Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kohm rivens needs to be nerfed

-CM-AbsoluteZero

1 minute ago, fr4gb4ll said:

hmm, with status chance, multishot, fire-rate and base-damage in the riven it sure gets a nice boost... but wasn't that what riven were meant to be? the khom, even though a fun weapon to play with, never was one of those metas people used. with such a riven (and likely ungodly many re-rolls) it might get immensely powerfull - but that can be said to other weapons as well, like some zaw and kit-guns when combined with the right riven and arcane in them... when i maim-cheese with my zaw and fell lvl200 heavy grineer in groups with one swing only, it's also kinda over the top (though i guess that might end with tomorrows update too).

i said best overall for a reason. many other Weapons have high Stats but nothing else is able to reach the sort of DPS Kohm offers, nor the flexibility vs Enemies in general.
there's certain Weapons that greatly excel in certain fields, like how say a Sniper Rifle can excel in certain types of content, but Kohm beats everything in the average.

5 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i said best overall for a reason. many other Weapons have high Stats but nothing else is able to reach the sort of DPS Kohm offers, nor the flexibility vs Enemies in general.
there's certain Weapons that greatly excel in certain fields, like how say a Sniper Rifle can excel in certain types of content, but Kohm beats everything in the average.

which is still no reason to nerf the riven dispo - this would (and should) only happen when many player start using the khom all of a sudden. but true, DE tends to not test some things propperly all too often and ending up with 'damage-containment'  procedures that upset many players (we sure had them often enough in the past).

still, after watching some vids with seemingly 'god' riven for the khom, i'm not that amazed at the numers - they do look good, but not anyway near what i would call 'game-breaking'... so i don't share OPs call for 'nerf' - but i always am ok if proven wrong. so, if you have better examples of actual gameplay with such over-riven for the khom, please share them.

those two i watched were:

and

8 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

which is still no reason to nerf the riven dispo 

still, after watching some vids with seemingly 'god' riven for the khom, i'm not that amazed at the numers

at no point in my Posts here did i say that it was. i made no comments on that at all.

95% of 'God' Rivens, aren't. it's just the only Weapon that can reach DPS in the realm of ~300,000+.

also, your referenced Videos show an oopsie being made in the demonstration.

Remove vigilante armaments and then replace it with any 60/60 status mods to get 100% status over multishot. Sorry for being a newb.

oops.

Edited by taiiat

Kohm and Detron should definitely be subjected to riven disposition changes based on popularity like every other weapon.

If a Kohm riven gets nerfed, the weapon will STILL be able to get 100% status chance before multishot depending on the mods you choose for it.
I see it being pointless having outliers that aren't affected by the riven disposition changes. 

If DE is indicated rivens are heavily affecting these weapon's builds maybe they should look into balancing out the stats instead of projecting a certain meta to build these weapons.

19 hours ago, taiiat said:

at no point in my Posts here did i say that it was. i made no comments on that at all.

that wasn't directed toward your comment but to the OPs statement to nerf it - sorry, if this came over wrong.

19 hours ago, taiiat said:

also, your referenced Videos show an oopsie being made in the demonstration.

they do? what did they do wrong?

Hmm. I seem to remember exception being given for it so that it could reach 100% status, or something along those lines. From some of the prime time screenshots, it looks like the kuva kohm has an increased base status chance, though that could be subject to change or part of an ill-conceived random system.

either way, I wonder if "kuva kohm" is going to do away with "protections" for kohm rivens.

22 minutes ago, -CM-AbsoluteZero said:

No excuses anymore boys, recent Prime time shows the Kuva kohm with 30% status chance say goodbye to your rivens.

They're still useful, just add more non-status mods for more damage...just saying...

Also, there's supposed to be no favoritism in the riven system, it's all popularity statistical based. So eventually it'll will inevitably be nerfed...Tbh, I don't see many folks run kohm as often as catchmoon, which will be nerfed beyond just nerfing the riven disposition.

IMO, what's the point of investing lots of plat on a god tier riven for it later to be nerfed (example: rubico, corinth, arca plasmor)? The riven system is such a brilliant design to get plat from whales, I must say...We didn't even need rivens in the first place to beat sorties and even do long timed missions, as well...There's more to weapon builds than just the riven.

Thus, I'll say it again, rivens are a newb trap...Folks debating about riven dispositions being too high or too low, lmfao...it's made to go up and down similar to stocks...

Soma prime disposition (old popular weapon of choice in the good old days) used to be so low it was sad, now it's a bit higher.

Edited by CrystalSpark

Kohm is made so strong by getting 100% Status due to how Shotgun pellets work with status. Sure extra damage/MS/Fire Rate from a high dispo riven are neat but the 100% status is really where its at.

If Kuva Kohm is a substantial upgrade ot the normal one and its popularity goes up substantially, obviously the riven dispo is gonna eat a nerf. Thats how the system works. However as long as Kohm can stillr each 100% status it will be pretty much just as strong with a weaker riven, especially if Kuva Kohm features higher base dmg to acommodate for the actual damage lost from the dispo nerf.

Not sure what this silly crusade is about. Not sure what you are promising yourself by getting the Kohm nerfed. Will it improve your gameplay experience? Can you be succesfully spiteful because you lost a toy at some point? The irony is that the riven nerf might not even matter to the Kohms strength and the entire point is just out of the window, unless your grudge is against the price of a Kohm riven which would be also quite ironic.

Its also laughable to just claim the game is being trivialized by one weapon. Everything under 200 is generally trival to kill with a lot of weapons and frames. Even if Kohm was just entirely removed from the game it wouldn't change a thing.

Kohm is like half-minute hero, only simulacrum warriors use it to sell their 120% SC riven. It's unusable for long runs unless you're willing to sit on 5-7 active ammo pads all the time. I'd say Sarpa with ok-ish riven will give the same result, without the hassle of ammo, and you can add stealth multiplier on top of that.