Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Handsome Grineer in the past? Is there Beautiful Infested in the future?

Just an observation on the Nidus Deluxe skin, this new infested skin for the double grip katana, and the Sentinel parts in this next Nightwave...I find myself wondering what each Infested Unit would look like if the virus was to stabilize...I can't see them reverting back to the hosts, but perhaps a certain mad scientist we all know actually found a way to finish what the Orokin started in their first attempt to fight off the Sentients? 

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

27 minutes ago, (PS4)i7081277 said:

OK DE. now... wheres pretty Grineer? where my gunners and ballisticas at?

snipers hiding prolly 

gunners prolly wearing masks

but i would like to see them since they also would not have cybernetics or at least as many  

"Pretty Grineer" is how the Orokin clone-drones looked like before they became Geriatrics Gone Wild due to genetic degradation (like copying from tape to tape to tape to ta-...). As for the Infested, I'm pretty sure that the final stage of an Infested being's development is becoming an Ancient (tentacle dude), hence their names. Brood Mothers seem to be somewhere between chargers (and other early-stage infested) and the Ancients in terms of age. The Mutalist strain seems to tend more towards "biologising" the robotics that it takes over. (Bursaframe?)

And speaking of the Helminth

Spoiler

The Helminth is its own beast, and I'm pretty sure that anyone who'd inject themselves with it would "warframe-ise". We've seen how it happens with Umbra, and everyone else who couldn't handle the agony of the virus.

Which implies that anyone perfectly mad enough to inject themselves with the Helminth on purpose is likely to be equally mad to weather the pain and not lose their mind. Steve has wiggle room to write a new sidequest to mirror The Sacrifice, but with someone warped enough to do the aforementioned in a quest for power.

As for the Arlo-strain, look at the tier-30 reward: it's likely a powerful strain which doesn't deform people into chargers and leapers, but actually turns people into something close(-but-not-a-frame) to Nidus.

Edited by evilChair
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Are you telling me Lephantis isn't beautiful?

Do you not approve of its glistening magnificence?

What's next, you say ghouls are ugly?

Is Vay Hek the only man of culture and taste in the system?

Please allow me to introduce myself, I'm a man of wealth and taste.

On 2019-08-07 at 6:06 PM, (PS4)i7081277 said:

OK DE. now... wheres pretty Grineer? where my gunners and ballisticas at?

Sadly, from the available lore it seems most likely the Orokin-era Grineer did not include the female model.

The Guardsmen Synthesis Imprint has the leader of the Grineer uprising, Veytok, declare Sectarus Bilsa (an Orokin they had kidnapped, and who subsequently defected to their side) to be "Grineer now".

Bilsa says the Grineer rebels need her because only she can command their stolen Orokin ship's Cephalon, due to her being Sectarus class.

The authorisations are revealed to be encoded into her genetics, so it would make sense for Veytok to clone her in order to expand his forces, but clearly it had not yet happened.

That lore occurs just after fall of the Orokin.

Edited by OmegaVoid

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-08-08 at 1:57 PM, OmegaVoid said:

Sadly, from the available lore it seems most likely the Orokin-era Grineer did not include the female model.

But the CGI trailer does in fact show female Heavy Gunners in the flashback. They aren't focused on, but there's definitely at least one with her mask off.

On 2019-08-07 at 6:03 PM, IntheCoconut said:

If Arlo is any indication, then yes. There will at least be "normal" appearances hiding the twisted infestation underneath. 

Arlo is a Venus Flytrap. Looks nice and gives out candy to his followers but he will eventualy eat them all or transform them into an infested army.

Edited by Melkfet

2 hours ago, PaleAntiquarian said:

But the CGI trailer does in fact show female Heavy Gunners in the flashback.

It does, in a couple of places. But it does not seem to be depicting the Orokin era.

The trailer shows Warframes fighting against Dax troops; prior to the assassination of the Orokin leadership, the Warframes fought alongside Orokin forces.

Spoiler

Well, except for Titania and Inaros. They fought against Orokin troops. But those were isolated cases. (Unless there is a significant lacuna in Orokin-era lore we have.)

Also, the trailer shows non-Prime Warframes, which also places it later in the timeline than the fall of the Orokin. (Probably.)

Spoiler

From the War Within quest, we know the Twin Queens could command the Dax because they had the Kuva Scepter.

From Olemedi's poem we know the rebelling Grineer fought for "years" against the Orokin remnants, before the Grineer pledged themselves to the Twins' service.

And the Lancer imprint suggests that Grineer clones had accelerated growth to maturity (unless the Old War moved so slowly that it was expected to last for decades). Bilsa's clones would then have been part of Veytok's army for some time before the Grineer bowed to the Queens.

Either way, the Queens' forces early on would have included Dax soldiers, Orokin hardware, and formerly-rebellious Grineer. Just as depicted in the trailer.

The implication in previous lore that female Grineer did not exist prior to Veytok's rebellion remains viable.