Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The true reason why DE won't fix Lich RNG

ixidron92

4 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

I got a better explanation: Staving off content drought.

Consider this: How often would you engage in fighting Liches if the game threw 60% kuva guns and ephemera at you more commonly to the point you now own them all?

This is the real answer.  They make the system grindy so you have to spend more time farming it, and more game time means more sales in plat.  

hace 1 minuto, Genitive dijo:

But there is still a lot of platinum circulating between the players that was paid for at some point, but won't generate any more money. If there was a lot of people who buy a lot of plat specifically to buy rivens, then that would make money, however, I doubt that anyone sane would do that. It is much easier and cheaper for the players to circulate existing currency.

Providing you have that currency, but not everyone has several thousand platinum laying around. Someone at some point will have to buy platinum. Remember that you can generate the goods for free, but someone has to pay for the platinum at some point. Platinum only appears if someone spends hard money on it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

If the game gave you everything, you would be left with nothing to do. Considering how stupidly powerful players are, grind and RNG have become a necessary evil to mitigate your ability to zoom through game content, because DE will not nerf you.

That's what their intentional timegates have been for. How long did it take people to finally craft garuda because the thyst refinement blueprint was locked behind rank 4 of the Solarius United syndicate? 

This lich RNG stuff is just a bunch of RNG slapped onto existing systems of exterminate special enemies, crack relics and then a RNG spell system. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

crazy idea but hear me out.

noone is forcing you to spend stupid amounts of money on a weapon.

You don't need max stats on kuva weapons for them to be good.

you can influence the elemental bonus you get on your kuva weapons by using specific frames if you want a specific bonus

again: noone is forcing you to spend stupid amounts of money on a kuva weapon

now go ahead and call me a white knight

no one forces people to buy rivens for 1-3k plat, yet 

1 minute ago, Zekkii said:

This is the real answer.  They make the system grindy so you have to spend more time farming it, and more game time means more sales in plat.  

Or, you know, people not quitting the game because there's nothing to do.

My activity in this game has dropped significantly over the years due to lack of things to do in the game. Endurance runs are pointless and don't reward you anything you didn't already have (unless you're aiming for that meme decoration in the Index). Whenever DE pushed out new content, I'd come back, blitz it for the rewards, then stop playing again.

Liches and their kuva guns give me something to get the best of, which means I can't feasibly destroy the content and get the best guns. I've gotta stick with it. And the best part of all this is that the enemies can now reach level 100 without being gated behind 1-24 hours (kuva floods and sorties). I think we need more content like this to keep endgame players invested, and making it easier to get the best content would just detract from the attempt.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

~snip~

And anyone who is stupid enough to pay plat (assuming this will even be a thing) for a tiny % increase in damage when there are a plethora of other weapons out there which are much better...are idiots.

Same goes for those who spend stupid amounts of plat on rivens... they're idiots 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

except that lich trading will be done in special trading system outside of the standard trading, and will likely involve trading one contract for another, not plat.

That's an even worse decision, because it opens the door for scammers who abuse player's trust.

hace 1 minuto, Fire2box dijo:

That's what their intentional timegates have been for. How long did it take people to finally craft garuda because the thyst refinement blueprint was locked behind rank 4 of the Solarius United syndicate? 

This lich RNG stuff is just a bunch of RNG slapped onto existing systems of exterminate special enemies, crack relics and then a RNG spell system. 

That's also why murmurs exist. They could have put the whole system behind a satisfying grind. If all Kuva weapons started at say 20% bonus damage and killing a lich or melting a kuva weapons would give you an item to increase that damage bonus by 5%, they could have achieved the same time investment result with less frustration.

2 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

except that lich trading will be done in special trading system outside of the standard trading, and will likely involve trading one contract for another, not plat.

Step 1. find potentional buyer

Step 2. Show you have what they want

Step 3. they give you plat in normal trade

Step 4. You proceed with lich trade. 

special step that may be needed. discount 10 plat off trade so they can join your clan rushing the clan key. 

Edited by Fire2box
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Miser_able said:

If it's Lich for Lich, I'd be fine with it as it means you have to offer something to make it worth the other person trading theirs away.

• Like 2

hace 2 minutos, Numerikuu dijo:

And anyone who is stupid enough to pay plat (assuming this will even be a thing) for a tiny % increase in damage when there are a plethora of other weapons out there which are much better...are idiots.

