Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 Hotfix: Nightwave Series 2 - Final Episode

[DE]Danielle

Hotfix: Nightwave Series 2 - Final Episode

The final episode of Nightwave: Series 2 is live on all platforms!

We also have an official end date for Nightwave: Series 2! You have until October 13th to rank up and earn rewards, including the Emissary Operator Suit, Nikana Maligna Skin, Spore Ephemera and more!

A note on Episode 5:
Without spoiling too much on what Episode 5 brings, we wanted to provide a bit of information on ZEALOT CODES. 

Zealot Codes are required to engage in a new encounter brought in Episode 5.

What’s a Zealot Code? If you’ve noticed this, you’ll know completing these gives you access to Zealot missions: 
5b2509d3832938bc92ad52c326c01ea4.JPG

(1 Zealot Code is acquired from completing 3 Infested Outbreak missions on a planet under an Outbreak. 2 planets are always under an Outbreak at all times, meaning you can get 2 Zealot Codes per day.)

If you have Zealot Codes in your Inventory, you can engage that respective amount of times plus with the more Codes you can continually earn. 

Fun fact: this mysterious encounter will return after Nightwave Series 2 ends on October 13th as a permanent new boss fight.

Fixes:

HOTFIXES

September 26th - Hotfix #1

Nightwave Changes & Fixes:

• Emissary boss rewards will now only be revealed at the End of Mission screen to prevent aborting the mission if you didn’t receive the part you wanted.
  • Lowered the Zealoid Prelate and Zealoid Bastion Codex scans from 30 to 3.
  • Removed Zealoid Prelate and Zealoid Bastion from the Simulacrum due to breaking functionality. 
  • Fixed Zealoid Prelate walking in place if it’s killed without picking up Arlo's Lantern.

Fixes:

• Fixed the Norg’s Mask and Mother’s Mask having a temporary price of 1 Credit.

1 more infested mission to do is the Tridolons (DE only mission) Bugs crawl all over with 2 failed attempts for no reason (boss on ground before kill and just, Failed, never even got up). 1 time: wtf??? 2nd: #*#' o~› ‹3(DE) and after I'll promise to sing We shall Overcome and Kumbaja My Lord. Massive hits if I may say it myself from testing in the shower ;). 

Hotfix #1

Nightwave Changes & Fixes:

• Emissary boss rewards will now only be revealed at the End of Mission screen to prevent aborting the mission if you didn’t receive the part you wanted.
  • Lowered the Zealoid Prelate and Zealoid Bastion Codex scans from 30 to 3.
  • Removed Zealoid Prelate and Zealoid Bastion from the Simulacrum due to breaking functionality. 
  • Fixed Zealoid Prelate walking in place if it’s killed without picking up Arlo's Lantern.

Fixes:

• Fixed the Norg’s Mask and Mother’s Mask having a temporary price of 1 Credit.

Being honest, if what ive heard that all of the item parts have a 33% drop rate I'm sorry but that's not true. The system appears heavily weighted against blade, I've done it like 20 times and I have one blade. I was really enjoying this mission and the mechanic of the lantern, very Halloween feel... but now I'm running out of keys with only one blade and that's kinda sucking the fun out of it. 

Yeah yeah it just came out, all im saying is it better be pretty special for this much leg work. 

15 hours ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Being honest, if what ive heard that all of the item parts have a 33% drop rate I'm sorry but that's not true. The system appears heavily weighted against blade, I've done it like 20 times and I have one blade. I was really enjoying this mission and the mechanic of the lantern, very Halloween feel... but now I'm running out of keys with only one blade and that's kinda sucking the fun out of it. 

Yeah yeah it just came out, all im saying is it better be pretty special for this much leg work. 

Bah, just run it four times, then spend a short while asking clan / alliance / trade chat if anyone want to exchange dupe parts. Myself, had one BP and three cortexes after run. If you can't find exchanges, sell the dupe parts for 20-30p , then buy the blades for like 25-30p when one shows up using the trade filters.

Personally, got my two blades for 60p , then sold my two dupes for 40p. Was fine taking a small plat loss there. For the 20p loss, I just sold a couple duplicate mods by putting a wtb filter and waiting a couple of mins for a mod I had duplicates of... Or you could run the new boss more times and sell the dupes to recoup the small plat loss... Or sell your dupes now and wait a couple of days for the blades to be more common and less sought after. You shouldn't have to run it more than four times if you trade dupes.

