Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Overview: Prime Time #266!

[DE]Rebecca

15 hours ago, Renzo said:

I recommend trying this out actually and a good place to start is the place a lot of people have mentioned in this and other threads, the arbitrations, where you actually have to pixel peep for the drones behind the enemies, but this might be a bit too extreme example(?).

🤣 and you were thinking DE developers actually play their own game

22 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

Other completed weapons you can trade are weapons sold by Baro or Syndicate weapons, though only if they have never received mastery. So a precedent exists, though perhaps they won't do it here.

I wasn't aware of that Baro's items could be traded, but I should have remembered the Syndicate weapons.  Since trading for them is how I've gotten all of mine.  Ah well.  I guess we'll find out in a week.  Or two.  ("DE has played Primed Soon(tm)!  Values of all Soon(tm) cards in play are doubled!")

4 hours ago, (PS4)TheLastPillar said:

Is it just me or is Ember's new 4 just Ash's 4 but with a target limit?

No. The new 4 has a maximum ENERGY cap, but not enemy limit. What Megan meant is that if you hit 10 enemies it will cost X amount of energy, but you can target 100 in your sight and will still cost X amount of energy, not 10X

Very interested to see how all this turns out, hoping razorwing doesn’t cancel when moving to operator. 

Skeptical of the Parazon but willing to adapt. 

I wanted to offer a suggestion, Orbital Strike might be more satisfying to use if you consider a hold+aim targeting mechanic. Selecting a target area using a disc matching the aoe you guide with the reticle. I’m thinking Sienna’s Conflagration Staff from Vermintide 2  

Honestly it ties into my only real grievance, I loved Vauban because he was deploying stationary gear, things that felt like he’d actually modified his environment. It wasn’t much but the trip-wire and laser grid augment were to me the entire appeal of the Frame.

I hope we can get these back somehow. The new kit feels... superficial to me personally. I don’t have a reason to use him now. But I am glad for those who will enjoy it. 

On 2019-10-25 at 10:12 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • After the Update launches, we are providing an Inbox full of goodies. We know you’ve put a lot of time and resources into some of the things we’re changing (Melee, Vauban, Ember, etc), so please enjoy these free items by logging in before December 31st 11:59PM ET:
  • 3 Forma
  • 7-Day Affinity Booster
  • 1x Legendary Core

this is a joke right? this is a really bad joke CORRECT? 3 forma? 3 sad forma is all you give to us? you do REALIZE that 3 forma is nowhere near enough the ammount needed to repair and put some melees back in track CORRECT? Should be at least 3 forma PER MELEE OWNED that is already forma'd and not just 3 measly formas for the entire arsenal, and no 3 more formas wont do it, we will need way more than that.

Le 25/10/2019 à 18:12, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

1) 3 More ‘Config’ Slots

• 10 Plat each, per item! This offers premium Customization depth - you’ll still have the ABC you’ve always had, just 3 new options. Only appears at MR 10 - so you do need progress before you have this option.

2) Grendel

• 3 Keys are available in Arbitration Honors for his parts. Complete the Key to get the part - but you can Keyshare! One person could get the Chassis Key, while the other gets the Neuroptics Key, for example. They are 25 Vitus Essence each. The Leverian gives a hint of what type of hero Grendel was, which explains the key missions rules. Simply put, they are the great equalizer of key missions. 

3)Parazon

• This is a new tool given to ALL Tenno of any level and is now a part of the Tutorial. It is an interactive tool with widespread use in the game, from basics like hacking and reviving allies to deeper gameplay like decoding the means to Assassinate your Lich.
  • It will have 6 Mod Slots - 3 REQUIEM, 3 PARAZON. 
  • Intruder has become a Parazon mod, and we’re adding 10+ new Mods in Spy Vaults in place of Credits / Endo.

7)Kuva Liches + Kuva Weapons 

• Kuva Liches have an Influence on the Origin System.
  • Playing Influenced nodes incur a reward tax, but you can get some rewards back once you Defeat your Lich.
  • We aren’t going to spoil too much – you will have to learn how to defeat your Lich. Everything we’ve talked about is involved in your Kuva Lich journey. You can CONVERT to your side, or VANQUISH the foe!
  • Kuva Weapons that we are launching with:
    • Kuva Karak
    • Kuva Quartakk
    • Kuva Ogris
    • Kuva Kohm
    • Kuva Tonkor
    • Kuva Drakgoon
    • Kuva Stubba (AKA Twin Stubba)
    • Kuva Seer
    • Kuva Kraken
    • Kuva Brakk
    • NEW: KUVA CHAKKHURR
    • NEW: KUVA SHILDEG 
    • NEW: KUVA AYANGA 
    • Weapons do not come with slots, and you always get a custom version to your Lich if you choose to Vanquish. If you choose to Convert, they keep their weapon but can join you in battles. 

