Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hildryn Tweaks

WoodedSkate89

12 minutes ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

then you should change the name of the post because a rework mean changing her skill for others, I think you are confused on what a rework means.
those are more like bugs.

Those aren't bugs, they are things we wanna be reworked about her.

We're talking about a small rework not a full scale one.

7 hours ago, PhazonMagala said:

She doesn't need a rework

what's your reasoning for that? I see a Hildryn once every ~30 games. In fact, I see Baruuks and Garudas much more often. Her metrics are very likely terrible, and she was very poorly received by the community.

37 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

what's your reasoning for that? I see a Hildryn once every ~30 games. In fact, I see Baruuks and Garudas much more often. Her metrics are very likely terrible, and she was very poorly received by the community.

There is 40 frames so 1 in 30 is still plenty. Hell i see her much more often then Nova. She is fine, just not gamebreaking therefor she wont be played as much.

• Like 1

She could do with a tweak or two. She still so new that a rework is not needed. The Tweak i'd like to see is that when you activate Aegis Storm you automatically get Balefire out and put it away again when you deactivate it. Also maybe a enhanced effect since you have a second one in AS that does nothing ~ A bigger AoE or such.

4 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

She could do with a tweak or two. She still so new that a rework is not needed. The Tweak i'd like to see is that when you activate Aegis Storm you automatically get Balefire out and put it away again when you deactivate it. Also maybe a enhanced effect since you have a second one in AS that does nothing ~ A bigger AoE or such.

Honestly i would just get rid of ragdolling on her 1, stagger maybe but this knockdowns are annoying. Also letting her use guns in her 4 would be awesome, i would slap tonkor or lenz on her.

8 hours ago, kuciol said:

Honestly i would just get rid of ragdolling on her 1, stagger maybe but this knockdowns are annoying. Also letting her use guns in her 4 would be awesome, i would slap tonkor or lenz on her.

I'd go with an archgun like larkspur

10 hours ago, Hai-chan said:

She needs to be able to cast 2 and 3 during 4. Also her 4 needs to be faster and fly over gaps. Also her 2 should steal a percentage of non-armored non-shielded enemies and convert it to shields.

Agreed, but she can use her 3 whilst in her 4

She does't need a rework. 

Especially while frames like Ember and Vauban are in the state they are. 

Hell I think she doesn't need one at all. Maybe just make her to steal life from infested to repelish her shields. And even that's debatable.

Edited by JackHargreav

20 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Her 1 needs a fire rate buff when she’s in her 4, because she gets 2 of them yet it grants no benefit.

Her 3 needs to do more to enemies.

Her 4 needs a lot of its movement restrictions removed.

Her 1 needs a base range buff plus the 4 definitely needs something more unique to add to the 1 or just let us fire our secondary at the same time with it mapped to the aim button while in the mode. It should honestly have us just use a larger version of the balefire charger and get a major range boost to compensate, it already does a massive amount of damage, adding a fire rate is not going to do much since its a charge and release shooter. 

Only real times that fire rate matters is when a gun has such bad fire rate it needs it to have consistent dakka OR its a auto-fire or burst fire type gun. Semi & Charge up type guns are not the type of guns that need fire rate unless they are absurdly slow on the down-time between each shot. Aka Lanka in general to be specific.

3 should just LOSE the interaction with enemies, just take it out and buff the raw shield bonus it gives out plus overcharge value, she already gets the ability to effectively gut shields and armor off enemies thanks to pillage.

4 needs mobility definitely and actually be like actual flight then just a pole getting stuck up her arse and she slides up & down it for gimmicks but if she suddenly hits a pit, the invisible pole gets found out and she falls to her deth(oh i mean `deactivation of abilities`).

Edited by Avienas

8 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

I hope you're not talking about damage.

Look at ember.

I just wish her 3 would also buff herself.. that'll be neat.

You can refer to my earlier post on good ideas they could Quality of life her, since she is not as bad as titania or nyx, but she certainly needs some polish. The fact it relies on a tether per target gimmick with only one thing being done to enemies, kind of makes it rather useless(Plus we all know abilities that get increased drain per unit affected is BAD, which you can refer to Oberon for that) and she already can strip any defensive capability off of even level 9999 enemies outside of pure health spongier-y, she honestly needs to just have the 3 more dedicated to team buffing and maybe throw in something for herself in the process. Maybe have it the 3 while active, could benefit another ability, kind of like how baruuk gets doubled range on his daggers when elude is up. Something to change up another ability, but its a choice to keep it on or off depending on what form you want it in. Such as maybe while the 3 is active she gets a base range bonus that could scale off of hildryn`s power str could be added to balefire charger while active.... :/ 

Edited by Avienas

17 minutes ago, Avienas said:

Her 1 needs a base range buff plus the 4 definitely needs something more unique to add to the 1 or just let us fire our secondary at the same time with it mapped to the aim button while in the mode. It should honestly have us just use a larger version of the balefire charger and get a major range bo

3 should just LOSE the interaction with enemies, just take it out and buff the raw shield bonus it gives out plus overcharge value, she already gets the ability to effectively gut shields and armor off enemies thanks to pillage.

Maybe have it’s range increase the longer it’s charged for. Because you make it too big at base and you basically have the equivalent of a rapid fire Garudas Blood Orb.

And I like her 3 targeting enemies. It makes her a great Ember replacement 

20 hours ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Please keep this thread civil and refrain from insults, I don't want this to get locked

Opinions on a Hildryn buff/rework?

I'm just curious to see what the community thinks on this issue?

And if you want the rework, what should be?

Her 1 needs to be changed from a charge type weapon to just a shooting type

Her 2 is great to me, so no changes here other than maybe making it work when your using her 4

Her 3 is fine, maybe make it where it does not drain when only allies are around.

her 4 needs to let you use the weapon you have, because her 1 is really bad as a charge type weapon.

Other than these few tweaks she is a really great warframe.

Edited by Firedtm

I feel like her

1 Should have an alternating faster rate of fire as a secondary fire whilst in the 4

2 Should get something from infested enemies

3 Should be like a chain. (So it starts at one enemy then can chain to others from that enemy instead of rooting from Hildryn)

4 Should have movement restrictions removed ability to use archguns whilst in it

31 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

Lesser cost on her 1, make her 3 a duration based ability so it can actually be used and make her being able to use weapons or skills during her 4.

As it stands now only way for Hildryn to actually be good is to run the I can't die lel setup.

She's an immortal tank, semi-nuker and support frame all at once