Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

11 hours ago, (XB1)Almighty Deity said:

That's making up excuses to deny fairly compelling points. If on 6pm Eastern time Friday night prior to the update numbers were 30% higher than the 2 weeks following the update, an inference can be made as to what caused it. I don't need to account for the weather, holidays, or new games in that time, either. It's fairly obvious, though It seems you just don't want to get it. This is how the basics of plotting trends works and it's definitely more than a "could be".

Source: Steam Chart https://steamcharts.com/app/230410

Numbers: Peak player count.

October 1th: 50K

October 6th: 48K peak players

October 13th: 45.7K

October: 20th: 49K 

October: 27th: 53K 

October 30th: 40K peak players (day before the update)

November 13th: 47K - 17% increase when compared to the day before the update.

November 15th: 55K peak players

November 17th: 58K peak players.

I know peak players is different from average, but is still data. The update increased peak player numbers by 45% compared to October 30th (comparing November 14th with October 30th) , and a 9% increase compared to October's last Sunday. Although it lost 1% when compared to October's maximum peak (59K vs 60K) but that is a marginal difference. 

Also. Numbers during the week got better. Although October started quite well with 50K peak during the week, it started lowering by the second week, getting around 40-43K players from Monday to Friday. On November 11th Monday, to Friday 15th the peak is around 47K-50K. So there is an increase in total players.

Also. On October the minimun peak was 38K players and max was 60K. November is 47K minimun peak and 87K max (due to the update). So no, the update did bring more people total per day compared to the previous month.

Source: Githyp https://www.githyp.com/warframe-100650/?tab=player-count

Numbers: AVERAGE

October 1st to October 13th:an average of 32-37K average players during the week with about 45K on Saturday and Sunday.

October 14th to 30th: average of 28-32K during the week and 43K on Saturday and Sunday.

From November 11th to 17th the average during the week is 32-41K with 46K on Saturday and Sunday.

If this site is trusthworthy then even on average the update brought more players, even if the difference is small.

My brain's state before this comment: Hand completing Math Equation on Blackboard : Stock Photo

My brain after this whole mess: Vector mathematics seamless pattern with different signs, figures, formulas and graphs of functions. Math green chalkboard background

Edited by HolySeraphin

15 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I have no clue which graphs you look at.

Steam Charts.

I cant find any single one in this thread that has anything to do with 6pm EST friday night prior to the patch (that would be somewhere in the end of october).

That's an example. You told me before numbers couldn't be properly compared.

I see one with a highlight on Nov 1 at 08.00 along with two different sundays at 15.00 later in November. Those two points are completely pointless since if you move the point on the second sunday to the monday instead you see the same numbers at around 15.00 as you did on the first highlighted sunday. So I'm very curious where those 30% are actually seen.

Well if you want to get crazy the entirety of October was pretty dead for Warframe, hitting one of the lowest max concurrent player counts of any month. According to Statists the highest last month was 60k while most months have multiple days above 80k so...

Total player tracking where? On Steam? Nope, it only shows concurrent and peaks, no actual total.

Feel free to ask DE for that info just to get turned down. Concurrent is what we have, and fortunately it has a strong correlation between total players or the day based on the fact that when Warframe dropped, that number did, too.

And it really isnt an opinions. The game is in top 10 on Steam, which only shows part of the playerbase. If you make it into top 10 you are obviously a healthy game, even more so if you can keep the spot between content releases. What kinda odd expectations do you have on a game to deem it healthy? Heck we are talking a top ten out of thousands of games.

Yeah, it would be. Healthy isn't averaging 45.01% lower players in 3 months. That's called unhealthy decline. Make up whatever excuses you'd like about it, but most of those "thousands of games" aren't free to play. The only 2 up there are DotA 2 and TF2, both of which beat it. Jedi Fallen Order had a cost to play. Rust had a cost to play. 

