The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny 2 vs Warframe.

Brey223

12 hours ago, Luciole77 said:

Battle bosses very fun! The weak point of warframe is the batlle bosses....annoying as hell!

Funny when the bullet sponge, invincibility phase, area damage, mobs surrounding you are very fun on destiny 2 but for some reason the same things are annoying as hell to you in warframe

17 hours ago, Brey223 said:

I want DE to succeed and I want to see them taking a listen to the veteran players since they’re the ones that stick around well after the content has dried up.

Emm... 

Unfortunately that wouldn't change what DE is today, they always rejected veterans' feedback and opinion and that's the consequence, if we compare with Bungie we see a stark quality difference, Warframe just doesn't match Anthem at Twitch because DE forces you to watch it in exchange for twitch drop which is nothing more than junk. You know, what kind of content Warframe have to offer? Meanwhile Destiny 2 has solid content, Raids, Nightfalls, PVP ... and Destiny 2 has no real money slot system like Rivens.

And just warn, don't create hype for empyrean or new war, it will be better for you ...

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1

Reading through the comments most of you kept it civil. Some were sh!te posting but I do enjoy the conversation. Really this isn’t about comparing the two games due to the fact they are two different games with economy and mechanics. Honestly it’s just how DE could learn from bungie and vice versa, I would love to see them gear themselves to player retention rather than churning the player base to keep their numbers up. 

If I want to talk or read about Destiny 2, I'd go to the dedicated forums for it. But since this is the Warframe forums and Destiny 2 is a total dumpster fire that reeks of Activision's stench, I don't give a damn about it. 

Stop making more topics about the stupid game!

16 hours ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

both suck just play anthem

200.gif

Edited by (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

Funny when the bullet sponge, invincibility phase, area damage, mobs surrounding you are very fun on destiny 2 but for some reason the same things are annoying as hell to you in warframe

In fairness, a lot of these mechanics come down to implementation, rather than being inherently bad.

A bullet sponge can be fun to fight if it reacts to your attacks in an interesting way. My go-to example of this would be the Hectors in the EDF series. They soak up a lot of damage from the weapons you generally have when first fighting them, but every shot that hits throws their aim off wildly as they reel back, leading to an interesting mechanic where you have to time your shots so that they connect right before the Hector fires a volley.

Obviously this kind of thing wouldn't fit very well in Warframe as-is. EDF as a series tends far more toward cheesy B-movie camp than Warframe.

Destiny could benefit from a matchmaking system, sure, but keep in mind that Raids (and high level Strikes sometimes) are difficult activities that require a Fireteam, coordination, hours of playing and mics. So I understand why both Bungie and vets don't want matchmaking, since 80% of those who join, would quit or wouldn't have the skill.

Anyways, as someone who plays both games (but currently is taking a break from WF due to the lack of content), they couldn't be more different. However, I agree that both could benefit from each other. Maybe Bungie could learn one or two lessons from DE (and they are, 'cause the new modding system is very WF-like) for example, customisation-wise, and DE maybe could learn a few lessons from Destiny, for example how to do a good boss fight and Raids/endgame content.

Edited by (PS4)FastestKnight

40 minutes ago, Brey223 said:

Reading through the comments most of you kept it civil. Some were sh!te posting but I do enjoy the conversation. Really this isn’t about comparing the two games due to the fact they are two different games with economy and mechanics. Honestly it’s just how DE could learn from bungie and vice versa, I would love to see them gear themselves to player retention rather than churning the player base to keep their numbers up. 

It is easy to say that they can learn from Bungie when there are no concrete ideas regarding what they could learn. I'm re-reading your OP over and over and find no actual idea on what they can learn. We already have dungeons, which are called missions in all various forms where assassinations would be the most similar to old-school dunegoneering. I mean WF practically has it all, but many of the vets that ask for more are also crying the moment something gets released that is tuned too hard for the power that we possess.

You just cant make content for a game where a large part of the crowd that is begging for more and challenging content refuses to accept the slightest balance pass or nerf. Balance passes and nerfs that could eventually actually get this game to the point where every new content addition is a worthwhile and interesting content addition while also giving us real progress.

