Can something be done about Saryn?

On 2019-08-02 at 10:25 AM, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

Because that's what Saryns do. Please stop complaining, because that's the reason why Ember has been nerfed so hard into the ground that she can't even survive anything higher than level 20 missions

Can't do higher then level 20s....what did I miss..besides just the 4 losing range after 5 seconds and be half its size another 5 seconds later...oh wait...nobody knows how to build Ember besides dancing on a defense objective 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

I hate saryn. She promotes 0 effort and 0 skill for players to get the highest damage counter at the end of the mission.

You don't become a better player with saryn, you get better at pressing 1

you are playing saryn wrong if you think it is about pressing 1 or 4

1 minute ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

you are playing saryn wrong if you think it is about pressing 1 or 4

Yes they are wrong, they obviously don't know they have to press the secret  do (14 11 4 1111 44 14 11 444 11114 )loop 

• Like 1

I felt the same way when I first started.

Now, I just kind of accept it.

Though i do still get frustrated, I put time and effort into a build or a weapon and its not fast enough and people fly though the missions nuking everything in sight before I can even think of killing them. Then get called a leech at the end because one guy with a nuke build killed everything on the map. The game is so fast paced if your build isn't fast enough you can't do anything, you're just dead weight playing catch-up racing to extraction.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

*coughs* Sonar Banshee *coughs*

Rhino

Hildryn

Frost (Kinda)

Just some salty saryn main who gets triggered when someone dares insult his no skilled main. (Because he realises he might have to use some skill if she gets nerfed).

You press 1 button then everything is done for you. You are not a good player 

I'm online. Please level me at ESO with your Rhino, or Hildryn, or Frost (kinda). I just want to see your skill in action and get some exp out of it. We're both on PC so it works out. 🙂

2 hours ago, Cubewano said:

why

nerfing feels like a crab mentality

a player cant keep up because someone have a good setup what does he do? go to forums whine about hoping the setup is removed. instead of asking how can i keep up? how can i improve? how can i at least synegize with it? 

but no instead people will just cry in the forums and say, that should be removed, changed, nerfed, demonized and be rendered useless so i can have my fun. 

in public matchmaking. 

hace 6 horas, Loza03 dijo:

And here we demonstrate that you're either not reading posts or intentionally making straw men. Because I literally out-and-out say I have no problem with how Saryn actually plays. You don't need to be a press 4 and make a cup of tea to nuke, you just have to kill everything. Saryn's spores count as a nuke, despite how much effort she needs to put in. That was the point of my last paragraph.

Saryn can be made for that and still be balanced. Case and point, most hero-based shooters and most endurance modes. TF2 manages to make mercs for different jobs yet keep them balanced, and it has a much harder time of it considering that it's PvP. Balance might remain incredibly important in PvE, but it is at least a fair bit looser since the focus can stay on making them balanced to use instead of to use and to fight against.

Being stronger and being able to circumvent/trivialise the core gameplay loop are remarkably different things. It's commonly said CC is weak in current Warframe, yet Limbo can run multi-hour Grineer survivals by virtue of being able to stop anything from shooting him, which whilst a different way, reaches the same conclusion of 'can ignore gameplay'. But, that's a different frame for a different thread.

1: Once again, I have no issues with how Saryn actually plays, just that her output is overtuned.

2: Banshee was definitely in large part about the killing since a big part of it was to be a Focus Farm, which requires XP gain, and ability kills give Banshee 100% of the XP, making it a good method.

I call out mid-to-high level content, not low level content. And I'm aware, I might not have much experience but I have played her a little. 

Low level content gets messed with by virtue of the genre Warframe's in, there's not much saving it.

And they cause the same issues Saryn does. As I said multiple times, it's not just Saryn causing these issues.

I´m done with this post but I answer you because you was respectfull.

I think what you say "issue" is the game you are playing, This is not CoD, Fortnite or CSGo.

And numbers are in the side of "Saryn is fine" and it is not because I say it. It is because you can read skills and we have post here videos, simulacrums and demonstrations. Is not me, are the numbers. And I don't think DEV have opinions in their mind but the numbers.

Peace. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

a player cant keep up because someone have a good setup what does he do? go to forums whine about hoping the setup is removed. instead of asking how can i keep up? how can i improve? how can i at least synegize with it? 

but no instead people will just cry in the forums and say, that should be removed, changed, nerfed, demonized and be rendered useless so i can have my fun. 

in public matchmaking. 

so nothing like objective? just being rebellious to be rebellious?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

where in that post i talked about being rebellious? 

you're going against something for no actual reason, just for the sake of it, that's being rebellious. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

i think you just failed to see the reasons. i have other post before this btw. maybe you can find more reason there. 

you chose not to provide any real reasons so...

Edited by Cubewano
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, (PS4)wildcats1369my said:

in public matchmaking. 

For some people and some things, yes, maybe. There's always a non-0 percent who want something for selfish reasons

But I've called out Limbo a couple times, and he's the frame I use the most. And I want him, or rather his stasis, nerfed and him as a whole rebalanced for more interactivity. So certainly, some of us are trying to be objective.

And let's not pretend that everybody defending Saryn is doing it for purely objective reasons. A lot of people like their nukes and want to keep them, regardless of whether or not nukes, infinite invisibility and unlimited room-wide hard CC are breaking the game down slowly.

4 hours ago, str4dlin said:

I´m done with this post but I answer you because you was respectfull.

I think what you say "issue" is the game you are playing, This is not CoD, Fortnite or CSGo.

And numbers are in the side of "Saryn is fine" and it is not because I say it. It is because you can read skills and we have post here videos, simulacrums and demonstrations. Is not me, are the numbers. And I don't think DEV have opinions in their mind but the numbers.

Peace. 

Considering the uptick in Nullifiers and Ability-immune enemies, you're certainly right about the devs having numbers in their minds.

• Like 2