As I said before I don't think it's permanent, but this draught/flood crap isn't working too well. I'm not Chicken Little screaming that the sky is falling, I'm just saying the darn numbers are down over the last 3 months. That's absolutely fact.

12 hours ago, HolySeraphin said:

Source: Steam Chart https://steamcharts.com/app/230410

Numbers: Peak player count.

October 1th: 50K

October 6th: 48K peak players

October 13th: 45.7K

October: 20th: 49K 

October: 27th: 53K 

October 30th: 40K peak players (day before the update)

November 13th: 47K - 17% increase when compared to the day before the update.

November 15th: 55K peak players

November 17th: 58K peak players.

I know peak players is different from average, but is still data. The update increased peak player numbers by 45% compared to October 30th (comparing November 14th with October 30th) , and a 9% increase compared to October's last Sunday. Although it lost 1% when compared to October's maximum peak (59K vs 60K) but that is a marginal difference. 

Also. Numbers during the week got better. Although October started quite well with 50K peak during the week, it started lowering by the second week, getting around 40-43K players from Monday to Friday. On November 11th Monday, to Friday 15th the peak is around 47K-50K. So there is an increase in total players.

Also. On October the minimun peak was 38K players and max was 60K. November is 47K minimun peak and 87K max (due to the update). So no, the update did bring more people total per day compared to the previous month.

Source: Githyp https://www.githyp.com/warframe-100650/?tab=player-count

Numbers: AVERAGE

October 1st to October 13th:an average of 32-37K average players during the week with about 45K on Saturday and Sunday.

October 14th to 30th: average of 28-32K during the week and 43K on Saturday and Sunday.

From November 11th to 17th the average during the week is 32-41K with 46K on Saturday and Sunday.

If this site is trusthworthy then even on average the update brought more players, even if the difference is small.

My brain's state before this comment: Hand completing Math Equation on Blackboard : Stock Photo

My brain after this whole mess: Vector mathematics seamless pattern with different signs, figures, formulas and graphs of functions. Math green chalkboard background

Average over the last 3 months puts Warframe 45.01% lower than July's average. That's also according to Steam Charts. Even if the average is current it's still down by a large margin overall. 8,000+ concurrent is nothing to scoff at. 

Don't worry guys, everything is under control. This is a controlled downhill trend, like what happened in POE and Fortuna. Once Empyrean, New War and the Duviri Paradox goes live next month, we're going to have a surge of new players and veterans. I'm confident we're going to smash Destiny 2's record on Steam. I know this for a fact, trust me, I had an A+ on my Math subject back in 6th grade.

Edited by Mikaer88

3 hours ago, (XB1)Almighty Deity said:

Steam Charts.

That's an example. You told me before numbers couldn't be properly compared.

Well if you want to get crazy the entirety of October was pretty dead for Warframe, hitting one of the lowest max concurrent player counts of any month. According to Statists the highest last month was 60k while most months have multiple days above 80k so...

Feel free to ask DE for that info just to get turned down. Concurrent is what we have, and fortunately it has a strong correlation between total players or the day based on the fact that when Warframe dropped, that number did, too.

Yeah, it would be. Healthy isn't averaging 45.01% lower players in 3 months. That's called unhealthy decline. Make up whatever excuses you'd like about it, but most of those "thousands of games" aren't free to play. The only 2 up there are DotA 2 and TF2, both of which beat it. Jedi Fallen Order had a cost to play. Rust had a cost to play. 

As I said before I don't think it's permanent, but this draught/flood crap isn't working too well. I'm not Chicken Little screaming that the sky is falling, I'm just saying the darn numbers are down over the last 3 months. That's absolutely fact.

Ok, again where? The ones provided in this thread show nothing except a few cherry picked numbers.

What are you even talking about there? You claimed something about 6PM the friday prior to the patch? Where is that number? The friday prior to the patch was at the end of october since the patch released just on Oct 31. The Steam charts in this thread start showing on Nov 1 at 08.00 with some cherry skips on different points throughout november.

