Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe drops out of steams top 10 just after releasing an Big update.

(PSN)SolarPhantom82

5 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

they have and Atlas was already out of order, honestly Prime frames should not be a factor in all this because that is the ONE consistent thing they have. At best usually they just swapped two primes around because of convenience of some kind like a rework, but usually are not skipped more than twice because they do try to keep the whole 2 females 2 males and it would not bode well if they skipped a frame like 4 times. if you really have a problem with it tough S#&$, wait the 2-3 years the rest of us had to. #Nezha2020

No actually, like over 50% of the playerbase I’m going to play Destiny 2.

Have fun grinding out your runes or whatever so your Kuva Lich doesn’t Insta kill you or whatever.

Edited by (PS4)Mono-Pop
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

Citation needed on that one.

"Most" is a pretty vague statement, that could mean 90% are on steam or even as down as low as 51%.

It may be slipping on steam, but that is not a metric that can use used universally.

True, though I doubt Warframe is going to die from this like come on, once this blows over and the people realize that just because they cannot oneshot level 150 enemies, that it is fine it just means they have to "try" now. I know, a new word right?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (PS4)Mono-Pop said:

No actually, like over 50% of the playerbase I’m going to play Destiny 2.

Have fun grinding out your runes or whatever so your Kuva Lich doesn’t Insta kill you or whatever.

did I say people were not leaving? I said specifically Atlas prime. No one gives a S#&$ about it, but noone gives a S#&$ about prime releases either, they have their expectations set for YEARS of prime, if they got their expectations high just because they thought Atlas was going to be skipped that tough luck dude that is just Natural Selection. I am just saying, Atlas prime making a fuss for the community is FAR from the reasoning and not worth mentioning. I at least most people's problems and most of the problems you came up yourself, but like come on. you are literally stretching for reasons to hate DE just to hate and it's not even funny

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

True, though I doubt Warframe is going to die from this like come on, once this blows over and the people realize that just because they cannot oneshot level 150 enemies, that it is fine it just means they have to "try" now. I know, a new word right?

"Try" has kind of become a foreign word around these parts.

Many players were constantly complaining that Warframe isn't hard enough and I know from my memory alone a chunk of those people are now complaining they can't spin-2-win for 6 hour missions now.

Sadly like my theory above DE came to a similar conclusion that power creep was not going to bring a solution to the difficulty problems but rather only serve to cause more of them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

did I say people were not leaving? I said specifically Atlas prime. No one gives a S#&$ about it, but noone gives a S#&$ about prime releases either, they have their expectations set for YEARS of prime, if they got their expectations high just because they thought Atlas was going to be skipped that tough luck dude that is just Natural Selection. I am just saying, Atlas prime making a fuss for the community is FAR from the reasoning and not worth mentioning. I at least most people's problems and most of the problems you came up yourself, but like come on. you are literally stretching for reasons to hate DE just to hate and it's not even funny

I was suggesting the reasons the playerbase is melting. A disappointing prime release is one of them.

Shut up.

3 hours ago, 844448 said:

Because there's hardly any experiment in destiny, only reskinned missions for reskinned weapons and you haven't seen those bugs like Prometheus lens or arc class bug

Vex offensive and the new strikes and raids aren't reskins at all. WTF are you talking about. 

As for bugs. "Bugframe" is a legitimate meme. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

how can story developing stuff more sustainable?

Just like in Destiny 2 right now how Ikora is building a vex gate in the tower or how the lore of the fortuna citzens got exposed more and more until the final rank. Though tying story to that much standing is certainly a turn off to new players who can earn maybe 6k if that in a day. 

Just now, Fire2box said:

Vex offensive and the new strikes and raids aren't reskins at all. WTF are you talking about. 

God I have a love and hate bugframe, I recently saw a post on reddit where if you rammed your K-Drive into a booster from Vauban, you become SUPER ragdoll

Just now, Fire2box said:

Just like in Destiny 2 right now how Ikora is building a vex gate in the tower or how the lore of the fortuna citzens got exposed more and more until the final rank. Though tying story to that much standing is certainly a turn off to new players who can earn maybe 6k if that in a day. 

sounds interesting if they can work with the standing system to be slightly different. Like two ways to get standing, a quest way that will give you a bunch of standing outside of the cap, and then the passive way where it caps like normal

45 minutes ago, (XB1)Rust Plague said:

Oh crap warframe fell off an arbitrary list.....!!!!!!!!  It's the end of the world!!!!!!!!! Run for the hills!!! Warframe players committing mass quit out!!!! All 15 of the best (in thier own minds) waframe player/forum trolls!!!! It's pandamonium!!!!! Panic!!!! 

Could you all be any more hyperbolic and drama infused? 

Arbitray list? Not really. These are player numbers and shows how long they play for. 

Simply because you fail you understand the analytics doesn't mean they are pointless. "The biggest update of 2019" according to DE themselves and it's met with more disdain and quicker fall off then Fortuna. I'll admit Fortuna is a radically different update but nither open world update really gave warframe a stable, consistant growth of it's steam playerbase. 

now this is where someone goes "Well dummy it's because no one plays Warframe on steam. Everyone plays Warframe on the stand alone launcher duh!!! you can't take analytics from the single biggest gaming platform on PC that's simply absurd!" 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Fire2box said:

Arbitray list? Not really. These are player numbers and shows how long they play for. 

