Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is there no matchmaking for the Grendel missions?

(XBOX)Kuhl MC

So I farmed arbitrations to buy the missions just to find out, that they don't have matchmaking... Why? I can see, that maybe DE wants to boost their frame sales that way (time will tell, how the next new frames will be introduced), but for a game, that always had matchmaking for any activity so far, this is a big letdown. Reminds me of Destiny, where you had to look for groups in chat to do the raids, hated this from day 1, now coming to Warframe... I definitely prefer failing several times with an unsuitable crew over not being able to play the mission at all, because it's impossible to solo them, just saying.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuhl MC said:

So I farmed arbitrations to buy the missions just to find out, that they don't have matchmaking... Why? I can see, that maybe DE wants to boost their frame sales that way (time will tell, how the next new frames will be introduced), but for a game, that always had matchmaking for any activity so far, this is a big letdown. Reminds me of Destiny, where you had to look for groups in chat to do the raids, hated this from day 1, now coming to Warframe... I definitely prefer failing several times with an unsuitable crew over not being able to play the mission at all, because it's impossible to solo them, just saying.

That's the way "Key missions" work. There's no matchmaking because you have to spend a key (Derelict mission or Grendel mission in this case) to access it.

Just now, (XB1)Kuhl MC said:

Razorbacks and Formorians also have matchmaking, you simply can't join them, if you don't fulfill the requirements, why not handle it the same way here?

Because, Razorback Ciphers and Fomorian Disrupters are craftable key items that have to be in your Gear Wheel to use, not like Grendel's keys or the Derelict mission keys.

Just now, (XB1)Kuhl MC said:

why not handle it the same way here?

So that a group of people can keyshare through the system.

I find it much better to either be able to host a grendel mission for friends/clanmates without having to go "Oh yeah, before we can do this grendel mission you'll have to go through a few arbitrations...so tell me when you get you're 25 vitus."

Further it allows people to have backups: Me and a few friends can buy a few keys apiece and then if we fail?  So what we have another key to just try again.

It dramatically cuts down on how much vitus is needed.

2 minutes ago, Tsukinoki said:

So that a group of people can keyshare through the system.

I find it much better to either be able to host a grendel mission for friends/clanmates without having to go "Oh yeah, before we can do this grendel mission you'll have to go through a few arbitrations...so tell me when you get you're 25 vitus."

Further it allows people to have backups: Me and a few friends can buy a few keys apiece and then if we fail?  So what we have another key to just try again.

It dramatically cuts down on how much vitus is needed.

don't you keep the grendel keys on fail?

have they updated/changed grendel's missions for console or do i not know what matchmaking means? 

it's a very flexible mission in that you don't even need to buy the keys, you can just find a game in recruitment chat and make sure at least one person has a key. or did they patch that out?

1 minute ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

have they updated/changed grendel's missions for console or do i not know what matchmaking means? 

it's a very flexible mission in that you don't even need to buy the keys, you can just find a game in recruitment chat and make sure at least one person has a key. or did they patch that out?

OP is talking about automatic matchmaking when you set your game to Public. If you have no squad, set your game to Public, and click on a Grendel mission, the game will not find a squad to put you in, it will just start the mission

• Like 1

I think it's to increase the co op feel*. This way I can get the frame and spend 25 virtus on 1 key instead of 75 on 3 keys and if extreamly lucky like 1 of our clan memebers get the frame free as we allready had the 3 keys.

* Forgot the word i was looking for but to increase the incentive to team up.

Edited by Emolition

We have 10 people in our clan, that have different times that they are able to play, I usually play with a friend only. We did the survival, but I doubt that we two can handle the defense or the excavation. I'm in an alliance with over 1000 people, put in a group request an hour ago, still no response... How are one man clans supposed to do this, if it's not even possible to find players in an alliance?

15 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

OP is talking about automatic matchmaking when you set your game to Public. If you have no squad, set your game to Public, and click on a Grendel mission, the game will not find a squad to put you in, it will just start the mission

oh okay

i agree, it should be a thing. typing is annoying on consoles

And by the way: I managed survival up to 18 min with Revenant solo, before the oxygen ran out, together with my friend we did it. But the other two missions require target protection, energy regen and crowd control/kill potential and my friend has a tight working scedule, so we can't spend ages in chats begging for help...

Just now, EdinaMonsoon said:

oh okay

i agree, it should be a thing. typing is annoying on consoles

And it would be a thing, if all squad members had to spend a Locator (like with Razorbacks). As it stands, only the person who clicks on the mission spends their Locator (like with Derelicts, old raids, original Void, Mutalist Alad V, etc.); thus, no Public matchmaking

35 minutes ago, (XB1)Kuhl MC said:

Razorbacks and Formorians also have matchmaking, you simply can't join them, if you don't fulfill the requirements, why not handle it the same way here?

this should also be how derelict vault runs work, even sorties have a check on requirements such as the missions with equipped weapon type limitations, if they can check for "bow only" weapons equipped im sure they could check for equipped keys, but *shrug*, another long requested feature left for dead.