No, you were the one that said it tracked total users. I know how to guesstimate total users.

That is healthy since most games manage to lose 85-90% of their users within the first 6 months, within the first 30 days for sub based games. A retention rate of 10% is normal, 15% is good and 20% is great. Currently WF sits at around 10% even between content updates after soon 7 years, that is good. And what does F2P have to do with anything aside from showing that it is a F2P done right when it competes with AAA titles? Also, you cannot really show the correct rise or drop between two months until both months are over. When Nov is through we can compare it to prior months, right now we are about halfway through with no actual 30 day period to look at since the patch.

And you are kinda chicken little-ing it since you ignore that the behavior in numbers is normal for a f2p title. We've had a year of mostly system changes and fixes, obviously it will get some players on a break. I had a semi break earlier this year spending a few months on only logging in and out while playing other games. It is fully normal and WF is designed that way just like most F2P titles.

Edited by SneakyErvin

14 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Ok, again where? The ones provided in this thread show nothing except a few cherry picked numbers.

Literally at the bottom of Steam Charts shows the month trend. Statista mapped out the monthy high concurrent and it's... Not great.

That is healthy since most games manage to lose 85-90% of their users within the first 6 months, within the first 30 days for sub based games.

Not F2Ps. They can't afford to.

A retention rate of 10% is normal, 15% is good and 20% is great. Currently WF sits at around 10% even between content updates after soon 7 years, that is good. And what does F2P have to do with anything aside from showing that it is a F2P done right when it competes with AAA titles?

Other than free entry, easy access, and it relying on a high playerbase? I'm not going to break down the intricacies of a market if you can't get why a 45% drop over 3 months should worry them a bit.

Also, you cannot really show the correct rise or drop between two months until both months are over. When Nov is through we can compare it to prior months, right now we are about halfway through with no actual 30 day period to look at since the patch.

You can't show the month, but you should know they have the over half the month up. A previous user said it hasn't changed. But hey don't do any leg work yourself!

And you are kinda chicken little-ing it since you ignore that the behavior in numbers is normal for a f2p title.

No, a 45% drop isn't exactly normal for F2Ps subscription? Yeah, but not F2P and not WF, but please explain to me exactly why this is normal and why even though I said "this likely isn't permanent" that I'm screaming the sky is falling.

We've had a year of mostly system changes and fixes, obviously it will get some players on a break. I had a semi break earlier this year spending a few months on only logging in and out while playing other games. It is fully normal and WF is designed that way just like most F2P titles.

That's one way to say "no sizable content since February"... It's quite sad when your biggest fix seems to break nearly every mod it dealt with.

Please just stop and think objectively before replying. It gets boring when all you're going to do is mindlessly defend DE. It's worse than talking about console wars.

its obvious this would happen ot gamingcompany can get away with this much mistake   everytime people will get tired of same thing dexters laboratory waiting GIFand no wait is worth if its this long  so thanks to warframe i have goten in happit to except nothing from  it  and think only trash is comming out so when something better than trash comes out i can be happy insted of having the hope crushed

34 minutes ago, (XB1)Almighty Deity said:

Literally at the bottom of Steam Charts shows the month trend. Statista mapped out the monthy high concurrent and it's... Not great.

Not F2Ps. They can't afford to.

Other than free entry, easy access, and it relying on a high playerbase? I'm not going to break down the intricacies of a market if you can't get why a 45% drop over 3 months should worry them a bit.

You can't show the month, but you should know they have the over half the month up. A previous user said it hasn't changed. But hey don't do any leg work yourself!

No, a 45% drop isn't exactly normal for F2Ps subscription? Yeah, but not F2P and not WF, but please explain to me exactly why this is normal and why even though I said "this likely isn't permanent" that I'm screaming the sky is falling.

That's one way to say "no sizable content since February"... It's quite sad when your biggest fix seems to break nearly every mod it dealt with.

