The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

At what MR do I stop being considered a noob

BottyBOI

Question

5 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

People don't measure that (just) with MR. It varies a lot from person to person.

Personally, I consider someone a noob if they:

- Are low MR (single digit)
- Get downed constantly
- Don't know how to play spies
- Bring frames with invisibility to spy, but I guess that fits the item above as well.
- Waste time hacking unnecessary consoles in rescue
- Are dumb (not talking about understanding the game)
- Rush to the objective, but can't defend/hack it on their own
- Can't keep up with the team when going from point A to B (some max distance might apply)
- Can't use their frame/weapons efficiently, or got a crappy build (like bringing DPS frame to an Eidolon Hunt, but dealing less damage than a Trinity without Void Strike)
- Revive teammates with their operator when it's completely safe to do it with their warframe. It just shows they are not aware of their surroundings

I could come up with more, but that's probably enough.

Well you must be a joy at parties.

• Like 2

after 1000 hours of playtime u will go from a noob to a scrub XD

theres always more things to learn in this game so everyone stays a noob at something i'd say

be respectfull to people who have more expercience and knowledge of the game, learn from them and they will repect u

u will feel less of a noob

i have no idea what im saying XD

6 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Personally, I consider someone a noob if they:

- Bring frames with invisibility to spy, but I guess that fits the item above as well.

I always bring one to a spy. Knowing what frame suits the mission is something you learn along the way.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Revive teammates with their operator when it's completely safe to do it with their warframe. It just shows they are not aware of their surroundings

i would argue that it's not a noob move since  u might not see a sniper spawning behind u while on an open area, specially if u play squishy frame, safe sometime is subjective to what they experienced in the past.

• Like 2

You stop being a noob when you stop addressing others as noobs.

You're no longer a newbie when :

-Not using frames best suited for the task at hand, unless you have decked out any and all frames so that it could take out an Eidolon by yourself.

-Using a Limbo for everything while not running solo and on top spamming Cataclysm so that you hinder you squad

-Using Octavia without turning the music sounds off

-Not adjusting the colours on abilities/weapons that when not adjusted just blind you're fellow squad members. Think Revenant, Sonicor, Simulor...etc

-Rushing from start to finish in each and every mission and constantly complaining when others do take their time to smell the proverbial roses. Suggestion, if you don't want to wait for others play solo.

-Constantly having to grind for resources. See previous point on how to avoid that.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Spookmineer said:

I always bring one to a spy. Knowing what frame suits the mission is something you learn along the way.

Bringing a frame that suits the mission doesn't mean you'll be using that frame efficiently in that mission.

In the MAJORITY of Spies I've played, when it comes to hacking vaults, people with stealth frames are slower than people with non-stealth frames. When that happens in the majority of the spies, I can only assume that whenever I see a stealth frame in a spy, they are probably really bad at spies.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Bringing a frame that suits the mission doesn't mean you'll be using that frame efficiently in that mission.

In the MAJORITY of Spies I've played, when it comes to hacking vaults, people with stealth frames are slower than people with non-stealth frames. When that happens in the majority of the spies, I can only assume that whenever I see a stealth frame in a spy, they are probably really bad at spies.

I can't comment on that, it's been years since I've played a spy with a squad. From what I've heard, sortie spy with other people is a disaster waiting to happen, I wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

So what you are saying is, bringing a frame that suits a mission makes you a noob.

Ok, well you do you I guess.

• Like 1

vor 20 Stunden schrieb BottyBOI:

I dont know if this is right category but im 

there are many high MR people who dont know a whole lot about the game mechanics and could be labled such still, regardless of high/max MR.

a number never mirrors a person so judging a person by that alone is not a fair assessment and neither a good way to measure urself in comparison to others. warframe is a pve game so competition in a general sense isnt really neccessary anyway but theres far more to recognizing a good/experienced/knowledgable player than just a simple number u can pretty much rush to get within weeks, if u really try and i guess partially pay for weapons/crafting time instead of waiting.

its just a number showing how many items a player has maxed at least once. sadly theres no count showing how many forma one has invested since that alone COULD show more than MR, considering u mostly forma weapons u seriously try out and experiment with. at least concerning weapons/builds thats more of a statement than MR.

Il y a 19 heures, (PS4)Quantaminum a dit :

- Don't know how to play spies

Really ? Using the right tool for the right job is beeing a noob ? 

