Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Combo killed (lifted) by Stalker

ZakosDryiakk

Ok, so, I was running a rank 5 kuva lich mission solo, and a level 95 stalker appears
All's fine and dandy, I'm with my wukong prime, 1500 bonus armor, kinda tanky build, beating up stalker as usual
And well
Melee 2.9999999 backfired on me by having stalker heavy attack, doing 80% of my HP in a hit, it got me lifted status and he went and combo killed me lol
Anyone else got this?
(On the challenge matter I'd say that's a plus, even if a really minor, so I like it :tongue: A minor step to stalker being a challenge again lol)

• Like 1

I hope this doesn't become common...otherwise its "Stalker appeared, hit me into the air, and then I had zero control while he killed me with nothing I could do to prevent it."

That doesn't sound fun or entertaining in any way, shape, or form.
It just sounds frustrating for the game to go "Well, he hit you once so you die automatically with no way to avoid it!"

Sounds like someone at DE was playing stalker mode 😁 

Can the AI use heavy attacks and lift status in that way? 

Seems a cheap move if that's stalkers new trick with the AI now... First we have the almost endless hp and armour of the wolf and then this... That's not a challenge, its just pushing bad mechanics. 

I don't want to sound like I fear change or challenge 😁 but BS mechanics are not the way. 

Edited by SerpentorPrime
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, -YoRHa- said:

Nice. Also it is not a big deal since we can just dodge/bullet jump out of range while he is winding up, instead of face tanking it. I hope Stalker gets some finishers like Kuva Liches as well.

Do you know if Primed Sure Footed keeps you from getting the Lifted Status from the Stalker?

32 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

I hope this doesn't become common...otherwise its "Stalker appeared, hit me into the air, and then I had zero control while he killed me with nothing I could do to prevent it."

It just sounds frustrating for the game to go "Well, he hit you once so you die automatically with no way to avoid it!"

I mean, there's still ranged options? He still has one of the longest spawn animations, is incredibly slow, and only has a handful or ranged attacks. Unless you decide to exclusively play melee (in which case I've faced him 3 times since patch and not had a problem with that at all) it's not something anyone should even worry about happening. Considering this is also the first thread of its kind in over a week of the update being introduced...

35 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

I've never run into Stalker while playing Wukong. Will Celestial Twin attack him? Does Stalker attack the Twin?

havent checked since the last updates, but if you have a twin, and in operator mode befor stalker spawn, he cant despell it, and the clone will attack him.

30 minutes ago, 3rdpig said:

I've never run into Stalker while playing Wukong. Will Celestial Twin attack him? Does Stalker attack the Twin?

He just outright dispels your twin whenever you try to use 1

30 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

26 minutes ago, SerpentorPrime said:

Sounds like someone at DE was playing stalker mode 😁 

Can the AI use heavy attacks and lift status in that way? 

Seems a cheap move if that's stalkers new trick with the AI now... First we have the almost endless hp and armour of the wolf and then this... That's not a challenge, its just pushing bad mechanics. 

I don't want to sound like I fear change or challenge 😁 but BS mechanics are not the way. 

For that it's just about the same as what I do to avoid being grabbed by the Kuva Lich, try to see the visual cues and roll back
So it's a thing to actively look out for, so I'm into that idea

9 minutes ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

Do you know if Primed Sure Footed keeps you from getting the Lifted Status from the Stalker?

And I dont think it does, if they explained (and coded) it properly, then knockdown and lifted status effects are separate effects, so no easy way out of that (I guess)

1 hour ago, Tsukinoki said:

Almost like he should be an assassin...

1 hour ago, ZakosDryiakk said:

solo, and a level 95 stalker appears

I think some of you might be looking over these two important things.  OP is facing off against a lvl 95 Stalker and doing it solo.  Something that I've done before myself.  the Stalker at that level is much tougher enemy at that level than the much lower level 30 one that most are use to facing.  Add in the solo aspect, and he's a much different beast.  The usual tactics of bum-rushing him by a group of players just won't work against a lvl 95 Stalker while solo.  This was the case even before the melee changes.  

2 hours ago, ZakosDryiakk said:

Ok, so, I was running a rank 5 kuva lich mission solo, and a level 95 stalker appears
All's fine and dandy, I'm with my wukong prime, 1500 bonus armor, kinda tanky build, beating up stalker as usual
And well
Melee 2.9999999 backfired on me by having stalker heavy attack, doing 80% of my HP in a hit, it got me lifted status and he went and combo killed me lol
Anyone else got this?
(On the challenge matter I'd say that's a plus, even if a really minor, so I like it :tongue: A minor step to stalker being a challenge again lol)

That sounds awesome!!! I'd like to fight a Stalker like that.