Please just stop and think objectively before replying. It gets boring when all you're going to do is mindlessly defend DE. It's worse than talking about console wars.

Yes, monthly trend and we arent finished with the month.

Yes, uhm they can, that is what they live on. People come and go, that is the nature of F2P games. Losing players over a period doesnt really matter aslong as those that are there spend on it. I'm about as useful as a non-playing player atm since I havent spent on plat in ages. Sub based games rely far more on the number of active players because they need the sub fees in order to stay afloat. Hint: There is a reason why several sub based games and some B2P games have gone f2p over the last few years.

The game still has a very healthy playerbase and has had so between content releases aswell. 100k-ish concurrent players is more than enough to sustain the game and the community.

There is also no need to see a massive increase, I dont actually think I ever claimed there was. As the other poster showed it is holding pretty steadily so far. Which is all good.

And no a drop of 45% isnt normal, they tend to drop even more. As I said, most games drop up to 90% of their active playerbase in the first 6 months, even in successful games. Sub based games tend to do it in the first 30 days, when the freebie period is over. 10-15% retention is normal and usually the stable population point in online games payed or free.

It is and that is how it is. I'm also not sure which fix you are talking about honestly? Nothing has broken any mods for me.

And I'm only defending DE on the points where it feels justified, like in the case when people cant grasp normal population changes and see it as something more. I'm not a big fan of the lich system implementation, I'm not a big fan of how they bulldozed through certain melee changes without stopping and thinking "hey lets add this here so people can decide which way they wanna interact with X mechanic" i.e mostly regarding blocking aswell as the new auto-heavy attack on melee hold, both that could have been solved better through toggle options. Or the fact that they've forgotten major combo lines in some stances, like two of the polearm ones.

Edited by SneakyErvin

15 hours ago, (XB1)Almighty Deity said:

Average over the last 3 months puts Warframe 45.01% lower than July's average. That's also according to Steam Charts. Even if the average is current it's still down by a large margin overall. 8,000+ concurrent is nothing to scoff at. 

Of all the months you could have picked, you pick July? Do you even know what happened in July? TENNOCON 2019 happened on July 6th, alongside Nightwave series 2. The first received a lot of attention from the media, attracting new players with future updates, large number of views on Twitch,a trailer that was spread by IGN and Gamestop and a god damn campaign to go to space. And Nightwave literally rewards you for playing every day.

Before you go for another month, let's review what happened in 2018-2019. Updates are relevant when considering average numbers, without a proper update it is normal for numbers to dwindle. It would be bad if Warframe reached lower numbers than an equivalent content drought.

November 2018:

Average: 61K. Peak: 131K

Fortuna. November 8th

Observation: High influx of players that wanted to try Fortuna after hearing about it during Tennocon 2018. Expect numbers to bleed in the following 2 months.

December 2018

Average: 53K. Peak: 89K

Profit Taker: 18th

Mesa Prime

January:

Average: 52K. Peak: 82K

Updates: Augments 9th

Prime Vault: 29th

February: 

Average: 46K. Peak: 74K

Nightwave: Wolf of Saturn Six. Began February 27th.

Note: Nightwave rewards players for playing every day. Also, players were desperate to reach lvl30 before season's end.

March:

Average: 62.8K. Peak: 115K

Nightwave: Wolf of Saturn Six.

Operation Buried Depths: Requires players to play several times to get the rewards.

Exploiter Orb: Considered one of the best bosses by many. Killing the boss rewards Hildryn.

Melee Phase 1

April

Average: 56K. Peak: 107K

Nightwave: Wolf of Saturn Six.

Equinox Prime

Plains of Eidolon Remaster

Augments.

Arbitration Changes

Prime Vault.

May

Average: 50K. Peak: 97K

Nightwave: Wolf of Saturn Six.(until May 19th)

Jovian Concord (May 22th). New Jupiter Tileset. New enemies, new boss

Disruption game mode.

