter:

125g Butter.

2 large cloves of garlic.

1 tsp dried sage.

½ tsp freshly ground pepper.

Pinch of salt.

Put the butter in a mixing bowl and put in a warm place until soft (avoid melting it). Chop the garlic finely, add sage, pepper and salt and mix. Pour onto butter and mix with a fork. Put into lidded container and put it in the fridge. Let it sit for a day or two (Flavour gets richer over time). Enjoy your new addiction.

Pfft. Cheat days. When normal people have a cheat day they boohoo whilst feeling guilty.

If I have a cheat day I boohoo whilst sitting on the toilet clutching my soul in agony, wishing for a swift end to it all and swearing to never eat it again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Pfft. Cheat days. When normal people have a cheat day they boohoo whilst feeling guilty.

If I have a cheat day I boohoo whilst sitting on the toilet clutching my soul in agony, wishing for a swift end to it all and swearing to never eat it again.

Nah. I accept I have cravings, and I know a bit about compulsive behaviour. Cheat days, when handled properly, have two primary functions:

First, it resets cravings in a controlled manner. You don't overdo it, unlike the usual breaking down and f***ing up the traditional famine diet, where you can't take the constant hunger and denying your cravings. When I eat the occasional crap food, I take notice of what the meal does to my feeling of well-being. Sure, junk food tastes good to some extend, but I'm aware of the queasiness and telltale joint aches that follows. I got intervals I'll let myself have processed foods, high carb foods and junk food, and if I don't feel like eating those things, I just push those meals further into the future. For example, I allow myself to have one junk food meal a month, and I had a pizza in March. Pizzarias have been open for months, but I just haven't felt like eating pizzas, fries, burgers etc. That's how you beat cravings, not by going cold turkey.

Second, cheat days resets the body's famine setting. If your body thinks you're in a famine situation, your metabolism winds down, and you tend to gain weight more easily. I eat til I'm about 80% full, in an 8-10 hour window, 3 meals on active days, 2 on sedentary days. I have one cheat day in a week, where I eat til I'm full, preferably on an active day. On top of that, cutting calories too hard tend to damage your thyroid system, which again, will cause you to gain weight.

In the end, it is all about the awareness of the downside of eating certain things versus the pleasure/quality of life it offers. It then becomes easier to make the concious choice to give in to the craving then and there, or say "Nah, let's wait a bit longer".

15 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Sounds like a guy who knows what it feels like to eat way tooo spicy ^.^ 

God, the way Monster Hunter World did weapon design suuuucked.

I heard they fixed it somewhat in iceborne, but good LORD. I just went through, and I realised that even post release monsters were still getting recoloured weapons with some random part slapped on if they are lucky. Even Iceborne has some, apparently.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

God, the way Monster Hunter World did weapon design suuuucked.

I heard they fixed it somewhat in iceborne, but good LORD. I just went through, and I realised that even post release monsters were still getting recoloured weapons with some random part slapped on if they are lucky. Even Iceborne has some, apparently.

Indeed, there's a good reason why I used the weapon lines that were basic steel/blacksteel, because it was the only thing that didn't look like a weapon you'd find in a rummage sale.

Bowguns and Bows also jackknifed from looking solid to looking like junk. At least Iceborne eventually allowed for layered weapons and armor.

10 hours ago, Aldain said:

Indeed, there's a good reason why I used the weapon lines that were basic steel/blacksteel, because it was the only thing that didn't look like a weapon you'd find in a rummage sale.

Bowguns and Bows also jackknifed from looking solid to looking like junk. At least Iceborne eventually allowed for layered weapons and armor.

It truly pains me that this is what we get for googling 'Stygian Zinogre Greatsword':

Infernal Executioner | Monster Hunter World Wiki

Rather than the original, far superior design which even channeled the mechanics of the monster into the aesthetic (the 'blades' retract like the Zinogre's spines when not in use):

Stygian Acedia (MH3U) | Monster Hunter Wiki | Fandom

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

It truly pains me that this is what we get for googling 'Stygian Zinogre Greatsword':

Infernal Executioner | Monster Hunter World Wiki

Rather than the original, far superior design which even channeled the mechanics of the monster into the aesthetic (the 'blades' retract like the Zinogre's spines when not in use):

Stygian Acedia (MH3U) | Monster Hunter Wiki | Fandom

...Holy crap they literally just used a Switch Axe model and called it a greatsword what the fu-

I guess the budget ran out for graphic designers...