OK then I guess, will screw screws the pro way : with a hammer.

1 minute ago, Fallen77 said:

You could use the sharp side used to pull nails out, maybe it can do as well as a flat head screwdriver 😂

16 hours ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

I do Profit Taker with Inaros and 99% of the time have the most damage to boot. I always wonder in amazement what those 3 Chromas were doing the whole fight. I still can't figure it out. Same when I do public Tridolons, how is it that me as Trinity had more damage than you 3 Chromas put together? I guess I'm the real "NOOB" here for not just soloing the fights and continuing to carry.    

So why are you bragging about? Just play Solo! we don´t care

When you no longer care whether people see you as a noob. When it doesn't matter if you're in a mission with someone who is MR2 or MR25. When you can recognize you loaded into random matchmaking with a relatively new player so they are running around breaking all the crates and looking at all the neat stuff without rushing a level and you'll do it with them just as soon as you would rush extract with a group of seasoned tenno. When you see an MR requirement in recruiting and just hit ignore. And when you aren't blinding me with mirage! 

Basically you're a noob so long as you ask if you're still a noob. 

Edited by (PS4)Puckish_Rogue125

1 hour ago, Fallen77 said:

59 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

You could use the sharp side used to pull nails out, maybe it can do as well as a flat head screwdriver 😂

Stop using proper carpentry tools as a crutch you filthy scrublords.

I can deal way more damage to that piece of wood way faster by just using a rock.

Edited by CephalonDizzy

18 hours ago, (XB1)Thang Hung said:

I do Profit Taker with Inaros and 99% of the time have the most damage to boot. I always wonder in amazement what those 3 Chromas were doing the whole fight. I still can't figure it out. Same when I do public Tridolons, how is it that me as Trinity had more damage than you 3 Chromas put together? I guess I'm the real "NOOB" here for not just soloing the fights and continuing to carry.   

This, is partly inaccurate. Not, possibly in your case but in the way it's described. Just recently I did a Profit Taker (still need that stupid Strain mod) and pretty much Soloed the entire fight. I focused entirely on the boss, being a Oberon I didn't need to care about much else. I know i was the only one shooting at it as the Shields only moved when i shot at them, and the legs only lost health when I shot at them too. Ended up soloing the entire fight, want to guess what % damage i got? 7, why? There was a Mesa that stood in the back with her ult up the whole time, just plinking away with the other two bozos at all the plethora of enemies I was Ignoring, as the other two just kept reviving each other back and forth for the duration of the fight. She got 74%, while doing nothing to advance the fight, and while not helping much at all to have the others help me either. 

Now yes should I have maybe tried to revive them? yeah, I did for a bit, but, then I just really wanted to leavvvve. While the damage total can be evident of who did what in a fight if everyones trying to 'help', if there are ads involved, It could just be who gets side tracked the most...

(thought Eidilons I will admit is a lot more telling, as if a Chroma isn't out damaging everyone shooting off the limbs...either someone is REALLLly side tracked and just across the map farming mats, or there built wrong. )

Edited by WellIHopeThisOneWorks
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, WellIHopeThisOneWorks said:

(thought Eidilons I will admit is a lot more telling, as if a Chroma isn't out damaging everyone shooting off the limbs...either someone is REALLLly side tracked and just across the map farming mats, or there built wrong. )

It's actually quite easy to out-damage a Chroma nowadays especially if you are host, are carrying lures (Trinity), and have a one-shot capable weapon.

Since his buff now has an area effect, just stand next to him to get buffed as well and shoot at a limb. The slight amount of lag other players get usually means your shot connects first, or they just end up hitting the lures.  

It's kind of a scummy thing to do to a random pub, but it's fun to troll your friends with it. 

Edited by CephalonDizzy

3 minutes ago, CephalonDizzy said:

It's actually quite easy to out-damage a Chroma nowadays especially if you are host and have a one-shot capable weapon.

Since his buff now has an area effect, just stand next to him to get buffed as well and shoot at a limb. The slight amount of lag other players get usually means your shot connects first.  

It's kind of a scummy thing to do to a random pub, but it's fun to troll your friends with it.

Ahhh yeah I totally forgot about his damage sharing! that makes a lot of sense yeah, can see it being quite humorous to troll your friends with too xD

"haha i out damaged you as a Trinity!" "you stood next to me and shot it before i could shut up!" XD