Wisp

Jun

Average: 42K. Peak: 74K

Wukong Rework

Tennocon Relay

Nightwave Intermission

July

Average: 55.9K. Peak: 94.9K

Nightwave Intermission (ended on July 5th)

Tennocon 2019 (July 6th)

Wukong Prime

Nightwave season 2 (High average numbers due to daily tasks, less than Wolf due to good changes to the system)

Prime Vault

August:

Average: 53K. Peak: 96K

Nightwave season 2

Dog Days

Augment changes

Gauss and Expanded Disruption (August 29th)

September:

Average: 42K. Peak: 80K

Prime Vault

Nightwave season 2 (significant decline due to people reaching rank 30)

Arbitration revisisted

Chinese controversy.

October:

Average34K. Peak: 60.9K

Nightwave season 2  (ended on October 13th). Note: Significant decline in average and peak players due to players reaching rank 30. Nightwave's end also might explain the fall from 48-50K peak during the week to around 38-43K

Atlas Prime. Controversy due to mod booster. Also considered one of the weakest Prime Access until now.

Disruption rewards changes.

Intermission 2 (October 21th). Note: Very little reason to play for those who already have the rewards from previous seasons.

Old Blood update (October 31th)

November: 

Average: 45K  Peak: 87K NOTE: MONTH IS NOT OVER  (I added the average of every day until today and then divided by the number of days. So 814,000 divided by 18). Yes, I did consider the release date, because Steam Chart doesn't differentiate this kind of thing, they count everything. However, considering the huge spike at the beginning, I believe that by the end of the month it will be average: 40-42K due to the number spreading over the days.

Note 2:I  just made a test. I reused the average numbers from 11th to 17th  (Monday to Sunday) to fill the rest of the month, and the average is 42K.

Source: https://www.githyp.com/warframe-100650/?tab=player-count).

Old Blood Update.(Kuva Lich system and Requiem void fissures)

Grendel

Weapon Exilus adapter

Melee phase 2: Technique. Note: Major rejection from a portion of the players, specifically Maiming Strike abusers, Condition Overload (which was waaay OP) and BloodRush (gave more crit than anything in the game)

As you can see. There is a very valid reason for the high peaks of every month, and reasons for low average players on others. It would be weird if DE released the Emissary and numbers were way lower than Wolf, but they're not, they're consistent with every release.

Don't try comparing 2018 with 2019. 2019 has higher average numbers up to Jun.

Jun 2018 (Sacrifice quest received a lot of attention during an event, with Megan saying "this week" and talking during an interview).

July 2018 (Tennocon 2018. Fortuna and Railjack reveal, will affect following months).

August 2018 (Revenant, lingering effects from Tennocon)

September 2018: (Pyrus Project, Nehza Rework, Chroma Prime, Plague Star, free forma for the win)

October 2018 (Chimera, Arbitrations)

November 2018: Fortuna. 

I'm not saying the game is in a great spot, but don't act as if Warframe is at its last legs. The only month I would be worried is October 2019, because 34K average is a number from 2017. But this is explained by a very weak Prime Access (Atlas Prime),the mod booster controversy and lingering effects from the Chinse translator controversy (which seems to still affect the reviews to this day). And I just remembered that Destiny 2 went free to play on October 1st, many players  went to give it a try while Warframe goes through some content drought.

Edited by HolySeraphin
  • Like 1

On 2019-11-17 at 2:12 AM, Corvid said:

You do realise that temporary dips are a thing, right? Especially since we literally just had a major game release.

Hell, Warframe's peak player count today beat out Rocket League's (just under 61,000 vs just over 55,000), placing it as the 9th most played game on Steam.

Oh, sorry, I forgot. Reality is a concept exclusive to "White Knights". Carry on with whatever doomsaying you were doing.

Temporary dips are ok.

Dip after a major update after almost a year of content drought ? Not ok.

Just now, White_Matter said:

Temporary dips are ok.

Dip after a major update after almost a year of content drought ? Not ok.

