Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are we just ok with this now?

knighthawke

Same crap every time this is brought up.

Clans are meant to be cooperative so in theory it should be ok as long as everyone is working towards the goal with equal effort. I run a solo clan myself, yes its annoying but there isn't much to be done other than bite the bullet and farm. The drop rate for mutagen sample is awful for how much you need. As much as i want it as something complete in my clan, its better to just farm plat and buy it from the market if you really want it.
It really doesn't matter that the hema is worthless to someone, they should be able to obtain it fairly. I think the only other grind somewhat close to being this bad is for ephemera in arbitrations, every other weapon is fine resource wise imo. I guess sibear might be bad but cryotic is easy to accumulate over time in comparsion to mutagen samples.

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

So, more smoke and mirrors.  Not one of you in this topic has said WHY you want it.  Wanting it for Dojo progress and or MR progress doesn't really matter in the grand scheme because of it's low value/points for that progress. 

So again, Why go through this unnecessary trouble for so little gain?  If those are the real reasons for wanting it, it should be easily ignored

Wow you're something. I originally wanted it because I thought it was a cool infested gun. I won't be the only one. By your logic, any insane grind is ok as long as nobody actually wants the thing. That's exactly what your saying, "The grind for mutagen samples is insane, but people don't have a good reason to want it so it's fine."

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Hooligantuan said:

Sibear over here like "30,000 Cryotic to build and I suck, y'all griping about the Hema lmao."

Don't even pretend those grinds are anywhere near the same.

Edited by SPplayer76

2 hours ago, Dhrekr said:

and we now think back to it in terms of "well, that was rough, but it was doable and we did it."

no, we don't, there was a 100+ page thread on the forums full of people upset about the hema research requiring 10x the amount of resources of every other clan tech item combined

DE eventually responded by saying that because some people had already acquired the item, that they weren't going to change it's requirements or the drop chance of the mutagen samples because it's "raining in the derelict"  and that we should stop complaining and go back to grinding,

people still find this response to be garbage

it took my clan of ~250 people, almost 6 months to farm the required resources, for a weapon that's not even that good

I warned you all, back when vauban p came out that they were gonna push the envelope to drain resources and that vauban p was a stepping stone, nobody listened

then the hema happened and suddenly it was an issue

I warned you all

and yes, I am still salty

9 minutes ago, SPplayer76 said:

Wow you're something. I originally wanted it because I thought it was a cool infested gun. I won't be the only one. By your logic, any insane grind is ok as long as nobody actually wants the thing. That's exactly what your saying, "The grind for mutagen samples is insane, but people don't have a good reason to want it so it's fine."

That's not what I was saying at all.  What I was saying is that if you must have it, then why not just do the method mentioned in the below quote and save yourself much agony.

38 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

The real farm for hema takes only a few hours. Trade for the plat and just buy it.

This is probably the only item in the game where it's just SOOOOO much easier to build up plat and buy it.

Topics like this one are just beating the hell out of a very dead horse because DE has not and more than likely won't change it after all this time. 

47 minutes ago, SPplayer76 said:

No no, you're missing the point. There have always been weapons that have asked for a lot, the Ignis wraith for example wants 1000 detonate ampules, the knux wants 20k cryotic, the Lenz wants 1000 Fieldron samples. The shaku wants 11k polymer bundles. These big "clan" projects have existed. The Hema is exponentially more than any other.

So it's more.  Your point is?  Are you going to pioneer for every item in game to have it's requirements reduced? 

You have all these examples of not only large clans obtaining it in a reasonable amount of time but considerably smaller ones as well.  You act as if it's some kind of mythical artifact that simply cannot be obtained without selling your soul.  You don't want to grind for it? (in a looter shooter no less)  Buy it flat out.  No platinum?  Join a clan who already has it researched.  It's not complicated.  (I know you claim to already have it but for those watching, there are easy options).

Honestly I'm beginning to believe at this point you are arguing for arguments sake.

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

That's not what I was saying at all.  What I was saying is that if you must have it, then why not just do the method mentioned in the below quote and save yourself much agony.

Topics like this one are just beating the hell out of a very dead horse because DE has not and more than likely won't change it after all this time. 

Being forced to turn to the player economy is not a real solution, it's a bandaid. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

So it's more.  Your point is?  Are you going to pioneer for every item in game to have it's requirements reduced? 

You have all these examples of not only large clans obtaining it in a reasonable amount of time but considerably smaller ones as well.  You act as if it's some kind of mythical artifact that simply cannot be obtained without selling your soul.  You don't want to grind for it? (in a looter shooter no less)  Buy it flat out.  No platinum?  Join a clan who already has it researched.  It's not complicated.  (I know you claim to already have it but for those watching, there are easy options).

Honestly I'm beginning to believe at this point you are arguing for arguments sake.

My point is that this one instance is outrageous and should be changed. Grinding is totally fine, but this one is way over the line. I take issue with the other "solutions" because they are all bandaids.

12 minutes ago, SPplayer76 said:

My point is that this one instance is outrageous and should be changed. Grinding is totally fine, but this one is way over the line. I take issue with the other "solutions" because they are all bandaids.

Why is it when a player comes to the forums with what they consider a major issue and provided in game solutions to their personal problem, they always brush it aside and insist that it "must be fixed"?  This is literally in the same vein as the "leechers" and "one toxic guy ruined my life" threads.  

Edited by (XB1)Thy Divinity
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

Why is it when a player comes to the forums with what they consider a major issue and provide in game solutions to their personal problem, they always brush it aside and insist that it "must be fixed"?  This is literally in the same vein as the "leechers" and "one toxic guy ruined my life" threads.  

Those are different topics entirely, and this isn't a personal problem. If it was, this wouldn't be a recurring topic since the weapon was introduced.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hooligantuan said:

Sibear over here like "30,000 Cryotic to build and I suck, y'all griping about the Hema lmao."

30k cryotic is nothing, even to people who don't have a massive stockpile. And you gain other useful things while farming it.

1 minute ago, FlyingDice said:

30k cryotic is nothing,

It's only nothing to those that already have a lot of it.  I stopped farming it specifically because I realized the Sibear just wasn't worth the effort and I don't need higher MR than I already have.  😄 

2 hours ago, SPplayer76 said:

All these replies are out of their mind. The research cost is a mistake that DE refuses to budge on, and it will probably stay the way it is for the rest of the game's life.

They said that they won't change it because people have already worked to get it but when people complain about the Prime giveaways this argument doesn't count.Go figure...

3 hours ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I gave up on it because it's just unfair.. nothing else in the game requires braindead dedication as this one does..and I say that after actively playing the game for almost 5 years..

Also Sibear for 30,000 cryotics of doing excavation runs was a waist also. lol I swear wish the weapon was worth the grind. At least the Hema is a pretty strong weapon if modded right.

• Like 1

hace 4 horas, knighthawke dijo:

Or is a 50+ hour grind for one weapon just acceptable now?

Thats the system the best mmorpg use and still survive, noone complain there.. WF need system like that to give a real end game.

15 minutes ago, FlyingDice said:

30k cryotic is nothing

300 full excavators at 1:50 seconds each assuming no downtime from cells not spawning due to RNG would math out to 30,000 seconds total 8.33 hours of Excavation.

Almost 8 and a half hours for a single weapon.

• Like 1

hace 7 minutos, (XB1)Thy Divinity dijo:

What end game?

For real? .. we all know ( who have played some mmorpg ) what is called end game, is based on run the last " dugeons, maps, boses, pvp " to get 1 item, wich 30 are needed  for make a powerfull weapons as basic example..