Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Begs

WoodedSkate89

Can we just get rid of them? (ban)

The amount of times I've been talking in region chat and some beg has come on and asked for someone to buy him stuff is insane.

The worst one was this guy who wanted someone to gift him khora. At first I told him that you can't trade non-prime warframe parts. Then he corrected me. He wanted someone to spend 300 plat on khora and gift it to him...

The most common is people asking for warframe slots, but still.

What do you guys think about them?

I hate begging in general so no help from me.

I've given stuff to some clan mates though, either prime parts which I could have sold or even the odd booster/slots.  But I don't mind doing that as I've done it because I wanted to type of thing rather than being asked.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Yeah the issue is I sometimes fall for them.. like this one guy I gifted a Roomba (100p) because I thought he might be genuine, but after getting it he thanked me and continued to beg in trade chat.. though he was lower in MR so guess.. it was nice for him

Or the couple times I fell for guys giving them some plat or other minor stuff.. the fun thing is most of them were Mr 17+.. but I couldn't call them out because.. if I give my word I do what I said...

Rip me

They're annoying af. There was once someone who wanted me to help him run kuva siphon missions for 50plat.

I told him to give me 10 before and then 40 afterwards. He refused and told me that he had others willing to do it without the upfront cost. I told him bye.

2 minutes later he starts moaning at me. I didn't even believe he actually had the plat so I told him to go into a trade and put the 50plat on the table. He doesn't need to give it to me, just prove that he has it at least.

He refused and called me selfish because I wouldn't let him scam me

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Oh well.. 

I had one guy Mr 24 begging for 20 plat or so, I think it was for a catalyst, so I gave in, though I didn't know his MR before the actual trade.. and it turned out he was begging because he didn't want an uneven number in plat..

I always think it's actually noobs that have no clue begging, but it's mostly high Mr players because of silly S#&$ like this lmao

But I gauss I collect at least karma points this way.. for being nice.

But damn that guy was a long time ago..

People who beg for ignis wraith blueprint also annoy me. Because they go for about 2 plat, and they can't be bothered to pay it.

• Like 1

it really should result in an automatic perma ban. their children should be banned from the game...so should their children...and their children's children...and their children's children's children...and so on and so forth

Edited by Magicfingers
because it needed editing
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Yeah the issue is I sometimes fall for them.. like this one guy I gifted a Roomba (100p) because I thought he might be genuine, but after getting it he thanked me and continued to beg in trade chat.. though he was lower in MR, so gauss.. it was nice for him

Or the couple times I fell for guys giving them some plat or other minor stuff.. the fun thing is most of them were Mr 17+.. but I couldn't call them out because.. if I give my word I do what I said...

Rip me

Yeah... I totally understand gifting a valuable mod to a new player, like Shell Shock to some enthusiastic shotgun player... or someone missing that last prime part. But I don't understand why you would ever gift an aesthetic to anybody. I am very curious, what exactly were you thinking when you gifted a roomba to someone?

As annoying as they are, it's not a bannable offense afaik.. (but will get them kicked from the chat)

Just put them on ignore, if everyone does that, ironically they will lose more plat that way on not being able to trade than they could ever gain on begging.

The ignore list solves almost everything, it's one of my favorite Warframe abilities.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

I was trading, I was happy, idk.. and then I saw him, and thought "man this poor puny human.. can't even afford a roomba" I thought myself that I have enough plat, I could give him one..

And I did not expect he would continue to beg afterwards.. 

Idk there are times where I'm happy and satisfied and fall for stuff like that..

You know, feeling bad for others..

Yeah, but it doesn't really do anything. An aesthetic won't help a new player in any way...

Whenever I gift something, it's usually the reverse. I observe a genuine tryhard and then I offer something. Or that person sighing about getting that last part in a relic mission... I don't trust beggars.

• Like 2

Just now, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

He wasn't THAT new, and he asked for one and I happened to see it.. 

I tried to be nice and now I have to defend myself xD 

More like, you were taken advantage of. You're a victim, not someone being nice.