Simply because you fail you understand the analytics doesn't mean they are pointless. "The biggest update of 2019" according to DE themselves and it's met with more disdain and quicker fall off then Fortuna. I'll admit Fortuna is a radically different update but nither open world update really gave warframe a stable, consistant growth of it's steam playerbase. 

now this is where someone goes "Well dummy it's because no one plays Warframe on steam. Everyone plays Warframe on the stand alone launcher duh!!! you can't take analytics from the single biggest gaming platform on PC that's simply absurd!" 

"Well dummy it's because no one plays Warframe on steam. Everyone plays Warframe on the stand alone launcher duh!!! you can't take analytics from the single biggest gaming platform on PC that's simply absurd!"  xD

Edited by Flameduel

1 minute ago, Fire2box said:

K-drive is so bad and poorly updated you can't start K-drive races on a k-drive.

It's still fun to play on. honestly like is "fun" not a dictionary word in Warframe community? What part of that video does not look fun. If they made fast travel in open worlds and made it RNG based on that, I would do it All day

Edited by Flameduel
  • Like 1

Warframe made Fortuna twice the size of POE with nothing going on it. Far from an open world. 

I imagine Railjack is going to suffer the same fate. So far we’ve been shown traversing from mission to mission and fighting cruisers but that’s it. 

DE’s communication grew the game. When they communicate less players leave. Just look at the growth charts for this game, they correspond directly with events and updates, not always mainlines either. 

1 minute ago, AshArbiter said:

DE’s communication grew the game. When they communicate less players leave. Just look at the growth charts for this game, they correspond directly with events and updates, not always mainlines either. 

I wouldn't say they are worse at communications at they used to be, honestly. Like I guess I can see where, but we've had nerfs out of nowhere since the ages of time. We had Synoid Simulor Telos Boltace. Honestly I think it is less that DE is not as communicative, and more that the people who hates on the game, especially this update, is just more vocal. There is a term in my statistics class that probably describes it the best: Voluntary Response Bias. It is the bias where you let being choose to take the Survey instead of asking people yourself. The people who will take the survey most of the time are the ones who are vocal about what they disliked about it, because the people who are okay with it won't bother because why should they. The people on the forumns are the Voluntary Response Bias, they say most of the community is not happy with it but I think it is because the people who DO enjoy it, would rather just ENJOY the game. In all my lich missions, which might be like 200+ missions, I have experienced like 5-10 people who were negative about the system, and even less who were also rude about it instead of just saying they'd prefer not having to do it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Flameduel said:

this is all I want to do these days because everything else in the game is to grindy and easy. Time for people to be creative and make the game fun again. We need a open room where we can just do anything like this with the entire community! hahahahah

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Why when people refer to steam charts they pretend that's the whole playerbase and just leave out that warframe has its own launcher separate from steam? 

No one insinuated so though? 

That said, it does portray a trend that likewise won't be exclusive to the platform if DE doesn't change course fast.

Steam is where majority of pc players stay in, be it tennogen or other reasons like keeping their games under 1 launcher, etc.

I.e. seeing the worrying trend from steam version isn't baseless. It's a case study all the same. Far from definitive as it may be, it's still a large  sample for the case at hand that this downward slope is worrying.

Staying positive is admirable, one that I envy that a lot of people still have such an outlook given DE's continued trend of constant nerfing and regression/ misdirection over the half decade plus of its lifetime.

That said, claiming that steam player count sample is neglible just cause it's indefinite is just another exercise of ignorance is bliss. And quite frankly, that's the exact thing that got us to where we are now.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

So to do vex offensive you need to head to the storm to do vex invasion first, kill waves of vex, kill the gate lord then proceed to the next area until you get the ticket, then proceed to black garden taking down waves of vex. Sounds really similar to escalation protocol except you're fighting vex instead of hive.

Also, surely destiny never have any bug yeah, since we can see numerous pages about it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tsardova said:

-snip-

I will say fair to most of that, while I disagree I can see your point though, with the third paragraph though I will say that nerfs does not necessarily mean bad. What they are attempting is remove simple and easy strategies to trivialize the game for the most part, stuff like Catchmoon and S2W stuff definitly needed to be in check. What they did is no difference from nerfing Telos Boltace and Synoid Simulor when those were top tier. I think what they did this time with melee is very good, a lot of bad melees are now playable, the OP melees while yea feels worse, are still playable just fine. I think what they did with the new Melee stuff is, while yea it is sad there were nerfs, I see a good future where now that a lot of the melees are more comparable to each other than the incomparable mess it was used to be will allow them to balance the enemies better in the future with the damage and scaling updates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flameduel said:

technically, people's threat that this game was going to fail, is kind of a booster to keep going to DE. The very first thing told to them about their game was it was going to fail, that it sounded fun, it sounded good, and it was going to fall flat on it's face. How is this any different?

Because that was publishers knocking them back. Now it’s their playerbase, the games life blood. 

This isn’t DE trying to catch a lucky break, it’s them ramming their game and company into the ground.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 844448 said:

So to do vex offensive you need to head to the storm to do vex invasion first, kill waves of vex, kill the gate lord then proceed to the next area until you get the ticket, then proceed to black garden taking down waves of vex. Sounds really similar to escalation protocol except you're fighting vex instead of hive.

Also, surely destiny never have any bug yeah, since we can see numerous pages about it

See, unlike warframe enemies, Destiny enemies actually change up gameplay.

So “escalation protocol but with Vex” is actually hugely different from the hive. What’s more, we actually got new weapons with the game mode.

What did warframe get in that time? A new frame, that you grind old content to unlock. A new cat, without any of the issues surrounding companions being addressed, and Atlas prime, one of the most boring frames in warframe.

The comparison to destiny is not favourable for warframe. That’s where all the playerbase is going.

• Like 3