The reason it is easier for Destiny 2 is because the game relies on a massive illusion of progression and difficulty, when you remove that or when players finaly realize it, then you practically have no progression at all in the game. You simply hunt loot to fight mobs of a higher power level so you can hunt more loot to fight mobs of the next power level. When you actually look at it, you are pretty much fighting identical mobs of a near identical difficulty as you did a few power levels lower. Only a very specific few parts of the game scale beyond that point and lets you face actually channeling opponents tailored for a specific level of power in your progression. There are other games that also run with that poor type of system because it is easy to make new content that feels challenging yet really isnt. Inquisitor Martyr uses nearly the exact same system, they do however show the player the exact change in percentage when it comes to incoming and outgoing damage against/from the mobs in the mission. But it doesnt matter if you sit at 500 or 5000 power rating, if the difference between you and the mobs is 200 power rating, then the mobs will deal the same % bonus damage in both cases. 

WF would likely benefit from a scaling system more inline with fractals of GW2, where you head into a new type of never before experienced content and need to obtain new gear specific to that place in order to tackle higher difficulties. This goes hand in hand with all your previous regular progress and gear, but keeps the game going. DE kinda has this idea going with the new Kuva Liches and the item that we'll upgrade in order to kill them. In GW it came down to specific items that gave specific resistance to that type of content while also working in all other places like regular gear.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

If I want to talk or read about Destiny 2, I'd go to the dedicated forums for it. But since this is the Warframe forums and Destiny 2 is a total dumpster fire that reeks of Activision's stench, I don't give a damn about it. 

Stop making more topics about the stupid game!

200.gif

No, it was a out of season april fools joke. 

Also Destiny 2 is a good game and has been since Forsaken launched. There's a reason why a lot of WF partners are streaming it/making content from it. It's fine if you don't like Destiny 2, but there's zero rules on discussing it's relevance to Warframe. Both are free to play games and both do things well and both do things they can improve upon. it's just right now Destiny 2 is just in a much better position, just as Warframe used to be. 

37 minutes ago, (XB1)RanskyNoodles said:

Who needs Destiny to fill the warframe void (not that void) when The Outer Worlds comes out on friday? It's free with Xbox Game pass, so I'm all set until at least Grendel drops. and then I'll get back onto the Outer worlds once Grendel and the blender club he has is maxed.

My plan for friday is Bojack Horseman, the outer worlds via PC game pass (preloaded) and hop onto do bounties if I feel like it... in Destiny 2 that is. 

1 hour ago, Corvid said:

A bullet sponge can be fun to fight if it reacts to your attacks in an interesting way. My go-to example of this would be the Hectors in the EDF series.

100% this but my example would be Divsion 1 after it got vastly improved. enemies could still take 12-20 rounds to kill and bosses would take a few magazine dumps but they actually had tactics as it's a cover-shooter based video game. In Warframe it's just high damage bursts ASAP to kill the target, it's to the point Crowd Control is irrelevant in Warframe save for mobile defense. 

18 hours ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

both suck just play anthem

Heretic! Screw that! Play Fallout 76 with now a yearly subscription of $99.99!

Exclusve cosmetics! Your own private server for you to do private things in! Atoms! And... err... something else. A few other something elses. And we will have Human NPCs next year too!

• Like 1

Destiny 2 is good for me right now because it is enough entertainment to mess around with while WF is dragging on forever to release juicier content. 

Honestly, D2Lites' blatant disregard for introduction/immersion for new players is unsavory for me. Like wtf is going on?  But I do admit it is a tight, fun looter shooter when the servers provide you with a squad during missions. However, even with the sudden influx of players because of it freemium content, I find myself bored to death doing most content solo. It is just too shallow to invest expansions with at its current state. 

40 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

No, it was a out of season april fools joke. 

Also Destiny 2 is a good game and has been since Forsaken launched. There's a reason why a lot of WF partners are streaming it/making content from it. It's fine if you don't like Destiny 2, but there's zero rules on discussing it's relevance to Warframe. Both are free to play games and both do things well and both do things they can improve upon. it's just right now Destiny 2 is just in a much better position, just as Warframe used to be. 

I think you are confusing the terms "Free to play" and "Free to start". 

Come back when you don't have to pay for the expansions.

38 minutes ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

I wouldn't mind paying for the expansions in D2, if they didn't #*!% up the progress. 

I was actually looking forward to playing D2 on Steam, picking up where I left the game half a year ago, somewhere just past the original first storyline. But "New Light" and the total loss of direction made me look away again. 

40 minutes ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

And that’s why I started this discussion saying destiny is more of a freemium game. It’s not free to play yet but I’m sure they’re going to get there eventually. Warframe when it started out was very predatory but as time went on they stabilized and have become quite good with their monetization. 