Forgot that we have a very weak Prime Access, people are going over the walls due to some justified Melee nerfs and the chinese are still kinda pissed. Prime access makes free to play players farm for several hours, sometimes taking about 4 days, but for others it is 2 weeks or more.

Edited by HolySeraphin

The vast majority of the content that DE has released in the last 2 years has been pallet swapped rehashes of old content.  The only thing new about the Kuva Lich missions is the parazon (meh) and the guaranteed fail-state.  Other than that, it's the exact same missions with a few re-modeled enemies that act just like all the other enemies in the game.  That's it.  It's new enemy models doing the same garbage enemy AI things on the same tilesets with the same mission types.  Now with 300% more grind and RNG and a #*!%ing SIXTY FIVE forma requirement for some damn MR.  

I cannot state this clearly enough:  Grind is not content.  

Fortuna was a polished POE with a new tileset.  People have made more complex, nuanced whole games in less time than it took DE to shine the turd that is POE and rename it Fortuna.  It barely qualifies as content.  POE was literally just starchart missions, but outside.  The quests are content.  Railjack will hopefully be content (it at least looks like it will be.)  They just keep releasing grind, with nothing really substantially new behind it, refuse to listen to what players want, leave bugs in for years, etc.  If railjack isn't seriously amazing this game is going to drop 10 times faster than what it's doing right now.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HolySeraphin said:

(..  things ..)

I'm not saying the game is in a great spot, but don't act as if Warframe is at its last legs. The only month I would be worried is October 2019, because 34K average is a number from 2017. But this is explained by a very weak Prime Access (Atlas Prime),the mod booster controversy and lingering effects from the Chinse translator controversy (which seems to still affect the reviews to this day)

The thing I don't like to see when checking out Steam numbers is that Warframe has had a very clear cycle since summer last year, where we 1 positive month ( as measured by growth of active players ) followed by 3 negative months. This in itself would be ok ( it's just how DE has their development cycle organized ), but the problem is that those 3 negative months combined always end up losing a lot more players than what the positive month brought.

If you draw a chart with a trend line, it will be clear that there's an obvious trend down since July last year.

Here's an example of what I'm saying above (-/+ active players ):

Aug-Oct 2019        -24,209 = -10,980 From July
July 2019        +13,229
April-June 2019        -20,126 = -3,550 From March
March 2019        +16,576
December-Feb 2018-19    -15,262 = -3,494 From November
November 2018        +11,768
Aug-Oct 2018         -26,876

As for October, I would be more inclined to think that Destiny becoming f2p and their Shadowkeep thing could be related ( I know of several people that took a break from Warframe to play that ).

Does this mean that Warframe is on a bad spot? Hard to tell, but it seems to me that if nothing changes and this trend continues, give it a couple years and the player base will be diminished considerably. 

Edited by Vit0Corleone

Just now, Vit0Corleone said:

The thing I don't like to see when checking out Steam numbers is that Warframe has had a very clear cycle since summer last year, where we 1 positive month ( as measured by growth of active players ) followed by 3 negative months. This in itself would be ok ( it's just how DE has their development cycle organized ), but the problem is that those 3 negative months combined always end up losing a lot more players than what the positive month brought.

If you draw a chart with a trend line, it will be clear that there's an obvious trend down since July last year.

Here's an example of what I'm saying above (-/+ active players 😞

Aug-Oct 2019        -24,209 = -10,980 From July
July 2019        +13,229
April-June 2019        -20,126 = -3,550 From March
March 2019        +16,576
December-Feb 2018-19    -15,262 = -3,494 From November
November 2018        +11,768
Aug-Oct 2018         -26,876

As for October, I would be more inclined to think that Destiny becoming f2p and their Shadowkeep thing could be related ( I know of several people that took a break from Warframe to play that ).

Does this mean that Warframe is on a bad spot? Hard to tell, but it seems to me that if nothing changes and this trend continues, give it a couple years and the player base will be diminished considerably. 

