Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you heal your Warframe?

nalsur10

Question

Hello everyone, I've been thinking recently about the new reworks on some frames and the other day I invited my friend to go obtain the parts for Rhino. We needed some plastids for them, which led us to go to Piscinas. I brought Nekros for extra loot, he brought frost prime since we got it from twitch and was a bit tankier for survival with high shields.

I already have some protection with nekros' despoil and shield of shadows augment but he doesn't and eventually there comes a point in every mission when the enemies just get too tough and we are forced to leave.

Especially against factions that tend to bypass shields I am always worried about how I am going to heal myself if I don't have vazarin dash active. I've equipped life strike on my weapon and now that has me slamming the ground whenever I need health. Even if I liked playing Nyx I knew I wouldn't have been able to live as long as I did  without setting her up with reliance on her assimilate augmented absorb, even then energy parasites are a nightmare if you can't find them and kill them quickly at 50% movement speed.

Also I like my lovely Titania, but how do I perform heavy attacks now with her razorwing melee weapon now? I rely on those to heal her. 

What are some relatively easy ways that you heal a warframe you like to play that doesn't have an innate ability to self heal like Oberon or Trinity? My friend hasn't completed the sacrifice yet, so feel free to suggest arcanes but those are harder to obtain if you're not pouring plat into the game or trading.

Thoughts?

I've been reading the feedback forums on suggestions, but I just wanted to hear your thoughts first on how you heal yourself in a mission. Survivability seems to be a main concern in Warframe. I'm glad everyone rushes to revive me and appreciate it, but also mitigating how often it happens can make our gameplay a little more fluid throughout missions. 

1 hour ago, nalsur10 said:

What are some relatively easy ways that you heal a warframe you like to play that doesn't have an innate ability to self heal like Oberon or Trinity?

If you have Spoiler mod, then there is Magus Nourish which heals your frame by 10/15/20/25 health per second as long as you are in spoiler mode when exiting the warfarme. Or Magus Elevate which heals your frame by 50/100/150/200 health upon entering your warframe. This means you can easily heal your frame at the press of a button at any time for a decent amount.

Edited by AndouRaiton
fixed incorrect info

5 minutes ago, AndouRaiton said:

If you have Spoiler mod, then there is Magus Nourish which heals your frame by 10/15/20/25 health per second as long as you are in spoiler mode when exiting the warfarme. Or Magus Elevate which heals your frame by 50/100/150/200 health upon entering your warframe. This means you can easily heal your frame at the press of a button at any time for a decent amount.

I have spoiler mode, I tried looking into this but I don't think the nourish I have is leveled enough to provide enough protection, Elevate on the other hand sounds a bit more doable for burst healing in a pinch.

8 minutes ago, TarekMansur said:

Magus Repair, it also heals your teammates.

after reading about that particular one, it sounds amazing although does take some time to get considering it requires standing in fortuna's back door.

Gear: Healing Pizzas (squad), Health restore (individual)

Rejuvenation Aura (forgot this :-P)

Melee mods: Life Strike, Healing Return,

Companions: Synth Deconstruct, Medi-Ray, Odomedic, Vasca Kavat, Hunter Recovery, 

Weapons: Hirudo, Hema, Broken Scepter, Furis with Winds of Purity, Nikanas when using Daikyu with Amalgam Daikyu Target Acquired

Frame arcanes: Arcane Grace, Arcane Victory, Arcane Pulse (assuming you have some way of generating health orbs)

Weapon arcanes: Exodia Might

Spoiler mode: Magus Elevate, Magus Nourish, Magus Repair, Vazarin Protective Dash

Parazon: Blood for Life

Syndicate primary/secondary procs: Steel Meridian, Arbiters of Hexis, New Loka (forgot these too)

Specters of frames with healing abilities.

Edited by schilds

1 hour ago, nalsur10 said:

interesting, what is healing return? also where do you obtain the daikyu amalgam? I'm assuming it's a mod yes?

Healing return gives you 11 health for every status an enemy has when you hit them with your melee and you get the amalagam from ropalolyst 

When I was new I use the health pad from syndicate.  And it's such a mats eater

Moved on to healing mods, but it restricts you from one mod slot which could have been replaced by a dmg buff mod.  Weapon choice became narrowed and it's kinda unreliable to heal yourself.

Vazarin Dash, sounds good, but it locks you out from school selection.

Right now I am using Magus Elevate, whenever I am low in HP I just pop operator mode several times and my HP is full again just in a few seconds. Totally safe, doesn't need enemies present, quick, infinite usage, no requirement, and it won't lock you out from frame, weapon or school choices. 

Magus elevate only cost 10k standing from Quill, so it's cheap on the market at ~5p each. If you are not going to have access to purchase it with standings soon, 50p is super worthy to have that healing ability in full power.

