Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

do lich steal enough?

Emolition

5 minutes ago, Emolition said:

Am I the only one that would like the lich to steal 100% of the amount they steal instead of just tiny amount? Feel it would make a bigger reason to kill the lich if they take 100% instead that would make a nice cash out when collecting it.

The "stealing" mechanic is literally irrelevant. It's a cheap trick that tries to make you think fighting liches is rewarding you something more than a single weapon.

There is no "cash out", you simply get the things you already had later than you got them. It's as if your item drops got a host migration.

• Like 4

Just now, HugintheCrow said:

The "stealing" mechanic is literally irrelevant. It's a cheap trick that tries to make you think fighting liches is rewarding you something more than a single weapon.

There is no "cash out", you simply get the things you already had later than you got them. It's as if your item drops got a host migration.

Yeah I know that but feel like seeing a large amount of credits or resources from 1 mission reward would be nice. Just like some ppl look for those insane damage numbers that I don't really see how they can pick up for the numbers are gone so fast I never see how much damage I do.

1 minute ago, Emolition said:

seeing a large amount of credits or resources from 1 mission reward would be nice

That's exactly the trick I'm talking about. Don't fall for cheap lies like these. Demand the mode to be truly rewarding instead.

The simplest mechanic would be multiplying the stolen stuff based on the Lich's Rank (and at the same time increase their max rank capability). That's how you incentivize people.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Emolition said:

Am I the only one that would like the lich to steal 100% of the amount they steal instead of just tiny amount? Feel it would make a bigger reason to kill the lich if they take 100% instead that would make a nice cash out when collecting it.

Just don't use rewards until you kill lich then? 

50 minutes ago, Emolition said:

I don't like that it can steal the relics/mods you need to kill them, but other than that I wouldn't mind if it took 100% of the credits/kuva/etc.  I mean, were I to start stealing from someone to anger them, might as well steal it all rather than 5% or whatever it is

We're going to grineer places killing, stealling and destroying like barbarians, so yeah why not let's them take a bit more of the loot haha.
But i hope they make much more and better changes to this system because it's not very fun and it has potential, even if that means a delay of the railjack update.

1 hour ago, HugintheCrow said:

That's exactly the trick I'm talking about. Don't fall for cheap lies like these. Demand the mode to be truly rewarding instead.

The simplest mechanic would be multiplying the stolen stuff based on the Lich's Rank (and at the same time increase their max rank capability). That's how you incentivize people.

have you ever heard of, playing for "fun"? HOWEVER, jokes aside, do not get me wrong a multiplier for stolen stuff will be cool, and I will agree with you that it is not entirely important, I do like that they do it because it gives them a little more personality. I love when I get the lichs that go "Yoink!", and I do plan after I get my weapons to summon a lich and let him tax me for a year or something just to see the big numbers when I kill him, not because it is rewarding, but just because I think it would be funny and cool to see the big numbers. have some kind of Guinness record of, "The most resources achieved in a single mission" or something like that.

2 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

have you ever heard of, playing for "fun"? HOWEVER, jokes aside, do not get me wrong a multiplier for stolen stuff will be cool, and I will agree with you that it is not entirely important, I do like that they do it because it gives them a little more personality. I love when I get the lichs that go "Yoink!", and I do plan after I get my weapons to summon a lich and let him tax me for a year or something just to see the big numbers when I kill him, not because it is rewarding, but just because I think it would be funny and cool to see the big numbers. have some kind of Guinness record of, "The most resources achieved in a single mission" or something like that.

No "fun" is not good it all got to be 100% efficiency =P

19 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

have you ever heard of, playing for "fun"?

Have you ever considered that getting cool rewards IS fun?

Do you perhaps have actual arguments for some case, or you just want to throw random assumptions at me for no reason?

What exactly is the point of your comment?

6 minutes ago, ChaosSabre said:

At the point you get them their stealing mechanic really is irrelevant.

Even if they stole 100% you wouldn't lose anything of value for you.

Except when new space missions are added around these surrounding planets, then it will get more annoying when brand new rail resource X is stolen.

Just now, HugintheCrow said:

Have you ever considered that getting cool rewards IS fun?

Do you perhaps have actual arguments for some case, or you just want to throw random assumptions at me for no reason?

What exactly is the point of your comment?

I did put down joking aside right? I fully understand you are capable of understanding fun. I even stated myself that more rewards would be cool

1 hour ago, Firetempest said:

I think these little amounts are just getting people used to the idea so they can ramp it up in later lich levels. And then they can add extra rewards to this mechanic like 1.5x bonus returns if you kill it at lvl 6~9. 2x at lvl10. Stuff like that.

^^ that is good criticize, I can see where he is coming from, and I do like his idea. It has a side of, it's fine but it could be a lot better and gives an example.

I am just saying, stop treating Warframe as a job, it does not have to be. Play the game to play the game, and not play to get rewarded. It makes the game even more rewarding when you do get rewarded, and makes dupes and such a little more bearable. Your already playing Hydron all the time to level gear, why not equip some unleveled stuff like secondary and melee and bring a good Primary to Lich stuff. Enemies are high level and levels your stuff about as fast, and you get rewarded (while maybe not as much) while doing so. Sometimes, not getting rewarded, is more about the experience. I enjoy when my lich goes, "I hope you don't need that, Ta ta!" It makes me laugh and wants me to get it back. Sorry if this sounded ranty? I tried to hold back aggression and I am sorry if I went on you a little more than I wanted.