It is because July always brings more players because of the huge media coverage from Tennocon and we also had the POE and Fortuna expansions, which also bring a lot of players. The thing is that many of the newcomers give up due to Warframe's complexity (One does not simply understand Warframe) and grind (it isn't for everyone). So we lose a good portion of these players through the year.

If you look at the average players from 2018, most months are about 50K or over due to grand releases or Tennocon. The exceptions are January being 45K, February 49K, March 48K, May 42K, October 49K. 

In 2019 it is mostly the same, most months have an average of 50K or more, with the exceptions being: February 46K, June 42K, September 42K, October 34K (Destiny 2 could be related).

If you compared both years, we have similar drops in similar periods, except for a very big one in September (51K vs 42K) and October (49K vs 34K, Destiny 2 could explain this coupled with lackluster Prime Access and booster and chinese controversy)

Also, 2019 has more average players than 2018 up until June, but I explained the reasons in my previous comment.

And in 2017 28-35K average was the rule until POE reveal in July and Launch in October.

Edited by HolySeraphin

2 hours ago, HolySeraphin said:

I'm not saying the game is in a great spot, but don't act as if Warframe is at its last legs. The only month I would be worried is October 2019, because 34K average is a number from 2017. But this is explained by a very weak Prime Access (Atlas Prime),the mod booster controversy and lingering effects from the Chinse translator controversy (which seems to still affect the reviews to this day)

I really can't recall when a game trending downward has been good. I guess maybe No Mans Sky? That way the dev's use the money they got by hyping up a mediocre game to somewhat deliver what they promised a year later. 

Edited by Fire2box

1 hour ago, Fire2box said:

I really can't recall when a game trending downward has been good. I guess maybe No Mans Sky? That way the dev's use the money they got by hyping up a mediocre game to somewhat deliver what they promised a year later. 

Not being good =/= being on its last legs. Look at Destiny 2. A lot of people agree by now that it's at least stable and solid now.

A downward trend can be just what a game needs to light a fire under the dev's behinds. It's never ideal, obviously, but it's rarely a death knell on its own.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

A downward trend can be just what a game needs to light a fire under the dev's behinds. It's never ideal, obviously, but it's rarely a death knell on its own.

Yeah, and this doesn't look like a Mass Effect Andromeda level downward trend, more like just a heavy sigh of people being more disappointed than mad.

Just now, Loza03 said:

Not being good =/= being on its last legs. Look at Destiny 2. A lot of people agree by now that it's at least stable and solid now.

I see many negative reviews on Steam saying that Destiny 2's servers are really bad now, with frequent disconnect, code error and hackers in PVP being some of the most frequent arguments. Some also are saying that it is too grindy, but I assume it is because of the genre, after all, both D2 and Warframe are looter shooters.

Edited by HolySeraphin

4 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Yeah, and this doesn't look like a Mass Effect Andromeda level downward trend, more like just a heavy sigh of people being more disappointed than mad.

In fairness, Andromeda was less of a trend and more of a waterfall.

1 minute ago, HolySeraphin said:

I see many negative reviews on Steam saying that Destiny 2's servers are really bad now, with frequent disconnect.

I think those might be out of date. There definitely were serious connection issues a while back (not helped by my own inconsistent internet), but I think they've either cleared up, or the early-adopter falloff has eased the load on the servers, since I've not noticed any troubles on my more recent forays.

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

In fairness, Andromeda was less of a trend and more of a waterfall.

That's not it either, it was more like a black hole, swallowing up any light and hope that the game and company had left.

...Oh right EA was involved, that explains that at least.

Just now, Aldain said:

That's not it either, it was more like a black hole, swallowing up any light and hope that the game and company had left.

...Oh right EA was involved, that explains that at least.

Speaking of EA, it seems they're planning to reboot/save Anthem, but we're getting out of topic.

Edited by HolySeraphin