1) With this new customization to bought 1, 2 or 3 new config slots, do you have any plans to change how we forma'd our items and/or we uses Focus Lenses ? my mind about this :

a) If you forma'd a mod slot on an item, you can, in this slot, and in the Config A, put the Madurai Polarity, and, in this same slot but in the Config B, put the Naramon Polarity (but you can't use the Umbra Polarity in any Config unless you put an Umbra Forma in this slot). With 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 Configs, i think this add will be very necessary for allow us more modularities, and i don't think a new (again) type of forma (like the Aura Forma) could be smoothy for QOL...

b) I think a lot of players waiting since a long time to have the possibility to put 5 Focus Lenses (1 for each Focus) on an item (and changed in a Build Config the Lens used) and the possibility to removed any Lens equiped. I think it's shame to see no QOL changes for the Focus since a long time (the changes about Zenurik is for removed the energy channeling efficiency, so we can't consider it like a QOL)

2) I'm excited about how we'll loot Grendel, because. Only 25 Vitus Essence per player if we are 3 friends, one different key per player. Doing this keys with friends will be very cool (that reminds me Void Keyshare). But what about the BP ? in the Leverian maybe ? or in the inbox after the 3 other parts looted ?

3) And what about the Operator ? actually we can't use, for example, the Intruder mod for our Operator, so, hacking is much harder with the Operator (especially in Sortie, or when we use Limbo in Rescue mission because we can't hack with Limbo if we're in the Rift). So, what do you think about adding the Parazon to the AMP too ? this could be an upgrade for the Parazon when people have their first AMP i think

7) You says "custom weapon to our lich", so, for example, the Kuva Tonkor can have different profiles ? not only the profile we've seen in this Prime Time ? if yes, this will be the types of damages only ?

On 2019-10-25 at 6:36 PM, MunsuLight said:

Do you realize that people playing Khora and Atlas efficiently arent gonna use the melee at all because they are normally stat sticking their melee so it is not good to use , so all the easiness to gain the new combo counter wont affect them ? So why even reduce the combo counter gain by 25% ? You are punishing people that play the game efficiently again and again . Why wont you let people play them without the reduced gain and reduce them after if you dont like the number . It is pré nerfing something even before testing it on a bigger scale .

Also even if the catchmoon nerf are warranted , your team should maybe ask why is the weapon is used that much by higher mr player. One of the reason it is because it is the best arbi drone killer by far . Two it kill crowd efficiently. Three the damage albeit being good is not even the best from à secondary but thr fact that it can multihit some enemies with one bullet makes it good .

Why not bring the other weapons near a similar level ? I dont mind the nerf at all but I question how you balance the game 

The "bring every weapon up to its level" is a flawed argument. Warframe as is has little challange and your idea of balance is to make everything broken?

Please, never say that again.

36 minutes ago, -Vane- said:

The "bring every weapon up to its level" is a flawed argument.

To me here was not "bring every weapon to this level" but "bring some of other weapons to this level".

I see a good point in this argument, i will try to explain it simple:

Imagine you have a choice of items in front of you - complete trash, trash, a bit of average things and one thing that works well, this working well thing won't get a beauty prize but it is well kept unlike others.

What you offer is a nerf   = take a hammer, some sand and dirt, make thing that works well work as bad as others.

What I would offer is some balancing and buffing = take some oil and rags to clean and fix other things(NOT bringing them ALL to good level) to give more than one well-working thing to choose(like 5 or 10).

1 hour ago, Zilotz said:

To me here was not "bring every weapon to this level" but "bring some of other weapons to this level".

I see a good point in this argument, i will try to explain it simple:

Imagine you have a choice of items in front of you - complete trash, trash, a bit of average things and one thing that works well, this working well thing won't get a beauty prize but it is well kept unlike others.

What you offer is a nerf   = take a hammer, some sand and dirt, make thing that works well work as bad as others.

What I would offer is some balancing and buffing = take some oil and rags to clean and fix other things(NOT bringing them ALL to good level) to give more than one well-working thing to choose(like 5 or 10).

Your average weapon in Warframe is more than capable of doing up to 110 lvl content, the issue is that weapons like Fulmin and Catchmoon offer the dame damage WITH more utility. If Catchmoon traded some damage for utility that's great, that's fine, but not both. 

Because of the power-creep and the no nerfs outcry, Warframe is in a perpetual no challange untill it's imposibble state.

On the Catchmoon nerf. DE, you obviously can't test out all possible builds on the weapons that are being introduced into the game. That's understandable, seeing how many mods, arcanes, and their combinations exist. So, from time to time you give us something really, really OP. And then you don't catch it early, and it stays in game for a while, and players get somewhat emotionally attached to nice things. And they get upset when you take it away. 

Going back to the fact that you, clearly, can't predict how certain weapons will behave in game. You have a small army of partners and dedicated brainiacs playing. Why not give them the weapons 1-2 weeks early so they can play around with them, make up some builds, and you can fix most issues before the final product is introduced?? 

Il y a 11 heures, -Vane- a dit :

The "bring every weapon up to its level" is a flawed argument. Warframe as is has little challange and your idea of balance is to make everything broken?

Please, never say that again.