The only thing I worry is when I pugged into a poor connection (300ms+) host, resulting in annoying lags while transference.

Btw Magus Nourish is too slow for anything, don't recommend using it.

Edited by SHArK-FiN

are you asking for waframe that could heal other or self healing? or simply way to heal self without change your warframe? if you looking for squad healing there is a bunch of frame like Trinity, Harrow, Nidus, Oberon, Khora or self healing like Inaros or Wu Kong. there also bunch of skill augment that make the skill self healing like Saryn or Ember. if you like healing from other than frames, you can use Sentinel or Beast Mods like Medi Ray or Hunter Recovery. there also other stuff like Mantis Orbiter air support call can heal you

edit: FYI, oberon and Trinity is obtainable without doing the sacrifice, even Oberon can be done before doing anything else, just hunt some Eximus

Edited by reinforcers

2x Magus elevate, Magus repair is 20% per seconds, but it is 5 seconds of wait at most. Magus elevate you can get full in a instant by going in and out operator mode. There is at least one weapon melee that have a inate life steal form, but I forgot which one.

For my despoil Nekros I use the Hirudo. It heals up nicely. But I also like others mentioned use healing return.  I use the Zakti Cyanex or pox.  Those dole out a lot of status.  The I smack them with a weapon like lesion, cassawar or Scoliac or anything to be honest.  Even the Cerrata will work well.  

On 2019-11-07 at 7:45 PM, schilds said:

Healing Pizzas

Rejuvenation Aura (forgot this :-P)

Melee mods: Life Strike, Healing Return,

Companions: Synth Deconstruct, Medi-Ray, Odomedic, Vasca Kavat, Hunter Recovery, 

Weapons: Hirudo, Hema, Broken Scepter, Furis with Winds of Purity, Nikanas when using Daikyu with Amalgam Daikyu Target Acquired

Frame arcanes: Arcane Grace, Arcane Victory, Arcane Pulse (assuming you have some way of generating health orbs)

Weapon arcanes: Exodia Might

Spoiler mode: Magus Elevate, Magus Nourish, Magus Repair, Vazarin Protective Dash

Parazon: Blood for Life

This is quite the thorough list, I've thought about broken scepter, but does it not require you to stand there and absorb the enemy and drop the health orb?

Also healing pizzas are the squad heals? 

- Rejuvenation aura

-Beast pet with Pack Leader+Hunter Recovery  (pack leader isnt really "needed" as that is how you heal your pet.  HR is what heals you.   This is my 2nd best healing method,  this handles any nicks and cuts or small chunks of damage)

-Robot pet with Synth Deconstruct+Synth FIber+ Health Conversion.   SD makes enemies your sentinel hurts sometimes drop HP orbs.  Fiber FORCES your frame to pick up all HP orbs.  HC grants armor on HP orb pick-up...  (all you really need as far as health recovery as SD but as long as you are using that you might as well get armored up also......this all relies on a 25% drop chance which is pretty horrible,  I dont really like this combo of mods)

-Any pet with medi-pet ray is a super crappy HP regen  (only activates sporadically)

-Magus elevate has a 75% chance of healing u 200 hp and you transfer INTO your warframe.  Not 100% and only 200 hp.  It works great when it works but is not very reliable. (Quills)

-Magus nourish? makes you Warframe regen hp when you transfer OUT of your warframe for x amount of seconds.  Reliable but time consuming and I dont remember the % of healing per second. (Quills)

-Magus Replenish? Heals you by 20% when you void dash?  I think this heals others who you dash through..  I've seen this used a little and it looked really effective...(quills)

-Magus Repair heals you and everyone else within 20meters by 20%/second while u hide in the void as operator.  This is favorite method of healing.  You are immune to everything while you heal.  The only downside is if you are in a time crunch.  But your usually not at 0% when you need healing.  I usually only use 2-3 seconds just to get back into the fight.)

Magus healing arcanes can be difficult because of the lag of transference sometimes.   

On 2019-11-08 at 4:22 PM, Reverse830 said:

It's slow compared to the rest, but the Rejuvenation aura mod also works nicely.  The upside is that it's one mod that works for everyone in your party and doesn't require any input aside from existing.  It's slow, but very reliable over time.

If only we got the option to opt out of that aura. 

Depends on what frames and equipment you are using: Some frames heal from abilities directly such as trinity, wisp, and oberon; or indirectly spawn healing orbs like nekros and nezha. Some specific builds and mods can do this: Saryn for example can get a mod called Regenerative Molt. A thing I relied on early was syndicate mods for weapons or syndicate weapons themselves for healing bursts. Arcane grace restores hp when you get hit, healing return can get hp back up so long as you can regularly apply status procs, the rejuvination aura isn't too shabby either: helps stave off bug bite damage.