1 hour ago, Fire2box said:

My plan for friday is Bojack Horseman, the outer worlds via PC game pass (preloaded) and hop onto do bounties if I feel like it... in Destiny 2 that is. 

Thats a good plan, and I wish to recreate a part of it. Mainly the Outer Worlds part lol. Maybe I'll start a new show to watch.

22 minutes ago, Thando said:

I wouldn't mind paying for the expansions in D2, if they didn't #*!% up the progress. 

I was actually looking forward to playing D2 on Steam, picking up where I left the game half a year ago, somewhere just past the original first storyline. But "New Light" and the total loss of direction made me look away again. 

It is an absolute mess. You can pick up the old quest lines from the hangar chick however.

Although, imo, it's shockingly poor that the first mission isn't played. I was 30 hours in before playing the first mission of the main legacy story, and it's ridiculous how much tutorial is included there that isn't in the "New light" one.

I play both, mostly warframe because its a more intense kind of farming, but they are pretty different, WF its a fast paced action oriented RPG, while destiny its a moderated FPS with RPG elements for progression.

Destiny combat system its way to shallow compared to warframe.

About open maps, like more the warframe ones hope they build more content in them than launching newer versions.

Destiny farm item drops.

Warframe farm resources to build item.

Customization,WF all they way there its not even a competition.

PVE- WF better because youre not limited by a class but you can use different heroes(the warframe) so a same mission can be made with many differents aproaches.

PVP - Destiny all the way, DE should retake PVP it for endgame or self sustaining content, do a complete PVP rewrok, have public events where you have your WF at lvl 30 and no mod and other game modes where you can use your loadouts at dessire.

Lore- Tie both are good and have many things in the air.

Mission types : WF have way more variety. but destiny does have an endgame.

MAP: Im mixed, I like the clean way that Destiny shows the system but have to take into account that DE have way more in it, but still fells somehow empty, Kuva fortress and Intermission 2 direlict helped a lot in this.

Developer: N/A Because I like that DE its always trying to innovate and brings new ideas, but dislike that they wont think it twice before dumping ideas that were not welcome or had their hype cooled down they ususally leave them to root, Ex: the whole conclave(pvp), archwing, etc.

Cant say too much for bungie they just shatter their chains from activision will wait and see how they do.

if I have to pick a winner at this moment will be WF but this can change as the time passes.

23 hours ago, prodi1600 said:

I play both, mostly warframe because its a more intense kind of farming, but they are pretty different, WF its a fast paced action oriented RPG, while destiny its a moderated FPS with RPG elements for progression.

Destiny combat system its way to shallow compared to warframe.

About open maps, like more the warframe ones hope they build more content in them than launching newer versions.

Destiny farm item drops.

Warframe farm resources to build item.

Customization,WF all they way there its not even a competition.

PVE- WF better because youre not limited by a class but you can use different heroes(the warframe) so a same mission can be made with many differents aproaches.

PVP - Destiny all the way, DE should retake PVP it for endgame or self sustaining content, do a complete PVP rewrok, have public events where you have your WF at lvl 30 and no mod and other game modes where you can use your loadouts at dessire.

Lore- Tie both are good and have many things in the air.

Mission types : WF have way more variety. but destiny does have an endgame.

MAP: Im mixed, I like the clean way that Destiny shows the system but have to take into account that DE have way more in it, but still fells somehow empty, Kuva fortress and Intermission 2 direlict helped a lot in this.

Developer: N/A Because I like that DE its always trying to innovate and brings new ideas, but dislike that they wont think it twice before dumping ideas that were not welcome or had their hype cooled down they ususally leave them to root, Ex: the whole conclave(pvp), archwing, etc.

Cant say too much for bungie they just shatter their chains from activision will wait and see how they do.

if I have to pick a winner at this moment will be WF but this can change as the time passes.

Almost like they are two very different games but share similarities being set in space and having things that go pewpew and things that go slash slash. 

That said Destiny 2 is in a much, much better place. 

1. You start Destiny 2 as a new player. you are already light level 750. You can climb to 900 in mere hours. A wide majority of the content is doable from the very start after the short tutorial.

2. you don't pay for gear space, you don't craft items with timer locks on them. 

In warframe you're going to be locked to your starter warframe for a minimum of 78 hours. For as much cosmetics DE pumps out I seriously hope they are considering ending the slots business asides for rivens since they've publicly whined about server space for those.