8 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

I did put down joking aside right? I fully understand you are capable of understanding fun. I even stated myself that more rewards would be cool

It's sometimes hard to take a joke when you often have people calling you mentally ill for criticising something on this forum. That said, sorry for being too harsh.

Edited by HugintheCrow

17 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

I enjoy when my lich goes, "I hope you don't need that, Ta ta!" It makes me laugh and wants me to get it back

Same! My first Lich was the goofy "Yoinks!" type, he even had the Kuva hammer, but in the and I just couldn't kill him. It was so fun having him around, and I had to face him for good just because the hotfix wasn't out yet and he kept stealing Requiem Relics. Now the second Lich is the cold one, but again, I like the Liches' personalities, they blend so well with everything else, like a vibrant, amazing part of this game's universe. 

Unfortunately they just stick around you doing nothing when you convert them, for now. It seems they start fighting if you're downed, but it's very buggy. My Lich spawned in the Sortie, I was downed, but he stood close to the host, doing nothing...

About them stealing, now that Relics are safe from their hands, I actually don't mind. Would be interesting if they actually used them for something though; I don't know, weapon parts? Consumables (Potatoes, Formas...)? Imagine if they need to steal our resources in order to build their own capital ship in Railjack... that would be cool. 

Edited by EvanGallaway
typo

2 minutes ago, EvanGallaway said:

Same! My first Lich was the goofy "Yoinks!" type, he even had the Kuva hammer, but in the and I just couldn't kill him. It was so fun having him around, and I had to face him for good just because the hotfix wasn't out yet and he kept stealing Requiem Relics. Now the second Lich is the cold one, but again, I like the Liches' personalities, they blend so well with everything else, like a vibrant, amazing part of this game's universe. 

Unfortunately they just stick around you doing nothing when you convert them, for now. It seems they start fighting if you're downed, but it's very buggy. My Lich spawned in the Sortie, I was downed, but he stood close to the host, doing nothing...

About them stealing, now that Relics are safe from their hands, I actually don't mind. Would be interesting if they actually used them for something though; I don't know, weapon parts? Consumables (Potatoes, Formas...)? Imagine if they need to steal our resources in order to build their own capital ship in Railjack... that would be cool. 

I don't really like the idea of them stealing items to use really, at least not on it's own because that is still materials we would want to keep. Though I could see if were to make like a equivalent exchange system where depending on what they use you would get back in another item. Like they can take 3 orokin cells from your pool but killing him would give you a reactor blueprint instead, 10k credits could be exchanged for a 1 day credit booster. This makes a slightly better system where they have more control of what we loss and gain from the losses and items that are more important like Axi relics, Mods, Ephmuras, Ayatan sculptures, and stuff alike will be safe since they would not have an exchange rate.

I can't decide..
If people are getting things stolen that they need, they're going to be inclined to rage quit if they're not in a position to beat that lich by week's end.

On the other hand, Lich taking 15 salvage when I have near millions of it (I can't even use) isn't exactly incentive.
...but if he stole the kuva relics, I'd be inclined to never bother going back to the planet(s) they're on.. Like, for good.
It's a real curious mechanic, that just hasn't found it's niche yet.

For now, if he wants to take a fraction of the resource I don't need, I'd say, "eat up."
Growing boys and gals need a hearty breakfast..
But I'm also in a rather lofty position with resource after so many years, that I am not affected by this whatsoever.

No because they can steal void traces and those are required to make radiant requiem relics to get the mods to kill them. The stealing mechanic is pretty stupid overall because it doesn't give me any extra incentive to kill them at all. It's just a hassle I have to deal with if they take traces from me because the only fissures I want to do are on their controlled planets or w/e.

How do they even steal anything from us when we have 0 interaction? They just hack into our wiring? Why do they only take a little bit? How do they take anything at all? When we pick up things our warframe basically absorbs it or our allies give us a cut of the credits they pick up. They should only steal anything when you either kill a thrall or interact with the lich because that would actually make sense.

5 minutes ago, More-L said:

No because they can steal void traces and those are required to make radiant requiem relics to get the mods to kill them. The stealing mechanic is pretty stupid overall because it doesn't give me any extra incentive to kill them at all. It's just a hassle I have to deal with if they take traces from me because the only fissures I want to do are on their controlled planets or w/e.

How do they even steal anything from us when we have 0 interaction? They just hack into our wiring? Why do they only take a little bit? How do they take anything at all? When we pick up things our warframe basically absorbs it or our allies give us a cut of the credits they pick up. They should only steal anything when you either kill a thrall or interact with the lich because that would actually make sense.

For the first part: I highly recommend flawlessing, you are not going for the rare you are going for the mod. and generally in pubs of 4 doing relics I almost always mods, I don't understand why people are still mad at that. the mods are like 10 plat AT THE MOST because they are so easy to get. I don't see people complaining losing their Axi relics because they cannot get their "Prime Junk". but I do see where you can have problems, I just feel it is a little overkill hating on a system like that. (Again, do not rad, you are wasting traces faster than they are stealing your, also they cannot go to kuva fortress or void, those are great places to do relics if you just want traces.)

For the second part, yea they are not a hassle. why complain? it is just a little thing there to be interesting, you are not losing or gaining anything, I think the stealing mechanic has been blown way out of proportion to how consequential it is, especially after they removed the requiem relics from the choices. (this was a neucanse, as much I laughed I can see why this is annoying before they made it super easy to obtain relics)

This part. I honestly have nothing on other than, I do not think they are stealing but more you are paying tax? honestly I have nothing on this one, you do make a good point here though I am okay with the mechanic all together anyways. It literally does not harm you.