Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are we just ok with this now?

knighthawke

2 hours ago, (PS4)Hooligantuan said:

Sibear over here like "30,000 Cryotic to build and I suck, y'all griping about the Hema lmao."

i'm sitting on 55k cryotic solo. you build that resource up over time in the game. with the resource for hema. it drops extremely rarely on Eris and derelict has no pugs so you rarely get farming groups there.

it's just straight up dumb the difference in effort/time it takes to farm for plat over farming for that weapon.

17 hours ago, knighthawke said:

So, 92 samples with Nekros, Smeeta Kavat, and a double resource booster is "Raining in the Derelict"? How hard can it be to just reduce the requirements to something reasonable and then reimburse the clans that already did the research to their vaults? Or is a 50+ hour grind for one weapon just acceptable now?

Rebecca once said that "sometimes you have to think like a business" in regards to the Hema.

In other words, DE is going to keep Hema the way it is because the Nidus bundle brings them money.

No other resource grind in the game is as bad as mutagen samples.

Edited by DrakeWurrum
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Aldain said:

300 full excavators at 1:50 seconds each assuming no downtime from cells not spawning due to RNG would math out to 30,000 seconds total 8.33 hours of Excavation.

Almost 8 and a half hours for a single weapon.

Like I said, basically nothing, doubly so because you're not just farming cryotic.

I did spend 30+ hours grinding flax->bstrings to buy my first abby whip in RS2, so maybe my perspective is a bit skewed.

damn, a Nezha trap ban thread and a Hema thread in one day? it's like we went back in time a few years...

yes, the Hema grind sucks, but it is doable. best thing to do is wait until Baro brings Resource Chance Boosters and if possible a Double Resource Booster as well, get a Smeeta Kavat and take a team with  Despoil Nekros, Pilfering Swarm Hydroid and Pilfering Strangledome Khora. then you'll have the absolute maximum chance of walking away with a ton of Mutagen Samples after 20 mins survival in the derelict (or longer).

if you still have no luck, trade thigns for plat and buy the weapon for yourself, then just throw in whatever Mutagen Samples you have into the Research whenever you have the time.

12 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

damn, a Nezha trap ban thread and a Hema thread in one day? it's like we went back in time a few years...

yes, the Hema grind sucks, but it is doable. best thing to do is wait until Baro brings Resource Chance Boosters and if possible a Double Resource Booster as well, get a Smeeta Kavat and take a team with  Despoil Nekros, Pilfering Swarm Hydroid and Pilfering Strangledome Khora. then you'll have the absolute maximum chance of walking away with a ton of Mutagen Samples after 20 mins survival in the derelict (or longer).

if you still have no luck, trade thigns for plat and buy the weapon for yourself, then just throw in whatever Mutagen Samples you have into the Research whenever you have the time.

I don't think you can get 5000 mutagen sample in 20 minutes...

I feel your pain being a solo clan of three but really just one farming for Hema, because I have everything else unlocked....On a PS4 a little before Hema dropped I turned my dojo over to my other family account and joined a giant moon clan due to a bout of adventurism and helped them get Hema...Stayed with them for awhile and then found myself missing the fun of decorating, researching, and creating in my own dojo and returned...But I had the Hema BP..now I just had to get it my own dojo's research up to snuff...and holy moly what a chore this thing is..I can't take the derelict anymore...Twenty minutes of it and I'm ready to get ones shotted by Nerigigante in Monster Hunter world for a scale over and over again....mind you you want the tail...but, by then you're like whatever... I'll take whatever... it's better than one hour and 25 mutagens later with a mountain of 4000 of them to go in Warframe running around in Eris or the derelict ...because seriously DE you made space ninjas with a fantastic movement system and yet in there we are now space moles crawling around in computer geometry vomit...

36 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

The issue is that the Hema really isn't worth either plat OR the timesink that is 5000 mutagen samples.

23 hours ago, knighthawke said:

So, 92 samples with Nekros, Smeeta Kavat, and a double resource booster is "Raining in the Derelict"? How hard can it be to just reduce the requirements to something reasonable and then reimburse the clans that already did the research to their vaults? Or is a 50+ hour grind for one weapon just acceptable now?

And screw everyone else that already farmed it , what a good idea .

2 hours ago, Spectre-8 said:

You know, many items in WF used to be hard or tedious to get. But DE changed them and make the process tolerable. Are you suggesting that DE should have never done that?

The weapon is hard core suck, but the farm is doable.    But it is really a bleh weapon, the farm is nasty because DE gets off on that kind of punishment to it's registered losers.

Edited by Kyronz

On 2019-07-21 at 9:55 PM, yles9056 said:

You know, many items in WF used to be hard or tedious to get. But DE changed them and make the process tolerable. Are you suggesting that DE should have never done that?

Idk let's ask some irrelevant redditors .

Meh, this comes off as whining for the sake of whining. I did hema for my solo ghost clan last year. The grind sucked for a while, and then it was done. Just like Sibear. Just like Knux. Just like Ivara. Just like that last part of Equinox that didn't drop for weeks of blasting Tyl back to his toobmen buddies. Just like Harrow and Nidus...no, wait, I said :censored: it and bought both those with plat.

