Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydron, map changes must be turned back.

Firedtm

Ok, who in DE who thought it was a great idea to put a Invisible Collision Block at the top of the map on that level.

for years and years we have always been able to go too the top of that map, there has never been any issue's, TILL NOW.

I am trying to level the Kuva Archwing Weapon, it is hard to make the weapon to go off when the Grineer rush to the the defense. so in order too get the distance that we need, we need that space back and we need it back now.

17 minutes ago, Shinigami_Greed said:

Spoiler.  Sedna disruption is better than Hydron for leveling to max in one mission.  And waaaay more entertaining, IMO.

Isn't (E)SO even faster? If you're not leveling a frame, you'll most likely team up with a press-4-to-win frame who can just hyper-carry you to max MR. 😛

Probably nowhere near as entertaining, though.

Honestly, they should bring back the old Draco tileset if DE keeps adding ways to powerlevel things.

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Says someone with no knowledge of game design

so you need knowledge of game design in order to play a game ? your statement gives the impression that one must have knowledge of game design in order to enjoy playing a game.

There was no issue nor complaints about Hydron before about people up high on the map.

13 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Invisible walls are a crutch for level design that can't stand on its own. Why this one's been shoved into a perfectly healthy room, I have absolutely no clue.

so true. I would love to know why they changed it, and who the Apple was that wanted it done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Isn't (E)SO even faster? If you're not leveling a frame, you'll most likely team up with a press-4-to-win frame who can just hyper-carry you to max MR. 😛

You can't use Archguns in ESO. Personally, I just Adaro most things aside from K-Drives, Companions, Archwing, and Archmelee. ESO is only really good for normal weapons and when the tileset of the week isn't horrible. You can stealth level Archguns with Gravimag, Amps, Weapons, and Warframes.

Edited by Voltage

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

You can't use Archguns in ESO.

Goes to show how little I use arch-guns outside of Profit-Taker. Never did enjoy using them on foot, they felt too weak compared to standard weapons. x.x

I'll just default to the other suggestion: Level it in an archwing mission like interception or mobile defense.

Edited by Pizzarugi

This particular brand of cancer is bad enough in void defense and absolutely OBNOXIOUS on Ceres. Why anyone thinks having it creep into even more nodes is a good idea is beyond me.

"Oh, we have this incredible parkour system, but don't jump too high! We'll strip away all your abilities and force you to waste energy recasting everything." :facepalm:

Edited by XaoGarrent
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

This particular brand of cancer is bad enough in void defense and absolutely OBNOXIOUS on Ceres. Why anyone thinks having it creep into even more nodes is a good idea is beyond me.

"Oh, we have this incredible parkour system, but don't jump too high! We'll strip away all your abilities and force you to waste energy recasting everything." :facepalm:

Worse still, there's chasms and pits you can now easily parkour out of that also resets you. You'd think they'd be reducing these reset locations due to redundancy rather than adding more.

Or, at the very least, not strip you of your buffs and abilities if you somehow triggered it.

Edited by Pizzarugi

55 minutes ago, Firedtm said:

Ok, who in DE who thought it was a great idea to put a Invisible Collision Block at the top of the map on that level.

for years and years we have always been able to go too the top of that map, there has never been any issue's, TILL NOW.

I am trying to level the Kuva Archwing Weapon, it is hard to make the weapon to go off when the Grineer rush to the the defense. so in order too get the distance that we need, we need that space back and we need it back now.

can you cry any more about an exploit being taken out.  they wouldnt of taken it out if wasnt something that never ment to to be done there.  

• Like 1

I wouldn't say "needs" to be (tho in fairness I haven't played Hydron or much Warframe at all since the mainline) but it does seem super lazy to just inviz-o-wall the map. If they want it changed fine but put something into it and or don't change it until you have the actual assets ready to back it up. 

On 2019-11-12 at 3:42 AM, Firedtm said:

-Snip-

I can only assume they are talking about people who would sit up there and essentially AFK while the rest of the group was actually doing a thing. 

I think I actually ran into like maybe five players who did that throughout all of my leveling in Hydron. 

If that is the case I guess I'm theoretically OK with the area going away BUT again I'd prefer it to be more "elegant" like I dunno maybe remove the collision on whatever the lip is on the upper level? so you can still jump up there but there is nothing to actually stand on because you just clip through. 

Speaking of clipping there is a metric ton of collision I'd love to see removed from the game..... like the tubes on that one starting earth starting tile and like LITERALLY EVERY LIP ON EVERY DOOR EVER. But I guess that's just me lol

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

I don't need to be a chef to know there's not supposed to be a cockroach in my soup. Same kind of thing.