• Like 1

Word of advice here: Never buy anything for people asking for it. If you feel like giving away something, do it on your own terms, but never to anyone asking for something.

For example; you have this clan/alliance mate, or really good friend who you see talking about frames or a weapon, but he can't get it right now because he doesn't have space. Send him 1 Warframe slot if this is what you feel like doing, and he'll be super grateful, especially after not having asked you for anything. You feel good, they feel ecstatic, and it's a good thing.

But someone asking that you don't know? Never do it.

Another thing, turn off region chat in options > chat. You'll get some real fresh air after that.

• Like 1

AFAIK begging in Region is forbidden and will get you kicked. Sometimes they'll just PM random people instead but they usually aren't smart enough to do that.

Those who add bogus 'WTB' on their messages on Trade channel to get around chat filters are much worse.

Once i had a new player come to me and ask if he could have flow, streamline, comtinuity ect. I gave him those so he could progress a little easier. Thats when he thought that i was so kind that id give him more rare mods. He started asking me for all sirts of primed mods then, vault mods that cost 40p, ect. Eventually i just stopped. 

• Like 1

Even in warframe.market there's beggars too

Yo this guy tried to sell me prime junk when I was selling Saryn Prime on the market, I said plat or GTFO, he kept offering junk like anything else but the plat.

Clicked on his name, "Ignore", done.

Edited by RamonLeeYJ

1 hour ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

They're annoying af. There was once someone who wanted me to help him run kuva siphon missions for 50plat.

I told him to give me 10 before and then 40 afterwards. He refused and told me that he had others willing to do it without the upfront cost. I told him bye.

2 minutes later he starts moaning at me. I didn't even believe he actually had the plat so I told him to go into a trade and put the 50plat on the table. He doesn't need to give it to me, just prove that he has it at least.

He refused and called me selfish because I wouldn't let him scam me

A guy from my clan (we have multiple separate clans in WF) scammed me out of 50p for taxi in the void. Once we finished the mission, he left and ignored me. I checked his profile and saw he was in a separate sub-clan and I got him demoted in his clan and I got 50p from him in the end after I messaged one of the heads in the clan

So that was a funny story

1 hour ago, WoodedSkate89 said:

Can we just get rid of them? (ban)

The amount of times I've been talking in region chat and some beg has come on and asked for someone to buy him stuff is insane.

The worst one was this guy who wanted someone to gift him khora. At first I told him that you can't trade non-prime warframe parts. Then he corrected me. He wanted someone to spend 300 plat on khora and gift it to him...

The most common is people asking for warframe slots, but still.

What do you guys think about them?

I wouldn't say "Ban" but rather have a bot warn them or an Admin warn them not to beg. If they carry on, have their account suspended for a day, if they get suspended again then the duration will be 3 days and so on and so on. If they haven't been suspended for at least a month, the duration will be reset

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Yeah I can see that.. the guy I gave the Roomba is probably still begging in trade chat (sadly don't remember his name)

I think I stick to gifting catalysts to team mates if I enjoyed the match..

Or just gift stuff to friends who you know needs them. Doesn't help you gift a catalyst to someone who has 50 already <~>

• Like 1

I'll offer to give mods and prime parts for free to people that are advertising they WTB.  I'm not going to give them to people straight up asking for them.  I'm sure as hell not gifting anything out of the store for platinum.  They also beg in trade chat.  I wonder if they realize it hurts them in the long run.  I know I'm not the only one that instantly ignores them and then later on when they actually wanna buy/sell/trade alot of potential deals can't be made because they're on ignore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Well my rule was they must be under MR 20.. and I'm 27 still needing them, so.. those who got them were happy 😛

the issue is my friends don't play this game anymore, I'm in a solo clan, so.. I can only gift myself 😂

I know the feeling. My previous clan was absolutely dead, having 95% of people offline for over 100 days. I asked for a new clan in the Recruitment chat and found this one currently, playing daily ever since. Pretty much every member is online every day and they help you with stuff. It's pretty neat