I guess I don't care if DE nerfs the hema grind for whiners, but it's not like there's any good reason to do that either.

On 2019-07-20 at 9:20 PM, DatDarkOne said:

Here's the thing that kills me or makes me really laugh out loud.  If the Hema is really such a "whatever" weapon, then why are there so many complaints about getting it.

Think about this for a second.  Even if chasing MR, that 3000 points doesn't really matter.  Also if you think the weapon is subpar, then getting it REALLY doesn't matter. 

This pretty much leaves the final complaint to be nothing more than "I WANT it because it's there." 

Ad hominem + Deflection of burden of the argument.

Hema's cost debate is solvable via simple maths and factual information.

Here:

Is Hema comparable in power to lots of weapons? Yes it is.

Do those weapons have similar research cost to each other. Yes.

Does Hema have similar cost to those other power-comparable weapons? No.

Conclusion: Hema's cost is a mathematical mistake, as every cost should correlate linearly to power of the item.

The end. You are not allowed to dispute this. It's maths. Not feelings.

On 2019-07-21 at 12:45 PM, Spectre-8 said:

Yeah they should never make improvements to the game because someone somewhere might feel slighted :clem:

39 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Ad hominem + Deflection of burden of the argument.

Hema's cost debate is solvable via simple maths and factual information.

Here:

Is Hema comparable in power to lots of weapons? Yes it is.

Do those weapons have similar research cost to each other. Yes.

Does Hema have similar cost to those other power-comparable weapons? No.

Conclusion: Hema's cost is a mathematical mistake, as every cost should correlate linearly to power of the item.

The end. You are not allowed to dispute this. It's maths. Not feelings.

Go back and READ what I posted that you quoted.  When you do read it and comprehend, then you should see my post wasn't a dispute at all.  It was a statement formulated as a question to make people THINK as well as get honest answers.  

2 hours ago, DatDarkOne said:

Go back and READ what I posted that you quoted.  When you do read it and comprehend, then you should see my post wasn't a dispute at all.  It was a statement formulated as a question to make people THINK as well as get honest answers.  

To be fair, you seem to have also ignored part of that poster's message (namely the ad hominem part). Many of your posts have consistently focused on the motivation of people saying the Hema's research cost is too high and/or disproportionately high (i.e. searching for "honest answers"). Someone's motivation for taking a position has no bearing on the strength of that position.

In other words, the poster you quoted is asking you respond with actual logic. (Please don't take that to be a derogatory comment, I mean that in a literal "use logical reasoning to back up your argument" sense).

That said, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that poster's the assertion the debate is solvable by maths... But that's mostly because I can't tell which part you're not allowed to dispute. 😉

1 hour ago, Ascarith said:

Many of your posts have consistently focused on the motivation of people saying the Hema's research cost is too high and/or disproportionately high

This is mainly because after two years or more of the same arguments, a person can get a little bit tired of seeing them again without getting somewhat jaded.  

So, from a certain point of view my posts can be quite logical.  Such as why go though so much trouble for something that isn't worth it to you.  Especially when there are easier methods to obtain it.  😉

edit: Also realize that not once have I disagreed with the argument that the cost is too high.  I have always agreed that it is too high.  

1 hour ago, Ascarith said:

That said, I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that poster's the assertion the debate is solvable by maths... But that's mostly because I can't tell which part you're not allowed to dispute. 😉

LOL, I had to look at that one a few times as age has shown me that math can be disputed.  But that was a rabbit hole I just didnt feel like going to.  😀 

Edited by DatDarkOne
slight grammar corrections

I don't understand the point. 

I built a group for sampe farming yesterday. We did 20 waves of defense and got 300-ish samples. It took about 15 minute since defense is fast on derelict and even faster with a speed nova. That means it takes about 4 hours (lets sey 5 if you include building groups) to farm 5.000 of those only by doing derelict defense - if you decide to do it in a solo clan.

So you have 2 options:

- cry about something and get roasted on the forums

- do some hours of farming and build that god damn thing.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Birkenhoff said:

I don't understand the point. 

So you have 2 options:

- cry about something and get roasted on the forums

- do some hours of farming and build that god damn thing.

I like to joke around that Warframe is broken into 2 camps.

Those who can do whatever it is, and those who can't/won't and rather talk/whine/complain about it. 

Ahh, Hema, the eternal black mark on DE's reputation. Hema research was never about "giving clans something to work for" or "an achievement worthy being called an achievement" It was a stress test to see how far they could push their player base to give them plat money, just like the Sibear before it. Let's not forget the half-truths and full blown lies they perpetrated while this controversy was in full swing. And then the news came out that Hema was the most bought weapon ever released, so obviously it worked. The player base was in near mutiny, but hey, at least they got their fast money.

The amount of satisfaction i got from helping complete it is comparable to the satisfaction a fat circus bear in a tutu gets when he does the macarena for a frozen mackerel.

It'll probably never change, but I take comfort in knowing that this will likely never happen again with a different weapon.

Probably, anyway.

• Like 1