So what, you'd rather this be a game where you get stuck in every corner and fall through the ceiling? It's not a cockroach, it's a bay leaf, it's there for a reason

41 minutes ago, Firedtm said:

so you need knowledge of game design in order to play a game ? your statement gives the impression that one must have knowledge of game design in order to enjoy playing a game.

"i DoN't NeEd kNoWlEdGe tO mAkE cOrReCt FeEdBaCk"

Enough with the fallacies you two. You don't need knowledge to PLAY the game, but if you've going to tell the devs how to MAKE their game you'd better damn well know what you're talking about, and it's obvious you don't. Saying "iNvIsIbLe WaLlS aRe A lAzY cRuTcH" is itself lazy and reductive, not to mention wrong

Edited by TARINunit9
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

So what, you'd rather this be a game where you get stuck in every corner and fall through the ceiling? It's not a cockroach, it's a bay leaf, it's there for a reason

"i DoN't NeEd kNoWlEdGe tO mAkE cOrReCt FeEdBaCk"

Enough with the fallacies you two. You don't need knowledge to PLAY the game, but if you've going to tell the devs how to MAKE their game you'd better damn well know what you're talking about, and it's obvious you don't

No, it's obvious you don't.

And if you're going to talk about fallacies, start with your own appeal to authority fallacies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Speaking of clipping there is a metric ton of collision I'd love to see removed from the game..... like the tubes on that one starting earth starting tile and like LITERALLY EVERY LIP ON EVERY DOOR EVER. But I guess that's just me lol

I like those door frame things. Good punishment for messing up when bullet jumping!

9 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

You don't need knowledge to PLAY the game, but if you've going to tell the devs how to MAKE their game you'd better damn well know what you're talking about, and it's obvious you don't

your right, how about we go play Anthem together ? oh wait guess the players there knew what they were talking about before that game died...

I played Hydron almost every day, because I enjoyed that mode and LOVED that map till they put in the Invisible Collision Block, and no I never came across any Exploit on the map.

SO YEA I know what I am talking about when it comes to that map... the changes they did to the level layout were great, a year or two back. but the Invisible Collision Block at the top does not add anything to the level, it just takes it away for NO reason at all.

Edited by Firedtm
fixed grammar.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, XaoGarrent said:

And if you're going to talk about fallacies, start with your own appeal to authority fallacies.

Whose authority?

Just now, Firedtm said:

I played Hydron almost every day, because I enjoyed that mode and LOVED that map till they put in the Invisible Collision Block, and no I never came across any Exploit on the map.

I don't even have a problem with you in particular, you kept your OP nice and concise: "this specific invisible block makes my experience less fun"

It's @XaoGarrent and his particular brand of moronic ignorance who's grinding my gears

Edited by TARINunit9

1 minute ago, TARINunit9 said:

Whose authority?

You tell me, you're the one committing the fallacy.

Don't try to be slick. Being a developer, regardless of time in the industry or whatever praise people attribute to you, doesn't make you by definition any more correct than any other joe on the street. Your actual effectiveness does. Which is what's being called into question by the OP. You can't just invoke "they're a developer" and bypass making an actual valid argument, you are committing a logical fallacy while having the gull to claim someone else is.

I thought Inafune's massive turd would have taught people this lesson by now, but we still have people like you who think anyone seen wearing a chef hat by the public actually knows how to cook.

1 minute ago, XaoGarrent said:

You tell me, you're the one committing the fallacy.

Don't try to be slick. Being a developer, regardless of time in the industry or whatever praise people attribute to you, doesn't make you by definition any more correct than any other joe on the street. Your actual effectiveness does. Which is what's being called into question by the OP. You can't just invoke "they're a developer" and bypass making an actual valid argument, you are committing a logical fallacy while having the gull to claim someone else is.

I thought Inafune's massive turd would have taught people this lesson by now, but we still have people like you who think anyone seen wearing a chef hat by the public actually knows how to cook.

I have no idea where you're getting this from. You seem to be treating me like a DE white knight? Not my intention. I was expecting to discuss the actual merits of invisible walls with you, but you and @Firedtm seem to just want to get a lot of gripes about Mighty No9 and Anthem out of your system

Perhaps its my fault for leveling the insults (neither of us met each other halfway) so I think at this point it's best if I let you guys vent. Let me know if you guys want to talk about whether letting players camp enemies with impunity is a good or bad idea in a PvE game