Hey DE, quick question, why is it after all these updates that phorid still glitches when going solo!? I enter the boss room and phorid doesn't spawn, i exit the room and go back in, wrinse repeat, until finally phorid spawns. What's the deal with that? And it only happens while running phorid solo. Consistently, every single solo run. It's ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)RoninWolf95 said:

Hey DE, quick question, why is it after all these updates that phorid still glitches when going solo!? I enter the boss room and phorid doesn't spawn, i exit the room and go back in, wrinse repeat, until finally phorid spawns. What's the deal with that? And it only happens while running phorid solo. Consistently, every single solo run. It's ridiculous.

Quick correction, realized it doesn't spawn immediately upon approaching the encounter point(like every other boss). Instead it seems to spawn on a time delay.....why? Every other boss spawns immediately upon approaching the encounter point, but phorid takes ~15 second delay to spawn? I realized this by accident because i was knocked down by an infested ancient in the room......How does this make any logical sense?

12 hours ago, (PS4)RoninWolf95 said:

Quick correction, realized it doesn't spawn immediately upon approaching the encounter point(like every other boss). Instead it seems to spawn on a time delay.....why? Every other boss spawns immediately upon approaching the encounter point, but phorid takes ~15 second delay to spawn? I realized this by accident because i was knocked down by an infested ancient in the room......How does this make any logical sense?

He delays for me as well, but maybe only 5sec. In a squad its a lot longer but that's only cause i get there way before everyone else in the squad. So i think the 5sec delay when playing solo May depend on how fast you get to him. At least thats how i feels to me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-09-27 at 3:09 AM, (PS4)Stealth_Cobra said:

Bah, just run it four times, then spend a short while asking clan / alliance / trade chat if anyone want to exchange dupe parts. Myself, had one BP and three cortexes after run. If you can't find exchanges, sell the dupe parts for 20-30p , then buy the blades for like 25-30p when one shows up using the trade filters.

Personally, got my two blades for 60p , then sold my two dupes for 40p. Was fine taking a small plat loss there. For the 20p loss, I just sold a couple duplicate mods by putting a wtb filter and waiting a couple of mins for a mod I had duplicates of... Or you could run the new boss more times and sell the dupes to recoup the small plat loss... Or sell your dupes now and wait a couple of days for the blades to be more common and less sought after. You shouldn't have to run it more than four times if you trade dupes.

On 2019-09-26 at 11:49 AM, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

Idk, but I got melee weapon right away. Might have been because I had mod drop rate and drop rate booster on. Yes, I know mod drop rate buff is for “ mods” but I noticed All the times I’ve ran the boss fight Ive got full weapon set drops until the mod booster buff ran out.thats when I got same parts to drop over and over. I used all 20 extra keys to get one set Vs having that mod drop booster. there might be a bug or a coding error that has the boss drop items in order or starting with whatever drops first then goes in a 1,2,3,4 rotation drop till it cycles back to the first dropped item. I’ve noticed it on other boss farms, beacon drops, and silvergrove farming. I have terrible RNG luck and since I got the mod drop booster and did a consistent farm on one boss. Looked like everything the boss can drop would drop only once until it started back at the same item you got the first time and kept on repeating. Like I said earlier. After the mod drop booster ended that’s when it seemed like regular RNG for a boss would drop the same items and make farming tedious. I had no problem farming two sets in a row with the mod drop booster stacked with the drop Chance booster.I’d have to get another mod drop booster to see if it was just luck or there is a bug or a coding issue that forces enemies and bosses to drop all items on their drop table in order starting with whatever item dropped. The two random groups that stayed with me farming got a full set of the infested glaive weapon and both said it took them forever to farm. On my solo farms using apothics I got all items dropped once from Loki, saryn and Oberon. So, it could be just luck or when the mod drop booster and drop rate booster are stacked with each other there is a coding error and it causes enemies/bosses to drop the loot table in order starting with whatever dropped first. I’ll update this when I find someone with the mod drop booster and join with them to see if both boosters together does mess with the drop tables.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Kuku said:

In one of the last 2 Devstreams DE had mentioned that the Nightwave was going to end on Oct.13th but the Emissary was going to continue. I was still able to get the Pathocyst from the boss but a lot of players were collecting there codes an now what they said would stay is gone. Why?

Don't worry it will return to us permanently, just give it some time so it gets added in the game.

Archived