Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

out of all companions which are good sterter companions

mozartblows

Question

18 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

I would start with Carrier. Extra ammo and ammo mutation through the precept Ammo Case. Carrier also has good base eHP. You can also try Shade if you wish to be invisible occasionally.

thx

3 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

Helios for Scanning, Carrier for ammo mutation and extra ammo

also thx

For robots: Helios is my first suggestion, however SHADE is really nice for a beginner! The invisibility from Shade, while not super consistent, did help me get out of a pinch now and then as a wee little warframe. Taxon can also be good for the extra shields.

For non-robots: Do the kubrow quest!  https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Howl_of_the_Kubrow 

Kubrows (and Kavats) may be a bit of a hassle to obtain initially, but they have nice bonus of being revived if they fall. So while your robot may just explode and be gone for an entire mission, you can keep your Kubrow/Kavat with you the whole time if you're able to revive 'em!

Helios for scans

Chesa Kubro for extra loot (like a crappy nekros)

Smeeta Kavat for extra loot + tons of other things.

Moa with the Hack Precept (they will sometimes run ahead and do the hacks for you...  not so awesome at grineer but pretty awesome at corpus.  

ANY beast type pet when you give them pack leader+hunter's recovery  (you heal them by doing melee damage, they heal you by thier melee damage).  

Dethcube can make energy orbs if you give him a cephalon simaris augment.  

You can make ANY sentinel give you massive armor if you have health conversion on your warframe and Synth Deconstruct on your sentinel.   

But smeeta is my #1 pet.  If not him then im using Wyrm/prime.    As soon as they rip cryopods out of the game so we can use whatever pets we want I will possibly use other beast types alot more often.   Namely Adarza for crits or Helminth just because its cool as hell.   

Taxon is the starter sentinel, but Helios for the ease of autoscans and Carrier for the ease of auto Ammo conversion are both excellent choices.  When you get better at the game, Djinn is a good one to get from Infested Research lab in any dojo.  It has a decent crowd control ability for certain niche builds.

Mastery Rank fodder:

Deathcube

Wyrm

Shade (it's ok, but the precepts for Shade need to be seriously reworked to make it even remotely viable)

any others not even worth mentioning...

Much later on in the game, Oxylus is good for fishing and mining, but not much else.

Once you can get the Primed versions of Helios and Carrier, sell the original ones plus their puny weapons to make room for sentinel slots.  There's also Prisma Shade that can be purchased from Baro Ki'teer for ducats, but that's a ways away for a new player.

1) Smeeta Kavat

2) Helios 

3) Diriga (for its Rifle... the Vulklok)

4) Chesa Kubrow

5) Carrier Prime (nooo... Regular Carrier doesn't count)

6) Adarza Kavat

7) Djinn

And the rest I don't bother with.... too many inconsistencies. 

BTW.... Sahasa Kubrows will dig up Resources based on what you need.... I wouldn't say its a game changer but as far as companions go... Mine was the sweetest....

I’d recommend getting Taxon since it’s cheap and then getting a kubrow and Kavat. It’ll take a while to get a Kavat, but they are the best companions in my opinion. Helios and Carrier are good second sentinels.

My opinion on partners:

I've never had great luck with the pets in the field. I also get the privilege of picking up downed pets when I do more challenging group play. I just stick to sentinels most of the time. From the list it depends on the application / role you need your partner to serve.

Shade / Prisma Shade (Baro has this) - Your helping hand for doing spy missions when you don't have the tools to cheese your way through it. Also a handy alert if an enemy sneaks up on you as you suddenly stealth.

Carrier (prime ver is vaulted I think) - Is mostly your ammo conversion pal. I did lean on this a lot, but then I learned how to exercise fire control. (AKA: don't lean on the fire button 24/7)

Helios - Scan the things. All of them. The detect vuln. precept is a nice budget sonar. Not great, but an option.

Djinn - Great for those missions where you are saying to yourself "my sentinel will die, but I really like it hoovering up all the loot" With the 'reawaken' precept death is temporary. Couple it with Self Destruct for extra fun. My go to for Eidolons, arbitrations, or any content that has 1-2 shot enemies.

Oxylus - Going fishing? take this. The downside is it takes max standing with Solaris U. I think of it as your portable Space-Bass-finder-o-matic. After that, I think it's pretty useless overall.

For guns I normally just use Sweeper Prime. I know the helios exclusive weapon hits harder, but I'm indifferent about it and use it as the 'off damage type' shotgun. It's support, as far as I'm concerned, and I can put effort elsewhere in terms of damage output.

mods: I'm a fan of having my sentinel not die so the typical health/shield/armor mods as it makes sense are a must. Primed Animal Instinct is a must. Spot loot and enemy dudes with an acceptable range on the map. Sign me up for that. Vacuum is a must. Repair kit and medi-ray for another layer of health sustain for my sentinel and my Warframe. This is what works for me, so try stuff and maybe this'll gave you some ideas.

2 minutes ago, HexxyTheGrouch said:

Oxylus - Going fishing? take this. The downside is it takes max standing with Solaris U. I think of it as your portable Space-Bass-finder-o-matic. After that, I think it's pretty useless overall.

Horrible.  Fish dye is super easy to make and a Smeeta will actually multiply the fish you catch (when its charm is active). Smeeta = ultimate fishing buddy.   Hunting buddy.  Mining buddy.  Focus farming buddy.........................etc

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Horrible.  Fish dye is super easy to make and a Smeeta will actually multiply the fish you catch (when its charm is active). Smeeta = ultimate fishing buddy.   Hunting buddy.  Mining buddy.  Focus farming buddy.........................etc 

It would be nice if my Smeeta didn't hate fishing and actually activated the booster charm at least once in like 30 minutes... and when it does, it's literally the worse time when there's zero hotspots nearby...

Oxylus isn't anything special, but it's nice to keep track of hotspots, so it's easier to find them quickly and also you can keep track of other hotspots nearby, so you kinda can expect when they disappear.

As for the companions in general, recently beside Kavats, who both are pretty neat, but are not beginner friendly to get, I'm using either Raksa Kubrow, Djinn or Wyrm (Prime)

Raksa has pretty neat utility, having shield restore ability, which IMO is better than Sentinel's shield restore, especially for frames with large shield pool. And also has a decent CC ability, which can relief some pressure. Although it's usually better to unequip Howl when doing defenses in groups, since it can slow down the defense quite significantly, making enemies run away...

Wyrm is mostly good because of Negate precept from Simaris, so it's not exactly beginner friendly, but as soon as you can get it, it actually becomes a really great sentinel. The best part I like about it is that it negates knockdowns, which are always quite annoying. I usually don't use Crowd Dispersion precept lately, but I imagine it can be decent for early game, when you can't kill enemies that fast yet and knocking them away might be good.

Djinn, is also best with the Simaris precept, which allows him to come back from the dead every 90 seconds. But even without it it has a pretty decent CC

Also for a starter, Helios might be great, because of scanning ability.