I dont mind the Catchmoon nerf like I said, but DE need to stop nerfing nerfing and nerfing without really buffing things up. Im not talking about buffing already good weapons, but the trash one that see no use at all even though sometimes their feelings and look are fine. 

And if you play in pubs you can see that for a lot of people the game is a challenge, because lets be honest, the general level of pubs is just plain horrible, but I still agree with you that the game isnt a challenge for me or for a lot of people, but DE prefer to cater to the casuals, fashionloving crowd because it is where the money is. 

On 2019-10-26 at 3:58 PM, Seregios said:

It's a known fact that DE hates efficiency of any kind. Though, when they start nerfing on common sense (Destroying double dipping on loot followed by releasing a mod drop booster) and people start preparing to quit, they back up on their actions. Case in point, they're going to nerf a weapon you can't get but by playing the game a fixed number of days..that's dumb. We're forced to eventually take nerfed garbage! Come on now..

For the exact reason that its a weapon that takes so long to get, it would confuse me if they did. BUT, this is not confirmed, only mentioned on their dev stream. If they gave a good reason MAYBE, but I can see none. AFK can't be the case because you have to play for a year almost to get it, only half the damage doesn't require swinging the thing and it has a limited deployment time. I am hoping that was just a thought they had and they wont nerf or if they do have a solid reason, but I wanted to give my 2 cents if it wasn't.

17 hours ago, -Vane- said:

Your average weapon in Warframe is more than capable of doing up to 110 lvl content

Really? Then how about testing your opinion?

Go to kuva survival with only secondary+nekros(solo)  and show how well you kill lv110+ mobs without catchmoon,  i want to see it.

Guys, I'm sorry but I really don't understand all the hate even for the inbox bundle, they even said there would be melee alerts which give even more Formas, we got another Forma with the Hallowed Flame, and that would make like 7 Forma. 7 Forma are, what, 70-90 Plat you just saved? it's not that horrible at all. You don't even know how many Formas you would have to spend, it's not like every single mod has its own polarity, there are 4 polarities in the game ("special" ones aside), no matter how many mods are around. 

And we even get a Legendary Core out of nowhere, I might add. 

I don't get why does this sound so awful to some of you. It's not like every single player in Warframe needs a bundle of 30 Formas, but even so, Formas can be farmed relatively easy. Sorties, Relics, Nightwave, Alerts, Invasions... They chose to speed up our farm a bit, not to pulverize it entirely. Yet I still read all these disappointed comments, all this talk about impending doom while the mainline isn't even out yet, and forgive me, but this doesn't make any sense. Wait for the update, try your weapons, play with configurations, then decide what should be done with them. We can't talk about a thing that isn't even out yet, we don't have any substance to create our opinion, only speculation. 

On 2019-10-26 at 4:44 AM, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

I don't know when you started, and I'm not interested in the "I'm saying it first", but I've been asking it from at least January here and on reddit

I even got Pablo's attention on twitter with an infamous image with Times New Roman writings in red

I was so happy, and I wasn't the only one, when with the Saint of Altra update on PC they allowed to purchase loadout slots, but then DE labeled it as a mistake and reverted it and refunded the purchases

For the players that loves variety, this is of paramount importance, and DE should put the money where the mouth is: DE wants player to differentiate and try stuff, but who does it already can't have what they're asking...and we're not asking it for free

Me neither (not interested in who said first), and plus not interested in any kind of competition also bc it’s stupid... this is just an PVE game and have no reason to drive players like in a corral. If players want to run around with their variety it’s ok to me. 95% of my. Play time it’s solo anyway and when it’s not I’m or helping  someone or with 1 or 2 friends which still play wf. Looks something’s from a company which “hear their users”.

1-  any players asked for a nerf in pve game?

i doubts cuz its pve

2- players asking for more loadout slots.

i was wondering if I was the only one. That’s why I quoted your msg happy bc I wasnt

3- Player asking for more stuff to do

they release new tennogen or “plat buy” stuff. (They never released so many things at same time before)

4- players don’t asked a solution for “host migration”

personaly idc about this problem since I play solo... but have any progress? 

that’s some facts from the company which “hear their users”. 

again I personally don’t care with any kind of competition cuz it’s useless. I don’t care about fashion stuff (but if someone cares it’s ok to me), but say “fashion frame is our endgame” to me sounds just like a crap excuse to not have a endgame.

and there’s plenty more bugs to talk about I just try not to look at them cuz I’m self motivated... again my quote was just to show ur not the only one

On 2019-10-26 at 7:08 AM, Imppuccino said:

I was asking for more loadout slots before it was cool

Would be awesome at least one for each unique frame... and plus we paying for it as @omegaslayer said in another post. It’s gd to know more ppl think on that. I respect the fashion ppl and their tastes. But to me... useful things always come first.

I think Ember Fireblast should be buffed more in certain way.

FIRE BLAST

• Casting time has been greatly reduced, and the ability now strips armor from nearby enemies.

Heat Status Proc Changes:

• Heat Status procs now reduces Armor in increments over time. Not hot enough for you? Apply the Status proc multiple times to turn up the Heat

Does this not seem redundant?

Archived