Same goes for those who spend stupid amounts of plat on rivens... they're idiots 😂

idiots, or gambling addicts, or naive kids or simply people trying to make money off the system.

hace 6 minutos, Miser_able dijo:

Yeah... do you realize that you can simply say: Trading 60% roll contract for any contract+1k platinum, right?That is actually worse because it opens up the market for potential scammers!

Edited by ixidron92

Just now, Helch0rn said:

Too long not gonna watch and not gonna spend plat on rivens.

The point isn't that you will have to pay plat for lich trades. the point is other people likely will. 

I think the highest riven I bought was 1k though I was 100% fine with it. I've known people who pay 2k and up for a riven. I don't think lich trading will fetch this nearly much but it likely will fetch plat it likely will be a thing in trade chat. As if it wasn't filled with rivens enough. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fire2box said:

The point isn't that you will have to pay plat for lich trades. the point is other people likely will. 

I think the highest riven I bought was 1k though I was 100% fine with it. I've known people who pay 2k and up for a riven. I don't think lich trading will fetch this nearly much but it likely will fetch plat it likely will be a thing in trade chat. As if it wasn't filled with rivens enough. 

so what?

is anyone being forced to spend plat? Can someone get banned for refusing to trade with someone that wants too much?

I literally see no problem with people spending their money in whatever way they want as long as it's not breaking any laws.

3 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

Providing you have that currency, but not everyone has several thousand platinum laying around. Someone at some point will have to buy platinum. Remember that you can generate the goods for free, but someone has to pay for the platinum at some point. Platinum only appears if someone spends hard money on it.

True, but you have to pay for a fixed amount of platinum only once. If money has been spent for 100,000 platinum and then it circulates among players, it wont generate any more money, no matter how many RNG "schemes" they implement. Because when trading rivens, prime parts, whatever, the plat doesn't disappear from the circulation. If a share of plat from lich trading went to DE to remove it from the market completely, then maybe you'd have a point, but trading doesn't work like that in the game and you can hang on to the existing platinum for as long as you want.

That's why I asked you if you had the data to show how much platinum is bought by the players with the intention of buying rivens. 

Just now, Helch0rn said:

so what?

is anyone being forced to spend plat? Can someone get banned for refusing to trade with someone that wants too much?

I literally see no problem with people spending their money in whatever way they want as long as it's not breaking any laws.

If what I fear comes true. Trade chat is going to be even more of a mess and DE's entire RNG based system for obtaining kuva weapons is going to be skirted by those who can afford it. 

19 minutes ago, Zekkii said:

Which is totally fine to a point but they pushed their RNG at least one level too far.

In their lust for maximum grind they turned their Mainline from "The Old Blood" to "The Stone Blood" .... EG trying to get blood from a stone.

• Like 1

hace 1 minuto, Genitive dijo:

True, but you have to pay for a fixed amount of platinum only once. If money has been spent for 100,000 platinum and then it circulates among players, it wont generate any more money, no matter how many RNG "schemes" they implement. Because when trading rivens, prime parts, whatever, the plat doesn't disappear from the circulation. If a share of plat from lich trading went to DE to remove it from the market completely, then maybe you'd have a point, but trading doesn't work like that in the game and you can hang on to the existing platinum for as long as you want.

That's why I asked you if you had the data to show how much platinum is bought by the players with the intention of buying rivens. 

But platinum does disappear from circulation. Either because someone doesn't spend it, say, someone sells an item for 1k and don't partake in trading anymore, or because someone does spend it in the market to buy cosmetics or boosters. Platinum is not a constant, it fluctuates. Some people buy platinum from DE, icnreasing the amount in the market, while others "destroy" platinum by purchasing stuff from DE.

Also keep in mind that items can be generated ad infinitum.he fact that new items will constantly appear means the system is not a zero sum game.

• Like 1

yup

Zitat

We are looking at other ways in which we can make the Kuva Lich system more rewarding and unique, although there is still a lot of internal discussion surrounding the ‘hows’ while maintaining the design intent. More on this as it is finalized.

That line in the Dev-Post really made me think "well, what is the design-intent?"

Maybe you are right, hopefully not but i think a part of what you have written is true and is part of the so called design-intent.

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 2